Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Futaba Anzu posted:

id eat a bucket full of nugs

You fool, you use a tri-slosher, that way you get one compartment for nugs and two for dipping sauces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Takoluka posted:

All the Tri-Slosher really needs is reduced attack speed and either a narrowed attack cone or reduced damage on the left and right shots. Right now, it is simply way too strong; as a Dualies main, it is nothing for me to be outgunned by a Tri, because it outranges me from the front and can straight murder me with vaguely-directioned shots from the side. Hell, even if I get the initial hits off, a Tri-Slosher can usually kill me before my shots kill them.

:shrug: I don't know what to tell you, I have been playing primarily enperry dualies and have no problem with buckets. People who are having trouble with buckets, seriously, join up in discord for a turf n' chill one night, get a few buckets in the lobby, and talk about how to murder them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Ometeotl posted:

You fool, you use a tri-slosher, that way you get one compartment for nugs and two for dipping sauces.

No one needs that much sauce

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nephzinho posted:

:shrug: I don't know what to tell you, I have been playing primarily enperry dualies and have no problem with buckets. People who are having trouble with buckets, seriously, join up in discord for a turf n' chill one night, get a few buckets in the lobby, and talk about how to murder them.

I can handle the Slosher and the Sloshing Machine with decent consistency. It's specifically the Tri-Slosher that is an issue, and enough people who are actually good at the game agree that it needs a fix.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ometeotl posted:

Ugh look at this suboptimal loadout. Use one compartment for nugs, one for fries, and one for sauce.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Ugh look at this suboptimal loadout. Use one compartment for nugs, one for fries, and one for sauce.

I agree with this because I use my nuggie sauce for fries too since I'm anti-ketchup

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
My advice in the meantime is to take the bucket out for a test drive as well. I got my rear end handed to me repeatedly and learned how to not use the weapon. Doing so will also help you identify good bucket users from the bad.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Tri sloshers aren't invincible killing machines that no one can stop, they're just a bit skewed in terms of risk and reward

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The weapon diversity at top league ranks is pretty good. We are a far cry from the 4 man tri slosher squads on launch week.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Takoluka posted:

I can handle the Slosher and the Sloshing Machine with decent consistency. It's specifically the Tri-Slosher that is an issue, and enough people who are actually good at the game agree that it needs a fix.

Like who? Completely serious, I don't pay any attention to the pros or even know where to look for where they'd state what they think needs to change. League top 10 teams tend to have 2-5 tri sloshers total, well below Splattershots, and in line with Splatty Jrs, Rapid Blasters, and Dualies.

Zelder posted:

Tri sloshers aren't invincible killing machines that no one can stop, they're just a bit skewed in terms of risk and reward

That's fair. If they play cautiously they can shut down huge areas and spam Ink Armor, forcing more aggressive play into them which does not go well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

LethalGeek posted:

Direct fire fights happen (ranked big time) and nearly every other weapon that isn't a straight up long range weapon has the same or shorter shots with the added disadvantage of having to you know "aim". I know this cause I can flail about in chaos with the bucket and get someone lol.

The shot pattern changed from the original, the side shots are pushed way up to the tip vs being more in the middle and they are more reliable. I used it in rainmaker all the time to make up for my inability to aim sometimes. It's OP vs what it used to be, simple as that.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing with your point. Namely the notion someone else raised that Tris can be free kills for certain weapons. Which would definitely be the case if they just walked into them head on. And is a stupid approach for most weapons in the game.

Personally in situations with long range weapons, if I can't ambush them, I'll try to drive them off with Burst Bombs, or try to distract them long enough for help to arrive. Or just ignore them to do something more productive, like accomplishing the objective.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Killing people with cross map burst bomb tosses is a good feeling.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

One compartment for nugs, one for fries, one for ketchup mixed with mayo into fry sauce

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

One compartment for nugs, one for fries, one for ketchup mixed with mayo into fry sauce

What have you done, you fool! That is forbidden technique!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nephzinho posted:

If your gun outranges them, just kill them? If your gun doesn't, pressure them back with a sub? If they are throwing ink in your general direction, do not walk towards them?

well gosh, nobody ever thought of those things before, you just cracked this thing wide open

C-SPAN Caller posted:

you disgust me

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 5, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

i know what i'm getting from McD's today

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

nobody asking for a nerf to the tentatek splattershot though, cause its "fair"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Admittedly the skill floor on the tentatek is a lot higher (am I using that right? I'm tired) so people aren't gonna complain about it

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I would say that the only real absurd part of that kit is the Inkjet, which is one of the best specials in the game. And in League it would be far easier to coordinate Ink Armor activations with it, making for very strong pushes and ways to hold your ground.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I think the most infuriating thing in this game is when the Tower is on an incline in Tower Control. Drives me insane. Musselforge Fitness is the worst.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

Chargers really aren't worth considering at all huh? Not that I can aim them well, I always feel bad in Salmon Rush when I get saddled with one.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Mahoning posted:

I think the most infuriating thing in this game is when the Tower is on an incline in Tower Control. Drives me insane. Musselforge Fitness is the worst.

death by Rainmaker bubble snu snu

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Also a weapon that absolutely dunks on the Tri-Sloshers would be the Dualie Squelchers. They outrange them heavily, making it very difficult for a Tri-Slosher to approach them safely. And in the event that does happen, the Dualie Squelchers can just dodge roll to safety in a lot of situations if they're quick on the uptake. Though the current kit we have isn't all that great.

I do have to say, the weapon that interests me there is the Sloshing Machine. Is it really that good, or is it basically just new toy syndrome?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Chargers really aren't worth considering at all huh? Not that I can aim them well, I always feel bad in Salmon Rush when I get saddled with one.

Better map design doesn't allow Chargers to control the entire map anymore, so they have dropped off considerably. Which is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is neat ty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also yesterday I saw a guy running train with the Clash Blaster so I don't know what the believe anymore

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

Better map design doesn't allow Chargers to control the entire map anymore, so they have dropped off considerably. Which is awesome.

Absolutely.

And on the stingray: it's not just good for tower control. It's also just good for rainmaker. It's not great for anything, though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Chargers also ate some huge nerfs in the transition from Splatoon 1 to 2. For one thing, they're not hitscan anymore, they're just really fast projectiles. So you'll have to adjust your aim to account for that, which can take some getting used to. Damage Up is also gone, so they can't reach lethal damage sooner than they're supposed to.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

I do have to say, the weapon that interests me there is the Sloshing Machine. Is it really that good, or is it basically just new toy syndrome?

It's very good, more lethal than the tri-sloshier if you can aim.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Has everyone seen the JOJOs Splatverse post? It's amazing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

banned
https://my.mixtape.moe/ymuaph.webm

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm glad chargers are loving dead

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The dynamo roller didn't deserve death

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The only time I've ever seabagged is at the end of great Salmon Run matches

Pro-social bagging only

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It would be cool if the new ranked mode was a 4v4 version of Gun Game but idk how you get that to work or what the Knife equivalent is in Splatoon. Maybe if they brought back Kraken just for it

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zelder posted:

Correct

Dr Cheeto posted:

The dynamo roller didn't deserve death
Incorrect

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Show me the correlation between trislosher users and people who chose invisibility.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Lakbay posted:

Give me the single player version of the maps in multiplayer. I want the pure chaos from the rollium bundles, roll out carpet, and traps

I wonder why they don't include those elements from single player into the multiplayer maps. I could see a lot of potential with the roll out carpets

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

This would probably be really useful if I ever played with anyone good and organized enough to actually follow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Zelder posted:

They aren't; the splat chargers and squifer are fine for all modes, the E-Liter is weaker now that you're forced to sit through the whole charge time to 1HKO and it no longer has it's get out of jail free special, however the goo tuber is still trash.