Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I haven't been posting cat cuddling pics for reasons and I've had two shifts cancelled (rather one was, and one upcoming) due to holidays and one due to a medical appointment, but those reasons have cleared up so I'll sort through my pictures in a day or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

How's my foster doing?

He's super handsome, super lovey, super insane, and super healthy. In other words, I've completely failed. Three cats isn't too many, right?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Must post all three for confirmation

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

my cat is norris posted:

How's my foster doing?

He's super handsome, super lovey, super insane, and super healthy. In other words, I've completely failed. Three cats isn't too many, right?

Giant ears! :3:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

my cat is norris posted:

How's my foster doing?

lol

black cats are the best.

very handsome boy

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Norris is still my main man, but Kirk is the one who's always happiest to see me come home. Geki, our orange diva and prior foster fail, is such a darling/such a snot. I'll post pics tomorrow!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

my cat is norris posted:

Three cats isn't too many, right?

WELCOME TO TRIPLE CAT CLUB

First rule of Triple Cat Club is always talk about Triple Cat Club.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Geolicious posted:

WELCOME TO TRIPLE CAT CLUB

First rule of Triple Cat Club is always talk about Triple Cat Club.

I have three cats, can i join your club?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

TRIPLE

CAT

CLUB

TRIPLE CAT CLUB

(first class upper club)

(meanwhile, below decks...)

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.

Triple cat club check-in

No new fosters as of yet, we're still working with Odin the grey furry jerk. Apparently he was having gallbladder issues, so now he's on 3 different meds for that which is SUPER fun. Looking forward to when we can d/c his antibiotics and taper his steroids next week. I'll probably continue my break from fostering until November, and see if I can get one of the older kitties out of the shelter for the holidays.

addendum: as I was typing this I made eye contact with Odin, which meant that I was then contractually obligated to bring him onto my lap for pets.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

:3:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

my cat is norris posted:

(first class upper club)

You don't get a lot of sewing done do you? The yellow one is just daring you to put some fabric down

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I only have the one, but she's as noisy as 3 when she's not holding down someone's lap.

Hopefully I can get her a friend soon.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Yeah I may be part of the Triple Cat Club now. My brother's two cats that I was supposed to be watching for a week? Well it's been almost three weeks now, they're still here.

I'm beginning to doubt that they're going to be going back.

It's okay, they're sweet boys.

They even get along okay with Charlie.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Why hasn't he come to get them back?

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Kavak posted:

Why hasn't he come to get them back?

Many reasons, but the main is that he is living with our mother right now, who owns a large pitbull mix that frightens the hell out of the cats.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
T R I P L E C A T C L U B

:neckbeard:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

my cat is norris posted:

TRIPLE

CAT

CLUB

TRIPLE CAT CLUB

(first class upper club)

(meanwhile, below decks...)

CAT CAT CAT

We need more pictures from the triple cat club!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Chlii, for the love of all that is buttery. I follow your twitter. Please tell us: What animal is Butterscotch sharing his butter with?

https://twitter.com/Bscotchthecat1/status/900627346159435776

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

JackMann posted:

Chlii, for the love of all that is buttery. I follow your twitter. Please tell us: What animal is Butterscotch sharing his butter with?

https://twitter.com/Bscotchthecat1/status/900627346159435776

Haha, it's a shark. Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. We were on vacation and since I've come back I've been slammed at work. More updates soon!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Our local shelter is having free adoptions all holiday weekend so they can clear space to bring in displaced Harvey shelter animals. Halfway through the last day and they're over 100 adoptions which is just ridiculous.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
I put my name on the list to foster so our SPCA can clear space for hurricane transfers. I wasn't planning on fostering again for a few months, but plans change I guess.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Marchegiana posted:

I put my name on the list to foster so our SPCA can clear space for hurricane transfers. I wasn't planning on fostering again for a few months, but plans change I guess.

You're good people, Marchegiana.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

Our local shelter is having free adoptions all holiday weekend so they can clear space to bring in displaced Harvey shelter animals. Halfway through the last day and they're over 100 adoptions which is just ridiculous.

Some long timers, too!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Geolicious posted:

Some long timers, too!
Speaking of longtimers, Cynthia says hi.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Boogalo posted:

Speaking of longtimers, Cynthia says hi.

Aww, I miss having a cat.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
My foster is doing G R E A T. She's so sweet and cuddly, doesn't get aggressive or anything. She loves pets and head bonks. She's still hesitant around my roommate, but if my roomie comes into my bedroom and sticks her hand out, my foster will bang her head all over her hand. She's just territorial, I guess, but she has started exploring the common areas when she thinks no one's watching. She's twelve, but she still plays with hair ties left on the floor and will gently smack at my fingers if I wiggle them.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Maggie Fletcher posted:

My foster is doing G R E A T. She's so sweet and cuddly, doesn't get aggressive or anything. She loves pets and head bonks. She's still hesitant around my roommate, but if my roomie comes into my bedroom and sticks her hand out, my foster will bang her head all over her hand. She's just territorial, I guess, but she has started exploring the common areas when she thinks no one's watching. She's twelve, but she still plays with hair ties left on the floor and will gently smack at my fingers if I wiggle them.

old cats still love play! :kimchi: they just get tired faster and like a slower pace.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
old cats are the best :3:

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
Saw our little Rory pop up on the "We were adopted" memo from the SPCA this week. Got me right in the feels, like a proud mom watching baby go to college.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
While you guys are busy being the best, Bscotch is busy being the worst:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74VlUJvg6zE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chili posted:

While you guys are busy being the best, Bscotch is busy being the worst:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74VlUJvg6zE

Butters looking good. Less like a big blob and more like an actual cat.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Literally the saddest cat :saddowns:

muscles like this! posted:

Butters looking good. Less like a big blob and more like an actual cat.
He really is, especially from above! You can really see the difference.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I never noticed that little white patch on his side. Kinda reminds me of those caramel candies with the spot of cream in the middle.

Please give him extra pets and scritches, since he doesn't need to diet those.

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Butters lives to eat.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

SlippyFists posted:

Butters lives to eat.

So what you're saying is Butters is just like me. :colbert:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Butters is looking so great! Great job Chili!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Butters is looking so great! Great job Chili!

We're doing our best, but he does not seem as committed to his journey of weight loss as we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-KyqZOen_Y

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

We're doing our best, but he does not seem as committed to his journey of weight loss as we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-KyqZOen_Y

The video :allears: "Learn your lesson?" "NOOOOPE."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
My poor scaredy cat foster...I think we've had a slight setback. I went out and bought a bunch of her favorite food, some new treats to try, and a laser pointer. She's not very adventurous food-wise, or food-motivated. She doesn't go for Temptations, which every cat on the planet loves (she'll eat them eventually if I leave them in her dish, but otherwise ignores them). She is TERRIFIED of the laser pointer. I didn't shine it at her or anything, just a few feet away from her, and she ran away. I shone it on the opposite wall and she stared at it like it was coming to get her. I finally calmed her down with some really stinky freeze dried salmon, and I may try again as she gets bolder, keeping the laser pointed across the room from her so it's not a threat, but it's just the weirdest thing to see a cat legitimately fearful of a dot on the floor.