Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

she has a youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjTbc0psRx8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

don't worry I'm keeping all my skillpoints unspent until I need them, its a pro life strategy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

homeless snail posted:

don't worry I'm keeping all my skillpoints unspent until I need them, its a pro life strategy

jokes on you, irl you only get skill exp by using them

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean I beat like 300 games in a year so idgaf

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Cowcaster posted:

i just decided right now that 31 is too old to play videogames goodbye forever

Oh no, I need to make the most of these two and a half years I have left.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'll be the first to sign up for a robot body so I can play the hundreds of bundle garbage I keep buying.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'll also settle for vampirism or becoming a lich

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just beat jak and daxter
Is there supposed to be really finnicky double jumps where sometimes you just dont get a second jump for no reason or is it just the ps4 version?

Made the game really frustrating but its still fun.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Real hurthling! posted:

Is there supposed to be really finnicky double jumps where sometimes you just dont get a second jump for no reason or is it just the ps4 version?

don't remember anything like that when i played it on ps2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Colonel posted:

don't remember anything like that when i played it on ps2

Weird. Not a controller issue i tried it on several. Its like theres a certain point in the jump arc where it just wont read a double jump input for me occasionally.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
By the way, you guys should play Pit People when it comes out. It's by the same studio that made Castle Crashers, Battleblock Theater etc. and it is pretty funny.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291860/Pit_People/

Obviously wait for it to exist Early Access if you're so inclined to not play Early Access games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

i just decided right now that 31 is too old to play videogames goodbye forever

Is this a Logan's Run situation?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I post from beyond the grave.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fireflies taking one hell of a dump

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Real hurthling! posted:

Fireflies taking one hell of a dump

You would not believe your eyes

if ten million fireflies

poo poo up the world as I fell asleep

edit: that is a cute visual effect though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CJacobs posted:

You would not believe your eyes

if ten million fireflies

poo poo up the world as I fell asleep

edit: that is a cute visual effect though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtiV8Y1bX5w

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo, Hand of Fate is $5 right now on Steam. Time to finally play that cool looking game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

The double jump kinda works like Return of Shinobi where you have to have to press it again at the top of your jump arc or it doesn't work, you can't 'store' the second jump for extra distance or whatever so sometimes it feels like it's eating the input

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

holy jesus what lunatic designed the White Palace in Hollow Knight

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Really Pants posted:

I don't have a pc that can play games so I can't wait for the switch version of this

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

wuggles posted:

I don't have a pc that can play games so I can't wait for the switch version of this

It's a great game, but my theory about all the horrible poo poo that happened to Hallownest is that it was actually punishment for the way the King built his awful, awful house.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really liked the white palace

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Really Pants posted:

It's a great game, but my theory about all the horrible poo poo that happened to Hallownest is that it was actually punishment for the way the King built his awful, awful house.

Just equip hiveblood so you never die and it becomes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less frustrating. It's one of my favorite areas personally and I can't wait to do it on a good framerate once the switch version hits because my laptop could just barely handle that game..

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm torn on Absolver because I like martial arts and I like action RPGs with emergent stories but I don't know how satisfying the single-player is going to be, or if it's going to be a glorified arena for PVP. I feel like there's a lot of things that would kill Absolver dead and those include being able to cheese moves to win any fight and not having much for a single player to do.

On that note, I watched some PVP videos and one involved two guys favoring the two front stances and throwing the same punch-kick combo over and over and it felt like a giant waste of the system.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm torn on Absolver because I like martial arts and I like action RPGs with emergent stories but I don't know how satisfying the single-player is going to be, or if it's going to be a glorified arena for PVP. I feel like there's a lot of things that would kill Absolver dead and those include being able to cheese moves to win any fight and not having much for a single player to do.

On that note, I watched some PVP videos and one involved two guys favoring the two front stances and throwing the same punch-kick combo over and over and it felt like a giant waste of the system.

I've kind of faded on Absolver the more I've seen of it. Every punch has that same muted impact sound and all the streams I've seen of the game appear juddery and chaotic. To me it seems to lack the sense of momentum that makes For Honor so satisfying in its best moments. The single-player also seems to be nonexistent, everyone describes it as Journey except you find the occasional dude to punch.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Really Pants posted:

The true final boss is also finicky platforming so...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

Just be thankful your computer doesn't decide to freeze in the last room of the hardest part

:negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

I feel like if you want a pvp game with that combat system you could play Tekken

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Zaggitz posted:

Just equip hiveblood so you never die and it becomes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less frustrating. It's one of my favorite areas personally and I can't wait to do it on a good framerate once the switch version hits because my laptop could just barely handle that game..

Nooooooooooo

Hiveblood is poo poo. It gives you infinite tries but you have to wait forever for it to activate. Use the charm that gives you double healing and the one that gives you magic juice for getting hit. This isn't quite infinite but it gives you dozens of tries before it runs low and it's a million times less aggravating.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

The true final boss is also finicky platforming so...

As long as it's clear where you need to go, that alone should make it a million times better.

Regy Rusty posted:

Just be thankful your computer doesn't decide to freeze in the last room of the hardest part

:negative:

You got through eventually, though, right? It's over now.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Nooooooooooo

Hiveblood is poo poo. It gives you infinite tries but you have to wait forever for it to activate. Use the charm that gives you double healing and the one that gives you magic juice for getting hit. This isn't quite infinite but it gives you dozens of tries before it runs low and it's a million times less aggravating.

I was going to say, waiting for Hiveblood every single time would wind up taking even longer than dying and having to do a shade run from the other side of the world.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

You got through eventually, though, right? It's over now.

Yeah I did it. I had to fight my poor old computer every step of the way but I got the true ending in the end.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I dunno I did it with hiveblood and still finished faster than a lot of the times I've seen people post. I think taking a few seconds between attempts to think about what you need to do is helpful.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hey everybody, hope you're having a good Monday. Yeah Mondays can be lovely, but before long it'll be Tuesday, and then Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday again, so keep at it and Monday will be a thing of the past :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey everybody, hope you're having a good Monday. Yeah Mondays can be lovely, but before long it'll be Tuesday, and then Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday again, so keep at it and Monday will be a thing of the past :)

Mondays are my Friday, work-wise, so I love them!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

Mondays are my Friday, work-wise, so I love them!

Enjoy your Monday to the fullest then! :D

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

I dunno I did it with hiveblood and still finished faster than a lot of the times I've seen people post. I think taking a few seconds between attempts to think about what you need to do is helpful.

I used Hiveblood as well but I also didn't find the double heal charm until cleanup at the very end of the game so idk. It worked pretty well with the grub badge to keep me topped off.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I know it's long past being relevant at this point, but the death of the Half-Life series makes me sad. HL2 was the game that got me into games, and I still run through it once in a while today. I even got familiar with some of the editing tools. Sucks that it's gone.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Every bit of actual advertising I see for Absolver seems to just focus on the PVP aspects. Maybe that's inaccurate but don't go in expecting a rich single player experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/DrCullenPHD/status/902203338493743104

holy flipflops that's bad

• Locked thread