Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Taintrunner posted:

thanks for reminding me I could be watching something else, agent 47

Yeah. You can watch Boone The Bounty Hunter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

MassRafTer posted:

It's ok to do that when you have double their audience.
GFW has double the audience of the DVD of the HItman movie I found on a stoop last weekend? I guess that checks out.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Edge & Christian posted:

GFW has double the audience of the DVD of the HItman movie I found on a stoop last weekend? I guess that checks out.

That DVD beats out the people who still care about LU, yeah

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
how is this stupid loving company real

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Waiting for the Observer to be posted. So I am bored.

Apparently, Scott D'Amore was the person who threw Jeff Jarrett under the bus. He's known for playing all sides.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

did they sign the loving k-foundation

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Waiting for the Observer to be posted. So I am bored.

Apparently, Scott D'Amore was the person who threw Jeff Jarrett under the bus. He's known for playing all sides.

Now that's the kinda loyalty Jarrett inspires. Nearly every person that's ever backed him or he put into strategic positions has turned on him. Impressive.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Luckily I was able to obtain some current footage from Anthem headquarters.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bigass Moth posted:

I don't think he'll get any government subsidies for a wrasslin show so no dice.

He will if they finally take Mike Tenay's advice and literally tear the roof off the Impact Zone and makes the wrestlers wrestle with solar panels all over their body.

You know ultimately I'm really glad this bad company finds a way to hit a new low, roughly twice a year. I think I actually need it to keep going forever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's amazing they don't have tapings scheduled for this weekend. Or a house show in Miami, just something to be impacted by the biggest hurricane ever.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

MassRafTer posted:

It's amazing they don't have tapings scheduled for this weekend. Or a house show in Miami, just something to be impacted by the biggest hurricane ever.

Helms doesn't work there anymore right? They totally would have tried to force him to do something stupid during it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Much like that old story about WWE signing the wrong one legged wrestler, Anthem wanted the KLF and signed Ricardo Da Force and Tammy Wynette and paid top dollar to their estates .

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Wrestle circus is tweeting about Impact

It's happening

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rhonne posted:

Helms doesn't work there anymore right? They totally would have tried to force him to do something stupid during it.

No, Shane Helms is making fun of them on twitter too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wrestle circus is tweeting about Impact

It's happening

Seems like they're just tweeting about a wrestler from Impact who had Impact in their handle. Am I missing something?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nordholm confirmed on Observer Radio that Del Rio is back at Bound For Glory

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Chris James 2 posted:

What's That Guy We Fired doing in the Impact Zone?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Bound For Bankruptcy

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

What. The gently caress?!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

???? how why

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Luigi Thirty posted:

???? how why
lol do you even have to ask

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Phenix Rising posted:

Seems like they're just tweeting about a wrestler from Impact who had Impact in their handle. Am I missing something?

I was being facetious but you have to admit the wrestle circus owners would be exactly the type to go "imagine what we could do with that infrastructure/library"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

???? how why

Rovert was right. A legitimate thing they were trying to do was Del Rio vs Jarrett but welp

It's still expected that when he comes back, the overall angle will be the same, which is "he's pissed and feels he got suspended unfairly and management has it out for him" but idk where it'll lead besides maybe "him getting the belt back" lmao

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Something I learned today is that they were shooting a documentary about Jarrett and creative since June following them behind the scenes.

I'd imagine it'll never see the light of day now though.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

Something I learned today is that they were shooting a documentary about Jarrett and creative since June following them behind the scenes.

Finish it, title it The Self-Destruction of Jeff Jarrett, and put it on PPV.

Best selling TNA PPV ever.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Finish it, title it The Self-Destruction of Jeff Jarrett, and put it on PPV.

Best selling TNA PPV ever.

Why not add a disc or two to his 4-disc TNA DVD release?? We need 6 discs to truly capture Double J's TNA career

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
whats el hijo del patron doing in the impact zone????

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHw3GYt7fTU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I don't know if it counts for anything but Ed Nordholm just did a big-rear end long interview with Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez and stated unequivocally that Anthem isn't trying to sell Impact/GFW

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 9, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I edited that link out because it's a complete version of one of their paid/subscriber-only shows, please don't link those even if they are incredibly easy to find online, thanks.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was being facetious but you have to admit the wrestle circus owners would be exactly the type to go "imagine what we could do with that infrastructure/library"

...lose their rear end on it like everyone else who has owned TNA/GFW/???

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It would be strange to have all these services starting up (although I don't know why they're acting like the Pluto thing is new, there's been a TNA channel for a while) and sell just when some money theoretically is coming in, especially when they're all done with partners and the primary buyer is going to shut the company down and probably not want things like Pluto, that has a ton of other Anthem content, to continue.

But also it wouldn't be the weirdest thing the company ever did, either.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Re: Buying TNA

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/905902969404751873

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sotar posted:

...lose their rear end on it like everyone else who has owned TNA/GFW/???

buying TNA is like being a ninja in an action movie.

Sure, the hero just killed ten of you in a row, but you are sure YOU will be the one to win

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I imagine the logic behind buying TNA is something like this:

"Well ok, Dixie Carter managed to build this thing into something that got over a million TV viewers every week, surely I can do better than Dixie!"

This logic ignores that the wrestling business when TNA was growing is very different from the business today, and that TNA as a company is more or less the most toxic thing in wrestling.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/906530268726550528

:thunk:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

What about a portapotty

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So Jeff Jerret will be back? The guy on WOR suggested he will.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/EdNordholm/status/906546031281754112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I imagine the logic behind buying TNA is something like this:

"Well ok, Dixie Carter managed to build this thing into something that got over a million TV viewers every week, surely I can do better than Dixie!"

This logic ignores that the wrestling business when TNA was growing is very different from the business today, and that TNA as a company is more or less the most toxic thing in wrestling.

Not to mention Dixie Carter was backed by Panda Energy which was willing to lose a bit of money for a while to keep her busy.

And really, if you have that kind of money to lose by backing a wrestling promotion for several years, you should still probably just make your own.