Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

BoneMonkey posted:

So I got a 50% off and spent real money on fake money.

I now have the prettiest rhino. (all I bought was the colour palette and the edo plates. Got the best Rhino Helm in a mission and the Fargor skin too.) When I channel melee I'm like a loving Christmas tree, its amazing!

Congrats on reaching the endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

WebDO posted:

Someone get an Angstrum for me and I'll buy it at a reasonable price, I'll be working too much to get ducats

Apparently this one isn't tradeable, unless that's been hotfixed

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rhino Prime is gorgeous and copying his color scheme for Soma Prime and Aksomati is the best 30 seconds you'll ever spend in Fashion Frame.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bright pink on everything or you're not rhinoing right

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Digirat posted:

I made Saryns spores pink and they look like those Hostess sno balls

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just said gently caress it and bought the Arca Plasmor and it's my new favorite gun. Innate AoE punchthrough, does great damage, comes with two Madurai slots, and VAPORIZES ENEMIES. :hellyeah:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Echophonic posted:

I just said gently caress it and bought the Arca Plasmor and it's my new favorite gun. Innate AoE punchthrough, does great damage, comes with two Madurai slots, and VAPORIZES ENEMIES. :hellyeah:

The recoil animation is pretty sweet too. I am really considering spending 550 plat on the whole bundle cause I love corpus style armor sets.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Digirat posted:

I donno mate, I've gone black and grey with orange accents. I look like a knight hosed a wreaking ball and dressed the resulting child in fairy lights.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Broose posted:

The recoil animation is pretty sweet too. I am really considering spending 550 plat on the whole bundle cause I love corpus style armor sets.

I considered that, but that set is a little weird and bulky. Sticks out a ton.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
New player wondering if there are weapon and or warframe tier lists anyone can suggest.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Boozie posted:

New player wondering if there are weapon and or warframe tier lists anyone can suggest.

The frames are all good boys and girls

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Boozie posted:

Yes, with heavy qualifications:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qvJYN9hpPMVePewg6zYhFXTIZqHyR1Gi9dDCfnF0wi4/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

This google doc is a good resource for a new player in terms of getting an idea of relative power and an idea of how to build weapons/frames. It is however misleading when it uses terms like viable and non-viable. Warframe really isn't that kind of game. Warframe is about finding new and exciting ways to break the power curve over your knee, not struggling to clear. It's about DEGREE of overpowered.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
It would also help if you know what your preferred methods of killing enemies are. If you like to hit a button repeatedly to kill things, you can do overpowered melee builds with most melee weapons or use Excalibur. If you like to press a button and destroy hundreds of enemies at a time Ember or Nova are worth looking into. If you like to shoot mans the weapon list gives you everything from snipers to shotguns to rocket launchers to looking like a drat Sith lord shooting lightning everywhere.

The reason it's important to figure out how you like to have fun is that in the end you're going to spend a LOT of time killing stuff as you farm for more shinies and more ways to kill stuff in particular ways, and that's really where Warframe does shine in its satisfying way of letting you feel like a god with almost everything you can get your hands on.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Boozie posted:

Any prime version is always better than the regular version (except for Cernos Prime, which is worse than Rakta Cernos). Any Vandal, Wraith, Prisma, Syndicate weapons are better than the regular versions, some might be comparable, slightly better than, or not as good as prime versions.

Tier lists are largely irrelevant since the degrees of "powerful" in this game is "hit them like a truck full of bricks as they die in one hit" to "hit them so hard they ceased to exist in the timeline". Even some considered "terrible" weapons are just weapons that took a couple of extra hits or seconds to melt the targets.

So it's better to ask by telling us what you enjoy doing: one hit kills or mowing down a truckload of spacemans, close range encounters or long range headshots, running fast and slicing everything like onions or playing golf with spacemans, being invisible or invincible or supporting others (while getting no gratitude), etc. And also your Mastery Rank level.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yes, with heavy qualifications:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qvJYN9hpPMVePewg6zYhFXTIZqHyR1Gi9dDCfnF0wi4/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

This google doc is a good resource for a new player in terms of getting an idea of relative power and an idea of how to build weapons/frames. It is however misleading when it uses terms like viable and non-viable. Warframe really isn't that kind of game. Warframe is about finding new and exciting ways to break the power curve over your knee, not struggling to clear. It's about DEGREE

As a quick fyi, literally everyone else in the thread thinks this tier list is a joke. However the rest of Captain Oblivious's advice is good. Check to see if the twitch prime deal is still going. The frame it gives you for having twitch/amazon prime is great. You can probably get halfway through the star chart without much of a struggle with the non mk1 versions of the starter weapons and excalibur. Just don't use forma or reactors on gear until you know what's going on -or spend real money/plat on buying stuff other than extra inventory space yet.
Since your mastery level (which unlocks better weapons) requires you to max out gear even time spent leveling bad gear helps you.
Also this game has so many weapons rather than memorizing tiers you're better off asking goons about specific weapons and frames that interest you.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I gotta admit, I got partied with a volt using mark 1 gear the other day and the mk1 bo is actually neat looking!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Raptor1033 posted:

I gotta admit, I got partied with a volt using mark 1 gear the other day and the mk1 bo is actually neat looking!

I got the Bo Kintsugi skin for my Bo Prime because the standard-issue aesthetic looks so much cooler than the weird Darth Maul king scepter situation the Prime has going on

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
how the HECK do you get focus at any reasonable rate

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Grondoth posted:

hahahahahaha :shepicide:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Grondoth posted:

There are some guides for getting a bunch in a run but the setups are ridiculously exacting.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Grondoth posted:

Put a lens on a weapon, equip only that weapon(And a smeeta kavat if ya got it), go rhino with as much str as possible, go "LF Bere, buff" in recruitment, keep the dps buffed.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The actual answer:

+3 Hydron, corpro.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Put a lens on a weapon, equip only that weapon(And a smeeta kavat if ya got it), go rhino with as much str as possible, go "LF Bere, buff" in recruitment, keep the dps buffed.

Huh. What about Equinox with Max range and damage on Seimeni? You can get 90% of the damage really easily.

Edit: Oh right, you'd need to farm Equinox

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

WebDO posted:

Someone get an Angstrum for me and I'll buy it at a reasonable price, I'll be working too much to get ducats

I got you one. Hopefully they make it tradeable

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can someone on PS4 get me fulmination? No one is selling it and my Zakti craves blood

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Grondoth posted:

you don't, you wait for the plains of eidolon update which will involve a revamp of the focus system

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
I have a pretty big problem, I keep running out of space and having to buy slots. How do you decide what to get rid of? Everything so far seems way too cool to delete. Is it a case of, if it's not prime, sell it off after you level it to 30?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If it's a thing that you find either powerful or entertaining, keep it. If you don't like it, ditch it at thirty.

Prime, Prisma, Wraith, Vandal and syndicate versions of gear are worth keeping over their vanilla counterparts in almost every case. Weapons that aren't especially lethal but are satisfying can be made crazy in the late game with rivens, and even then it's Warframe and you can just kind of do whatever as long as you find it fun :)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Correction, sell it at 30 AFTER you make sure it's not on this list http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Huh. What about Equinox with Max range and damage on Seimeni? You can get 90% of the damage really easily.

Edit: Oh right, you'd need to farm Equinox

Lmao if you think equinox anywhere is in the same ballpark as saryn or banshee dps on berehynia.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nalesh posted:

Lmao if you think equinox anywhere is in the same ballpark as saryn or banshee dps on berehynia.

If you Max range efficiency and damage on Equinox she murders the entire map before anything appears on Seimeni with no pizzas or waiting for Zenurik. You don't see any of the enemies. All you have to do is toggle it and she kills more than a max range Ember because it covers almost every spawn point.

Also that's why I said Seimeni, because it's low level.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 9, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Still only gonna get like 20% of what you would being a buff rhino semi afking in berehynia pressing a button every minute or so :v:

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

Digirat posted:

Correction, sell it at 30 AFTER you make sure it's not on this list http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

Great, i sold my Lato already.

Thanks for the info!

Edit: I guess it doesn't matter as it's obtainable with credits.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Nalesh posted:

Note that you will need to always grab the focus orb to get the exp. Passive exp you get from the kills by other players don't count for Focus unless you got the yellow orb. If you seriously want to get the focus exp (I don't recommend it unless you enjoy poopsocking), you slap it on your Saryn or Banshee and be the guy killing everything on Bere or Hydron. I used to do this on my Excalibur on Draco. I'm sick of it now. Just farm it enough to get Zenurik energy regen then ignore it while playing normally to keep your sanity.

The sad part is, it used to be very efficient to go around any mission solo as a stealth frame and get the bonus of stealth kills. I used to enjoy this since it's like a mini game by itself, planning your routes around enemy spawning and killing without triggering awareness. Still less efficient than Draco, but close enough and you actively play instead of AFK macro like Draco. Then they nerfed it. Smh.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I was able to hit my daily focus cap pretty consistently using resonating quake in Hydron for an hour or so each day until I maxed out energy regen, now I don't even bother with lenses anymore.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So the photo mode is fun!

Lemme see your tryhard fashion frames!

Also I joined the clan. That dojo, guys. Its like reverse tryharding in there, jeez.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Rhino is not pink, what a failure of a rhino

wid posted:

The sad part is, it used to be very efficient to go around any mission solo as a stealth frame and get the bonus of stealth kills. I used to enjoy this since it's like a mini game by itself, planning your routes around enemy spawning and killing without triggering awareness. Still less efficient than Draco, but close enough and you actively play instead of AFK macro like Draco. Then they nerfed it. Smh.

Haha wow they really don't want the game to be about anything other than horde shooting or charging past everything that's not horde shooting, in spite of repeatedly trying to make weapons and powers that do not work in a horde shooter at all

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 10, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Coolness Averted posted:

As a quick fyi, literally everyone else in the thread thinks this tier list is a joke. However the rest of Captain Oblivious's advice is good. Check to see if the twitch prime deal is still going. The frame it gives you for having twitch/amazon prime is great. You can probably get halfway through the star chart without much of a struggle with the non mk1 versions of the starter weapons and excalibur. Just don't use forma or reactors on gear until you know what's going on -or spend real money/plat on buying stuff other than extra inventory space yet.
Since your mastery level (which unlocks better weapons) requires you to max out gear even time spent leveling bad gear helps you.
Also this game has so many weapons rather than memorizing tiers you're better off asking goons about specific weapons and frames that interest you.

I think the real value of a tier list like this is mostly to help a new player get an idea of what's easy to get rolling with at first when they don't have a mammoth stockpile of resources and mods to make Literally Anything Good like us Great Old Ones can. Other than that...eh. :v:

Like I said, it's mostly correct about relative power it's just that the margins basically don't matter 98% of the time.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I discovered this game for myself after watching this review and

BoneMonkey posted:

So I got a 50% off and spent real money on fake money.

this is exactly what I also did. 300 plats worth of color palettes for interior-designing my space ninja and spaceship :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

the same review got me playing two weeks ago!