Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

I can't help feeling that Jon Stewart would never have had Joy Reid on his show in the current climate

He had drat near everyone on his show, but I think it would have been a very different interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

docbeard posted:

He had drat near everyone on his show, but I think it would have been a very different interview.

jon tended to care less about the actual viewpoints of any one side, but cared more about any moral hypocrisy and would chase a good choke no matter where it was. he also asked good questions in interviews to kind of cut into someone's worldview and make them explain themselves (often times resulting in republicans just arguing themselves into corners).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Frijolero posted:

I'll legit have an anuerysm if I click play on this. Someone transcribe?

she almost sneezed out a good point and then lost it. she's definitely better at speaking IRL than twitter because holy lol she's horrible there.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

New America, a non-partisan think tank ran by a Hillary staffer, let go a division working on anti-trust, after allegations that they were pressured to do so because the division praised EU anti-trust action against Google and Google threatened funding.

New America just released a statement in their defense, including email correspondence

Here's the first email:

:laugh:

these are the emails they thought would HELP them? :yikes:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

docbeard posted:

She does have a germ of a good point at the beginning where it seems like she's arguing that the Democrats are trying so hard to appeal to everyone that they just come across as plastic people who stand for nothing, but then it turns into THOSE PEOPLE ARE REPUBLICANS FOREVER AND THEY DON'T ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT ECONOMICS.

matty was pretty spot on when he said their statement was a confirmation that they fired them at google's request (or veiled threat) but written to pretend like they were angrily denying it

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

New America, a non-partisan think tank ran by a Hillary staffer, let go a division working on anti-trust, after allegations that they were pressured to do so because the division praised EU anti-trust action against Google and Google threatened funding.

New America just released a statement in their defense, including email correspondence

Here's the first email:

:laugh:

oh so there goes another plank of the Better Deal, lol

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Scent of Worf posted:

Whatever's* eaten holes in Don Jr.'s brain is spreading. :tinfoil:

*other than the cocaine, syphilis, gold spraypaint fumes, etc

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Scent of Worf posted:

no it's clear they were doctored by russians

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Frijolero posted:

Identity politics is the only reason anyone knows those worthless people exist the video makes it clear.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

but but but if the democrats lose pelosi they'll lose touch with their all important donors

na na na na goodbye

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

alright who's gonna be the first bernie hating bad dem media type who applauds this and say they have supported single payer all along?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Frijolero posted:

Barry Convex posted:

I can't be bothered to watch this drivel but I'm sure someone will document the atrocities

https://twitter.com/thedailyshow/status/902973802207862784

Almost word for word:

"Democrats are very disorganized. They used to be at their most powerful back in the day when they were 'the ethnic party" the part of blacks, the party of whites, the party of latinos. However, they have since lost that. While the Democratic Party of today recognizes that they are the party of blacks and latinos they don't really understand that because there is a rift. There is one side of the party who wants to be the party of blacks and latinos and the other side who wants to be the "Pabst Blue Ribbon Party" *. And the thing is that you can't be both, because the latter are those who have moved to the Republican Party."

*Yes, she actually says this exact phrasing.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Almost word for word:

"Democrats are very disorganized. They used to be at their most powerful back in the day when they were 'the ethnic party" the part of blacks, the party of whites, the party of latinos. However, they have since lost that. While the Democratic Party of today recognizes that they are the party of blacks and latinos they don't really understand that because there is a rift. There is one side of the party who wants to be the party of blacks and latinos and the other side who wants to be the "Pabst Blue Ribbon Party" *. And the thing is that you can't be both, because the latter are those who have moved to the Republican Party."

she gets paid for this?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Almost word for word:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punk rebel ecks posted:

Almost word for word:

and just like that dems have alienated the brooklyn hipster demographic.

man, their remake of the fight song video is gonna be fuckin' empty at this point.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

alright who's gonna be the first bernie hating bad dem media type who applauds this and say they have supported single payer all along?

If they do, good.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Shear Modulus posted:

matty was pretty spot on when he said their statement was a confirmation that they fired them at google's request (or veiled threat) but written to pretend like they were angrily denying it

yeah, if the firing had nothing to do with any implied or explicit threat from Google, it would be very easy to come out and say so. instead, the closest NAF has come to such a denial is to deny that Google "lobbied" them to fire Lynn, which is suspiciously narrow wording that doesn't actually contradict anything in the NYT article.

they're almost certainly not going to release the full email chains, presumably because they'd back up Lynn's side as to what exactly his "violations of institutional norms and values" entailed

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

punk rebel ecks posted:

Almost word for word:

inner citiy millennials arent republicans

shes really dumb, isnt she

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hard at work in the twitter take mine, mining twitter takes~~

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/903049145388343297

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/903050640116633600

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/903051461306851330

his job explains the snideness, I mostly just thought it was hilarious he has a Patreon

also I lol'd at this

https://twitter.com/neatparts/status/903044279672594433

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
tv dem luminary joy reid says 60% of the pbr drinking electorate is unreachable and shouldnt be bothered with

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also big big :rolleyes: at "Pabst Blue Ribbon party"

goddamn that's such an ineffective dogwhistle it's basically a bassoon

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

Almost word for word:

there are still people who associate PBR with WWC more so than with bourgeois hipsters? you learn something new every day

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Barry Convex posted:

there are still people who associate PBR with WWC more so than with bourgeois hipsters? you learn something new every day

dude its almosit like millennials and working class people have something in common...

it might be...

something to do with economics?

nah

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i wonder why 2 different demos would drink the same low cost, good-enough tasting beer.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

anime was right posted:

i wonder why 2 different demos would drink the same low cost, good-enough tasting beer.

probably a combination of racism and misogyny

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

I can't be bothered to watch this drivel but I'm sure someone will document the atrocities

Joy Ann Reid insinuates poor whites are all irredeemable racists. Trevor proceeds to like a good trained dog go along with what she says.

Edit loving beaten!

I really wish she and the rest of MSNBC would gently caress off.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 03:17 on Aug 31, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

also big big :rolleyes: at "Pabst Blue Ribbon party"

goddamn that's such an ineffective dogwhistle it's basically a bassoon

It's more of a sad trombone.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
i feel like shes conceding there that they dont care about winning elections if it means shifting left even rhetorically

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

The "bro" demographic.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

hipsters don't even drink pbr anymore it's all about high life

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
goddamn i am getting legitimately angry about that clip

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

hard at work in the twitter take mine, mining twitter takes~~

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/903049145388343297

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/903050640116633600

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/903051461306851330

his job explains the snideness, I mostly just thought it was hilarious he has a Patreon

also I lol'd at this

https://twitter.com/neatparts/status/903044279672594433

he's a hillbot from dailykos who's raised tens of thousands of dollars from other hillbots on dailykos.

also he claims to support single-payer but his grand idea for making that happen would be to lower the medicare eligibility age by one year each year, which would get us to medicare for all by.... 2081.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joy Ann Reid couldn't be more of a "cluesless coastal elite" if she tried.

Drinking cheap beer is now a white person thing :thumbsup:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
u know what nvm

The Ol Spicy Keychain has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Aug 31, 2017

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Scent of Worf posted:

In response to Kamala coming out in support of medicare for all:

https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/903061992331763712

lol

what?

her dumb friggin profile posted:

Demint, Cruz alum

oh

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
and in this way i have bested worf

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

wasn't his comedy career started based on whitewashing apartheid South Africa?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Frijolero posted:

It only took Kamala 8 months to officially endorse Medicare for All, there's hope for the Dems yet.

I'm genuinely happy and hopeful (as much as I think she's a slimy, glad-handing fraud).

if she helps it get implemented in california i might vote for her for prez. big 'if'

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
joy said Coors Light, not PBR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

dude its almosit like millennials and working class people have something in common...

it might be...

something to do with economics?

nah

That is the funniest part, when she said PBR I was like "what everyone under 35 drinks at the bar because they're loving broke? They care the most about economics."

She is so out of touch.

• Locked thread