Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I might have noticed it if I was able to watch the episode again. But Comcast On Demand for some reason hasn't put it up to view. Or at least it wasn't there yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh poo poo! That's a nice detail I didn't pick up on.

Although, when you're traveling at lightspeed or whatever would a seatbelt even matter during a crash?

It depends on if Rick's garbage car travels by thrust propelling it through space or if it warps space around itself.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
I'm trying to find our weedwhacker, cause our weeds are whack, yo

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay I've been waiting for episodes to get to Netflix up until now but I watched the preview and "everybody gently caress off" made me laugh so much I hunted it down on youtube and I guess that's what I'm doing from now on. What a good loving episode.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Doctor Spaceman is such a brilliant character.

I love that Chris Parnell's last scene on 30 Rock is Doctor Spaceman going to work for the government to save humanity from an epidemic or something ridiculous like that.

He's my favorite part of 30 Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MbhC67R1HI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsBXmHnb4qs

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

McDragon posted:

Okay I've been waiting for episodes to get to Netflix up until now but I watched the preview and "everybody gently caress off" made me laugh so much I hunted it down on youtube and I guess that's what I'm doing from now on. What a good loving episode.

Which episode was that? For some reason, I can't associate a single episode with Rick or some other character saying that phrase because it feels like all of them have said that at some point.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

tarlibone posted:

Which episode was that? For some reason, I can't associate a single episode with Rick or some other character saying that phrase because it feels like all of them have said that at some point.

I figured he meant Beth's "gently caress you" "gently caress both of you too" during therapy

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

tarlibone posted:

When Morty goes up to Beth Jessica and her friends and is about to ask Beth Jessica out.

Whoa, Freudian slip for another character

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

vermin posted:

Whoa, Freudian slip for another character

Oedipal slip.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tarlibone posted:

Oedipal slip.
No, an Oedipal slip is like a creepy negligee.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Usually it's not a huge deal but this week I was really glad I get the uncensored version on iTunes rather than watch on broadcast.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I've seen a lot of the episodes with and without the censoring, and I have to say many times I actually find it funnier when they bleep things out. Like when Tammy goes. "I know what this human likes to eat. Bird [BLEEP]."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I've seen a lot of the episodes with and without the censoring, and I have to say many times I actually find it funnier when they bleep things out. Like when Tammy goes. "I know what this human likes to eat. Bird [BLEEP]."

lol i don't think he was talking about the swears...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait, what? Did I miss something big in this episode? :psyduck: I remember it being pretty tame and not having any obvious censorship other than the beeps.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rick Dick

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Rickle Dick!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmaoooooo I just want to see that scene where he jumps up on the space ship but he's sorta bent over and his balls/whatever are just hanging down

the pixelation did nothing. you know if Roiland ever animated anything on this show personally it was that, and it was hidden by censoring

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What that rickle pickle!!!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The uncensored version on iTunes still has pixelated dicks and I actually rode Dan Harmon an angry tweet about it.

I want my money back

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
It's not censorship if that's what Rick's dick actually looks like.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

The uncensored version on iTunes still has pixelated dicks and I actually rode Dan Harmon an angry tweet about it.

I want my money back

you paid good money for those dicks!

you should call visa and file a fraud dispute on the charge.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Eifert Posting posted:

I want my money back

The season 2 blu-ray also didn't have uncensored dicks, and the commentary they talk a bit about it. I don't recall the whole thing but basically they asked themselves internally "should we show the dicks in the uncensored version?" and the answer they ultimately reached was "nah."

They did confirm that the dicks were fully drawn and animated, though. No "an uncensored version doesn't exist, it was always just a blur" bullshit. Maybe someday the dickfull version will surface.

Not sure why I am excited at the prospect of maybe seeing an old man's dangling tackle and wrinkly ballsack at some point in the future, but that's what this show does to people, I guess.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Uncensored Venture Brothers has more than enough dysfunctional super-scientist dick for everyone.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Phylodox posted:

Uncensored Venture Brothers has more than enough dysfunctional super-scientist dick for everyone.

Haha yeah, I was gonna say, venture brothers uncensored was bizarre enough that I'll deal with not having this.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eifert Posting posted:

I want my money back

Maybe your just inside a simulation?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Haha yeah, I was gonna say, venture brothers uncensored was bizarre enough that I'll deal with not having this.
The scene with Rusty's dad coming down for breakfast naked is funnier uncensored, but the "what's a Rusty Venture" scenes are funnier censored. It's a tough call.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

FactsAreUseless posted:

The scene with Rusty's dad coming down for breakfast naked is funnier uncensored, but the "what's a Rusty Venture" scenes are funnier censored. It's a tough call.

You see you take a shcuba shnorkel...

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Funkmaster General posted:

Not sure why I am excited at the prospect of maybe seeing an old man's dangling tackle and wrinkly ballsack at some point in the future, but that's what this show does to people, I guess.

Just watch Doc and Mharti, should get you your fix.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I remember Scud, I had some friends really into that comic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DebxxDffSgA

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Eiba posted:

Right, but that's the implication, not what he literally says.

Some people seem to think he's talking about some sort of legitimately unhealthy obsession. And he's not. He just says "irrational". That doesn't mean or even imply "unhealthy," no matter what Rick clearly thinks about it.

Detox Rick is at best polite. He apologizes for putting his family in danger, as if he had committed some sort of social faux pas, and then is entirely neutral about the idea of doing anything further to stop his alternate self from destroying the world (and incidentally his family). He considers the fate of the world to be an "irrational attachment" too.

I have no idea how someone could watch that episode and think, "Yep, Rick was right about what's toxic," when the whole point for both Rick and Morty was that toxicity is subjective and their definitions reveal further hosed up things about themselves.

Yeah, this. I mean, at the risks of retreading the very tired "wah they're explaining more" sentiments, Pickle Rick even says it:

"Oh, well, she knows, I mean, we don't really buy into that kind of crap. To the extent that love is an expression of familiarity over time, my access to infinite timelines precludes the necessity of attachment. In fact--I even abandoned one of my infinite daughters in an alternate version of Earth that was taken over by mutants."

Perhaps ironically, or just coincidentally, I guess, H-Rick says that if he ever gave T-Rick the wheel, "we'd be dead in five minutes," but T-Rick has actually failed to kill them--himself, whatever, I don't know--at least twice I can think of: first by being too intoxicated to kill himself properly, and second when his grandiosity causes him to not 'be okay with' sacrificing himself for Morty, which I am taking to be the T-Rick side more than the H-Rick 'self-preservation' side, because while trying to fix Morty's broken collar he references god a lot, which T-Rick seems to exclusively do.

also, incidentally, that 'irrational attachment' causes Rick to demonstrate a better instance of parenting than Beth does or Jerry would. When Summer walks in crying after being dumped by Mr. Needful, he reacts sympathetically and then succeeds in making her feel better. By getting swole with her and beating the piss out of Mr. Needful, granted, but hey, also some bullies and nazis, so it's cool.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Funkmaster General posted:

The season 2 blu-ray also didn't have uncensored dicks, and the commentary they talk a bit about it. I don't recall the whole thing but basically they asked themselves internally "should we show the dicks in the uncensored version?" and the answer they ultimately reached was "nah."

They did confirm that the dicks were fully drawn and animated, though. No "an uncensored version doesn't exist, it was always just a blur" bullshit. Maybe someday the dickfull version will surface.

The censored dicks is funnier than if they weren't. And frankly having seen the uncensored versions of the episodes, I feel like it's also funnier having the swear bleeps

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macaluso posted:

The censored dicks is funnier than if they weren't. And frankly having seen the uncensored versions of the episodes, I feel like it's also funnier having the swear bleeps

Swear beeps are just so ridiculous and fun.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like the ancient joke of taking something clean and making it dirty by censoring innocent words. Those are kind of funny.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

BioEnchanted posted:

I like the ancient joke of taking something clean and making it dirty by censoring innocent words. Those are kind of funny.

https://youtu.be/6AXPnH0C9UA

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That was exactly what I was referring to :3:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh poo poo! That's a nice detail I didn't pick up on.

Although, when you're traveling at lightspeed or whatever would a seatbelt even matter during a crash?

A seatbelt would do more harm than good in a hyper-relativistic collision, without one on you'd probably get thrown clear of the resulting release of energy with the magnitude of a thousand exploding suns.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Presented without comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuMxL0AwLJw

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lmfao what in the gently caress did I just watch

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh sweet, looks like they're releasing the season 3 DVD extras straight to youtube this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

This series just keeps getting weirder and weirder every time. And I end up laughing harder and harder every time, too.