Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

SweetJahasus posted:

So what have people used for floor 7 on this challenge? I'm finally getting around to doing it and I'm either a) not doing enough damage fast enough or b) doing WAYYYY the gently caress too much damage and getting it all gonged. I wish we had guys with box awakening in NA but alas we don't. No idea what the best strategy would be. I have most of the current meta teams.

I did it with Aizen. I ended up having to tank one hit so I'd bring a shield if possible. But if you double cross, you can usually do about 1/4 to 1/3 of his hp without going over. Would also help if you use Aizen's active so he can help with damage as well. But there are probably better teams for it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk why you'd need an rmyr either if you have diablos since anubis/diablos is still easier and more damage, aren't they? plus the whole point of dathena is how brainless she is and rmyr ain't that. she'd be a great sub if anyone other than herself needed her but they don't

still, if you wanna buy her anyway just for something different then some other good subs are: urd, red ney, red cotton (wouldn't even be surprised if we got her before rmyr considering how dathena went), dantalion, inahime. saria, verdandi, and beach urd are all good off color board changes to inherit

literally I need anything that can clear harder content than Anubis. I have not used a different lead for anything in weeks.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

GoodBee posted:

I checked your posts to see what you have and you've probably got better leaders than Momiji. But that said, it looks like you've got a good selection of Light monsters and Momiji might be a fun leader to play for a while. She's also a really good sub for a lot of teams so definitely level/evo/skill her and try her out.

It might be hard to find friend leaders for a Revo Indra team. I don't have Indra at all so I can't say.

My problem isn't that I don't have any good leaders, I'm just kind of tired of constantly using Julie. I have Ilm, Amenominakanushi, and Sarasvati as viable leads but don't quite have the resources to make up for how orb hungry they all are just yet and I'm still not sure what I could use as subs for Ilm. The Revo Liu Bei team is slowly coming online, but I still have to farm more tans and pys for my Zeus army.

Momiji is definitely going to be placed on some team. I never have enough light orbs for Ameno even with their active and Arondight's, and she kind of helps Revo Izanagi even if she gets nothing from him.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Televisio Frankus posted:

My problem isn't that I don't have any good leaders, I'm just kind of tired of constantly using Julie. I have Ilm, Amenominakanushi, and Sarasvati as viable leads but don't quite have the resources to make up for how orb hungry they all are just yet and I'm still not sure what I could use as subs for Ilm. The Revo Liu Bei team is slowly coming online, but I still have to farm more tans and pys for my Zeus army.

FYI, Zeus Dios is tomorrow and also drops King Woodtans at the same time. It will be a perfect time to finish your Zeus army.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

trucutru posted:

(Sandalphon at the end of 9 lets you do any combo of your choice for free)

Such an easy "free" combo when the whole board is bugging out changing colors constantly. Sure, a super pro such as yourself can make a 10 combo in that state but the best I could manage was 6

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Tir McDohl posted:

Such an easy "free" combo when the whole board is bugging out changing colors constantly. Sure, a super pro such as yourself can make a 10 combo in that state but the best I could manage was 6

You realize you can pick up an orb to stop it from changing and when you drop it, it will be the same color as when you picked it up. So you can create your own patterns as long as you take the time to do so. Once your done with your pattern, wait for the right moment and make a very quick 1 orb swipe to complete.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tir McDohl posted:

lmao it's literally a free full board combo if you git gud actually think for a second

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Kuros posted:

You realize you can pick up an orb to stop it from changing and when you drop it, it will be the same color as when you picked it up. So you can create your own patterns as long as you take the time to do so. Once your done with your pattern, wait for the right moment and make a very quick 1 orb swipe to complete.

This works better if you have like a dozen time boosts though.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

pookel posted:

This works better if you have like a dozen time boosts though.

????

You don't move the orb.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

UchihaHirou posted:

????

You don't move the orb.

How do you "make your own pattern" without moving orbs around? It's not like you can pause halfway through your move to let the color-changing orb get to the right color.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pookel posted:

How do you "make your own pattern" without moving orbs around? It's not like you can pause halfway through your move to let the color-changing orb get to the right color.

Kuros posted:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There’s a video I posted showing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vuJJ5S399Y

EDIT: skip to 2:20

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 31, 2017

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I'm not getting something. How do you do the "once you create your pattern" part of that instruction without having a reasonable amount of orb-moving time?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

pookel posted:

I'm not getting something. How do you do the "once you create your pattern" part of that instruction without having a reasonable amount of orb-moving time?
Move time doesn't start ticking until you literally move the orb out of its position for the first time. You could have 1 second and still do it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you pick up an orb but don't move it, it doesn't count as a turn when you drop it

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Move time doesn't start ticking until you literally move the orb out of its position for the first time. You could have 1 second and still do it.
Wait, for real? Is this true for all versions/devices?

Although, don't think that I'd have any chance of pulling it off on my phone screen - orbs are tiny and very slight movements tend to register as moves.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

pookel posted:

Wait, for real? Is this true for all versions/devices?

Although, don't think that I'd have any chance of pulling it off on my phone screen - orbs are tiny and very slight movements tend to register as moves.

Yep, it's true across all devices. It's how people can solve blind boards by picking up the orb and seeing what it is and then remembering the board. The timer doesn't start until an orb moves from it's initial starting spot.

It's also how you can use Myr's skill, pick up an orb during the Change The World and wait out the timer and still not lose your turn.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
tbh it's pretty impressive you got a 6 combo actually tryharding on full board confuse

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I pulled a Cthugha after dozens of dupes over the last few months.

What does he like

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

UHD posted:

What does he like

he's a combo lead with no restrictions so you have a lot of freedom

heart makers are important since his damage is higher when he has over half health and he doesn't boost rcv. 7c and prongs are good for damage, stacking fingers helps you make your combos

e: you might wanna try rolling for inahime tomorrow because her awoken form is a good sub and her base is a great inherit for cthugha

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 31, 2017

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

thanks myr

still no Liu Bei

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

dragon enthusiast posted:

tbh it's pretty impressive you got a 6 combo actually tryharding on full board confuse

Thanks. :)

I didn't know the trick to manipulate the whole board and think it is lovely to assume everyone is gonna know it. I never neded to know this in all other times I have run into this mechanic since it wasnt the entire loving board.

Edit: Anyway, it was a 3 stone tax which is whatever.

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 1, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

UHD posted:

What does he like

He likes Diablos as a friend leader, and just about anything you want as a sub. The new ult Norns are pretty nice options, with their 7-combo and Follow-up Attack awakenings.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Holy poo poo I pulled Yog-Sothoth and Momiji back to back today. There goes my luck for the rest of the year.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rolled a bunch for tachibana. no luck on her but I did get like 3 cthugha's (hope his ults are good), inahime, and arondight. pretty solid, tho I did also roll phoenix and marine rider and that's a bummer

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
After doing 7 rolls of crap (new crap, but crap) in the JP godfest I go to the US one in hopes of getting a Chiyo. And as expected I get MeiMei #261 and Karin #191 then a D.Meta (#3 but hey! at least that's a 6*) so let's try again...

Yog! drat! This is the first time in all my PAD experience that I've rolled one the best leaders in the game when it is still relevant! I am always like 3 months behind.

so I say, what the hell, and go back to JP to roll one last time...

:siren: Yog! :siren: Yeah, that's the secret, you just have to roll one in the other version.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 1, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i did like 20 rolls in jp and didn't get any of the 10x's, but i already had a yog and got some other 6*s i was missing so whatever gently caress you gungho

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Well, what the hell, let's do an extra roll...

:trumppop:

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Big event inbound! 9/4 - 9/17
- Guaranteed pys in daily rogues
- Mecha Goemon added to Technicals, clear by 9/17 for a free pull from a red monster REM
- Snowglobes in 3P UDR Cosmic Trinity Annihilation
- +15 daily Descend bosses
- Awoken mats guerillas in coins
- 7 days of 5k pal points login bonus, 7 days of Tamadra login bonus
- Evo Material Party 2 added
- 5x skillups
- EXP of a Lifetime

Pink REM is also back 9/4 - 9/10, with seasonal collab dungeons at same time including the four card challenge floor for predras if you haven't done them already. Monthly Quest just started today, there's 30 floors to clear there (make sure to pick up your rewards from the Quest tab before it disappears at the end of month). We also have the daily time attack descend for a stone and +99 for the whole month, it's a gift dungeon so only one clear per day.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

sounds exhausting

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Pulled three times, only thing of worth was a Nohime! I'm excited to have a good double 7c for my Anublos team.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I still keep trying Level 5 with Anubis/Diablos and getting murdered when I invariably only manage 6 combos on the turn where I really really need 8. That's what I don't like about Anubis/Diablos - gently caress up the combos even slightly, and you're doing 4-digit damage. Everything else I run, as long as I get the 2-3 necessary colors, I get at least 6 digits on everything (and respectable RCV).

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Pulled 3 on main and 5 on alt

Main:

Sakuya
Sakuya
Leeza

Woo more dupes

Alt:

Denbola (new)
LMeta (dupe)
Ginchiyo (new)
Yo Minazuki (new)
Satsuki (dupe)

At least something new for my alt.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rolled a Tachibana today, pretty nice. Now I just need to evo her up and-

... Demon Masks, GungHo? Seriously?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Thanks to the Mion dungeon in the event, I now have all the pieces for Awoken Andromeda except for Ilsix. I'll have to pester someone into co-oping that with me at some point, if that's doable on a couple of stones.

Rein Sakura / Tachibana with all the 7cs and fingers I can muster in the middle is my new favorite casual nuke squad. It's not a guaranteed 100x per round, but it's close.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

delfin posted:

Thanks to the Mion dungeon in the event, I now have all the pieces for Awoken Andromeda except for Ilsix. I'll have to pester someone into co-oping that with me at some point, if that's doable on a couple of stones.

Rein Sakura / Tachibana with all the 7cs and fingers I can muster in the middle is my new favorite casual nuke squad. It's not a guaranteed 100x per round, but it's close.

If nothing else I'm sure you could have goon carry you for ilsix, no stones required. I would just ask in here or the discord channel. I'll help if you haven't found anyone by the time I'm done working.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's probably a very easy carry with FUA available now, and especially with a Fujin up for the floor before Ilsix.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Are we getting a plus egg machine anytime soon? It would be nice to have something to put all these pal points to good use.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Are we getting a plus egg machine anytime soon? It would be nice to have something to put all these pal points to good use.

next half of the event is +15/pull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

And back to dupesville with Sharon #2 and Haku #3

Thanks to everyone that gave Cthugha advice earlier, i have a project now