Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

AsInHowe posted:

The LED ceiling was legitimately amazing.

It's going to be the best goal celebration in the NHL, and is fully customizable. Entrance ceilings are definitely in play.

Also, if you want to watch but don't want a ticket, the plaza outside will show all events live.

I'm just glad that every single pro team is going to be playing within two blocks of each other in the downtown area. The Joe was so hopelessly outdated, and who the hell ever wanted to drive all the way out to Auburn Hills for Pistons games?

The Wings, hopefully, transplanted the most active boards in the league from JLA to LCA. Those things were magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gonz posted:

I'm just glad that every single pro team is going to be playing within two blocks of each other in the downtown area. The Joe was so hopelessly outdated, and who the hell ever wanted to drive all the way out to Auburn Hills for Pistons games?

The Wings, hopefully, transplanted the most active boards in the league from JLA to LCA. Those things were magical.

I wasn't allowed on the ice, but I think that's gonna be the same boards style.

Also, the bathrooms are loving immaculate.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

has anyone considered having Roman wear the blue contacts again

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
me

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

the escape goat posted:

has anyone considered having Roman wear the blue contacts again

Staying topical with GoT was too unlike WWE it had to be corrected.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

VJeff posted:

I'm gonna loving miss Hell in a Cell inside the LCA 'cause I gotta go to a wedding. Man, if Nakamura wins the championship, I'll be so freakin' bummed out. :laffo:

Don't worry, he's going to lose when the Singh Brothers interfere.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I disagree. I feel like Khali is going to attempt to stand himself up from a sitting position after hiding underneath the ring the entire match. It will be a painful, awkward sight to see.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Gonz posted:

I disagree. I feel like Khali is going to attempt to stand himself up from a sitting position after hiding underneath the ring the entire match. It will be a painful, awkward sight to see.

They're gonna borrow aleister black's entrance equipment for the match, it'll be fine.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Example: if it would've just gotten the goddamn coronation of Roman out of the way, I wish they'd have had him gone over Brock clean at Mania 31, even though it'd have gone over like a wet fart. What has happened since has moved from a wet fart to violent food poisoning that has gone on for basically 2 and a half years and if Roman/Brock remains the plan for Mania 34, it will have essentially put the product on hold for THREE YEARS for something that almost no one wanted to begin with and yet they somehow want it less and less as time goes on.

100% agreed, and what makes it even worse now is that the answer to all of this is staring them right in the face.

BRRRRAAAAAAAUUUUUUNNNNNNN.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Seams posted:

with JBL gone who is gonna yell WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES, KID when asuka gets pinned by i dunno alicia fox
don't worry. we still have michael cole to yell THANKS FER COMIN' when asuka gets pinned by maybe dana brooke or something?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Michael Tarver!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with Neville having a crazy long title reign, but god the other Cruisers need something to do. A tag title or another singles one, but something to push the narrative forward, a reason for these dudes to go out there.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

abraham linksys posted:

I understand why people conceptually want wrestlers to put over their peers on their way up, I really do! But I think people arguing for it in this specific case are not taking into account both the importance of Asuka and the current state of the NXT women's division. There was nothing to gain from Ember winning at TakeOver and a lot to lose.

Asuka coming in as an undefeated monster is cool in theory, but they've managed to gently caress up so many NXT call ups at this point that I have no faith that Asuka is somehow going to be one of the very small handful of people to escape that curse. Especially, with how bad they book the women's division. For fucks sake they actually got people to boo Bayley.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Grendels Dad posted:

Michael Tarver!

I love how this always crops up dude's wwe time boils down to one line.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

JT Smiley posted:

Asuka coming in as an undefeated monster is cool in theory, but they've managed to gently caress up so many NXT call ups at this point that I have no faith that Asuka is somehow going to be one of the very small handful of people to escape that curse. Especially, with how bad they book the women's division. For fucks sake they actually got people to boo Bayley.
All they had to do with Bayley is have her narrowly lose enough to establish her as the Little Train That Could coming up from the bottom, and instead she won most of her matches, was in the title picture immediately, and got the title on a random Raw.

Asuka's going to be beaten clean within the first two months, guaranteed.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
the wwe title match probably won't be in the cell, and it probably won't main event

don't use the cell to keep the singh brothers out or anything

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

pressedbunny posted:

All they had to do with Bayley is have her narrowly lose enough to establish her as the Little Train That Could coming up from the bottom, and instead she won most of her matches, was in the title picture immediately, and got the title on a random Raw.

Asuka's going to be beaten clean within the first two months, guaranteed.

Bayley should win most of her matches but narrowly lose the big one until she finally wins it on a big stage. Something like, say, the Ziggler/Miz feud stretched out over a longer period of time would be the perfect thing to do with Bayley.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Don't say WWE doesn't give Canada gifts sometimes:

http://groupetva.ca/presse/communiques/tva-sports-wwec-annoncent-une-entente-diffusion Starting Oct 18, TVA Sports in Quebec will air a one-hour version of Raw

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

tweet my meat posted:

They're gonna borrow aleister black's entrance equipment for the match, it'll be fine.

Oh man that is quite the mental image

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chris James 2 posted:

http://groupetva.ca/presse/communiques/tva-sports-wwec-annoncent-une-entente-diffusion Starting Oct 18, TVA Sports in Quebec will air a one-hour version of Raw

Dumb question - do TV shows and movies in Canada have to simulcast in French and English, or be "English speaking, French subtitled/French speaking, English subtitled?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CobiWann posted:

Dumb question - do TV shows and movies in Canada have to simulcast in French and English, or be "English speaking, French subtitled/French speaking, English subtitled?"

No, there are separate English and French channels.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chris James 2 posted:

You realize, of course, that the good poo poo's going to get cut out and half of that hour will be THE BIG DOG, ROMAN REIGNS.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
People posting in this thread about how Asuka should've went out on her back because WWE will gently caress up her push anyway are loving stupid.

I won't deny that WWE is bad at booking, but just because they're regularly incompetent doesn't mean they shouldn't try to make Asuka look strong and powerful on her way into the main roster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vaguido posted:

People posting in this thread about how Asuka should've went out on her back because WWE will gently caress up her push anyway are loving stupid.

I won't deny that WWE is bad at booking, but just because they're regularly incompetent doesn't mean they shouldn't try to make Asuka look strong and powerful on her way into the main roster.

Yeah but it made Billie Kay and/or Peyton Royce look bad.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bayley loving sucks, who cares about here.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but it made Billie Kay and/or Peyton Royce look bad.

They didn't need any help in that department.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Vaguido posted:

Yeah for real. They have someone who looks strong and is over with the fans. You try and keep that momentum going. gently caress it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/905837338047209475

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

rovert I appreciate you sharing but never link a Chris Cillizza article at me again or I will lay you out with my finishing move

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i think the forum works better as a whole when we drag wrestling into cspam rather than vice-versa

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think the forum works better as a whole when we drag wrestling into cspam rather than vice-versa

[Lays you out with my finishing move]

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the usos were in high school when rikishi was running with 2 cool

how embarrassing would it have been to have a dad who was the fat dancing guy who put his rear end in peoples faces in high school

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

That DICK! posted:

[Lays you out with my finishing move]

What's your finisher?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

DICK! KICK!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sweet Dick Music

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

man, some indie wrestler definitely has to have a sweet chin music that targets the dick as a finisher right? not talking the bucks or joey ryan occasionally kicking someone in the dick, i mean their actual honest to god finisher.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

In the old svr games with create a finisher, you could make a finisher of kicking a dick 10 times

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

shiksa posted:

the usos were in high school when rikishi was running with 2 cool

how embarrassing would it have been to have a dad who was the fat dancing guy who put his rear end in peoples faces in high school

Given how hot wrestling was at the time it was probably not too bad.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm kinda turning back around on Enzo again. He's bringing a lot of energy to 205 and scrappy cheating rear end in a top hat is a pretty good way to justify his place among much more technically impressive wrestlers. Hearing a 205 crowd chanting captain underpants and getting into a match that didn't even feature Enzo was pretty cool and I think he's already having a positive effect on the division that might be the push the show needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
HE HIT HIM WITH THE DICK BOMB :bahgawd:

• Locked thread