Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ironic Twist posted:

I'm sure Dana will have a nuanced and respectful take on this

"Effective immediately mens flyweight has been merged with the womens."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
close the flyweight division

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
apparently buying even more shares of a company you own is a "pump and dump", more quality analysis from the business goon

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Cut this card into pieces /
Due to injury of bort

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
UFC doing so badly that wme bought more of the company for more money, rip folks.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
rip flyweight

rip any chance I had of convincing my wife to let me day drink and watch the fights while she takes care of the kids as well

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

That's a bummer, was looking forward to seeing DJ break the record.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
As a twofer this means now Nunes has to main one event removed from Dana being Nunes will never main again, due to pulling out due to illness. This isn't Dana's day.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The PPV Queen Amanda Nunes ready to step up once again.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
All cards in Alberta are cursed. This one, UFC 149, and the WEC one where Kamal Shalorus kicked Jamie Varner in the dick twenty times and got the fight scored as a draw when he probably should have lost every round.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

attackmole posted:

All cards in Alberta are cursed. This one, UFC 149, and the WEC one where Kamal Shalorus kicked Jamie Varner in the dick twenty times and got the fight scored as a draw when he probably should have lost every round.

that last one rules tho

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

RIP Ryan Jimmo :smith:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Cejudo is on the card. And reis. Step up bro/s. See if you can beat your old records of time survived.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Really lovely for MM. I imagine he wants to get the record safely behind him so that he can move on to fights with higher profiles and bigger paydays.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

Really lovely for MM. I imagine he wants to get the record safely behind him so that he can move on to fights with higher profiles and bigger paydays.

its his own fuckin fault

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ray borg was gonna miss weight again

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Skip My Posts posted:

Yeah it's a bad opponent to try to pad your record with.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Memento posted:

I'm sure Dana will allow DJ that opportunity and not be extremely petty and have him fight Chase Beebe's son on the 3rd fight from the bottom on a FXX prelim to a Hungarian PPV

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Young, Fun and Full of Cum: The Fertitta Story

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

If anyone needs a refresher on DJ's side of the story regarding the TJ fight it can be found here

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...me-to-speak-out

To me it sounds more like MM was tired of getting jerked around and put his foot down on this one after wanting to initially fight Cody, being told it wouldn't sell, being told to fight Borg, agreeing to, and then suddenly being told to fight TJ specifically to help build TJ's profile.

Reis vs Cejudo has been moved up to the main card apparently.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

Yep. "Not weight cut related" my arse

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Sounds like he is paying the price for ducking a good opponent in order to pad a record that nobody cares about by fighting ray borg. Just my opinion but also I'm right and if you disagree you don't know poo poo about mma.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
FWIW Forbes is extrapolating the valuation from this deal, but it was a previous agreement. The Fertitta's took less of the buyout in exchange for a minority interest that was going to pay them out over two years. WME bought them out early and paid a premium to do so.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Work Friend Keven posted:

Sounds like he is paying the price for ducking a good opponent in order to pad a record that nobody cares about by fighting ray borg. Just my opinion but also I'm right and if you disagree you don't know poo poo about mma.

you're the best, keven

also tbh Johnson/Borg was still probably going to be the 4th best fight on that card, if not the 5th best. Magny/Dos Anjos will be fun, Latifi/Pedro will probably end quickly and violently, Melendez/Stephens will probably end less quickly and more violently.

Lid posted:

As a twofer this means now Nunes has to main one event removed from Dana being Nunes will never main again, due to pulling out due to illness. This isn't Dana's day.

good

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
a coward dies a thousand times before his death

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Especially if he trains with TJ.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Ngannou + DJ = Card Saved

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I do think it's funny that in a period where the Middleweight belt is being defended against a retired welterweight (having previously been defended against an old man) the lightweight belt will never be defended, and the light heavyweight champ got busted for cold war era steroids against a short, old fat man, somehow people reserve most of their scorn for MM. Dude actually has haters.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Ray "The Tazmexican Devil" Borg is going to win

mewse
May 2, 2006

Congratulations DJ on sending the influenza to disable Ray Bort

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/TJDillashaw/status/906023143998767104

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

[waving a lit torch along the walls of the WME-IMG pyramid tomb to decode the heiroglyphic scrawl] Incredible... Evidently they buried Ray "The Tazmexican Devil" Borg here and venerated him for defeating the mouse god and bringing great wealth

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hopefully ray borg wasnt anywhere near nunes

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
im sorry,,, im so so sorry. god no!!! please!!! why couldnt it be me who got a stuffy nose and not ray borg or amanda nunes!!!!!!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[waving a lit torch along the walls of the WME-IMG pyramid tomb to decode the heiroglyphic scrawl] Incredible... Evidently they buried Ray "The Tazmexican Devil" Borg here and venerated him for defeating the mouse god and bringing great wealth

Lmao

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Fat Twitter Man posted:

apparently buying even more shares of a company you own is a "pump and dump", more quality analysis from the business goon

He's talking about the Fertitta bros I would think.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Fat Twitter Man posted:

They are buying it to give to Conor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MMA fan: I don't think it's possible for a PPV to sell less than UFC 174's 115k
Ray Borg: Hold my beer
and big mac
and double fries
and tiramasu

• Locked thread