Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

JethroMcB posted:

I signed up for Stitcher Premium due to the Labor Day deal. Jesus Christ, this service sucks. The app is functionally terrible, catalog navigation is unwieldy and stuff that I can find on the app (First half off Superego S3) isn't on the website. What a mess.

I'm guessing there's no way to download and keep the stuff, is there?

Rss and 3rd party podcast addict app is my solution to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

JethroMcB posted:

I signed up for Stitcher Premium due to the Labor Day deal. Jesus Christ, this service sucks. The app is functionally terrible, catalog navigation is unwieldy and stuff that I can find on the app (First half off Superego S3) isn't on the website. What a mess.

I'm guessing there's no way to download and keep the stuff, is there?

I really didn't think it would be so bad because goons are notorious for over exaggerating UI concerns...but if anything it's even worse than they've described.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

mennoknight posted:

Rss and 3rd party podcast addict app is my solution to this.

How do you get the rss feeds

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tarranon posted:

I really didn't think it would be so bad because goons are notorious for over exaggerating UI concerns...but if anything it's even worse than they've described.

If you're going to put your content behind a paywall you better be drat sure people can consume it as easily as they did when it was free. You can't charge people and make it worse. I'm not bothering with stitcher since the howl app was so bad and never improved, they lost me because of that.

DirtyCheeseburgers
Apr 15, 2003

College Slice

Terror Sweat posted:

How do you get the rss feeds

Sticher RSS Feeds

This is unofficial but gently caress the sticher app is trash. But through this now I have Teacher's Lounge (now a weekly release!) in my standard podcast app.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1HXv5Dw9Xk

I'm enjoying this old and extremely real twitter fight with everyone's favorite HH cohost again

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I wonder what happened with him and PFT

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

IIRC legend is their friendship soured after some pilot they were working on together imploded.

e: did some sluething, this is the only time I've ever seen Tom mention it https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3gr6ba/we_are_tom_scharpling_and_jon_wurster_from/cu0qzxw/

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 9, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The pilot was Evil Genius. Comedy Central passed on it before they filmed anything. Tom had an AMA post that basically said that they went their separate ways afterwards and for people to stop asking either of them about it.

They both seem to have the tendency of holding onto weird grudges. It’s just odd that neither person has taken a direct shot at the other over the course of several years in their small corner of the entertainment world. I’ve always hoped they were doing a dumb bit like Tom’s mini-Heidecker fueds, but that is pretty unlikely at this point.

Edit:

Scharpling (~2 years ago) posted:

I had no idea anybody would ask about this. Just kidding.

I’m not gonna give specifics on anything between me and PFT because that’s our business but trust me, it’s SO much less interesting than you could ever imagine. Just real life stuff that happens in real life.

People occasionally stop talking to each other. It happens. I would be shocked if anybody reading this didn’t have anyone in their life that they’re currently not talking to for whatever reason.

I will say that Paul is and will always be one of the funniest people I have ever seen, both as a fan and as a guest on the show, and he’s a seriously decent and good guy. I want nothing but the best for him in every way, and I’ll always be grateful for the laffs that we made together.

And PLEASE leave him alone about this stuff. And while you’re at it, leave me alone about it too! You got your answer, you vultures!

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 9, 2017

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
That's at least a little satisfying.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
At least that feud gave us (or maybe just me) the memory of reading on here someone recounting the feud including "even their wives unfollowed each other" in the retelling.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I remember reading speculation years ago that there was either infidelity (worst case scenario) or someone may have said something negative about the other’s wife after the pilot fell apart.

Seems unlikely after Scharpling made that semi-positive public comment, but they are both incredibly protective of their wives. If the bad blood included Terre T or Janie in any way, they will probably never talk to each other again.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It has to end with them fighting to the death on a roof or a skyscraper, with one of them saying "We're not so different, you and I...."

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Speaking of Tom stuff that isn’t a total bummer, my favorite live-action thing he did was for the Postal Service’s ten year anniversary rerelease of Give Up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVLdrGsbQng

The bit is that several other people auditioned for a spot in the band before Ben Gibbard. There are a bunch of guest stars that give little glimpses of how a bizarro-world version of the band would have turned out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DirtyCheeseburgers posted:

Sticher RSS Feeds

This is unofficial but gently caress the sticher app is trash. But through this now I have Teacher's Lounge (now a weekly release!) in my standard podcast app.

Thanks for this. And yeah, as lousy as Stitcher is Teacher's Lounge is so drat good it makes it all worth it. Only up to episode three but it is relentless. Highlight so far is the story of Todd getting roasted as the basketball game halftime show.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Where's Tom..:that's just Wurster!!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Strong CBB with Nathan, Betsy, and Hines. Nathan gets so quiet...

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
"That's not what's happening and you are crazy for thinking it"

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The MaxFun defector Colin announced that this week’s HH will be released later than normal for some undisclosed reason. He said it should be up by around 1pm Eastern time.

Edit: It’s up.

Edit 2: It was a pretty boring episode to me. there were a couple of decent bit in the last half, but overall one of my least favorite episodes of the show.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 12, 2017

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

DirtyCheeseburgers posted:

Sticher RSS Feeds

is this not working for anyone else? it shows, for instance, ep 201 (aug 30) as the newest HH and 506 (aug 27) as the newest CBB, etc

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Thank you HH for giving me the tools I need to finally communicate to my League partners: I love you, but I'm not in love with you

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I can't believe the thread didn't explode with joy for this week's i4h. A solo Armen episode, I thought it was beautiful. I know lots of people here don't find intentionally bad improv that funny, but I thought it was a great treat.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Oh this thread didn't react to an earwolf podcast? In this, the earwolf podcast thread? Weird. Wonder what the issue is.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

The Cynical Podcast Guy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet because I didn't think the Charlie Brown/Batman vs Superman Armen episodes were very good (The Whiplash/Christmas Carol ones were great though)

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

ManoliIsFat posted:

I can't believe the thread didn't explode with joy for this week's i4h. A solo Armen episode, I thought it was beautiful. I know lots of people here don't find intentionally bad improv that funny, but I thought it was a great treat.

I just listened to it, it's amazing, I get why people wouldn't be into it though.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

Oh this thread didn't react to an earwolf podcast? In this, the earwolf podcast thread? Weird. Wonder what the issue is.
Everyone hates Besser and want more catchphrases and callbacks?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Armen ep was great.

"this is my least favorite day of the year"

"9/11?"

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Got em. loving got em

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
The Armen ep was great but I didn't have anything to say about it ...just how I feel.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Don't bring up 9/11 or Paul F Tompkins any more.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i liked it but it probably would have been better with a couple more people talking

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

i liked it but it probably would have been better with a couple more people talking

Maybe, but I feel like it would disrupt the constant awkward pauses after Armen says something that Besser doesn't like.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I love Matt Besser and am ambivalent towards Keven, because it must be sad having nothing to enjoy.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Franchescanado posted:

I love Matt Besser and am ambivalent towards Keven, because it must be sad having nothing to enjoy.

Blocking people is fun, though I wish quoted text would also be blocked.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Terror Sweat posted:

I sort of think the Armen/Besser dynamic works better one on one because Besser isn't ignoring the other people to poo poo on Armen.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Don't bring up 9/11 or Paul F Tompkins any more.

You think he stole that from Chaplin?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

ManoliIsFat posted:

You think he stole that from Chaplin?

Did PFT steal wearing a suit from Chaplin?

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

bump_fn posted:

is this not working for anyone else? it shows, for instance, ep 201 (aug 30) as the newest HH and 506 (aug 27) as the newest CBB, etc

Same :ohdear: please don't make me go back to the stitcher app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Unofficial Stitcher RSS is kind of weird for me, last night I couldn't access any of The Teacher's Lounge but could get Wild Horses: The Perspective no problem. Today it all works fine. I just checked and I am seeing the newest CBB and HH episodes in my feed...I'd chalk it up to the "Unofficial" part and try again later.

Also, my God, Teacher's Lounge. Go get Stitcher Premium and get on this if you haven't (Make sure you sign up for the "Bad Deal.") I didn't believe the hype every time it was mentioned in the thread previously, but it lives up to and exceeds it. I can't believe they haven't promoted it or made mention of the new season starting on any mainline Earwolf show lately.