Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

I seriously don't believe that Kash would make a mechanic that is useless if you don't get any votes at all. That's incredibly unreasonable, especially in a game this size.

##vote Flamander

At this point, I'm not even sure if I believe your flavor.

hey, this is a post that uses a completely false narrative as justification for a vote on a candidate gaining steam

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i thought fisk wasn't in this game

or is it just little mac and the metal gear dude

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, I have a role, so

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
SEGA Channel - Day 1

Flamander (7): King Burgundy, Bifauxnen, chaoslord, chaoslord, Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen, Xad, vector_to, tithin, PMush Perfect, CapitalistPig
PMush Perfect (4): Lid, drowned in pussy juice, this is a stickup, Bifauxnen, Quidthulhu, Flamander, Jonathan Fisk, Bifauxnen, Lid, Quidthulhu
CapitalistPig (2): Lid, PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect, Anidav
Tired Moritz (2): gif Probst, Bifauxnen, CapitalistPig, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, CapitalistPig
Bifauxnen (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup
chaoslord (0): PMush Perfect, Lid, Lid, PMush Perfect
this is a stickup (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect, chaoslord, chaoslord
Xad (0): tithin, tithin
Infinitum (0): Anidav, Flamander, Flamander, Anidav
Mayor Glowku (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
tithin (0): Xad, Xad
Jonathan Fisk (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect

Not Voting (10): b-minus1, chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, Mayor Glowku, MysticalMachineGun, Retro Futurist, Tired Moritz, Yorkshire Tea

Now Playing: 25, 13 to remove a game from the service. Lineup Change: August 27th, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in 7 hours, 25 minutes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

alien soldier was a megadrive game, not a GENESIS one. ##vote flamander

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the mega drive is the japanese name of the genesis

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

isn't the genesis the same thing as the mega drive

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

duh. its still not G E N E S I S.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

well good, now you can unvote

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
UHHH

it's the same thing, yo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

culturally is not. it does not have the ATTITUDE genesis does. the euro md2 has tacky red buttons on it. it is a fraud.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

drop the vote

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ill drop u bitch

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
stop flirting, you two :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

at this rate you'll drop Mr. Tastee and say it was my alias

if ur gonna predicate a vote on a joke/mistake you better drop it when it's clear ur wrong

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

My power is about as silly as Flam's, so idk. I don't like how we came to learn it, but I can believe the power, I guess. Reads as just bad play rather than scum play

##unvote

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just know i am openly genescist.

##unvote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Tired Moritz posted:

like idk how I had not been having opinions since a lot of my posts have been gently caress KILL LURKERS THEY RUIN GAMES

This is not an opinion on people in this game, it is a stance on what you believe to be optimal mafia play. Why are you trying to present a game theory opinion as a read in this game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

see i just figure out who is loving lieying and atrangle tehm

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

like idk how I had not been having opinions since a lot of my posts have been gently caress KILL LURKERS THEY RUIN GAMES

with the anti-lurker mechanic in this game i don't see a reason to hit them with a d1 lynch tbh

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

gif Probst posted:

alien soldier was a megadrive game, not a GENESIS one. ##vote flamander

this is also wrong since it was available via sega channel in the US

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
i prefer ##vote 🍄 to flam right now, the flavor at least jibes with the claim, kash's roles for these choose your own cartridge games have been pretty wild historically, and i've explained why i don't like pmush's posting earlier

Quidthulhu posted:

This is not an opinion on people in this game, it is a stance on what you believe to be optimal mafia play. Why are you trying to present a game theory opinion as a read in this game

this is a good point, i was prepared to argue over lurker executes for a while but i think quid may be on to something here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Are people still voting flamander? I think you can do better people

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah I'm not seeing anything that's making me want to move off Flam? It doesn't matter what his role is, we're in a role madness CYOR, everyone can make up something ridiculous and everyone'll go "yeah that sounds plausible." Anyone using this as a reason to unvote is kinda missing the point or maybe willfully misrepresenting as an easy way to fake content!

He freaked out with no pressure on a role he should have known was probably going to be not fully actionable D1 since votes are flying all over the place. Then he subsequently said "I knew this was a big game so ____________" to defend an action. Those two pieces of understanding do not jive together, which is, like, textbook scum backtracking after a bad move.

What is the reason Flamander isn't scum based on his ACTIONS, not his claim? The claim is irrelevant.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

You could also do better by actually voting for anybody at all

##vote Hal

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah I'm not seeing anything that's making me want to move off Flam? It doesn't matter what his role is, we're in a role madness CYOR, everyone can make up something ridiculous and everyone'll go "yeah that sounds plausible." Anyone using this as a reason to unvote is kinda missing the point or maybe willfully misrepresenting as an easy way to fake content!

Quid I love this post, don't worry I'll move back to Flam soon probably, I just want Hal to think about what he's (not) done

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I can get behind flam if that's where we're headed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

You could also do better by actually voting for anybody at all

##vote Hal

I was prepared for this response

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

He freaked out with no pressure on a role he should have known was probably going to be not fully actionable D1 since votes are flying all over the place. Then he subsequently said "I knew this was a big game so ____________" to defend an action. Those two pieces of understanding do not jive together, which is, like, textbook scum backtracking after a bad move.

What is the reason Flamander isn't scum based on his ACTIONS, not his claim? The claim is irrelevant.

But why would he have freaked out in the first place?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
##vote flam

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

But why would he have freaked out in the first place?

Scum flailing? Maybe his actual power involves being hated or something so he's more worried about votes then usual? Who knows. Doesn't really make sense. Similarly, I still think his read on PMush's post for his vote wasn't a real thing, even if I'm the only one that sees that.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
idk I remember being new and being very sensitive when people vote me in day 1

hell, I still do that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal, who are your scum reads currently?

Here are your responses to the two main contenders:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why is my good friend PMush collecting all these votes

Hal Incandenza posted:

But I don't see you telling us who you think we should be voting.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, on the lurker conversations, I'm obviously always down for a lurker/content lurker cuddle. But the game rules allow us to ignore the people below 10 posts(I assume this is since game started, and not counting pregame posts). Like, theoretically these people can still get above the line, but these are the ones I can see that have posted less than 10 times since game started:

Yorkshire Tea 12
b-minus1 10
Xad 10
Infinitum 2

So no reason to pursue them as lurkers unless they get above that line. And yeah, sure, the person who gets the gun to kill these folks could choose not to shoot them, but then that gives us more information so it still works out. Or if these folks end up making just enough posts to stay above the line before deadline, then that deserves its own level of scrutiny.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, on the lurker conversations, I'm obviously always down for a lurker/content lurker cuddle. But the game rules allow us to ignore the people below 10 posts(I assume this is since game started, and not counting pregame posts). Like, theoretically these people can still get above the line, but these are the ones I can see that have posted less than 10 times since game started:

Yorkshire Tea 12
b-minus1 10
Xad 10
Infinitum 2

So no reason to pursue them as lurkers unless they get above that line. And yeah, sure, the person who gets the gun to kill these folks could choose not to shoot them, but then that gives us more information so it still works out. Or if these folks end up making just enough posts to stay above the line before deadline, then that deserves its own level of scrutiny.

I have low posts too, fight me! Also day 1 etc

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mayor Glowku posted:

I have low posts too, fight me! Also day 1 etc

I mean, It looks like 12 of them were pregame, and there is no accounting for quality, but on sheer numbers you seem to be doing fine:

PMush Perfect 75
Bifauxnen 73
Mayor Glowku 68

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, It looks like 12 of them were pregame, and there is no accounting for quality, but on sheer numbers you seem to be doing fine:

PMush Perfect 75
Bifauxnen 73
Mayor Glowku 68

There's never quality in my posts

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

idk I remember being new and being very sensitive when people vote me in day 1

hell, I still do that.

TM I am going to vote you if you don't stop talking about everything in this game that isn't directly related to this game. You are not playing!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Scum flailing? Maybe his actual power involves being hated or something so he's more worried about votes then usual? Who knows. Doesn't really make sense. Similarly, I still think his read on PMush's post for his vote wasn't a real thing, even if I'm the only one that sees that.

Yeah, and that's the thing, WHY he freaked out is all WIFOM and that's an impossible question to answer. I don't even know why Hal is asking that, he should know better.

What IS clear is he used one argument to support his freakout, and then contradicted it when it was convenient. That reads as scum backtracking. I've said this a bunch of times I don't know why I am repeating myself.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Hal, who are your scum reads currently?

Here are your responses to the two main contenders:

But I don't see you telling us who you think we should be voting.

Yeah I know I am a loser, I don't really have any great scum reads. I genuinely don't feel like Flam was scum suddenly flailing but I will look at what you said about the P-Mush case.

Give me a little bit to get into things and I will have some reads I am sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, and that's the thing, WHY he freaked out is all WIFOM and that's an impossible question to answer. I don't even know why Hal is asking that, he should know better.

What IS clear is he used one argument to support his freakout, and then contradicted it when it was convenient. That reads as scum backtracking. I've said this a bunch of times I don't know why I am repeating myself.

Settle down. I will reconsider in light of this statement

• Locked thread