Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Millions posted:

I'm currently reassembling my Joy-Cons with pink shells. How did you remove the ZL/ZR buttons from the center shell?

Sorry for the delay, you probably figured it out by now but you have to pry them off. Careful when you do so because it's easy to lose the small springs, the ribbon cables for them are held on by a tiny screw so only try and by the button off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tender Bender posted:

The fact that they're combining their two platforms is gonna make the Switch's volume higher, but you're kidding yourself if you think they're gonna maintain this pace. A handful of exciting Nintendo games each year, filled out by some smaller titles, indies, and stuff that's traditionally been bound to portable devices, is probably all you should expect (which is still really good!)

That's pretty much what we've had this year though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Are there any good sales going on SD cards anywhere? I'm going to need one for 2k since it's launching digitally only.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
You should be able to get a name brand 128GB card for ~40-50 at Amazon or Best Buy or whatever.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

njsykora posted:

That's pretty much what we've had this year though.

We're not gonna get another Zelda/Mario/Splatoon/MarioKart year, that's like... All their biggest guns besides Smash and Pokémon.

It would be really nice if the filler stuff kept turning out to be as good as Rabbids is. I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

s.i.r.e. posted:

Sorry for the delay, you probably figured it out by now but you have to pry them off. Careful when you do so because it's easy to lose the small springs, the ribbon cables for them are held on by a tiny screw so only try and by the button off.

Thanks! I did figure it out and got everything assembled properly... except now the gyro is somehow disabled. gently caress.

I'm not even sure which part of the controller is responsible for gyro, maybe I just forgot to plug a ribbon back in..?

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

We're not gonna get another Zelda/Mario/Splatoon/MarioKart year, that's like... All their biggest guns besides Smash and Pokémon.

It would be really nice if the filler stuff kept turning out to be as good as Rabbids is. I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

No, we won't have more of those, but Pokémon, Metroid Prime 4, a shitton of Wii U ports possibly including Smash Deluxe that will get good sales because nobody bought the Wii U, and real third party ramp up doesn't exactly make for a slack year though.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

njsykora posted:

In motorsport the lower the number on a formula the faster it is.

what happens when something is faster then F0, this system seems flawed

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

mandatory lesbian posted:

what happens when something is faster then F0, this system seems flawed

F -1 maybe?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

These chaos emeralds are too hard to get for how easy the rest of this game is

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Al Borland Corp. posted:

These chaos emeralds are too hard to get for how easy the rest of this game is

gently caress those purple orbs in that one place

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arcsech posted:

No, we won't have more of those, but Pokémon, Metroid Prime 4, a shitton of Wii U ports possibly including Smash Deluxe that will get good sales because nobody bought the Wii U, and real third party ramp up doesn't exactly make for a slack year though.

Pokemon and metroid are not going to be next year or even in the same year id guess

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

spit on my clit posted:

gently caress those purple orbs in that one place

Don't think I've gotten there yet, I've been stuck on emerald five for like ten tries

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tender Bender posted:

If next year is Pokemon followed by Kirby, Yoshi, Prime 4(?) and a other first party titles that's still going to be pretty solid. When you look at 3rd party games that could include DQ11, Monster Hunter, and others.

Real hurthling! posted:

Pokemon and metroid are not going to be next year or even in the same year id guess

Pokemon's probably being aimed at as a holiday season game for next year if they can swing it, otherwise it'll probably be a summer 2019 game.

Tender Bender posted:

The fact that they're combining their two platforms is gonna make the Switch's volume higher, but you're kidding yourself if you think they're gonna maintain this pace. A handful of exciting Nintendo games each year, filled out by some smaller titles, indies, and stuff that's traditionally been bound to portable devices, is probably all you should expect (which is still really good!)

As the 3DS/2DS production ends and games that'd have been made on that platform move to the Switch either people who'd buy those handhelds will follow or they'd abandon it entirely for mobile gaming, which is unlikely.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

DLC Inc posted:

certification is a joke if that hosed up Troll game made it through

Unless it's changed since I had to deal with it, the Technical Requirement Certification checks are completely objective, with the exception of "does this have anything in it that would obviously violate the ESRB rating we agreed to publish it with"-- things like "how long are the load screens", "does this make system-level calls that are allowed for debug purposes but not in final games", "does the game have an excessive number of crashes", "what happens to the console if you leave the game running, unpaused, and not in sleep mode for 24-48 hours", and so on.

Which is to say both "just because it's a subjective piece of poo poo shovelware doesn't mean the TRCs are going to reject it as long as it's a properly coded and functional piece of poo poo shovelware", and "depending on how comprehensive they are about playing through the endgame, I could see it taking awhile for stardew"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tender Bender posted:

The fact that the Switch is apparently easier to dev for is a perpetual source of hope for that, especially since we're already going to see Hollow Knight, Stardew, and Owlboy on it in the ostensibly-near future (in addition to already seeing things like Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight, Binding of Isaac, and a couple others that I'm probably forgetting)

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I never played Xenoblade Chronicles but really want Chronicles 2 - is it worth it to pay $10 over retail for the 3DS version of Chronicles? I don't have a Wii anymore so 3DS is my only option and it's hard to find right now so it's getting marked up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

InFlames235 posted:

I never played Xenoblade Chronicles but really want Chronicles 2 - is it worth it to pay $10 over retail for the 3DS version of Chronicles? I don't have a Wii anymore so 3DS is my only option and it's hard to find right now so it's getting marked up.

It's on the eShop. Don't over pay.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

When is Switch getting a Star Wars game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

a.lo posted:

When is Switch getting a Star Wars game?

Probably around Christmas 2018 at the earilest. 3rd parties didn't know the Switch was going to be a hit this year.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

InFlames235 posted:

It's unplayable hard to see that's going on in the 3ds version imho

I played it on wiiu vc after starting on 3ds and it was like I was paying another game

Plus nunchuk controls are best for it really

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When's the next Lego Star wars, they'll get that

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Don't think I've gotten there yet, I've been stuck on emerald five for like ten tries

5 is the hardest by far. 6 and 7 are ridiculously easy in comparison.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Lego Star Wars would be cool, assuming new Lego games are as good as Lego Clone Wars for the gamecube

also don't tell me if that game was actually bad, me and my bff used to play that for like hours as kids

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Good to know!

There was a Warriors game for the PS4 that had a bunch of base-management and character interaction systems that seemed pretty neat, is any of that in FEH? Aren't they known for their weird character relationship stuff

We do know characters are going to have something called bond conversations with some of the others which range from serious to funny.

Unsure what you mean about base management, but you're able to switch between your selected playable characters at will on the battlefield as well as ordering them around if you're not controling them, which allows for some multi-tasking.

Beyond that, you can also pair up two of your playable characters: One of them acts as the frontman of the pair while the other disappears to become your assist character (and also giving the other character better stats). You can switch between the two at-will as well, or even unpair them at any time if you think they're better of fighting separately.

Also, there's other Fire Emblem elements in it like it never being a good idea to engage an archer with a flier if you can't KO them outright (and of course its flipside: take an archer with you to easily deal with fliers).

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Good to know!

There was a Warriors game for the PS4 that had a bunch of base-management and character interaction systems that seemed pretty neat, is any of that in FEH? Aren't they known for their weird character relationship stuff

the empires games? i wouldn't expect it since those are typically considered separate titles, and limited to the main dynasty warriors/samurai warriors

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Scholtz posted:

lmao @ people who said the switch would have a terrible first year

At this point I'm more concerned about year 2. Hopefully they didn't blow their load and are just being smart about not announcing things too early.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

tbh I always assumed a lot of Switch's year 1 was just late period Wii U stuff they scrapped and pushed ahead as Switch games.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

TheHoosier posted:

Well yeah I said it's more likely, not that it's gonna happen. I'm excited for Kirby for sure. This was such a strong first year I'm just saying the second year probably won't be as strong

You didn't specify in comparison to the first year, but if that's what you meant then that's more reasonable. If MP4 comes out and is really good then it'd swing the year for me personally but I know other people seem to like Switch's current games.

Evil Fluffy posted:

It'd be nice if they made a good Starfox game for the Switch, but who knows. They'd probably gently caress it up by trying to force gyro controls in to the game in some weird way instead of just letting it be an option to toggle for steering.

They already had gyro controls in SF643DS as a side option next to traditional controls, so if they tried to force gyro controls it'd be peak dumb Nintendo. That said, considering the tepid response to SF0, I doubt they're gonna pull that again with Star Fox.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
stardewhen?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

They still have a pokemon game coming out

and animal crossing

and

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

when does NESFLIX drop i am keen to play fools in OG mario bros

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i like that name btw

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Is there any talk of getting a regular warriors game on the Switch? I suppose it's dependent on how well the FE one does, but has anyone said anything?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

No.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

alf_pogs posted:

when does NESFLIX drop i am keen to play fools in OG mario bros
Honestly if it wasn't ready for Splatoon 2 who the hell knows when they'll have it ready. I'd assume they'll shoot for a January 1st launch just to have a solid date where they'll cut people off, but their whole online strategy at this point as been so nonexistent so far that I'd be surprised if they have anything ready by then.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

March at earliest I bet, probably later

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Is there any talk of getting a regular warriors game on the Switch? I suppose it's dependent on how well the FE one does, but has anyone said anything?

Koei Tecmo has already announced 3 of their Warriors games are coming to Switch, but only in Japan for right now.

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires (NOT DW8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition for some reason), Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, and Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada are all coming.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

I'm almost absolutely sure koei announced a bunch a regular warriors games for the switch

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/dynasty_warriors_8_samurai_warriors_and_warriors_orochi_are_all_headed_to_switch

Apparently it's Japan only right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

InFlames235 posted:

The 3ds version is ugly as gently caress and the game system boils down to "are you near the same level as the enemy? Yes, you win, no, you cant even hit them" so its like 70 hrs of cooldown management mmo combat that you know the outcome of ahead of time.

The story is pretty great though. At this point i'd probably just wait for 2.

• Locked thread