Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Tatsu was only bad because constantly the only people protecting him said "Hey guess what you're food and I'm going to loving eat you first chance I get!" So he was already stressed out.

He doesn't look like any food I ever saw!

When you first find him the crate he's in has a bunch of space carrots that look like noppon, so I guess that's what he's supposed to resemble? Its weird that they focus so much on that lame joke when nobody ever even compared Noppon to food in the first game.

But the real bad part about Tatsu is that he's an enormous little poo poo. He puts your life in danger multiple times through careless idiocy and doesn't even apologize for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I partly ruined XC by doing way too many sidequests in a completionist frenzy. None of them individually were too bad but the end result is I spent most of the back half of the game joylessly trudging through places I once enjoyed looking for collectables and monsters with a wiki pulled up on my phone. Would not recommend.

Watching that trailer reminded me of how loving good the soundtrack is, drat. Right from the getgo, I think the colony 9 outskirts music is one of my favorite gaming tracks.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Macaluso posted:

I thought the Switch only had about a 3 hour battery life. Is that not the case?

Depends on the game. You can get 3 hours with Zelda and closer to 6 hours with Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
XCX soundtrack is great and I ebayed the pod USB thing with it with zero regrets

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Macaluso posted:

I thought the Switch only had about a 3 hour battery life. Is that not the case?

You can get a $45ish battery pack that will give you infinite Switch my friend.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Phantasium posted:

Someone didn't join the mile high club.

:perfect:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All long flights have usb plugs right on the entertainment screen

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I got a switch this weekend and I'm loving it. Thinking about picking up a few eshop games. How is Slime-San?

How is the rest of the music selection in VOEZ? I thought the demo tracks were pretty alright.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
If you liked the demo, the main game has 100-ish songs of a similar style. It's a mix of J- and K-Pop with some electronica and a few Legally Distinct Miku™ songs for good measure. I personally thought they could have gone a little lighter on the dubstep, but there's like 100+ songs in there as of patch 1.2, so there's bound to be something you like.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Tender Bender posted:

I partly ruined XC by doing way too many sidequests in a completionist frenzy. None of them individually were too bad but the end result is I spent most of the back half of the game joylessly trudging through places I once enjoyed looking for collectables and monsters with a wiki pulled up on my phone. Would not recommend.

I think you pretty much had to do this to advance in it anyway. Feels like I remember a huge level gap between each story mission. Game sure was sloppy

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
There was only one part where I had to do sidequests to catch up to the story but other than that one hump I was able to just completely railroad main story quests in XC1

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Man the difficulty in Puyo Puyo Tetris' adventure mode ramps up really quickly. Guess I gotta study up and practice more

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Plague Knight loving sucks man.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Al Borland Corp. posted:

All long flights have usb plugs right on the entertainment screen

I'd be stunned if those charge a tablet, let alone a switch.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Leyburn posted:

Uhh the gently caress???

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Fuligin posted:

Uhh the gently caress???

I can't control him for poo poo. I hope the third campaign is more enjoyable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lakbay posted:

There was only one part where I had to do sidequests to catch up to the story but other than that one hump I was able to just completely railroad main story quests in XC1

Theres like 3-4 points where they follow up a boss with another boss 5 levels higher so if you are on the low side you gotta go elsewhere

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

They charge laptops, dude. I guess it's been awhile since you've flown.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Not incorrect, but daaaaaamn

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Plague knight owns what the gently caress

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Plague knight owns what the gently caress

Teach me how.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Leyburn posted:

look at this man

look at how wrong he is

how wrong can one man be

very

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Some laptops require more than the 75W airplane chargers supply. Isn't the Switch pretty picky about what it'll charge from?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I was able to charge my Switch while playing Zelda on a Virgin Atlantic flight, although really slowly. I don't think Virgin's USB chargers support whatever higher charging rate that USB-C allows. But it's enough to at least maintain charge while you play.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Leyburn posted:

Teach me how.

he just has a learning curve. as you start unlocking more of his options it becomes almost absurd how much easier he is to platform with than shovel or specter knight

Fuligin fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 6, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Plague Knight the man is a wonderful treasure. Plague Knight's movement sucks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't really enjoy his movement myself. Too many variants so that none of them really feels "right". They all feel a bit too erratic as well.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

burger time posted:

I got a switch this weekend and I'm loving it. Thinking about picking up a few eshop games. How is Slime-San?

Slime-san is one of my favorite Switch games so far. Tons of levels (100 levels, 90 with four stages, 5 longer auto-scroll levels, and 5 bosses) with really clever twists on Super Meat Boy's formula, additional objectives for these levels (apples in hard-to-reach areas, trophies for beating each level in a certain time, and New Game + which remixes every stage to be more difficult and adds mechanics from all levels), a really cool town section, tons of cool NPCs, a really clever theme that the game really run with, and lots of fun extras like alternate characters, graphical overlays, and cosmetic items. If you're at all interested in challenge platformers, I highly recommend Slime-san.

Leyburn posted:

I can't control him for poo poo. I hope the third campaign is more enjoyable.

There's a learning curve for Plague Knight, but once you get it he's really fun to play around with. Charging bombs makes him fly, while double jumping and throwing bombs help control your momentum and give you time to get a second charge to go even farther. I think Yacht Games had a blog post that goes into more detail on the mechanics. It takes awhile but it's really fantastic once you have control of it, so much so that Plague Knight is my favorite of the three campaigns.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Isn't the Switch pretty picky about what it'll charge from?

That's a good question I hadn't considered. I admit that I haven't flown since I've bought my Switch, so I don't know the answer to that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It kept its charge just fine on a KLM flight from Amsterdam to Atlanta a couple weeks ago.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Isn't the Switch pretty picky about what it'll charge from?

It's picky about what it considers a dock (and will refuse to charge as well) but I haven't had any issues charging it from a macbook power brick. as long as you're not trying to use a HDMI dongle in-between it's probably fine

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Switch plus travel update:

Status = Switch good

I've travelled on a 6 hour flight and had my switch the entire time. It was awesome as hell. Zelda was the star of the flight, the only part that sucked was doing a shrine that required motion controls but you can just disconnect the right joy con and it works okay.

Can confirm it works great on flights. I've used mine on 4 flights of 10-13 hours, and 6 flights of 1-3 hours since getting it.

Switch + Pro Controller + RavPower = no power concerns. Most flights I can plug in, but RavPower fills in the gaps and layovers. I've barely even played on my TV yet.

Some laptops require more than the 75W airplane chargers supply. Isn't the Switch pretty picky about what it'll charge from?

I've charged it fine off of a ton of different kinds of chargers.

RavPower USB 2.0, Random wall mount 2.4A generic. 3 different plane-types' USB ports. Train USB port on bullet train in Japan. Nexus 5X USB 3.0 charger. Haven't had one thing not charge it yet.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 6, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Leyburn posted:

I don't think I finished Plague Knight either. Didn't really like it. Specter Knight was much better.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lessail posted:

Man the difficulty in Puyo Puyo Tetris' adventure mode ramps up really quickly. Guess I gotta study up and practice more

Getting 130% in the story was one of my most satisfying game accomplishments this year

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Read this friendly goon: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/pkmobility-tips-and-tricks/

Plague Knight ends becoming extremely fun when you get the hang.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Lobstertainment posted:

Read this friendly goon: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/pkmobility-tips-and-tricks/

Plague Knight ends becoming extremely fun when you get the hang.

drat I finished Plague Knight and didn't know any of this. Once I got the item where you can glide I basically just used that a ton.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Glide Burst shouldn't have been in the game, it's training wheels that people never take off. Plague Knight has the best campaign.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's a repeat of stages you already played

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

But better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/905541376867258368
What's up with this tweet? Is Nintendo Power coming back or something?

• Locked thread