Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

smh at people forgetting that bowser is in fact a great, attentive single father

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LGBp6O0oOc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Without more context I'm afraid I don't get this.

Dr. Fetus posted:

No way. It's an amusing game, but it's level of humor is nowhere near Paper Mario's. And it's sense of humor is different from it.

The real reason to get it is because it's a great strategy game. If that doesn't sound appealing, then I don't suggest making the purchase.

It sounds mildly appealing, but not $60 appealing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

If the game is $60 you are doing it wrong. GCU has been available for years and pays for itself in 3 new games.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:itwaspoo:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wait for a sale. The combat is real good.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

It's a charming strategy game with 80+ hours of content. If you're not into strategy games then please stop acting like it's a game that you might be interested in.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

For some reason it is apparently big news that Bowser is the type of parent who calls their child to make sure they've done their homework and chores.

:Like people believe Bowser wouldn't try to raise his own flesh and blood right or something.

Personally I think it's weird that he went on vacation without his son

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Is there a benefit of the Best Buy Game Club thing if you only buy digital?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
No, only get GCU if you're planning to buy physical

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is real good y'all.

Had someone in the thread literally say "This game is perfect for me the Switch"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Waltzing Along posted:

If the game is $60 you are doing it wrong. GCU has been available for years and pays for itself in 3 new games.

Yeah, just spend money at a loving best buy in 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nindies showcase at 1pm EST

Stardew when..........1pm

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah, just spend money at a loving best buy in 2017

I don't get your point? Best Buy is the best place to buy video games.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's literally a giant sign above every store telling you they have the "Best Buy". This is not debatable.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

RCarr posted:

There's literally a giant sign above every store telling you they have the "Best Buy". This is not debatable.

That and for $30 you get 20% off all video games and amiibo and lego dimensions and other things.

So you spend $150 in 2 years and after that it's all gravy. Plus you get rewards certificates for every $100 spent. I think it's $5 for every 100 points/dollars. I think is it 100. MIght be a bit more but whatever. And every time you make a purchase you get the option of doing a mini review that gives you points. It all adds up really quickly. No other video game retailer comes close to this.

If you buy 1 game every 6 months then it pays for itself. And saying Amazon Prime is good is BS. Prime costs more and is not as inclusive.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

And saying Amazon Prime is good is BS. Prime costs more and is not as inclusive.

Oh, GCU includes the new The Tick series on BB's streaming site? No? :getout:

I'm being jokey but Prime has a lot of good benefits, there's no reason that they both can't be good things.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

That and for $30 you get 20% off all video games and amiibo and lego dimensions and other things.

So you spend $150 in 2 years and after that it's all gravy. Plus you get rewards certificates for every $100 spent. I think it's $5 for every 100 points/dollars. I think is it 100. MIght be a bit more but whatever. And every time you make a purchase you get the option of doing a mini review that gives you points. It all adds up really quickly. No other video game retailer comes close to this.

If you buy 1 game every 6 months then it pays for itself. And saying Amazon Prime is good is BS. Prime costs more and is not as inclusive.

Plus the GCU 20% off stacks with other discounts. So when they do "Buy 2 Get 1 50% off" or "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" deals like they always do around holidays, your discount is even deeper.

That 20% off is also for all new games, no matter how old they are. The only reason I buy games anywhere else is if I really want a digital copy from the eShop or PSN or if there is store-specific DLC (which needs to die in a fire :argh: ).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Manky posted:

Oh, GCU includes the new The Tick series on BB's streaming site? No? :getout:

I'm being jokey but Prime has a lot of good benefits, there's no reason that they both can't be good things.

I agree. Prime is a good deal if you are in a rush but:

You get free shipping w/ Amazon if you spend $35
Prime streaming is the worst of the 3 majors
It costs $100 a year.

I can't speak for the difference in customer service because I have had prime for years and am used to them treating me well. Still, I think prime is good. Especially when paired with a Prime Visa and being the primary. (5% rewards on all amazon purchases)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Morby posted:

Plus the GCU 20% off stacks with other discounts. So when they do "Buy 2 Get 1 50% off" or "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" deals like they always do around holidays, your discount is even deeper.

That 20% off is also for all new games, no matter how old they are. The only reason I buy games anywhere else is if I really want a digital copy from the eShop or PSN or if there is store-specific DLC (which needs to die in a fire :argh: ).

Yep, and Prime is only good for pre orders and teh first 2 weeks or month of a new release.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Waltzing Along posted:

I agree. Prime is a good deal if you are in a rush but:

You get free shipping w/ Amazon if you spend $35
Prime streaming is the worst of the 3 majors
It costs $100 a year.

I can't speak for the difference in customer service because I have had prime for years and am used to them treating me well. Still, I think prime is good. Especially when paired with a Prime Visa and being the primary. (5% rewards on all amazon purchases)

Or if you live somewhere with Prime Now. Getting things delivered to me RIGHT NOW is totally worth $100/yr.

e: That's how I got my neon Switch :smug:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Bill Barber posted:

Actually it would be boring and you're a weirdo for hating it for that fact.

ask me about my worthless white noise posting in games

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Viewtiful Jew posted:

For some reason it is apparently big news that Bowser is the type of parent who calls their child to make sure they've done their homework and chores.

:Like people believe Bowser wouldn't try to raise his own flesh and blood right or something.

But Miyamoto is their father. :confused:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Elman posted:

Four weeks? You poor soul. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and I'm only 1 dungeon in.

Oh. Well then. Guess I am just playing zelda for the rest of the year.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rexroom posted:

But Miyamoto is their father. :confused:

Miyamoto is Bowser Jr.'s mother

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

ask me about my worthless white noise posting in games

Would you please expound on your worthless white noise posting in games?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Zelder posted:

Personally I think it's weird that he went on vacation without his son

I can't really blame a single father of eight for wanting some "mii" time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

I can't really blame a single father of eight for wanting some "mii" time.

Lemmy, Iggy, Roy, Ludwig, Wendy, Larry, and Morton are not Bowser's children. They are his employees. You clod. You dingus. You fool.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Would you please expound on your worthless white noise posting in games?

certainly.

:member: ARMS?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is ARMS good?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Golden Goat posted:

Is ARMS good?
Not really, no.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Is ARMS good?

no

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Is any game actually "good"?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

irlZaphod posted:

Yes.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Yes

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

trump-wrong.gif

games are either "perfect" or "worthless trash"

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Golden Goat posted:

Is ARMS good?

I don't play it all that often but it's fun to let other people play as a sort of "Hey check out what the Switch can do" sort of thing.

So don't get it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Is ARMS good?

Yes, just not €/$60 good.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Goat posted:

Is ARMS good?

It's good, but not good enough. I realized after playing several hours of testpunches that if I bought ARMS and was playing ARMS the whole time I would be asking where's poochy? why am I not playing Splatoon?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waltzing Along posted:

It was re-announced months ago for October release. Probably right around the end of the new season.

Yeah, announced for the Xbone, PS4, and PC. Previously I thought it wasn't coming to the Switch because I believed it was using Oblivion's Onyx engine (which would be pointless to make work on the Switch when there would only be one game) but it turns out FBW uses the same engine as Mario+Rabbids... which performs well on the Switch (really well).

So really there's no reason for them not to port it to the Switch, it's not like the South Park games are filled with hi-res textures and ambient occlusion or Hairworks or any of the usual graphical poo poo that makes consoles chug.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Lemmy, Iggy, Roy, Ludwig, Wendy, Larry, and Morton are not Bowser's children. They are his employees. You clod. You dingus. You fool.

The only crime Bowser ever committed was breaking child labor laws.

Oh, and kidnapping.

And using the Koopa Clan's 'black magic' to turn everyone in the mushroom kingdom into bricks.

• Locked thread