Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Charging is also fine if you see long lines of Salmonids that aren't right in your face, which the doors on this map help encourage. Charging is also good for getting hits on eels, scrappers, and drizzlers, so charging isn't something that you should never do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ZeButler posted:

Charging is also fine if you see long lines of Salmonids that aren't right in your face, which the doors on this map help encourage. Charging is also good for getting hits on eels, scrappers, and drizzlers, so charging isn't something that you should never do.

Unless there is literally nothing else to kill i rarely even charge for those and will instead just drop a bomb or drop ink on other trash while waiting for the clean shot to come up.

geshp
Jun 20, 2004

my cufflinks fell in the snow and I can't be bothered to pick them up
never knew this game was so political

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I just discovered my personal hell and it's a steelhead standing next to the basket while I'm holding the sploosh :bang:

E: I got revenge by killing 4 of em in a later round

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 9, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

just had a tower control match where half the enemy team had tenta missiles and i want to die

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

geshp posted:

never knew this game was so political

#noteverypearlfan

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How do you use a roller well? My biggest issue with them is ammo. With pretty much every other weapon I lay my trail out before me, swim through it and shoot again, but you can't do that with a roller and use it effectively. What happens when you run out of ammo?

Also, I've been using mainly the first N-Zap, and I'm really liking it though I've felt the change in the Ink Armor, I'm pretty pleased all around that I'm finally getting the hang of flanking. Before my connection died out I led 3 matches to victory almost pushing me up to C in Splat Zones. I imagine it's your bread and butter on higher levels but no one seems to realize that when I run away from them all I'm doing is circling around that box and coming up from behind.

Someone who really uses them should speak up on that, I more know the kind of aggressiveness they have when they got any room to work with and how to deal with it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I really don't like this current map rotation in Tower control.

Also holy poo poo, did all the Tri-Slosher players flock to the Octobrush? I'm seriously considering picking up the Aerospray just to defang them, because no one values map control in ranked.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 9, 2017

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also holy poo poo, did all the Tri-Slosher players flock to the Octobrush? I'm seriously considering picking up the Aerospray just to defang them, because no one values map control in ranked.

Probably. It has similar killing power to the Tri Slosher when mashing the trigger, and the autobomb is real good. I actually feel like it kills a bit faster than the Tri Slosher, dunno how the range compares though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not sure about compared the Tri-Slosher but the Octobrush definitely has more range than you'd expect.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

squidgee posted:

Not having motion controls in other Switch games is driving me nuts after playing this non-stop.

Motion controls are good.

Yup, Destiny 2 is somewhat unplayable to me due to this. Use the Custom JR if you want to play support against octobrush users. The auto bomb helps sniff them out from ink as well.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 9, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The trislosher used to just barely outrange the octobrush so I could see a lot of people swapping to it

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Holy poo poo, with the custom shooty puff jr. plus the resurgence of the octobrush I've been seeing an absolute gently caress ton of autobombs recently.

It's gotten to the point where I'm hearing the drat things while walking around my house.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Art Academy is a weak rear end rainmaker map. They need more routes

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

In Training posted:

Yeah, there's like what, the ramp and the wall just after mid? Which are right next to each other.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Pearl is cute

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, there's like what, the ramp and the wall just after mid? Which are right next to each other.

There's also a box to the right of the wall, but they're all extremely close. No real side route to speak of.

Starfish Mainstage might be my favorite Rainmaker map.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah it's super limited. In that last stretch there's some options but still really cramped. Is it the smallest map?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's also a box to the right of the wall, but they're all extremely close. No real side route to speak of.

Starfish Mainstage might be my favorite Rainmaker map.

That box is only there in Tower Control.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zoran posted:

That box is only there in Tower Control.

Whoops haha

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I bit the bullet and adopted motion controls and holy gently caress what a difference it makes in Salmon Run. I went from floundering around in Go-getter to maxing out the bar in profreshional, I feel like TASbot sniping everything and laying down bombs in perfect precision to revive dead teammates. Still suck at turf wars for some reason though

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

In Training posted:

I got really confused the first time I played and there was no way up from the lower level onto the back flanking ramps

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

is it true that the Comeback ability gives you four stacks worth of Ink Saver (Main), Ink Saver (Sub), Ink Recovery Up, Run Speed Up, Swim Speed Up, and Special Charge Up for TWENTY SECONDS every time you die??

because if so loving lol why am i using last ditch effort

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

is it true that the Comeback ability gives you four stacks worth of Ink Saver (Main), Ink Saver (Sub), Ink Recovery Up, Run Speed Up, Swim Speed Up, and Special Charge Up for TWENTY SECONDS every time you die??

because if so loving lol why am i using last ditch effort

Yes that's true! I've seen a lot of really good players on pro teams on twitch advocate toward using it if you play shooter weapons. You should use not use it you play the "support" role.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

JackDarko posted:

Yes that's true! I've seen a lot of really good players on pro teams on twitch advocate toward using it if you play shooter weapons. You should use not use it you play the "support" role.

hmm. where would you draw the line at "support"? the weapons i use the most are hero shot replica, nzap 85, and i've started using the new custom splattershot jr (i feel this one is most likely to be support out of the three?? could be wrong)

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

hmm. where would you draw the line at "support"? the weapons i use the most are hero shot replica, nzap 85, and i've started using the new custom splattershot jr (i feel this one is most likely to be support out of the three?? could be wrong)

I think every gun there with the exception of the hero shot are usually used to fill the "support" role. If you're supporting that means you're focused on giving your team map control you should not be dying or playing aggressively so comeback makes less sense.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

N-Zaps should also try to build up that special meter so they can get Ink Armors off, especially after the special cost reduction they got.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

that makes sense. i think i need to reevaluate how i play as nzap and cssjr in ranked-- should i focus more on attacking from the sides and painting forward of the objective to give us turf advantage? i often find myself, for example, on the tower. i try not to get on it if we don't have team advantage but sometimes the thrill of battle overcomes me

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The Jr.s aren't really good killing weapons, as their range is very short. So it's very difficult to approach your targets in a lot of cases. I'd say inking turf, staying alive, and building up those specials are higher priorities than getting into fights.

The N-Zap has more combat potential due to more range, though ideally, you don't focus too much on that unless you spot a very good opportunity to do so.

For the kinds of weapons that can build up special real easily, and can stand on their own, I would say Special Charge Up is a lot better to have. (Get Tenacity if you stack a ridiculous amount of Special Charge Ups.)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

S rank is hard -_- been playing for like 6 hours and keep floating up and down trying to get to S+

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
How the hell do people see where I am jumping to if I have stealth jump gear?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Astro7x posted:

How the hell do people see where I am jumping to if I have stealth jump gear?

It only hides your spot from a certain distance.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Well that makes it completely worthless then...

I swear I am on the biggest losing streak of my life since the latest tweaks in the update. This is the poo poo that is making me just want to put it down and not play it anymore

Both games that I was finally winning I get a commmnications error too.

What the gently caress is going on...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

me too man but its more because Ive been jumping around weapons trying to find a new love. Im still digging the Rapid Blaster the most, but the Octobrush and Tentatek Jr seem cool

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Work on aim and try to not die I would suggest

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 10, 2017

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Astro7x posted:

Well that makes it completely worthless then...

I swear I am on the biggest losing streak of my life since the latest tweaks in the update. This is the poo poo that is making me just want to put it down and not play it anymore

Both games that I was finally winning I get a commmnications error too.

What the gently caress is going on...

Same, man. Something must have switched in my head or something, cus I went from all ok S ranks to to two A+'s, one of which has like three cracks and isn't even at OK yet. I used to have twice as many wins as losses, but now it's almost to the complete opposite. Really kills my motivation to keep playing, which probably makes me play worse.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I've been having the exact opposite experience since the patch. Of course, all of the stuff I use was buffed. (Aerospray / Sloshing Machine / 52 Gal)

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
from the JP splatfest:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just remember in the last game on the Wii U that I had the timing of my weapons down. I knew if I was using the roller I could take a specific path, get my special by a specific part of the map, and then have the ability to push forward with it. Then they change things and I am finding that all my weapons are coming up short of getting their special by just enough to piss me off. It's like the same poo poo after this update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
Maybe it was just the leader board reverting to default values or something, but I had a level 1 player disconnect from my ranked game :stare: The three of us fought admirably into overtime, though.