Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Don't listen to his fud Propagandist just downvote and move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Epaulette Sharks, just under 1m long, are the only sharks that can literally walk on land. Their fins
have essentially become 'prototype legs' which they can move independently to go for a stroll

http://i.imgur.com/HGIE4CY.gifv

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

TheAgent posted:

lol the poo poo they are talking about everyone there, just holy poo poo

the company is hosed. get a refund. there's no secret build, just as I thought behavior scripted last year's 3.0 demo and then hosed right off after the checks stopped coming

star citizen is a hodge podge of over 200 different programmers, all with different loving tasks and goals an comments and engines, it'll never ever be more than the jittery bullshit mess we currently have

also things are tied directly to loving framerate in the engine, so that's why some people on poor rigs can clip through poo poo easier than people on 5k dual titan rigs

Jesus I knew they were loving dumb but this is amazing. amazing

loma

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Agent tell them to just post in the thread, I mean gently caress, it's not like any of it can be traced to them if done on their home PC

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Thoatse posted:

Epaulette Sharks, just under 1m long, are the only sharks that can literally walk on land. Their fins
have essentially become 'prototype legs' which they can move independently to go for a stroll

Who can crawl like a dog without scraping his knees, who's got segmented EYES?
it's muuuddyy

mudskipper

e: ya lousy bum

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Who can bite like a dog while breaking your knees, who's got segmented TEETH
it's bloooody

1 meter mudskipper

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Make sure your friends don't out themselves, Agent.

We wouldn't want this to cost them their jobs.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
Crobbers needs a vacation.
It'll be the last one he gets before jail time....

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'm just some fat old drunk on the internet so obviously no employee at cig could ever be hurt by what I post on a dead comedy subforum

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TheAgent posted:

I'm just some fat old drunk on the internet so obviously no employee at cig could ever be hurt by what I post on a dead comedy subforum

What was Crobber's reaction to the Gamescom show and it's reception, if you were told?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thoatse posted:

:kimchi: they're also specially adapted to be able to survive in water with extremely low oxygen saturation. They often get stuck in tide-pools and rocky areas as the tide goes out, and both their ability to walk and their low-oxygen tolerance help them survive.

e: Thoatse knows how to get me to pay attention to the thread on the weekend lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

What was Crobber's reaction to the Gamescom show and it's reception, if you were told?
why did everyone gently caress up, why didn't anyone tell me poo poo was broken, why aren't we further along, why don't the backers pledge more, why don't people understand what we're doing here, why aren't things working properly when the outside contractors had them working fine, why can't we do things better, why can't we hire better programmers, why do we have to keep paying contractors who already dropped out of the project, why do we have to pay actors more, why are we not making more money, why aren't we close to finishing 3.0, why are people afraid to come talk to me about issues, why can't I get a straight loving answer from you loving idiots, why are our monthly expenses so high, why aren't outside contractors interested in working with us, why aren't people impressed by FOIP, why can't I go on vacation, oh I loving can BYE

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
the best is the tales of crobbo wandering around the office and pointing out certain employees as "high risk" or "low performing" while everyone in hunkered down and trying to loving do this impossible poo poo he wants

like yay, I really want to loving work for a miserable gently caress who derides every single person that isn't his family or from his loving origin or hollywood days

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TheAgent posted:

why did everyone gently caress up, why didn't anyone tell me poo poo was broken, why aren't we further along, why don't the backers pledge more, why don't people understand what we're doing here, why aren't things working properly when the outside contractors had them working fine, why can't we do things better, why can't we hire better programmers, why do we have to keep paying contractors who already dropped out of the project, why do we have to pay actors more, why are we not making more money, why aren't we close to finishing 3.0, why are people afraid to come talk to me about issues, why can't I get a straight loving answer from you loving idiots, why are our monthly expenses so high, why aren't outside contractors interested in working with us, why aren't people impressed by FOIP, why can't I go on vacation, oh I loving can BYE

So basically a complete lack of understanding about the current state of his game and the requirements to get it into a working state.

Seagull management at its finest: absent, except for when he suddenly swoops in and takes a poo poo on everything before immediately leaving.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
like at one point you're creating your character for sq42 (which is just the SC character creator basically, no one really knows what is going in what game at this point) and he wanted a scene where you stare at yourself in a mirror as you change poo poo (like fo4) but instead of just rendering the character model as a separate scene in the mirror with canned head movement he wanted some super crazy poo poo like mirroring the entire scene as you changed yourself into super "level 5" or whatever heads that slowed the entire scene to a crawl because you were loading some intense poo poo into vram because the loving bathroom you were in had multiple mirrors that crobbo all wanted reflected, even if you can't loving see it

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
This sounds EXACTLY like some american dude i once read about, also trying to make the worlds best mmo. he was riding on tax credits and whatever investors he could sucker.

I think the guy was a former sportsmans? I wish I could remember the details, but from what you have described, this is the EXACT same situation I remember.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
now imagine trying to tell him "hey we don't need mirrors" and he responds with "BUT THERES loving MIRRORS IN THE SHIPS, THERES A MIRROR IN A SCENE I WROTE, I WROTE THAT SCENE AND THERE'S A loving MIRROR MORTY, THERE'S A MIRROR THERE AND I WANT TO SEE, I WANT TO SEE ME IN THAT MIRROR MORTY, I WANT TO SEE MY REFLECTION IN THAT loving MIRROR, I DON'T CARE HOW MANY loving CPU CYCLES IT TAKES UP OR IF A, A, A TITAN X CAN'T EVEN loving RENDER IT, I WANT IT MORTY, I WANT THAT loving MIRROR THERE"

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
all I basically want is justin roiland to play crobbo in the eventual hbo miniseries

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
thats my character arc. I don't care if it takes nine threads. I want that

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TheAgent posted:

This reboot of The Caine Mutiny is absolutely terrible.

:lesnick: ate the strawberries

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

McGiggins posted:

This sounds EXACTLY like some american dude i once read about, also trying to make the worlds best mmo. he was riding on tax credits and whatever investors he could sucker.

I think the guy was a former sportsmans? I wish I could remember the details, but from what you have described, this is the EXACT same situation I remember.

38 Studios, Curt Schilling, star baseball player, squandered the state of Rhode Island's money

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
HEADSTSHOT or whatever the baseball thing is.

Thanks a lot, going to read over the whole thing again right now.

I advise the thread to do so as well, maybe compile a list of all the things that are exactly the loving same about how both projects are managed and handled.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TheAgent posted:

like at one point you're creating your character for sq42 (which is just the SC character creator basically, no one really knows what is going in what game at this point) and he wanted a scene where you stare at yourself in a mirror as you change poo poo (like fo4) but instead of just rendering the character model as a separate scene in the mirror with canned head movement he wanted some super crazy poo poo like mirroring the entire scene as you changed yourself into super "level 5" or whatever heads that slowed the entire scene to a crawl because you were loading some intense poo poo into vram because the loving bathroom you were in had multiple mirrors that crobbo all wanted reflected, even if you can't loving see it

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
Its a bit of a shame too since Kingdoms of Amalur is actually a pretty cool game.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Is one of these CIG employees an asian with a weird belt ?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Hi CIG employees. I hope you're saving terabytes of emails for when the shitshow collapses.

TheAgent posted:

thats my character arc. I don't care if it takes nine threads. I want that

That would be astounding. He could play Ben too. Thumb and Benny.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah I'd be CYA'ing like mad for when the revolution comes. Nothing shoots a narrative down better than written evidence. Oh wait, this is fake news, ignore this :v:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
So hey guys, remember when CIG was hawking those T-Shirts, hats, coffee cups, and mouse pads? You remember any other merch they sold?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Bootcha posted:

So hey guys, remember when CIG was hawking those T-Shirts, hats, coffee cups, and mouse pads? You remember any other merch they sold?

Go on :allears:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/903980010314268673

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Bootcha posted:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

This is brilliant haha

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Maybe RSI should try using an engine that works for their fake game demos.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sorry to all the player haters who don't have the skrilla skrilla to afford such luxury items

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

July 29, 2018 -- Washington, DC

Today the FTC released a statement about the collapse of Cloud Imperium Games and the ongoing investigation of the finances of the record-breaking crowdfunding campaign that resulted in no playable game in seven years.

"We've been keeping tabs on CIG for quite some time, thanks to the tireless efforts of twitter user TheRealGremlich," said acting FTC chairperson Maureen Ohlhausen in a written statement. "We received non-stop tweets from this user directing us to information obtained by software developer Dr. Derek Smart that proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that CIG has been engaging in deceptive business practices. We would like to thank TheRealGremlich for his help in ensuring that our investigation is efficient and thorough, and for introducing us to Dr. Smart."

The statement also thanked TheRealGremlich for helping supply information in their ongoing fact-finding to develop a case for prosecuting several CIG executives for alleged misconduct, including CEO Chris Roberts.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
They should make a naked space spaghetti-fied figurine that doubles as an odor killing spray. The spray comes out the nipples.

The fidelity is astronomically high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004