Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Bloop posted:

somebody must like grape nuts

grape nuts are fantastic in yogurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

All I can think of with Link's comment is that he stole Ganondorf's cereal box and thinks he some kind of hero for doing so, while Ganondorf just sighs and gets another box out of the pantry.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wait are Ganon and Ganondorf two different people

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's two different ganons and both were originally ganondorf. But the one that link liberated cereal from has never appeared in his ganondorf form.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ganondorf is/was a thief, the only male Gerudo born of his century, a warlord and a king of thieves who sought to conquer Hyrule. Upon attained the Triforce of Power, Ganondorf called upon its power to shed his human self and become a being known only as Ganon, a manifestation of greed, initially, but by Twilight Princess he'd basically become a full-on cosmic horror. He still recalls his human self, but Ganon as an entity is something far beyond the human threshold.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The price gouging on the Nintemdo machine is upsetting me. Nobody is actually offering it at the $299 price that Nintendo advertises it for.

nobody has one at all

Scour Targets. I was there earlier this week and saw a ton of them. They seem to be the best place to walk in and get one. Of course, location may vary.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ganondorf is the scientist and Ganon is Ganondorf's Monster.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ganondorf is Ganon played by Tim Conway.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

a.lo posted:

kinda two months

Im not listening

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

Scour Targets. I was there earlier this week and saw a ton of them. They seem to be the best place to walk in and get one. Of course, location may vary.

Suburban department store locations are great for foraging rarer games, consoles, and accessories, because they'll get a similar allotment to the city ones but not the sell-through rate. It's a great way to track down physical copies of games on the cheap, because they'll likely have at least one or two copies just sit on the shelves for ages and the stores just wind up wanting them gone.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They're going to be pushing this game pretty hard I think

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/903609569838067714

It-sa me, Marketing! Woohoo!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Two Beans posted:

Ganondorf is Ganon played by Tim Conway.

Ganon is Gannondorf played by Tim Curry

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hmm, does anyone have a link to a conductive foam similar to what Nintendo has been putting in the left joycons sent in for repair? I haven't noticed any major issues with my left joycon but I figure if I'm gonna be opening them up I might as well slap a peice of foam down.

[Edit: on second thought, the joycons reporting a different color to the system then they are will bother me]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 1, 2017

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

lelandjs posted:

[Edit: on second thought, the joycons reporting a different color to the system then they are will bother me]

You can program joycons to display as any color.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tool-joy-con-toolkit-v1-0.478560/

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh poo poo, I had no idea. I wonder if future firmware updates from Ninty will break the joycons, though...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They're going to be pushing this game pretty hard I think

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/903609569838067714

Post huh?

The Switch is definitively dead then; they can't afford Kellogg's or General Mills.

Post. The GoBots of cereal brands.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 1, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Post huh?

The Switch is definitively dead then; they can't afford Kellogg's or General Mills.

Post. The GoBots of cereal brands.

Hey now, Golden Crisp is actually pretty good.
The rest can burn though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm going to come out and say that I love the idea of Mario using his hat to merge with other characters/objects.

But I loving hate the design of the eyes on that hat.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Beastie posted:

I'm going to come out and say that I love the idea of Mario using his hat to merge with other characters/objects.

But I loving hate the design of the eyes on that hat.

it must really kill the YookaLaylee guys that Nintendo put eyes on an object but made it a thousand times more appealing

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

:(

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

it must really kill the YookaLaylee guys that Nintendo put eyes on an object but made it a thousand times more appealing

I haven't played the game, and I GIS searched it but had no results. What are you referring to here?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Beastie posted:

I haven't played the game, and I GIS searched it but had no results. What are you referring to here?

shitloads of Rare games like Banjo Kazooie and the spiritual successor YK just put eyes on random objects like toilets, wrenches, cars, cheese wheels, etc and that was one of their "things" that they did. Conker did this too but to a smaller extent.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Nope there was some data earlier that the best place to find a switch is Toys R Us because people tend to forget they have a video game section or are older/without kids and don't have a reason to visit.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Oh I see. I thought you were specifically referencing a character in YK.

Something about Mario's hat's eyes just seem so hollow and dangerous. It doesn't scream lighthearted cartoon platformer, to me.

To me it says this hat is evil and is controlling Mario for its own purposes.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

"Oh neat shovel knight amiibo...wait that can't be. Yep that's arin longingly staring at toys for a commercial"

What a loving reality we live in.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LethalGeek posted:

"Oh neat shovel knight amiibo...wait that can't be. Yep that's arin longingly staring at toys for a commercial"

What a loving reality we live in.

The commercial was good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean mario stuff had eyes long before Banjo or even Rare.

poo poo, in the mushroom kingdom, the hills have eyes

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

400 Gb MicroSDXC coming from Western Digital...

http://www.zdnet.com/article/storage-breakthrough-worlds-biggest-microsd-card-crams-in-a-massive-400gb-of-data/

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Also I know the amiibos are just prototypes at the moment, so I REALLY hope they do a second pass on King Knight's and make his armor more shiny so it looks gold. It doesn't quite look as good as the other three

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This will probably result in a price drop for 256

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Make sure you check BestBuy for Switch inventory too. Their online stock check if pretty reliable. I just checked as bunch of random zip codes and at least one store in each region I checked had either neon or grey stock.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Macaluso posted:

Also I know the amiibos are just prototypes at the moment, so I REALLY hope they do a second pass on King Knight's and make his armor more shiny so it looks gold. It doesn't quite look as good as the other three

I kinda hope they can polish up Specter Knight's pose; it looks fine as is, but it doesn't do a whole lot to capture my interest like his promo art does

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mister Facetious posted:

Tell me it's Little Witch Academia Valley Dew-whatever

There are far too many twitter replies from grown men hoping for this to be a game based off of what looks like an anime aimed at very young kids. I'm afraid of googling more about it for fear of finding out it has fans that make bronies and obsessive middle-aged Harry Potter fans look normal.

Fruit Chewy posted:

If you're not using this sketchy mayflash dongle to pair wiiu/ps3/ps4/360/bone/bluetooth controllers with your switch seamlessly then you're missing out. It's even showing an accurate battery readout on my switch for the battery of my Wii U Pro controller. Goddamn.

Tempting but I already have NES 30Pro and Switch Pro controllers so two people can just deal with using solo joycons for 4 player games. :colbert:

I used to just open both bags and pour a mix of the two together. Eating that while watching the Super Mario Bros Super Show before school was like Peak (late) 80s.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The price gouging on the Nintemdo machine is upsetting me. Nobody is actually offering it at the $299 price that Nintendo advertises it for.

nobody has one at all

I got mine for $299 but that's because I got mine from an actual store and not a scalper listing Switches on walmart.com or whatever.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hey now, Golden Crisp is actually pretty good.
The rest can burn though.

Honey Comb Is Good I Will Fite U.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
honey bunches of oats is the goat cereal

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

honey bunches of GOAT

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fallout 4 GOTY Edition popped up out of nowhere on some Spanish shopping site. Might be something or nothing at all, but these things do pop up on weird foreign sites every so often.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Fallout 4 GOTY Edition popped up out of nowhere on some Spanish shopping site. Might be something or nothing at all, but these things do pop up on weird foreign sites every so often.

Switch powerful enough to run it? I'd be all over it if it does come out...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fallout 4 was cross gen wasn't it? If so shouldn't have any problems running on Switch.

NBA 2K18 is apparently nearly visibly identical to the PS4 and XBone versions except framerate is halved from 60 to 30. In my opinion that's a really good trade-off for portability.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LionArcher posted:

Switch powerful enough to run it? I'd be all over it if it does come out...

If it can run Skyrim in some capacity I imagine FO4 wouldn’t be that far behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Evil Fluffy posted:

I used to just open both bags and pour a mix of the two together. Eating that while watching the Super Mario Bros Super Show before school was like Peak (late) 80s.

That show aired at like 4:30pm on weekdays. You be spoiling your dinner son.

The only thing I remember about the cereal was that it was so dry and sharp that it would cut my mouth to ribbons.

• Locked thread