Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean what happened that is making everyone talk about Mario not being a plumber now

I thought the entire reason you use pipes for travel was because of plumbing.

The official Japanese profile on him said something along the lines of "All around sporty, whether it’s tennis or baseball, soccer or car racing, he [Mario] does everything cool. As a matter of fact, he also seems to have worked as a plumber a long time ago..." or something like that. No idea why people are freaking out over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Infinitum posted:

When has Mario ever done any plumbing in a video game?

Literally the only time I can think of is in the live action movie, where he actually was a plumber.

They do a bit in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Dr. Fetus posted:

The official Japanese bio said something along the lines of "he used to do plumbing work in the past" or something like that. No idea why people are freaking out over it.

Because everyone in the world needs to find reasons to freak out over video games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bongo Bill posted:

Luigi, on the other hand,

A professional Ghost Boo Buster. What else do you need?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr. Fetus posted:

No idea why people are freaking out over it.

Because if Mario can be put against the wall as a bourgeois royalist sympathizer...

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean what happened that is making everyone talk about Mario not being a plumber now

People mistook a bit of cutesy phrasing on the Japanese website for a HUGE CANON REVELATION, and the journalism telephone game went bananas.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
I wish Pyre and No Man's Sky would get Switch ports. It would be so goddamn incredible for the latter especially. I played both with a buddy this weekend after he wanted to show me which games were still managing to occasionally pull him off his Switch. Obviously the latest Atlas Rises stuff is what makes the No Man's Sky draw exciting for me. I know a lot of people poo poo on the game but I can see the draw for sure.

rogue wave fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Sep 6, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

rogue wave posted:

I wish Pyre and No Man's Sky would get Switch ports. It would be so goddamn incredible for the latter especially. I played both with a buddy this weekend after he wanted to show me which games were still managing to occasionally pull him off his Switch.

Starlink might scratch your No Man's Sky itch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpTlQG6c3lE

I'm just hoping you don't need to buy all that extra accessory bullshit

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
That actually does look like it might scratch the itch a bit, but the cutaways to kid's playing with physical models to alter the game scare me.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMrdRaiCUug

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If the Xenoblade 2 VAs are that sassy it's an immediate buy for me.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If Nintendo had half a brain when it came to capitalizing on stupid Internet poo poo they would send out a presser in the form of a proclamation from Peach. Something about declaring that Mario and Luigi are now the Royal protectors of the Mushroom Kingdom. Due to their busy schedule of guarding the Princess and the realm they have quit their old profession as plumbers. All the spworts and other assorted malarkey are just part of the job.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
So if anyone is looking for controller options for playing Street Fighter II on their SNES Classic, Hori is putting this out in Japan:

https://twitter.com/HORI__OFFICIAL/status/905355215104335872

They're releasing a SNES controller they made in the past for the SNES Classic (not exactly 1:1 since they're still adding ZL and ZR as shoulder buttons). It's wireless, so I'm not 100% sure if it'd work on a Wii/U despite the Wii accessory connector.

Edit: Oh jeez, right down to the package too:

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Sep 6, 2017

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought Lego Worlds and played a few hours last night. I loving love how it looks, everything is made of Legos and it's awesome. Graphically it does fine, there were a couple hitches here and there but nothing too common or annoying.

The camera in dungeons is completely hosed, though. You have to keep manually zooming in on your character, otherwise it clips into the walls or even the floor of the floor above you. Combat wasn't explained to me at any point before entering the dungeon; luckily I had realized how to equip and use weapons by myself (not that it was hard to figure out, but still).

Also after I got out of the tutorial and onto my first *real world* the game then decided to throw a bunch of objects into my menus. When an object is added, it pops up into the middle of the screen with a "got it!" noise. Well, it took about two minutes to do that with all the items it dumped on me, with no explanation of why it was dumping them or what they were. I could still play while it was happening, but it was super annoying.

Basically the game still kinda feels like it's early access, though it is (mostly) playable. The biomes it generates are neat, and the landscape editing tools are some of the more usable landscape tools I've seen in a game (I especially like the "smooth" tool, which helps integrate areas you've cleared out for a building naturally into the landscape) but it's way closer to what I understand No Man's Sky to be like than it is to Minecraft.

Is it worth $30? Tentatively, I'm saying yes, but we'll see after another ten or so hours of gameplay.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Infinitum posted:

When has Mario ever done any plumbing in a video game?

Literally the only time I can think of is in the live action movie, where he actually was a plumber.

He and Luigi fix that pipe at the beginning of Mario 3d World

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

They also do some intense plumbing in that Nintendo Power comic for Super Mario World. I'm talking S tier poo poo.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He fixes pipes in Superstar Saga and one of the sequels, he clears out pipe systems in Mario Bros and Mario Clash, he makes plumbing systems in Mario vs DK: Pipe Dreams

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He also fucks married women on the regular

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mario is a plumber the same way Tony Soprano is a garbageman

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God doesn't recognize the marriage of Donkey Kong and Candy Kong as they are mere gorillas.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mario doesn't gently caress

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Infinitum posted:

Starlink might scratch your No Man's Sky itch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpTlQG6c3lE

I'm just hoping you don't need to buy all that extra accessory bullshit

Don't worry they'll make you buy everything since it's a toys to life game

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Dr Cheeto posted:

Luigi fucks

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Another Switch game announced. I don't know anything about it, but judging from the cover it's somebody's erotic steampunk comic made in Poser.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That was a kind of genre defining 3D adventure game for dos in like 1994.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Another Switch game announced. I don't know anything about it, but judging from the cover it's somebody's erotic steampunk comic made in Poser.

it's an old point and click adventure game from 2002.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Guy Goodbody posted:

So wait they are porting the 2002 version and not the two newer ones?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

true, he makes love

Tatsuta Age posted:

Luigi fucks

no doubt

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So wait they are porting the 2002 version and not the two newer ones?

$60

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Dr Cheeto posted:

Quick somebody find his r/incels account

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Syberia and The Longest Journey are some of those point and clicks that came out once the genre was "dead". It's really good if you like the old school stuff from before Telltale made everything into interactive movies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Syberia is a decent point n click if you like those it's just funny that it has two sequels, including one that came out this year, but that just appears to be the first one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So tired of fighting these koopas: Chad, Chad, Chad, Chad, MagiChad, Chad Jr., Whore, Chad, Chad, and their big boss Chad.

I thought I found my pure princess once, but when she kissed me I knew she was a whore. Now she's with my brother Chad. I'm still going to rescue this other princess whore though, not cause I care about her, just to spite Chad.

No one will ever be the pure perfect Rosalina, a giant goddess who never will gently caress a Chad. But she's evil and won't gently caress a me, Mario either.

Princesses should be cloned when they reach maturity(age 15, look it up science said this is right) and have their brain replaced with a Yoshi's. Yoshis are loyal and obedient and do what you tell them. They die for you. That's what princesses should do.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Because he's a kart-racer.
A hand-to-hand arena fighter.
A doctor (disbarred for malpractice after stuffing random pills into bottles).
A world traveler with an on-again-off-again girlfriend and entourage.
A small-squad insurgent soldier with urban combat training and cover tactics.

A time traveler
A dancer
An artist
An animal abuser
A murderer

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Al Borland Corp. posted:

So tired of fighting these koopas: Chad, Chad, Chad, Chad, MagiChad, Chad Jr., Whore, Chad, Chad, and their big boss Chad.

I thought I found my pure princess once, but when she kissed me I knew she was a whore. Now she's with my brother Chad. I'm still going to rescue this other princess whore though, not cause I care about her, just to spite Chad.

No one will ever be the pure perfect Rosalina, a giant goddess who never will gently caress a Chad. But she's evil and won't gently caress a me, Mario either.

Princesses should be cloned when they reach maturity(age 15, look it up science said this is right) and have their brain replaced with a Yoshi's. Yoshis are loyal and obedient and do what you tell them. They die for you. That's what princesses should do.

because of the way the mobile app hides old posts, I just saw this and thought you were having a breakdown

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Raserys posted:

because of the way the mobile app hides old posts, I just saw this and thought you were having a breakdown

Don't mind if I do!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Waluigi is the tenderest lover in the Mario universe

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Sakurazuka posted:

Syberia is a decent point n click if you like those it's just funny that it has two sequels, including one that came out this year, but that just appears to be the first one.

Yea and the old one is the only one with good reviews because of nostalgia and rose colored glasses. The newer ones are 50% on metacritic and that's the good number

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Waluigi is volcel jfc

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Do not play the 3DS ver of Xenoblade. It's the loving worst. It's so bad. You can't see a drat thing that is going on. It's beyond terrible. If you purchased it, go emulate the Wii ver on Dolphin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/905423354823192576

Mario rescues a princesses, and lands several punches with impacts emphasized through screen shaking.

• Locked thread