Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Also when we get Salter's animation updates she becomes 1000x better than vanilla Saber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

one more, the ring moving too fast and not staying at the edge of the screen means CE. Very frustrating.

3 rings means Servant. 1 ring means CE.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Sure is cool how the game is just giving me silver berserkers just to taunt me.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Nyeehg posted:

On that note, is it worth bothering to level up both Artorias or should I just focus on one for now? From what I can see Artoria has better stats and skills but Saber Alters Noble Phantasm is much stronger.

While I'll agree with everyone here stating that if you have to pick one, Artoria Alter is the better investment at this point especially since she peaks earlier because of her S-stat curve, I felt the need to point out that at max level their NPs actually do roughly the same damage at NP1. (assuming no Grails, that is.) Artoria Alter has a 450% damage modifier on her NP, but OG Saber has a 400% damage modifier after Interlude and a higher attack stat, so it evens out in the end.

Pulling from this, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wc80dpN8-OwH_wf-wrV5zb79d4Smy-WQxkIP1YABPE8/edit#gid=0, OG Saber does 29851 damage on average, and Artoria Alter does 29337.

E: Not related, but apparently Saber Lily does less damage at NP5 than Artoria Alter does at NP1, which is just... depressing, to say the least.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 1, 2017

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Schubalts posted:

3 rings means Servant. 1 ring means CE.

I didn't even notice the rings before

Expanding single ring is ce
Expanding triple ring is servant
Non expanding ring is xp/fou

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Nyeehg posted:

1st ticket- a silver saber that transformed into a golden saber which revealed itself to be Saber alter. I'm guessing the weird summon animation was a result of the rate up taking effect.

Not really, it's just one of the possible animations that can happen. I've heard of people getting that for Rulers, amusingly enough.

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
I got Saber Alter and Altera, which one is more useful?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kalion posted:

I got Saber Alter and Altera, which one is more useful?
saber alter is easier to ascend and costs less to deploy, so i'd focus on her at first. if that's not a factor, altera has 2000 more attack if they're both max level and no grails are involved (altera is actually in the top 10 attack stats in the game even in the jp version),. Altera has a 30% self attack buff for 3 turns and an 18% np damage buff to party for one turn, and Alter has a 18% attack buff to the entire party for 3 turns and a 50% boost to Buster damage for one turn. Her NP also has a higher modifier, even after Altera's interlude, though Altera's decreases defense slightly.

Ultimately Saber Alter is just a big nuke button with her NP and her buster boost, while Altera is more suited for actual round-to-round combat with her longer-lasting attack boost being better and her having a self-heal that also makes her crit more often for a turn.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Nyaa posted:

I need a roll report from the $400 guy

That would be me my homie. I'm only going to do 1 10-roll on the first Waver day and spend 5 Summons tickets on this gacha. While Kintoki is in the running for Best Boy, I already have Heracles, and Heracles IS THE STRONGEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Then I got that 4* CE with I think Young Taiga on it?

Is that who it is supposed to be? I thought that it was Tanaka from the Illya spinoff.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got medb and her costume token but I don't have the horseshoes to max her out...tfw.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

BlazeEmblem posted:

Is that who it is supposed to be? I thought that it was Tanaka from the Illya spinoff.

Nope. That's Taiga as a teenager, she appears in that outfit on some bonus material (Einzbern Consultation Room) on the Fate/Zero blu rays.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

BlazeEmblem posted:

Its Student No. 0 (aka Taiga) from the Einzbern Consultation Room shorts that come with the Blu-ray version of Fate Zero, basically a F/Z equivalent of the Taiga Dojo from the FSN VN.

e:fb, teach me to look for a picture!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHrQ9vCV1YA

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thanks everyone for your input. Seems both Artoria and Alter are nice to have, but their overlap means I should just focus on one for now.

Looking ahead I'm gonna have to dive into grinding dragon fangs either way. Both of them also need a poo poo load of saber pieces to ascend (i currently have 0).

Welp! Time to begin the long grind :shepface:

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
So does Qp ever get spent in any large quantity for the foreseeable future? I got over 327 million and it's kind of silly at this point. Either way, I'm gonna take advantage of the 1/2 AP costs and kick down doors for Master EXP

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Blight Runner posted:

So does Qp ever get spent in any large quantity for the foreseeable future? I got over 327 million and it's kind of silly at this point. Either way, I'm gonna take advantage of the 1/2 AP costs and kick down doors for Master EXP

Grailing and the high end of skill levelling tend to cost around 10 million a time for 5* Servants. So 300M is a lot, but it's not more than you'll ever need.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Had my son use my summon ticket and he pulled me a Vlad. Not Kintoki but I'll take it!

So the lesson here is you need to procreate and have one of your spawn pull, and you will get a gold.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

cyxx posted:

Had my son use my summon ticket and he pulled me a Vlad. Not Kintoki but I'll take it!

So the lesson here is you need to procreate and have one of your spawn pull, and you will get a gold.

Sounds cool, too bad I'm a self-hating goon perma-virgin.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got Arturia Alter from tickets.

Finally, a Real Gold Saber.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

cyxx posted:

Sounds like it's cheaper to just roll

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

gwrtheyrn posted:

Sounds like it's cheaper to just roll

If I didn't have to pay for daycare or drop money into a college fund, I could theoretically buy 2,625 quartz a month. Yeah, skip the kid probably

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Grail-kun would give you a knife to solve your problems cyxx.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Blight Runner posted:

Taking one skill from level 1 to level 10 costs sixty something million QP iirc, so yes, QP goes like water later in the game.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Thanks for the heads up, guys. On a side note, I just got my Herc to Bond Level 7. It'll be a long road until I get that Bond CE. Are there any other servants out there that had some supremely good CEs like that? To phrase it differently, is there another good servant that benefits a ton from getting their Bond CE? A cursory look seemed pretty 'meh' on most of them. Most of them were a flavor of "boost party crit/damage/quick" while on the field.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Tamamo no Mae's 15% party Arts boost Bond CE might be good if you were running an Arts team.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Arash and Saint-George's are hilarious.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

cyxx posted:

Speaking of summoning animations, as far as I can tel there are 3.

Rainbow balls is 5*

Silver card reveal flipping to gold can be 4* or 5*

Gold card reveal is 4* or 5*

Does that sound right?

Nope, any of those can happen with either 4* or 5*, but 5* are more likely to get a fancy animation.
(The game checks rarity before deciding the animation, so the silver-turns-gold animation is just trickery)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Had exactly 30 Saint Quartz after finishing all the Free Quests so I did another 10-pull in the hopes of getting another Saber Alter so I could toss another NP level on her.

Got a Gold Saber, was afraid it might be Artoria, but it was Artoria Alter!

Yay!

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Kyte posted:

Nope, any of those can happen with either 4* or 5*, but 5* are more likely to get a fancy animation.
(The game checks rarity before deciding the animation, so the silver-turns-gold animation is just trickery)

Aww man, I thought I had it figured out. Oh well, thanks for the info. I thought for sure the rainbow balls were always a 5*

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Tamamo no Mae's 15% party Arts boost Bond CE might be good if you were running an Arts team.

Don't even THINK about how you can fit a bond CE into a party. Getting bond to 10 is a horrific grind, period. Those bond CEs might as well not exist for the vast majority of people.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Is there anything good in the rare prism shop on jp? With pretty good I mean good enough to burn a 4* that you're almost positive will never see use?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

genericnick posted:

Is there anything good in the rare prism shop on jp? With pretty good I mean good enough to burn a 4* that you're almost positive will never see use?
No. everything in the rare prism shop is comedically bad or overpriced or both. Probably to prevent people from seriously wanting to burn their 4*s/5*s. They're more just weird little bonuses for whales who get a 4* to NP5 or something.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

Most things in it require you to burn a lot more than one 4*.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Two multipulls and 10 summon tickets later, and the only two things worth a poo poo that I get are Medusa #5 and an Imaginary Element.
gently caress this Gacha. I'm not buying another goddamn stone until we get the guaranteed 5* events.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

*Kotomine laughing*

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

MonsieurChoc posted:

*Kotomine laughing*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDahxIwGMg8

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I'm not sure what I'm looking at, but singing Altria is really cute.