Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The Kins posted:

Humbo Jumbo Bumbo 9-bo

Pay $1:
The Flame in the Flood
Infested Planet
Human: Fall Flat

BTA:
Verdun
Samorost 3 (+ Soundtrack)
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (+ Drachenfels DLC and Razorfang Poison Item)
More in a week

Pay $10:
American Truck Simulator
All I know is that Samorost games are amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

The Kins posted:

Humbo Jumbo Bumbo 9-bo

Pay $1:
The Flame in the Flood
Infested Planet

BTA:
Verdun
Samorost 3 (+ Soundtrack)
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (+ Drachenfels DLC and Razorfang Poison Item)
More in a week

Pay $10:
American Truck Simulator

Bought the BTA just so I could give Samorost 3 to a friend and I'll keep Warhammer for myself in case I ever feel like trying it out.

Ask for these games:
The Flame in the Flood
Infested Planet
Verdun

Sininu fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 29, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Way to poo poo on a good game. Well I need to do a system restore now.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Crabtree posted:

ahahaha well i guess that settles it

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Crabtree posted:

lol

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Sininu posted:

Bought the BTA just so I could give Samorost 3 to a friend and I'll keep Warhammer for myself in case I ever feel like trying it out.

Ask for these games:

Could I get this? http://steamcommunity.com/id/Harmburger/

Thanks!

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Sininu posted:

Ask for these games:
Verdun

ill take this if you still have it

http://steamcommunity.com/id/saltysteve/

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Kins posted:

Pay $1:
The Flame in the Flood
That's just a roguelike survival game with very samey gameplay and no real plot, right?

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Xander77 posted:

That's just a roguelike survival game with very samey gameplay and no real plot, right?

Yeah, unfortunately. I thought it was something more, but was pretty bad once I played.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Xander77 posted:

that all is unfortunately true but the soundtrack is legitimately amazing and it deserved a better game

i don't think the game's TERRIBLE or anything, I enjoyed the two hours or so i played of it, but not enough to pick it up again

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
That's one way to make me much less excited for Sonic. Sorta wish those smaller games would disclose it on the Store Page more consistently. That's all I ask. I'll wait it out to see if it gets removed.
-
That Humble Bundle is really good. Infested Planet is one of my favorite games with its squad based gameplay and light base building/tower defense elements. And yeah, the Flame in the Flood's soundtrack is top notch. I go back to it occasionally for his rugged voice.

How's American Truck Simulator?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mcbexx posted:

I found that Shadow Warrior 2013 gets more enjoyable later on as you upgrade your arsenal and powers a bit more. It's admittedly kind of a rough start. At some point the fun kicks in.

then at some point 1/2 through (probably once hoji goes missing tbf) it sucks all fun out because levels are stupidly long, repetitive, and you've had nothing new for like the past 3 hours.

Definitely would have benefited being a 6 hr game instead of 12+ hrs

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
As soon as i made it to hell, that's when Shadow Warrior turned me off. I had some colossus boss i couldn't figure out what to do, so i just uninstalled it.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Fargin Icehole posted:

As soon as i made it to hell, that's when Shadow Warrior turned me off. I had some colossus boss i couldn't figure out what to do, so i just uninstalled it.
I'd hate to see how you fared with Mario 64.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Jamfrost posted:

How's American Truck Simulator?

I'm not sure I'd ever describe ETS2/ATS as a "fun" game, but its a very chill and relaxing experience. Just putting on some good music (or finding a good radio station) or podcast and relaxing as you haul a load of ice cream or tractors or whatever.

Very pretty at times too, plus you can see some weird things.

https://fat.gfycat.com/ShockingSingleAmurstarfish.mp4

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Those are some creepy ducks.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I know, right?! :sad:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't believe they delayed Sonic mania for two weeks to put in denuvo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Grapplejack posted:

I can't believe they delayed Sonic mania for two weeks to put in denuvo

Nice of them to add a whole new character for the Steam version.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Nice of them to add a whole new character for the Steam version.

Denuvo the raccoon isn't even good, he keeps knocking over my trashcans and verifying my files.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Jamfrost posted:

That's one way to make me much less excited for Sonic. Sorta wish those smaller games would disclose it on the Store Page more consistently. That's all I ask. I'll wait it out to see if it gets removed.

It IS mentioned on the store page though.

Whiirrr
Feb 14, 2006

Soiled Meat
Never mind.

Whiirrr fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 30, 2017

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Jesus christ

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i was sure that sonic obsession would win out against drm obsession. being available on other platforms must have poisoned the results

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
What's supposed to be the problem with Denuvo again? I feel like every time the grouching rears back up the only answers are based on hearsay and rumors from years-old Reddit posts.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Sonic Mania vs DRM Hysteria. Who will win???

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Totally organically happened.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
Wow, that's an amazing bundle. Lot's of great games in there.

The one I have to say is worthwhile, especially for the price, is Human Fall Flat.

I haven't played many games in the last few years that have made me just sit and play it till it was done. It took me around 4 hours, and what an awesome 4 hours it was. I loved every second, it just kept getting better and better as it went on. Almost every puzzle in the game seemed to have multiple ways around it, and yet all felt like the right one no matter what you do.

Get the bundle for all the great games in there, but I'd suggest playing that one first. It was amazing.

The music is great too.

Oh and if you haven't already watched youtubers/twitch streamers playing it, don't. Best to experience it all blind.

The Co-op is awesome too.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

John Murdoch posted:

What's supposed to be the problem with Denuvo again? I feel like every time the grouching rears back up the only answers are based on hearsay and rumors from years-old Reddit posts.

Did someone say Denuvo? DENUVO!! :supaburn:

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

DRM blows and has no positive benefit to the consumer. It's not unreasonable to think it is bad.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

Denuvo makes mods impossible :<

e: Also piracy is good because poor people should play games.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

DaveKap posted:

I'd hate to see how you fared with Mario 64.

I barely ever played Mario 64. I played Cruisin' USA motherfucker.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sivek posted:

DRM blows and has no positive benefit to the consumer. It's not unreasonable to think it is bad.

It also has been proven to have none of the hardware downsides that people repeatedly freak out about. Denuvo panic is basically the new age version of CivFanatics freaking out about Civ being Steam exclusive.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
A $20 game sure is a novel place to try the Robin Hood defense.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sivek posted:

DRM blows and has no positive benefit to the consumer.

And? The world is filled with things that have no positive impact to a person, it doesn't make them bad.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

It also has been proven to have none of the hardware downsides that people repeatedly freak out about. Denuvo panic is basically the new age version of CivFanatics freaking out about Civ being Steam exclusive.

Pretty much this.

It also doesn't block all modding like some folks claim. It only usually protects the main EXE and if that stops modding the engine's mod hostile in the first place.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

John Murdoch posted:

Absolutely nothing.
I bought and played a lot of games with it as they went on sale, and I wouldn't know they had any drm at all.
DA:I, Batman AK, Mad Max, MGS V, TW:Warhammer, Sherlock Holmes DD, ME Catalyst, Abzu, DX:MD, Prey. Soon Dishonored 2, watch_dogs 2 and RotTR.

Ok Sherlock Holmes DD runs like crap, but that's because the devs are really bad at 3D.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
It's on Steam already, why does it need additional DRM?

Orv
May 4, 2011

throw to first drat IT posted:

It's on Steam already, why does it need additional DRM?

It doesn't, but it also causes absolutely no issues for a legitimate user, so it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Orv posted:

It doesn't, but it also causes absolutely no issues for a legitimate user, so it doesn't matter.

So why add it on there?