Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

veni veni veni posted:

So is Lance Reddick just in every game now?

Really, at this point we need a game of The Wire by Telltale.

Seedge posted:

Hopefully both him and Gideon Emery.

And a Laundry Files one with him voicing Bob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fil5000 posted:

I never knew I wanted this until just now :stwoon:.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Digirat posted:

Something about destiny 2 seems off to me. I enjoyed borderlands 1 and 2 a lot so it seems like it should be right up my alley, but everything I watch of it looks really uninspiring, which is weird because destiny 1 looked pretty attractive to me. The graphics (environments in particular) seem more bland and desaturated than what I saw of 1 somehow? Maybe it will seem better when it's at 60 FPS.

I might be waiting for monster hunter world for the next game to get hooked on.

I enjoyed borderlands and didn't like Destiny 1. it's not a fun world to explore. It's a bunch of spacious, lifeless backdrops meant to be populated with MMO bullshit mobs so you can run around the same area 100 times. They even look nice, there is just something about Destiny that is so devoid of life or personality or anything interesting to latch on to it's hard to describe.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I never knew I wanted this until just now :stwoon:.

Sergeant Landsman will remember that.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hopefully people have asked this before but has anyone else seen their ps4 just randomly eject the disc and then not accept another for awhile? Mine does it periodically (whether on or in standby) for random discs apropos of nothing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

iajanus posted:

Hopefully people have asked this before but has anyone else seen their ps4 just randomly eject the disc and then not accept another for awhile? Mine does it periodically (whether on or in standby) for random discs apropos of nothing.

If it sounds like it's constantly ejecting and/or it beeps when it happens then it is probably the crappy eject button.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

If it sounds like it's constantly ejecting and/or it beeps when it happens then it is probably the crappy eject button.

Cool, any fix I cando rather that just call on Monday for a repair? Always thought the buttons on the thing are terrible.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I miss the original psx buttons

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

iajanus posted:

Cool, any fix I cando rather that just call on Monday for a repair? Always thought the buttons on the thing are terrible.

I went through a bunch of suggested fixes with mine and nothing would last, if you are willing to send it for repairs you'll probably have to eventually.

I ended up getting one of the newer models without that design flaw.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Macarius Wrench posted:

I miss the original psx buttons

Those big round friendly buttons that made a satisfying noise when you pressed them? Yeah, those were great.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I went through a bunch of suggested fixes with mine and nothing would last, if you are willing to send it for repairs you'll probably have to eventually.

I ended up getting one of the newer models without that design flaw.

Cheers, might do so asap. Any idea if they'd wipe my data if I do?

These buttons are the worst I've seen in memory, they're barely functional, impossible to discern which is which, and just garbage in general. Great work, Sony.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Fil5000 posted:

Those big round friendly buttons that made a satisfying noise when you pressed them? Yeah, those were great.

Yeah, gamecube had great buttons too. Every other console I've used - bad buttons

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Macarius Wrench posted:

Yeah, gamecube had great buttons too. Every other console I've used - bad buttons

The big mechanical switches on the old Nintendo/Sega consoles were great. Never any doubt about it being on.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Also lol live chat is literally only available during business hours Mon to Friday. So helpful.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
The nes buttons were awful because my little cousin accidentally hit the reset button when I was on the last level of Bart vs the space mutants.

I've also just realised that game pre-dated me watching the simpsons by about 7 years.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

One of my first consoles was the Sega Master System, which has the pause button located on the console itself.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Blew my mind when I went to my 2nd cousins house and their master system came with a game already on it that didn't need a cartridge.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

iajanus posted:

Cheers, might do so asap. Any idea if they'd wipe my data if I do?

These buttons are the worst I've seen in memory, they're barely functional, impossible to discern which is which, and just garbage in general. Great work, Sony.

Yeah you wanna back it up.

Its probably gonna be cheaper to just buy a new slim and dump yours at gamestop. They'll refurb it and warranty it for the next buyer so theres no guilt

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

It's a bit lovely for Bungie to make shaders consumable but I'm crying that people are boycotting the entire game over it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm boycotting Destiny 2 because it looks boring as gently caress

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fil5000 posted:

You cannot lose if you do not play (a poorly-written Telltale game)

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm boycotting Destiny 2 because it looks boring as gently caress
On the contrary, it's actually good and fun.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You cannot lose if you do not play (a poorly-written Telltale game)

Just get David Simon to write it!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Raffles posted:

It's a bit lovely for Bungie to make shaders consumable but I'm crying that people are boycotting the entire game over it.

It's got infinitely repeatable microtransactions in it, what other reason do you need to not buy a game

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

I played the beta and it seemed fun so my current plan is to buy the game and then infinitely not buy the microtransactions.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Destiny is the first game in years that I've made a reasoned adult decision not to buy until I've cleared some half finished gam...

Who am I kidding I'm gonna get the PC version.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Instant Grat posted:

It's got infinitely repeatable microtransactions in it, what other reason do you need to not buy a game

So does Overwatch, which is perfectly enjoyable without ever having to spend a cent on loot boxes. Just giving people the option to throw away their money doesn't make a game inherently bad.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

I enjoyed borderlands and didn't like Destiny 1. it's not a fun world to explore. It's a bunch of spacious, lifeless backdrops meant to be populated with MMO bullshit mobs so you can run around the same area 100 times. They even look nice, there is just something about Destiny that is so devoid of life or personality or anything interesting to latch on to it's hard to describe.

This is a good reminder to me not to get Destiny 2. I played 1 for a while, realized that Borderlands' loot model was much more generous and in a world full of far more personality and ended up just getting the pre-sequel and annoying that despite the mediocre reception.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Instant Grat posted:

I find pre-order bonuses, especially retailer specific ones, far more obnoxious than infinitely repeatable microtransactions (for an item I never used in Destiny1), but if I boycotted games based on that I'd miss out on far too many games I want to play.

I have no objections to other people doing so though. What does amuse me is that the big Reddit thread I saw about the issue is calling on people to not spend any money on microtransactions until they change the way shaders work (rather than boycott the game)... which suggests the people involved would otherwise be spending money on microtransactions for stuff that isn't specifically shaders, which kind of indicates a tacit support of microtransactions in general.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 8, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The only "micro transaction" I'm interested in is repeatedly buying Battleborn when it's on sale using my infinite alt accounts.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

doingitwrong posted:

This is a good reminder to me not to get Destiny 2. I played 1 for a while, realized that Borderlands' loot model was much more generous and in a world full of far more personality and ended up just getting the pre-sequel and annoying that despite the mediocre reception.

To be fair Destiny 2 loot is a lot more generous

I mean as was D1 towards the end, but even then I feel it's better than that

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gravy Jones posted:

I find pre-order bonuses, especially retailer specific ones, far more obnoxious than infinitely repeatable microtransactions (for an item I never used in Destiny1), but if I boycotted games based on that I'd miss out on far too many games I want to play.

I have no objections to other people doing so though. What does amuse me is that the big Reddit thread I saw about the issue is calling on people to not spend any money on microtransactions until they change the way shaders work (rather than boycott the game)... which suggests the people involved would otherwise be spending money on microtransactions for stuff that isn't specifically shaders, which kind of indicates a tacit support of microtransactions in general.

Somehow loot boxes are actually a selling point now. It probably won't be too long until some unlucky game gets blasted for not having them.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you like borderlands thats fine but pretending it had a generous loot model compared to literally anything is bananas.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

rabidsquid posted:

if you like borderlands thats fine but pretending it had a generous loot model compared to literally anything is bananas.

They patched the rates to be better, and at least you were constantly getting drops. In vanilla Destiny just finding a new gun was rare.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Borderlands literally has slot machines to help find decent guns and the pre-sequel is incredibly ugly.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
The borderlands games are really fun and have a bizarre anti fandom amongst goons.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

One of my first consoles was the Sega Master System, which has the pause button located on the console itself.

Something I can appreciate when playing fighting games with friends.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Macarius Wrench posted:

The borderlands games are really fun and have a bizarre anti fandom amongst goons.

I like Borderlands 2, which pretty much obsoleted the first game, but The Pre-Sequel is rear end.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am very much a fan of Borderlands and if BL3 is some big sprawling visit tons of borderworlds big madness then I would enjoy that quite a lot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

Borderlands has a huge repertoire of guaranteed drop red text blues with strange and interesting properties. You will never want for weird cool guns that you can build around. Then if you are lucky a bunch of even more cool legendaries which you can grind for if that's your thing. Destiny 1 had piles and piles of generic guns called like "x021R Pulse" The exotics were very hard to get and in all the time I played, I think I got one or two armor chests. I literally can't remember anything about my gear in Destiny. I think one of my exotic armors gave me an extra grenade?