Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Looks like there's a knot in the dogwood.

:crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Jesus I think even I'd be intimidated by that cat.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://www.reddit.com/r/tuckedinkitties/

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :3:

Edit: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
All these excellent black cats have prompted me to post a note about Vincent the cat-baby.

Last year, long before Vincent, I got for my birthday a Hello Kitty cat toy fishing rod.

It looked like this new

Old Mr Kitty was deaf and mostly blind at that time, and his one functioning braincell, in fact, the only one we believe he ever had, was pretty much reduced to sniffing out chicken, the garden, and the best place to take naps. He wasn't much interested in playing with toys anymore, so he had no interest in the HK fishing rod.

Mr Kitty, Deep Dreaming in the garden

Gus next door is keen on playing all sorts of games, but is terrified of bells and noisy toys (he was a rescue, and his first five years weren't very nice. He's way happier now with our neighbours, and visiting us). Here's Gus in the recycling bin:

Vincent, however, loving loves any toy. The noiser, the better. You want Vincent out of your hair for an hour, put on a load of washing, as he'll press his face up against the door of the washing machine to watch it go around. He plays with cat toys; he plays with cobnutshells. He gets denuded sweetcorn cobs and whacks them around when he's not chewing on them. We wanted to see if bananas and cucumbers freaked him out; nope, more toys. Open up a fizzy lemonade, pour it into a wide bowl, and he sits and bats at the fizz. He adores Gus, who isn't sure what the gently caress is going on. Vincent loves anything that he can play with, in fact. We woke up the other morning to discover he'd torn down the lace curtains at the window downstairs and dragged them around the room. Mr Boods, in fact, discovered this, but only after he'd sleepily walked past the now completely clear windows whilst bollock-naked. Twice.

The HK fishing rod lasted about 5 minutes in Vincent's mitts -- elastic bitten through, bell yanked off the string. Vincent loving loves this stuffed heart. He's got 275,000 toys that he plays with, bats around, chases. But he carries this heart around like a kitten, and he carefully nuzzles it into several hidey holes and beds he's got around the house. In the mornings, he brings it to me whereever I'm working. If you throw it for him, he fetches it back. He loves his baby.

Here he is watching Holby City

Speaking of sitting on things, he knows where every hotkey on my crappy keyboard is. He's put the computer to sleep, shut down functions, opened up hundreds of windows with his arsehole alone, and sent an email to my dean.

To be fair, he's very helpful around the house. Anything you're up to, he's right there. Supervises the hoovering, swipes at the floor when I scrub up the kitchen, sits in the sink when I'm cleaning my teeth.

Horsey McHorseface
Jun 5, 2017

Ms Boods posted:

All these excellent black cats have prompted me to post a note about Vincent the cat-baby.

Last year, long before Vincent, I got for my birthday a Hello Kitty cat toy fishing rod.

It looked like this new

Old Mr Kitty was deaf and mostly blind at that time, and his one functioning braincell, in fact, the only one we believe he ever had, was pretty much reduced to sniffing out chicken, the garden, and the best place to take naps. He wasn't much interested in playing with toys anymore, so he had no interest in the HK fishing rod.

Mr Kitty, Deep Dreaming in the garden

Gus next door is keen on playing all sorts of games, but is terrified of bells and noisy toys (he was a rescue, and his first five years weren't very nice. He's way happier now with our neighbours, and visiting us). Here's Gus in the recycling bin:

Vincent, however, loving loves any toy. The noiser, the better. You want Vincent out of your hair for an hour, put on a load of washing, as he'll press his face up against the door of the washing machine to watch it go around. He plays with cat toys; he plays with cobnutshells. He gets denuded sweetcorn cobs and whacks them around when he's not chewing on them. We wanted to see if bananas and cucumbers freaked him out; nope, more toys. Open up a fizzy lemonade, pour it into a wide bowl, and he sits and bats at the fizz. He adores Gus, who isn't sure what the gently caress is going on. Vincent loves anything that he can play with, in fact. We woke up the other morning to discover he'd torn down the lace curtains at the window downstairs and dragged them around the room. Mr Boods, in fact, discovered this, but only after he'd sleepily walked past the now completely clear windows whilst bollock-naked. Twice.

The HK fishing rod lasted about 5 minutes in Vincent's mitts -- elastic bitten through, bell yanked off the string. Vincent loving loves this stuffed heart. He's got 275,000 toys that he plays with, bats around, chases. But he carries this heart around like a kitten, and he carefully nuzzles it into several hidey holes and beds he's got around the house. In the mornings, he brings it to me whereever I'm working. If you throw it for him, he fetches it back. He loves his baby.

Here he is watching Holby City

Speaking of sitting on things, he knows where every hotkey on my crappy keyboard is. He's put the computer to sleep, shut down functions, opened up hundreds of windows with his arsehole alone, and sent an email to my dean.

To be fair, he's very helpful around the house. Anything you're up to, he's right there. Supervises the hoovering, swipes at the floor when I scrub up the kitchen, sits in the sink when I'm cleaning my teeth.

Axeman Jim posted:

Speaking of black, I have just moved in with my girlfriend, and her four excellent cattes, all of which are black.

Boy

Boy is an elderly but friendly old man who will also be your friend whether you like it or not. Boy likes to lick things. He will lick himself, other cats, you, anyone else he can reach and has been spotted licking the furniture when he thought no-one was watching. It has been discovered that if you scratch him just above his tail while he is licking he will lick faster. Boy's nickname is "puppy" because he wags his tail constantly, even in his sleep. If you think that's a bit strange, you are correct. It is strange.

Dislikes: Lack of licking options, dieting.

Duck

Hello, I'm Duck. Love me. Now. No, no, no, stop whatever you're doing and love me immediately. Delay is not acceptable, for I am Duck, Empress of all things and needer of love RIGHT NOW. Also food. Feed me. No, not the cat food, I want whatever you're having. Yes I know I don't like aubergines, but I want them on principle because they're on your plate and not on the floor in front of me, which is where all food belongs. Also while you were reading that paragraph you were not paying enough attention to me. Unacceptable.

Dislikes: pretty much everything else

Pookah

Pookah is all business, all the time, as you can see in the picture. But she is in fact earning a well-deserved rest from the many tasks she performs for the house. For instance, we seem to be absolutely useless at catching small rodents, as are the other cats (Duck, her embarrassing sister, threw herself at a butterfly once but missed), so she has to murder enough wildlife for six people, which is exhausting as you can see. Also, I insist on using electrical equipment which has been neither sniffed nor rubbed up against, so Pookah also performs these vital tasks, and asks nothing in return other than immediate attention at no notice any time she feels like it, and being dried with a tea towel whenever her hunts lead her into thunderstorms, which is often.

Dislikes: Useless humans who fail to sniff their own things

Beelzebub

As befits a cat named after the Crown Prince of Hell and the Guardian of the Ninth Gate, Beelzebub is shy, tiny, friendly and loves cuddles. She is more usually nicknamed "Bib", partly because she has a small patch of white fur on her chest, but mostly because repeatedly yelling "Beelzebub!" out of your kitchen door in the middle of the night is likely to get you put on some sort of list (or maybe just a credit on the next Ghost album). As can be seen here, she likes to sit on top of computer towers. She particularly likes to press the power button when you're in the middle of something, which happened about 2 minutes after this picture was taken.

Dislikes: Strangers, being moved when she's comfy

EDIT: I had to move Duck off the keyboard 3 times to post this.

I am very jealous of all your wonderful cattes who snuggle up to you and never leave you alone. I have one cat who acknowledges me when I come home from work, but the rest of the time just wants to be left alone. Unless it's food time. She's always down for food time.
Give all of them all the nuzzles and cuddles for me.

Also, Beelzebub is an A+ name for a cat. I was thinking of naming mine Baphomet for a while.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/CNyIDLN.gifv

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, eat that foot.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/ThomasNoppers/status/901453450260643840

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I do :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Horsey McHorseface posted:

I am very jealous of all your wonderful cattes who snuggle up to you and never leave you alone. I have one cat who acknowledges me when I come home from work, but the rest of the time just wants to be left alone. Unless it's food time. She's always down for food time.
Give all of them all the nuzzles and cuddles for me.

Also, Beelzebub is an A+ name for a cat. I was thinking of naming mine Baphomet for a while.

I am an old fat man and need to do my pushups and crunches every morning to keep myself from turning into a beach ball. Talbot frequently decides that that is the perfect time for an us moment...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/ThomasNoppers/status/901503501418852356

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I'm reasonably sure paradise is basically "being as comfortable as a cat on a waterbed in the sun," per these pictures of Kiska this morning:

(I love when cats do that "I see you and roll around and purr" thing :3:)

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Leo is not a black cat, he just looks like it most of the time. This is not one of those times.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/S_Coochan/status/871345912152416256

https://twitter.com/awwcuteness/status/900347956162854912

Garrand has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Aug 26, 2017

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Here's my cat Thor, crammed between my wife and I on the couch and snoring like a chainsaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kef9c97RfrI

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!
Black cats, best cats. This is my ol' lady's little darkness, Raspberry. We usually call her Raspy or Thickness

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
In fine Snox Boops tradition, here are some wonderful names currently found at the Toronto Humane Society (plus bonus black cat!)

Secret Agent Purrkins (13 years old, he's been in the spy game for some time...)

Stompa Pompa

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

KatWithHands posted:

In fine Snox Boops tradition, here are some wonderful names currently found at the Toronto Humane Society (plus bonus black cat!)

Secret Agent Purrkins (13 years old, he's been in the spy game for some time...)

Stompa Pompa

Secret Agent Purrkins is clearly trying to go undercover. Specifically under the blanket covers on your bed, where it's most comfortable.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
https://i.imgur.com/DGvLdv6.gifv

One must imagine Sisyphus happy...

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/urbanfriendden/status/901589688179466244

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Maybe a bit late, but I got some black cats. Well, one black, one chocolate, and one tortie. (Sorry if the music isn't your thing, I made the video for the place I adopted them all from.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPOSACw30c

And I dunno if this is cute or uplifting for anyone but me, but it does have a soggy dog playing fetch in the lake. For one week every year I get to hang out with my cousins and their kids and it is the most awesome place in the world. This year I had a drone(*).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epd5f5fVc8E

(*) Not a good drone. Sorry if it made you motion-sick.

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!

KatWithHands posted:

]

Oh my, 00 Purrkins is such a dignified old man. If I was in Toronto, I would give him a home. Poor feller deserves a nice warm bed after all his years of service :canada:

Also Stompa, I'll always have a soft spot for torties

A MEGA EXPLODING has a new favorite as of 07:07 on Aug 27, 2017

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Henry (the giant Norwegian Forest cat, ten) and Sophie (the normal cat, two) do their daily ritual of lying in a sunbeam butt to butt for hours at a time, moving slightly to the side whenever the sunbeam does.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
ok, black cat time, have some black blobs

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Man, all these black cats are making me miss my little black furball; He passed on nearly a decade ago and all my pictures of him are locked away in some meatspace album somewhere. :smith:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

:catdrugs:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Leg too long

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
http://i.imgur.com/P3Ywwqv.gifv

hairdryer

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/9UokcIk.gifv

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ieFd-o4Js

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/zboah/status/901843233449369600

Pup Pastry

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Are you sure that's not just a large shrimp?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

No, that's clearly a monkey.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

No, that's clearly a monkey.

Ape :colbert:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I suck at taking pictures and our couch is covered in cat hair, but this is Mindy's default mode:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I think your cat is Bast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Weirdest and smallest kissing booth I've ever seen