Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

some day im gonna know what its like to chance a hh instead of grinding one for weeks, hopefully in a more interesting league!!

maybe i should load up twitch while i chance things

one orb literally doubling your net worth must be a pretty good feeling lol

e: i just bought one, its pretty fun id say

mbt fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
RE: EE Chat.

I use it with skeleton mages since they all fire different elements. It does mean using haste instead of anger but I kind of prefer that.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

RE: EE Chat.

I use it with skeleton mages since they all fire different elements. It does mean using haste instead of anger but I kind of prefer that.

EE is a debuff that you yourself inflict through attacks - if you cast Fireball, the enemy has -cold -lightning.

Your minions can take advantage of that debuff, but they do not inflict the debuff themselves. So they aren't pingponging the EE types around fire-cold-lit-cold-lit-fire as they shotgun stuff. Or so my googling is telling me how EE works.

Totems apparently do use your passives, though.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Devor posted:

EE is a debuff that you yourself inflict through attacks - if you cast Fireball, the enemy has -cold -lightning.

Your minions can take advantage of that debuff, but they do not inflict the debuff themselves. So they aren't pingponging the EE types around fire-cold-lit-cold-lit-fire as they shotgun stuff. Or so my googling is telling me how EE works.

you are correct

analyzing RF totems is a good way to learn the legalese of poe. You take the Ancestral Bond keystone so you do zero damage (totem damage only) but when you cast spark that triggers EE for your RF totems. Because even if you do 0 damage it counts as a hit.

RF is a spell but doesn't deal spell damage, it deals degeneration which can't be blocked. Then you get into the whole "burning damage" vs "fire damage" thing

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

you are correct

analyzing RF totems is a good way to learn the legalese of poe. You take the Ancestral Bond keystone so you do zero damage (totem damage only) but when you cast spark that triggers EE for your RF totems. Because even if you do 0 damage it counts as a hit.

RF is a spell but doesn't deal spell damage, it deals degeneration which can't be blocked. Then you get into the whole "burning damage" vs "fire damage" thing

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. You can proc EO with selfcast stuff if you have Ancestral Bond but not EE. For EE you either need a trap or to not have Ancestral Bond.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Eminai posted:

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. You can proc EO with selfcast stuff if you have Ancestral Bond but not EE. For EE you either need a trap or to not have Ancestral Bond.

youre right i was thinking of eo

oh poe youre so wacky

VPS folks which is a bigger help: 6l qotf or 2 barrage proj on a not-tempest binding

mbt fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 7, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

at what point could I expect to do non-uber Atziri on a melee character? This is the first character I've gotten to maps and I can reliably do t11 maps if they don't roll a bullshit 2000%+ to crits mod, with about 5k each health and armor

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the bitcoin of weed posted:

at what point could I expect to do non-uber Atziri on a melee character? This is the first character I've gotten to maps and I can reliably do t11 maps if they don't roll a bullshit 2000%+ to crits mod, with about 5k each health and armor

how fast do you kill the bosses in t11s?

if it's like 2-3 seconds then probably now

if you do enough damage you don't even have to learn how her mechanics work

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
regular atziri is extremely faceroll, it's like a t3 map

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Devor posted:

Oh wow, thanks for the update, I feel dumb. I have been using arc to COH anyways so that does the trick. I guess that means I can run Anger then.

Edit: Between double cursing Elemental Weakness and Projectile Weakness, triggering EE, and triggering the 70% dmg bonus on Scourge, those arcs are doing some serious work. :stare:

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 7, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Oh wow, thanks for the update, I feel dumb. I have been using arc to COH anyways so that does the trick. I guess that means I can run Anger then.

Edit: Between double cursing Elemental Weakness and Projectile Weakness, triggering EE, and triggering the 70% dmg bonus on Scourge, those arcs are doing some serious work. :stare:

Anger will make your Arc do fire damage, which gives enemies +25% fire and lightning resist and -50% cold resist.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Unless you link Anger with Generosity.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Unless you link Anger with Generosity.

Oh duh, yeah that works.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

youre right i was thinking of eo

oh poe youre so wacky

VPS folks which is a bigger help: 6l qotf or 2 barrage proj on a not-tempest binding

Well, +2 barrage does nothing for your VPS, if that's what you're asking.

6L and +2 hat are both roughly 50% more damage for barrage, so take your pick.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

I mean it's not a particularly complex fight. Don't stand in the glowing red circles, don't attack the clone with a mirror. That's pretty much it.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

terrified of my bathroom posted:

oh I figured it'd be some kind of hard, I just didn't want to waste my only set of sacrifice fragments

how fast do you kill the bosses in t11s?

if it's like 2-3 seconds then probably now

definitely not this much damage. I'm still saving up to 6link my primary skill/get some better rares

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the bitcoin of weed posted:

oh I figured it'd be some kind of hard, I just didn't want to waste my only set of sacrifice fragments

definitely not this much damage. I'm still saving up to 6link my primary skill/get some better rares

sac sets are like 7c, jump in there hombre

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

terrified of my bathroom posted:

level-wise yes but everything in there is much much harder than normal t3 mobs

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Whoever was asking about Vaal Temple: Depending on the map mods, it can be harder than Shaper by a healthy margin.

Of course, it can also be straight impossible with a few combinations of mods.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

dumb posted:

should I use another divine orb on it

i thought turning the 53% one i bought for cheap into a 93% one in 1 divine was good, between finding out perfect rolls exist and craigk getting a loving hh MY DAY IS RUINED

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i thought turning the 53% one i bought for cheap into a 93% one in 1 divine was good, between finding out perfect rolls exist and craigk getting a loving hh MY DAY IS RUINED

This is when you ironically spam the chat with screams of "vaal it!" so that you can see other people throw their good luck away.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

me in poe

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Awesome! posted:

level-wise yes but everything in there is much much harder than normal t3 mobs

that's fair

they did say they were consistently clearing t11's tho they'll be fine

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Regular Atziri isn't necessarily a mechanically demanding fight, but the gimmicks are still bad enough that *most* builds probably won't be able to faceroll it the very first time. Power creep aside, you can still get hosed.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mr. Despair posted:

This is when you ironically spam the chat with screams of "vaal it!" so that you can see other people throw their good luck away.

i did but craigk did NOT do it for he is a coward

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey what's the math look like on point blank + far shot?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Hey what's the math look like on point blank + far shot?

There's a donut where PB is at maximum negative effect but beforefar shot kicks in. Fortunately most things don't exist in that donut.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vasudus posted:

There's a donut where PB is at maximum negative effect but beforefar shot kicks in. Fortunately most things don't exist in that donut.

Wow, Far Shot requires you to hit things THAT far away to get any bonus damage?
e: wait where are you getting this information from?

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 7, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

McFrugal posted:

Wow, Far Shot requires you to hit things THAT far away to get any bonus damage?
e: wait where are you getting this information from?

Like I said, it's a really narrow band. I've tested it with bosses that are stationary learning the quirks of my slayer build. I don't have any concrete numbers unfortunately, but you notice it while playing PB/Far Shot.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Vasudus posted:

Like I said, it's a really narrow band. I've tested it with bosses that are stationary learning the quirks of my slayer build. I don't have any concrete numbers unfortunately, but you notice it while playing PB/Far Shot.

But Point Blank's maximum negative effect is offscreen. It hits -50% at 150 units, and the edge of the screen pointed horizontally is about 90 units.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do any of you find yourselves entirely skipping bosses on maps? I've heard some people do that for whatever reason but isn't that a major loss in potential profit/map sustain?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I dont because the point of this game is to go through an area then beat the boss

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Bosses don't take long enough for me to sperg about the efficiency, honestly.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kinda what I figured, just making sure there wasn't some major trade secret I missed. :)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I skip bosses when leveling characters in lower tier maps if I don't have great single target, not like I care about sustaining my t7 maps or whatever.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Vasudus posted:

The max bonus of far shot is less than the max penalty of point blank, so there should be a point (probably off screen) where any further does less damage in general. But I don't think anyone has bothered coming up with hard numbers on far shot's distance scaling.

Also they scale off slightly different things. Far Shot is distance traveled rather than range. Spectral Throw does more damage on the return trip, tornado shot sub projectiles do less damage close to where they split, chained projectiles do much damage regardless of where they chain to.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 7, 2017

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
How cool are spectral throw builds compared to say any old wander or bow person

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Much cooler thanks to Mtx. Not as good unless you get super good gear though.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
So I'm once again looking for upgrades for my tornado shot raider. I've got 120c to throw around. I'd like suggestions.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters

Swapping to Bisco's left me really deprived of int and str, and I had to take nodes to alleviate the problem. If it's possible I'd like an equipment based solution to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
This is probably common sense to most players running maps, but I had a bit of an epiphany last night. Rather than doing a single map, then identifying loot, selling loot, organising maps, etc. I go to my stash, drop everything in my inventory into the first tab (labeled dump) and then jump straight into the next map. I do this until my dump tab is full and then I mass identify and sell/organise everything.

As I said, it's probably common sense to most, but it was a break through for me, and the increase in my currency generation is probably 3 fold.

Also, having just bought the premium stash tabs bundle, having a 1 chaos b/o tab is fantastic to chuck in rares that may be worth something.