Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm pretty sure MVP uses the crucifix neck crank on the indies. The thing about the Twister is that an abdominal stretch is basically a twister. I'm pretty sure a couple people have used a mat twister, but I can't remember who.

A lot of MMA techniques really don't translate well to wrestling, because the audience can't see what's going on, there's not a good way to do a spot where you're fighting your way out of it, or you can't crank it without really hurting someone. I'm amazed that people actually use the crucifix; I guess the just pull on the neck instead of the head.

Taker and that Hell's Gate triangle choke thing where he has to be insanely careful not to put both his shoulders down or it looks like he should be getting pinned. Terrible visual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Corrode posted:

Taker and that Hell's Gate triangle choke thing where he has to be insanely careful not to put both his shoulders down or it looks like he should be getting pinned. Terrible visual.

I wish they would have ended at least one match on someone tanking the Hell's Gate by rolling Taker's shoulder and getting a pin.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

dont even fink about it posted:

I wish they would have ended at least one match on someone tanking the Hell's Gate by rolling Taker's shoulder and getting a pin.

Angle rolled up Undertaker's triangle choke at No Way Out 2006.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Who were Jewish.

it was actually quite a interesting makeup the italian mob and the jewish mob united 2 groups to make murder inc.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

The Raws leading up to Elimination Chamber 2014. I just watched all this and it is unbelievably good. People criticize the WWE for not being able to get people over but if you look at the two Raws that hype the confrontation between the Shield and the Wyatts? The crowd is insane and ready for it and are losing their minds just watching the two teams look at each other.

And the match itself at EC2014 was pretty good. Sometimes I despise the modern wrestling crowd because they seem hellbent on ruining things. But I can't deny that a hot crowd can make a good match into a truly great and memorable match.

I was in the EC crowd for Shield/Wyatts and I'll never forget the entire arena losing their poo poo before the match even started chanting "this is awesome" before that became a thing that's chanted at any match longer than 10 minutes.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

bradzilla posted:

I was in the EC crowd for Shield/Wyatts and I'll never forget the entire arena losing their poo poo before the match even started chanting "this is awesome" before that became a thing that's chanted at any match longer than 10 minutes.

That's pretty awesome. I haven't been to a wrestling event since I was very small and I'd reallty like to go to a big one to be part of something like that.

Were you part of "Let's Go Wyatts" or "Let's Go Shield"?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

That's pretty awesome. I haven't been to a wrestling event since I was very small and I'd reallty like to go to a big one to be part of something like that.

Were you part of "Let's Go Wyatts" or "Let's Go Shield"?

Both! I ultimately wanted the Shield to win though.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

tweet my meat posted:

What are some of the best ppv's and shows to watch if I want to see The Shield? Apparently people actually liked roman back then which sounds really interesting and I'd also like a bit of context on the current seth and dean stuff.

as the #1 shield fan in the world? in the world. here is my playlist of the best Shield stuff (absolutely can't miss stuff in bold)

TLC 2012 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Ryback (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match)
Elimination Chamber 2013 - The Shield vs. John Cena, Sheamus, and Ryback
RAW 4/22/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and the Undertaker
RAW 4/29/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and John Cena
RAW 5/20/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Kofi Kingston
RAW 5/27/13 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Daniel Bryan and Kane (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
RAW 6/3/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Randy Orton
RAW 6/10/13 - Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins
SmackDown 6/14/13 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, Kane, and Randy Orton
Money in the Bank 2013 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso
RAW 9/23/13 - Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Rob Van Dam, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Justin Gabriel, Zack Ryder, R-Truth, and Dolph Ziggler vs. The Shield
Battleground 2013 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
RAW 10/14/13 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)

Hell in a Cell 2013 - Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust vs. Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
RAW 11/11/13 - The Shield vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan
RAW 11/18/13 - The Shield, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan vs. Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Goldust, and Cody Rhodes
Survivor Series 2013 - The Shield, Antonio Cesaro, and Jack Swagger vs. Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, and Rey Mysterio (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match)
SmackDown 11/29/13 - the second half of this show (culminates with The Shield, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan vs. CM Punk, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, and Rey Mysterio)
TLC 2013 - The Shield vs. CM Punk
RAW 1/27/14 - The Shield vs. Daniel Bryan, John Cena, and Sheamus
Elimination Chamber 2014 - The Shield vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Luke Harper
RAW 3/3/14 - The Shield vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Luke Harper
SmackDown 4/25/2014 - The Shield runs roughshod on the roster, powerbomb Fandango off the stage, and has a 6-on-3 handicap match
Extreme Rules 2014 - The Shield vs. Evolution
Payback 2014 - The Shield vs. Evolution (No Holds Barred Elimination)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

That's probably the hottest a crowd has been in a sustained way for about 15 years. loving ruled.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

Both! I ultimately wanted the Shield to win though.

That was a weird feud. They made many overt hints that The Wyatts were HHH's new goon squad, and nothing came of it. And in the match, Ambrose disappears into the back brawling with Bray and is not seen taken out, and was an obvious Judas spot, and was called out for it afterwards, but then nothing happens, and Rollins betrays The Shield, for no reason.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

That was a weird feud. They made many overt hints that The Wyatts were HHH's new goon squad, and nothing came of it. And in the match, Ambrose disappears into the back brawling with Bray and is not seen taken out, and was an obvious Judas spot, and was called out for it afterwards, but then nothing happens, and Rollins betrays The Shield, for no reason.

What actually happened there behind the scenes was it WAS the plan to split them but all three men lobbied against it so the plans changed again. They didn't tell Rollins he was turning until that night because they knew they'd probably resist it again IIRC.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Wasn't there a really good re-match at a Main Event taping of all things just before they broke up the Shield?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's probably the hottest a crowd has been in a sustained way for about 15 years. loving ruled.

For WWE maybe, but really hotter than Cena/Punk and Cena/RVD? It's definitely in the argument for WWE though, those are the only two others that jump out.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

For WWE maybe, but really hotter than Cena/Punk and Cena/RVD? It's definitely in the argument for WWE though, those are the only two others that jump out.

I did mean for WWE yes. And those are definitely good ones too.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I was at the EC go home show and yeah, before the lights went out to herald the arrival of the Wyatts in the last big pull-apart brawl, it was as if someone left the crowd's power switch off. That's even taking into account the Cena / Cesaro match that got the latter his short but sweet singles push. There was also a Bryan / Christian match that was real technical but the crowd didn't know what to do with it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think the other thing that makes Shield/Wyatts so much more notable is Cena/Punk and Cena/RVD were both such flash pots. Wyatts/Shield would have worked anywhere.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Cena / Punk was a hot matchup it just happened to be set for the place where it'd be hottest

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Multiman at the Canadian Stampede PPV has to be up among the top 5 hottest WWE crowds too. Cross was super hot for the whole match

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What actually happened there behind the scenes was it WAS the plan to split them but all three men lobbied against it so the plans changed again. They didn't tell Rollins he was turning until that night because they knew they'd probably resist it again IIRC.

I definitely don't blame him for not risking his job (especially given that this was the start of a solo push for him as the golden boy) but I would have loved if Rollins had just flat-out refused. I wish wrestlers would refuse to do things that are stupid or lame, instead of only refusing things like 'lose a match' or 'do not break your opponents arm'

"THERE'S ALWAYS... A PLAN B!"
*shield stands around confused, rollins shields his eyes and peers into the crowd*

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

Cena / Punk was a hot matchup it just happened to be set for the place where it'd be hottest

Yeah, but Cena/RVD not as much.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bard Maddox posted:

SmackDown 4/25/2014 - The Shield runs roughshod on the roster, powerbomb Fandango off the stage, and has a 6-on-3 handicap match

This is one of my favorite Shield things. The setup is that Triple H forced the Shield into a 3 vs. 11 handicap match on Raw and it ended badly for them. The same match is set up as the main event of Smackdown and the Shield figures, "How do you expect to have 11 people show up when most of them won't be able to stand by the end of the show?"

Then they triple powerbombed jobber heel Ryback and I felt kind of bad about how far his star had fallen.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

This is one of my favorite Shield things. The setup is that Triple H forced the Shield into a 3 vs. 11 handicap match on Raw and it ended badly for them. The same match is set up as the main event of Smackdown and the Shield figures, "How do you expect to have 11 people show up when most of them won't be able to stand by the end of the show?"

Then they triple powerbombed jobber heel Ryback and I felt kind of bad about how far his star had fallen.

The Shield owned so loving much.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wish cactus jack had been in the shield so i would only have to like one thing ever

I love the shield with all of my small heart

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I wish cactus jack had been in the shield so i would only have to like one thing ever

I love the shield with all of my small heart

they were the best

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

OctoberCountry posted:

Wasn't there a really good re-match at a Main Event taping of all things just before they broke up the Shield?

There was a brief period right when the Network first started where they aired Main Event live, and actually put some big matches on the show, including the one you’re probably thinking of. At the time, I remember people theorizing that they were trying to stress test the Network’s infrastructure as best they could before WrestleMania.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Gavok posted:

the Shield were the coolest because they had like four 11-on-3 handicap matches over their lifespan as a stable and somehow they were always the favorites to win them. incredibly strong, effective booking!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Everyone talks about the Wyatts feud but for my money the best Shield moment was when they saved Bryan at raw after mania 30, turned face, and started the Evolution feud all at once.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

projecthalaxy posted:

Everyone talks about the Wyatts feud but for my money the best Shield moment was when they saved Bryan at raw after mania 30, turned face, and started the Evolution feud all at once.

My Shield moment is when they turned away from beating up King and attacked Kane instead. I still go back sometimes to watch that clip because it was just so loving perfect in every way.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ShootaBoy posted:

My Shield moment is when they turned away from beating up King and attacked Kane instead. I still go back sometimes to watch that clip because it was just so loving perfect in every way.

definite top 5 shield moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ7IGD0e1Bg

e: definitive top 5 shield moment ranking:

1. all of them
2. literally every one
3. i love my riot armor sons
4. pls reform the shield
5. remember 2014

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 31, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Who is the most successful former WWE Women's Wrestler? On the men's side it's pretty clearly The Rock, and now Batista has done pretty well for himself.

I know Trish had some measure of success with Yoga and some TV stuff. Stacy Keibler has some TV credits and I think worked for ABC(?) but I'm not sure how famous she is.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Stacy Kiebler is somewhat famous since she dated George Clooney.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

She dated George Clooney so she's probably the most mainstream famous

Goddamn you bigass moth

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it was Chyna and it probably still is

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Well I hope you guys don't get death threats for 'defining a woman's success based on THE MAN IN HER LIFE :rant: ' but yeah that probably would make her the most famous.

Has anyone else moved on to a lucrative and/or well-known career after leaving WWE?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dromal phrenia posted:

Who is the most successful former WWE Women's Wrestler? On the men's side it's pretty clearly The Rock, and now Batista has done pretty well for himself.

I know Trish had some measure of success with Yoga and some TV stuff. Stacy Keibler has some TV credits and I think worked for ABC(?) but I'm not sure how famous she is.

Moolah set the bar so low and booby trapped the industry that the answer is probably Moolah

Either that or Madusa.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
no other lady wrestler stayed in the public eye as much as Chyna, for whatever thats worth. nobody gives a poo poo about trish's yoga business. maybe Madusa if you think monster trucks are something people care about

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dromal phrenia posted:

Well I hope you guys don't get death threats for 'defining a woman's success based on THE MAN IN HER LIFE :rant: ' but yeah that probably would make her the most famous.

Has anyone else moved on to a lucrative and/or well-known career after leaving WWE?

There's this guy named Hulk Hogan

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I want to say that the reasons people liked reigns in the shield was that all of his contrived bullshit as a singles guy, The superman punch and the drive by kick for example, worked amazingly as tag cuttoff moves done out of the blue. He is possibly one of the best hot tags in wrestling, no fooling.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
HHH and Stephanie McMahon killed Chyna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
The first Shield match is still my favorite because I don't think anyone anticipated just how amazing that match was going to be. Rollins was the underwhelming NXT champ, Ambrose was still thought of as a deathmatch guy, and Leakee loving sucked in his what, 2 appearances on NXT? Even on the other side, 2/3rds of the match were Ryback and Kane. But then the match loving ruled and The Shield actually won and everyone was hype as hell after that.