Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, 1's soundtrack was a lot better than 2's. The only standout songs in 2 are the Splatfest songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gimbal lock posted:

I miss the Splatoon 1 songs, and I miss throating "WHAT THE gently caress!" 27 seconds in the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpPECtYOt8Q&t=23s

I hated most of the Splatoon 1 battle tracks, especially this one.

Only the ones they added as DLC were any good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the SP songs are fantastic but that's probably because I've heard them a shitload from playing through that mode so many times

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, 1's soundtrack was a lot better than 2's. The only standout songs in 2 are the Splatfest songs.

Most of 1's battle songs are in the game's code and playable in the music mini game so hopefully they throw them in the battle rotation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just had a rainmaker match where we didn't have control of the rainmaker for a single second, and they had their bar pushed to 10, until Overtime and then we pushed it to their side and won. I'm shakeing. Last Ditch Effort probably just saved my rear end.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The Splatoon 2 Splatfest songs are okay in general except for Acid Hues, which sounds like a dance-remix version of a children's song about farm animals from a parallel dimension. I'd rather still have Ink Me Up.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
As someone who has spent actual hours playing the little rhythm arcade minigame in Splatoon 2, I'll say that every track owns a lot, particularly the final boss songs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gimbal lock posted:

The Splatoon 2 Splatfest songs are okay in general except for Acid Hues, which sounds like a dance-remix version of a children's song about farm animals from a parallel dimension. I'd rather still have Ink Me Up.

wtf Acid Hues is the best splatfest song.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes you've already established that you don't like the good songs and like the bad ones

naah I'm loving with you, tastes and all.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

Yes you've already established that you don't like the good songs and like the bad ones

naah I'm loving with you, tastes and all.

Acid Hues is the best SplatfestSplatoon song. It's a cool, jaunty song with clear bluegrass inspiration.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Y'all crazy. It sounds like someone tried to turn a lullaby into a dance song of mean farmer Joe messing up the rabbits' tea party.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I swear the maps always rotate when I'm a single win away from a rankup. :smith:

Moderately related, but I feel like I've finally cracked the code on how to use the Dapple Dualies. I could never get the hang of them, but now I'm whipping out double and triple kills left and right, and dumping Beacons everywhere so we're always on the front lines. It's amazing how long they will last if you just hide them around corners and poo poo, even in heavily contested areas. It's also nice to finally get to use all the fresh gear I have that has Sub Power Up, too.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Internet Kraken posted:

Ebb and Flow is the best, because Pearl tells you that you got the froggy.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Bill Barber posted:

I prefer Pearl to Marina personally, but if you vote on a Splatfest via anything other than your actual preference in the proposed topic then you're a gosh danged idiot.

I don't like seeing Pearl sad she is my friend and deserves only happiness

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

bandaid.friend posted:

I don't like seeing Pearl sad she is my friend and deserves only happiness

marina can jump off a

... pier

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Acid Hues is the best SplatfestSplatoon song. It's a cool, jaunty song with clear bluegrass inspiration.

The Salmon Run songs are the best Splatoon songs overall.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't hear music when I play Salmon Run. Just a loud ringing and the shouts of my comrades as things, invariably, turn to poo poo.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Does anyone know how high the bonus bar goes? I decided to play for awhile to see what would happen, but after getting to 4500 I gave up.

(almost 2 pages of stuff and I come out with a bunch of empty cloths, 2 useful chunks and 4 garbage chunks. Not worth it if you're just farming)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Night Blade posted:

Does anyone know how high the bonus bar goes? I decided to play for awhile to see what would happen, but after getting to 4500 I gave up.

(almost 2 pages of stuff and I come out with a bunch of empty cloths, 2 useful chunks and 4 garbage chunks. Not worth it if you're just farming)

It may be endless. I liked the last weapon group so much that I got to 5000.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Night Blade posted:

I assume it is endless. After you reach 1200 though you just get a repeating bonus of the clothing item and then a pink capsule every 200 points.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i think the highest i got was 670 profreshional and the bonus bar was at 10,000+ or something

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Speaking of GrizzCo, October's item better be a shoe.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

"That's, uh, not mine."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's Lil' Judd who does the tallying, he's the one you obviously have to bribe.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I love the conceit behind Grizzco. Some weird bear somehow is still kicking around and gets his decadent rear end fed caviar by squid kids. It's fantastic.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I love the conceit behind Grizzco. Some weird bear somehow is still kicking around and gets his decadent rear end fed caviar by squid kids. It's fantastic.

I think the whole GrizzCo thing is a facade. I think the company is really run by a Salmonid, a Goldie maybe, who adopted the likeness of their death god in order to betray the rest of them for money.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Who would want salmon eggs in this day and age... other than the last two cats?...

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Who would want salmon eggs in this day and age... other than the last two cats?...

Wouldn't eating the Salmonids themselves be more fruitful? :thunk:

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well, Judd's food bowl does appear to contain a chunk of salmon. But let's be real, squids would eat them. Squids eat everything, even each other. Sometimes especially each other.

I hope we learn more about Grizzco/salmon eggs. Egg collecting is pretty recent thing in-universe, so if Off the Hook talks about some new and weird product, it might be connected.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Inkoming update:

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/904636027788083200
Next Friday, version 1.3.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 4, 2017

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

oh i just checked my album, i had something saved at 650:

bonus meter goes up to 15000 at least

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Smiles posted:

oh i just checked my album, i had something saved at 650:

bonus meter goes up to 15000 at least

Do you have a twitch stream by any chance?

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i wish, then that can be my real job instead of wallowing around in the muck surrounded by screaming fish monsters that is my irl one

(plus i only have 10mbps download/0.5mbps upload, lol australia)

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/6xxyzc/squidbaggings_a_bannable_offense_and_its_pretty/

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.

Smiles posted:

i wish, then that can be my real job instead of wallowing around in the muck surrounded by screaming fish monsters that is my irl one

(plus i only have 10mbps download/0.5mbps upload, lol australia)
Ayy, I think I just played Salmon Run with you and we're not even friends. Sup. (raise is blocking your name :smug:).

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

ayyy i remember you, were you around for the stingray laser light show? small warld

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Having just started ranking competitions any quick tips? Or is it just kill and try not to die? Is it better to ink turf and seek opponents or actively push the objective (keeping the tower etc?). I always go for the latter myself. I tend use run of the mill shooters because I'm a pretty lousy shot.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Having just started ranking competitions any quick tips? Or is it just kill and try not to die? Is it better to ink turf and seek opponents or actively push the objective (keeping the tower etc?). I always go for the latter myself. I tend use run of the mill shooters because I'm a pretty lousy shot.

It depends on the situation, really. Sometimes nobody is pushing the objective so you can go do it, though it's not so good when most of your team is dead. Better not push unless your team is defending you/most of the other team has been splatted. Trying not to die is good, and if you manage to get to a safe zone your team can jump to you. Kills are always useful but don't be too focused on chasing a dude around the map and forget about the objective.

If your weapon isn't great for a 1v1 with the enemy then flanking around and covering turf is also good since you're making more space for your team to move around and you can sometimes catch enemies unaware when you come up behind them.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Internet Kraken posted:

I really like the GrizzCo loading/gg song. And as a group of songs I agree 100% they are the best.

Maybe if Splatfest questions were about something important, like which song is better, I'd vote my favorite.

Also yes I guessed wrong which would be more popular. Tough to win em all no matter what your strategy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

pokeyman posted:

I really like the GrizzCo loading/gg song. And as a group of songs I agree 100% they are the best.

Maybe if Splatfest questions were about something important, like which song is better, I'd vote my favorite.

Also yes I guessed wrong which would be more popular. Tough to win em all no matter what your strategy is.

I remember one of the directors wishing they could host a Brit rock themed Splatfest, like Blur Vs Oasis. I'd appreciate it if it happened.