Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Build-a-Boar posted:

Is it genuinely a huge problem that this thread's discussion temporarily changes based on what McElroy thing updated last?

Not to me it isn't.

e: Oh, for gently caress's sake, people are already discussing Roze Buddiez over there. Mods, pls kill thread.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I will continue to only look at this thread and post polygon stuff in here. I can't imagine living a life where I'd be bothered by polygon chat in here during the lulls.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
If we just make them all honorary McElroy's I think we're good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sorry for Nick chat but I just saw one of his tweets in my feed liked by Allegra, so I guess he's not complete persona non grata for polygon folks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey kids.

What's up with drugs?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Sorry for Nick chat but I just saw one of his tweets in my feed liked by Allegra, so I guess he's not complete persona non grata for polygon folks.

hmmmmm, we could also reverse engineer everyone at polygon who is still following nick, and everyone who has not unfriended him on steam, to try and make conclusions about their current relationship with him

orrrrr we could. Not do that thing.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Fans posted:

If we just make them all honorary McElroy's I think we're good.

This is even less relevant to the McElroy thread than usual but Fans who did you upset?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I have no idea, I don't even do anime chat. Please PM your theories

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'd just never seen any of them mention him at all or acknowledge he even exists since it happened, so it was surprising to see him pop up in my feed all of a sudden.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ikiruse/status/902680365130694657

Oh yeah, this is MonFact material.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

How is that how it works??????????

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I do not care where it is, I simply do not want to check in on the 20 new posts in the McElroy Bros thread and have it be about Russ, Allegra, the Polygon Show and other thongs that have no McElroys in them.

I don't know why you want to see the McElroys in thongs, but you do you I guess.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We need proof meundies makes your junk look like Beetlejuice

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Now that the Polygon talk is gone, we can get back to the real meat of this thread, Maximum Fun! Stop Podcasting Yourself is my favorite comedians talking to comedians podcast, and is a fun light listen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think anyone with Jesse Thorn's facial hair should be legally allowed to run a fashion blog.

Like, you supposedly take pride in and out a lot of personal effort into your personal appearance, and consider yourself enough of an expert to advise others on how they should appear, but you just gonna grow a wild patch of hair all over your neck? Are you hiding terrible scars?

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 30, 2017

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

What does everyone think of Elliot Kalan's voice?

Serf
May 5, 2011

I don't think Jon Hodgman is a lawfully-appointed judge.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chieves posted:

I like it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Chieves posted:

I feel like I'd get used to it eventually if I listened to the Flophouse, because it stopped bothering me during their TAZ sessions, but I don't really enjoy it in fits and starts.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope the version they release on youtube is longer because my god imagining Justin seeing the charedit tools for the first time

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Team_q posted:

Now that the Polygon talk is gone

One more post.

I made a Polygon thread in Games with an effort OP. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832472

Okay, NOW Polygon chat is over. :)

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Dungeon World Did Nothing Wrong

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't think anyone with Jesse Thorn's facial hair should be legally allowed to run a fashion blog.

Like, you supposedly take pride in and out a lot of personal effort into your personal appearance, and consider yourself enough of an expert to advise others on how they should appear, but you just gonna grow a wild patch of hair all over your neck? Are you hiding terrible scars?

Actually, hiding his weird concave jawline and Ted Cruz lookin mug is indeed the best choice

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Actually, hiding his weird concave jawline and Ted Cruz lookin mug is indeed the best choice

There has to be a better way

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There has to be a better way

Join the Jabbawockeez

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I think I was picturing Marc Maron before Googling, because wowzaz that's not what I was expecting

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

King nugget: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DkH48O5vZ7A

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm probably gonna keep talking about Polygon here I think

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

This thread would get 5 posts a week if it was MBMBaM-only. I quite like it as a comprehensive McElroy thing, especially since I have no interest in following a second thread covering polygon which I don't give a poo poo about outside Justin/Griffin. Sometimes this one gets a few pages of TAZ/PUGB poo poo that I don't read, but it aint hard to scroll past. It's not like this thread is blazing fast as-is anyways.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Little Mac posted:

I'm probably gonna keep talking about Polygon here I think

Same

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Griffin is good at golf

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
So I just watched the latest MF. It was good, albeit short...but I'm a little concerned about its direction. Almost everything good about that video is just the normal Justin and Griffin banter. I'm glad its a spinoff, but I hope the production and editing choices they made are confined to that spinoff. It seems like a more broad market approach to their videos, giving me a real mainstream youtube vibe, which is its own particular mass media audience.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The new MF can never succeed until Griffin shaves that stubble.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Griffin has said that the main series will continue as it always has on Youtube. This is most assuredly just a thing Polygon is using to establish a presence on Facebook's new video platform, and as such, is presenting itself in a way that will appeal to people on that platform.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

PUBG is McElroy content in all weeks that at least two McElroys participate. This is obvious to the meanest intellect.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Griffin has said that the main series will continue as it always has on Youtube. This is most assuredly just a thing Polygon is using to establish a presence on Facebook's new video platform, and as such, is presenting itself in a way that will appeal to people on that platform.

yeah, all the differences in production are definitely just geared towards how video is treated on that platform. that and i don't think those are being edited by griffin?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Started listening to vintage MBMBaM after watching the TV show, seeing old episodes discussed, and realizing that I jumped on with episode 2-something-something and never actually went back to the beginning like I have with almost every other podcast I've ever listened to.

Griffin's dismay at not being able to buy nunchucks because he still wants to buy nunchucks so bad was maybe my first big belly laugh? There have been plenty of other chuckles, but I was not expecting the torrential onslaught of "I AM LONELY AND HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET" questions bearing down on the show. These nerds don't have answers to your social ineptitude, you nerds. They're also nerds.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Inkspot posted:

Started listening to vintage MBMBaM after watching the TV show, seeing old episodes discussed, and realizing that I jumped on with episode 2-something-something and never actually went back to the beginning like I have with almost every other podcast I've ever listened to.

Griffin's dismay at not being able to buy nunchucks because he still wants to buy nunchucks so bad was maybe my first big belly laugh? There have been plenty of other chuckles, but I was not expecting the torrential onslaught of "I AM LONELY AND HAVE ACCESS TO THE INTERNET" questions bearing down on the show. These nerds don't have answers to your social ineptitude, you nerds. They're also nerds.

They did however introduce me to "kidding on the square" which is a life tactic that will probably end up saving my marriage one day

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

sticklefifer posted:

I don't know why you want to see the McElroys in thongs, but you do you I guess.

They're called BoySkinz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Good call on making a separate polygon thread everyone