Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Dragon Quarter was ahead of its time. If they had just waited a couple years roguelike elements would have been a popular marketing buzzword instead of that thing everyone complains about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I want Dragon Quarter on the Switch.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
FFTA is a great game and I actively enjoy the judge system and how laws disrupt gameplay and force creative thinking. Like by midgame, once you get anti laws and stuff, you can completely turn it to your advantage, even cheese entire boss fights.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Final Fantasy Tactics games would be perfect for the Switch.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I hope the eventual virtual console gets advanced wars

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

We already got Disgaea 5

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I hope the eventual virtual console gets advanced wars
The VC is going to end up being a subscription based NES Remix and it makes me incredibly sad.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dizz posted:

We already got Disgaea 5

disgaea is trash.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zore posted:

disgaea is grindy trash.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Bill Barber posted:

The VC is going to end up being a subscription based NES Remix and it makes me incredibly sad.

NES Remix is good tho

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

NES Remix would be perfect for the Switch.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Real talk, grab FFT:WotL on iOS/Android. It's the best version.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

NES Remix would be perfect for the Switch.

It would be a perfect time to release SNES Remix.:)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zore posted:

disgaea is trash.

Actually it's really good.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
i got mario + rabbids, i'm early but it's pretty good. i got the skill trees unlocked and they're small but seem pretty material so that's nice. uhh i can answer questions maybe

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Golashes posted:

i got mario + rabbids, i'm early but it's pretty good. i got the skill trees unlocked and they're small but seem pretty material so that's nice. uhh i can answer questions maybe

How did you get it?

also let us know what order you unlock the rest of the characters.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Golashes posted:

How long have you played it so far, how much longer do you have do you estimate?

Also are there any kind of challenges or anything like that in how you go about the battles? How's the weapon customization if any

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

super taunt posted:

The global test punch is on this weekend too

ARMS is surprisingly fun

ARMS is pretty good despite being a bit content light.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I'll put it in spoilers just in case. there isn't much to spoil

• local store breaks street date almost always. i won't tell cause im not a snitch
  • I just got Luigi after the first miniboss, having Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Luigi
  • Probably like 2 hours, there are 4 worlds I think? I don't really have any kind of metric on how long is left but i imagine i'm almost nowhere since i just got the skill tree.
  • wrt challenges: you get a bonus for completing in a par amount of turns with no one dying
  • no weapon customization yet but it seems like i have a lot of base features to unlock

Golashes fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 26, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
for the love of poo poo can you turn off the DAAAAAAH and skip cutscenes

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

spit on my clit posted:

for the love of poo poo can you turn off the DAAAAAAH and skip cutscenes

you can skip cutscenes (at least the second time through, i didn't try the first time around when i died to a boss), the game is pretty settings light

e: you can't skip cutscenes first time through, go get a beer

Golashes fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 26, 2017

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
one minor but really loving annoying point, unless im missing something the game doesnt give you any good indication if you're in range of some traps or about to get flanked if you go to a certain position, which sucks after you do it and get owned

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'll try the same question a different way, what time have third party releases been showing up on the ESHOP?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

JackDarko posted:

I'll try the same question a different way, what time have third party releases been showing up on the ESHOP?
It varies wildly no one can tell you for sure.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Bill Barber posted:

It varies wildly no one can tell you for sure.

Thanks Bill, you usually troll the poo poo out of me so I appreciate the straight answer.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Golashes posted:

one minor but really loving annoying point, unless im missing something the game doesnt give you any good indication if you're in range of some traps or about to get flanked if you go to a certain position, which sucks after you do it and get owned

What can you check with the tacticam? I assume it's some useful stuff, but not as much as you would want.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

JackDarko posted:

If it's a big name game there's a strong chance it will be released somewhere within 3 hours of midnight depending on the timezone. If it's an indie game then I'd probably just bet on around 2pm.

YagerX
Oct 30, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

I think there are a few procedural generated games on the Switch. Aside from GoNNER and Tumbleseed, there's also Slime-san and Has Been Heroes. I'm not sure but are either Mr. Shifty or Phantom Trigger proc gen?

Thanks guys, I ended up getting GoNNER but I'll probably get tumbleseed soon too.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Takoluka posted:

Real talk, grab FFT:WotL on iOS/Android. It's the best version.

Don't get it on iOS unless you plan on finishing it pretty soon, or aren't planning on updating to iOS 11. It won't work on iOS 11 since it's 32-bit, and Square is terrible about updates.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The best version of tactics is the PSP version with the anti-slowdown patch, either on an actual PSP or an emulator. The touch controls are much worse than the normal button controls.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 26, 2017

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Jigsaw posted:

Don't get it on iOS unless you plan on finishing it pretty soon, or aren't planning on updating to iOS 11. It won't work on iOS 11 since it's 32-bit, and Square is terrible about updates.

They've already announced that an update is coming in September that will add 64 bit support.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Jigsaw posted:

Got some great news on that front: SE announced earlier this month they're releasing an update sometime in September that will change FFT to 64-bit.

Edit: damnit ihatepants

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
I have to share this piece of information trending in my country's Switch Facebook group.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you have to make sure they have their own switches in those ads

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
The ads made it seem your were playing with people you knew. I figured that was common knowledge.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shards of Fate posted:

I have to share this piece of information trending in my country's Switch Facebook group.

I feel bad for this guy TBH :(

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

whatever, man

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The ads made it seem your were playing with people you knew. I figured that was common knowledge.

Yeah, at no point in the advert does the guy in the bus give the Switch to the woman sitting next to her. He knew the risks.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Yeah, at no point in the advert does the guy in the bus give the Switch to the woman sitting next to her. He knew the risks.

i think you mean a joycon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The dude in the Pokken ad gives his joycon to thai street urchins, if you can trust them you can trust a train girl

• Locked thread