Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Still going back through old entries to spread the love around, this month I am awarding this one:

KhediveRex posted:

So, Burgandy's extra credit is over, but I made this weird egg. And I have nothing else to do with it really so, i'm just gonna post some pictures of it anyway.

Look guys, it's a weird egg! What kind of egg is that you ask? Snake egg! And it's got pictures of wizards and dementors on it.

... I think it's pretty groovy.

##Award Slytherin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

peramene posted:

The moment Professor Burgundy offered this extra credit assignment, I knew there was only one thing to demonstrate. While we haven't covered it in class yet, there are several utilities for alternative theories of defense against dark wizardry and mugglery. One such theory presents the choreography of the body in such a fashion so as to redirect the magical energies within to produce an effect. One such technique - which is very difficult to master - truly spoke to me, and as we build up to exams, I found myself performing the first few elements of it - invoking their ability to calm and soothe the mind. In the below demonstration, I have intentionally occluded one element and only performed the majority of the First Movement - one part of a complex series. Those of who you have joined me in reading ahead in the Defense book will of course recognize these movements. I didn't have this in time for the initial assignment entirely due to my shyness and not wanting to reveal my inability to speak aloud - which as you can imagine, makes a number of spells more difficult for me. As we've said in class very frequently, never cower in the face of adversity.

Intended instead as something of a blessing to all of us on this round of exams, I present - an alternative Defense against the Dark Arts methodology: the First Movement. Also included is a hideen joke, just for laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1LC7V2qB6g

oh god my face

This is awesome, thanks for finally posting it!

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

King Burgundy posted:

This is awesome, thanks for finally posting it!

My 8 month old is fascinated.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sometimes you need to learn to let go and ##date Kashuno

Know when you've been outclassed. :smug:

##date Kashuno

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Apologies all, i'll get to everything when i can but will be sporadic.

bowmore posted:

##date Pmush you seem like a decent person :)
Bowmore tells PMush all about how when he grows up he is going to be the greatest wizard ever! Pmush is not amused.
Bowmore is shamed

KhediveRex posted:

##date: Keane ... Come on, man. Hold my goddamn hand.
Paris strikes up a conversation about the best way to wrestle a lion. Keane says that giants are better than lions and the two spar off for funsies.
KhediveRex was successful

Quidthulhu posted:

*skateboards through the commons*
##date Mullberry (murmur twin)
ksch
With on his muggleboard, he scoots in front of Mulberry to impress her and does some sick tricks. These tricks involve making loud "VROOM"ing noises and falling heavily to the ground and skinning his knee.
Mulberry giggles at him, so Quid shuffles off to lick his knee better, and his peers don't let him forget it.
Quidnose was shamed

Kashuno posted:

##date mordiceius hmu daddy
Kashandra decides that Mordiceius might make a nice new friend, and strikes up a conversation which covers many topics, such as how great being a wizard is and what we can all do to help house elves in this day and age.
Kashuno was successful

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Sometimes you need to learn to let go and ##date Kashuno
Tobbs comes across the popular Kashuno outside the library and they get to talking about how rude the Gryffindor boors are. Kashuno looks a bit perplexed, but then Tobbs mentions a book he was looking for and they both blab away until lunch.
Tobbs was successful

Mordiceius posted:

Know when you've been outclassed. :smug:
##date Kashuno
Mordiceius approaches Kashuno and says "Oh hey Kash i've love to get to know you!" Kashuno just stares at him. "Dude we chatted for hours just last night. How have you forgotten me already? You're SO MEAN!"
Mordeceius has been double shamed

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

*stands silently with a sign that says HOGWARTS IS NO PLACE FOR LOVE*

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
.......well ok then

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CCKeane posted:

Hello friends,

I am working on developing a match making service so we may all find true wizard love, the most powerful magic of all.

Would you, uh... :ohdear: be interested in going on a date with me? ##date Keane

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

Apologies all, i'll get to everything when i can but will be sporadic.

Bowmore tells PMush all about how when he grows up he is going to be the greatest wizard ever! Pmush is not amused.
Bowmore is shamed

Paris strikes up a conversation about the best way to wrestle a lion. Keane says that giants are better than lions and the two spar off for funsies.
KhediveRex was successful

With on his muggleboard, he scoots in front of Mulberry to impress her and does some sick tricks. These tricks involve making loud "VROOM"ing noises and falling heavily to the ground and skinning his knee.
Mulberry giggles at him, so Quid shuffles off to lick his knee better, and his peers don't let him forget it.
Quidnose was shamed

Kashandra decides that Mordiceius might make a nice new friend, and strikes up a conversation which covers many topics, such as how great being a wizard is and what we can all do to help house elves in this day and age.
Kashuno was successful

Tobbs comes across the popular Kashuno outside the library and they get to talking about how rude the Gryffindor boors are. Kashuno looks a bit perplexed, but then Tobbs mentions a book he was looking for and they both blab away until lunch.
Tobbs was successful

Mordiceius approaches Kashuno and says "Oh hey Kash i've love to get to know you!" Kashuno just stares at him. "Dude we chatted for hours just last night. How have you forgotten me already? You're SO MEAN!"
Mordeceius has been double shamed

Pls don't use my power name it is out of character information smh

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

KhediveRex posted:

Look guys, it's a weird egg! What kind of egg is that you ask? Snake egg! And it's got pictures of wizards and dementors on it.

Oh, I just thought of something!! May I please borrow that egg and try something with it?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Murmur Twin posted:

Oh, I just thought of something!! May I please borrow that egg and try something with it?

You need an ornately painted snake egg? For some tangible purpose?

I'm so intruiged. Yeah, it's yours. Anything for a housemate. It's just an ornately painted egg, I ... don't really know what you do with it anyway.

If you believe in superstitions it will bring you good luck. If you don't believe in superstition it'll sign your name up to one of those muggle telemarketing call lists so, just be careful.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Well, since we have a little more time, I think a quick extra credit assignment would be appropriate.

Your extra credit assignment will be to identify the script at the bottom of the post. The first person to correctly identify it will receive points for their house.

Hey, Professor!

The Muggles decoded it!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Came here to post this!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bowmore posted:

Made in memory of Fred Weasley after the battle of Hogwarts, The Cracked Weasley now stands on any half decent drink menu throughout the wizarding world.

The Cracked Weasley consists of a good quality gin poured over ice, lemon juice & sugar syrup to your preference, topped w/ ginger beer, garnished with a good lashing of fresh cracked black pepper & a slice of lemon.

I enjoy drinking it I like to imagine this is the kind of drink Fred would have enjoyed best, something funny and light with a sudden punch!!

Tried this out today and it was an excellent drink for a nice end-of-summer breezy day! Thanks again for the excellent recipe.

##award Gryffindor

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Murmur Twin posted:

Would you, uh... :ohdear: be interested in going on a date with me? ##date Keane
Mulberry approaches Keane and talks about how this one time she was casting a stupify but then she kinda got a bit distracted and ended up casting it into a bush, which she thought possibly hit a pixie because she heard a really high pitched squeal and then when she was going to go and see how he was there was a REALLY pretty flower that was all purple and yellow and smelled like that time her Aunty Maybel was going to the town hall to dance and oh boy that night she ate five THOUSAND boiled lollies.

Keane thinks that he's made a new friend, but sometimes it is hard to tell.
Murmur Twin was successful!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

KhediveRex posted:

You need an ornately painted snake egg? For some tangible purpose?

I'm so intruiged. Yeah, it's yours. Anything for a housemate. It's just an ornately painted egg, I ... don't really know what you do with it anyway.

If you believe in superstitions it will bring you good luck. If you don't believe in superstition it'll sign your name up to one of those muggle telemarketing call lists so, just be careful.

I believe in superstitions, but only the "good luck" kind :j:

Murmur Twin posted:

Ingredient #1: one part Skele-Gro, a common ingredient often found in healing potions.

Ingredient #2: two parts Blackjack Juice, known to bring good luck to those who drink it.

Ingredient #3: one part Essence of Dragonberry, known for giving those to drink it the ability to temporarily breathe smoke.

I was putting away the potions that I used for Professor Podima's last extra credit assignment the other day and I thought about Paris' snake egg. On paper, it seemed to me like a mixture of those three ingredients might have a helpful effect on the growth of whatever was in the egg.

I added Skele-Gro, Blackjack Juice, and Essence of Dragonberry to a tiny cauldron and left the egg in there overnight. I wasn't really sure if anything would happen so I didn't think to take pictures of it :eng99:

I checked on it the next morning and you guys won't believe what happened!

Professor Podima, can we take care of him in the Care of Magical Creatures classroom? :ohdear: I know dragons are usually dangerous but promise to work extra hard to make sure he doesn't eat / break / burn anything! :peanut:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I believe in superstitions, but only the "good luck" kind :j:

I was putting away the potions that I used for Professor Podima's last extra credit assignment the other day and I thought about Paris' snake egg. On paper, it seemed to me like a mixture of those three ingredients might have a helpful effect on the growth of whatever was in the egg.

I added Skele-Gro, Blackjack Juice, and Essence of Dragonberry to a tiny cauldron and left the egg in there overnight. I wasn't really sure if anything would happen so I didn't think to take pictures of it :eng99:

I checked on it the next morning and you guys won't believe what happened!

Professor Podima, can we take care of him in the Care of Magical Creatures classroom? :ohdear: I know dragons are usually dangerous but promise to work extra hard to make sure he doesn't eat / break / burn anything! :peanut:

My, my, quite a momentous event! The hatching of a dragon is a rare thing indeed - I think we can find a place for him at school, at least for now. We'll see how quickly he grows, though!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I understand that there has been a lot of roughhousing within these grounds and nobody wants to speak about this. It's time to ferret out the people responsible so we can put this behind us. I'll be starting with one of the people from Slytherin to hear the story.

##Detention Celestine Comtois

And while we're at it. I'm suspecting this has Quidditch to blame for this. So...

##Confiscate Bamstick

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 10, 2017

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Professor Novis LOVED quiddich! The crisp air, the cheers of the crowd, the house flags snapping smartly in the wind. She especially loved reliving her glory days as seeker of her house! But Novis could barley force herself to sit through the last match- it was a disgustingly one sided affair. After First Year Herbology the next day she pulled Eddie aside. "I've heard rumors your house has snatched up all the Bamsticks. Now, I'm aware that they were a perfectly legal purchase, but I wonder if it wouldn't be a bit more sporting if I tried to even the field.

##Detention Eponymous
##Confiscate Bamstick Alpha 8
##Approve Mudd

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

##Approve Prof Vivan Novis

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Professor Mudd has placed Celestine into detention!

He scowls and makes her turn our her belongings, but doesn't find the contraband he was looking for

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Professor Novis had placed Eponymous on detention!
She also finds a peculiar magical stick and confiscates it!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I understand that there has been a lot of roughhousing within these grounds and nobody wants to speak about this. It's time to ferret out the people responsible so we can put this behind us. I'll be starting with one of the people from Slytherin to hear the story.

And while we're at it. I'm suspecting this has Quidditch to blame for this. So...

##Confiscate Bamstick

Ah, Professeur, you need only 'ave asked! There's all sort of things I can tell you about rough'ousing on this campus. There 'ave been, for example, the many times that Mulberry 'as been bullied and shoved in the 'alls. Or recently, when I was 'elping with the Astronomy project, and some other students threw a telescope at my 'ead. Or more recently still, there was the time that several students from other 'ouses ganged up on your own nephew and beat the tar out of 'im, as I'm no doubt you're aware, caring uncle that you are. This 'as been such fun for us, but we 'ave persevered through it all. I do 'ope that in the future you see fit to punish the people who are actually responsible, and not the victims.

I do appreciate that you 'ave put in the effort to 'ave an actual excuse prepared, unlike Professor Novis's outright theft.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

VivaNova posted:

Professor Novis LOVED quiddich! The crisp air, the cheers of the crowd, the house flags snapping smartly in the wind. She especially loved reliving her glory days as seeker of her house! But Novis could barley force herself to sit through the last match- it was a disgustingly one sided affair. After First Year Herbology the next day she pulled Eddie aside. "I've heard rumors your house has snatched up all the Bamsticks. Now, I'm aware that they were a perfectly legal purchase, but I wonder if it wouldn't be a bit more sporting if I tried to even the field.

##Detention Eponymous
##Confiscate Bamstick Alpha 8
##Approve Mudd

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

##Confiscate Bamstick

es·ca·la·tion
eskəˈlāSH(ə)n
noun

A rapid increase; a rise

An increase in the intensity or seriousness of something; an intensification.

To become worse or to make worse or more severe.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

busb posted:

Professor Novis had placed Eponymous on detention!
She also finds a peculiar magical stick and confiscates it!

Professor Mudd has placed Celestine into detention!
He scowls and makes her turn our her belongings, but doesn't find the contraband he was looking for

I... did House Slytherin do something to offend you, Professors? *looks genuinely concerned*

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm not normally one to be so forward but a special student has caught my discerning eye. Timothy, would you kindly join my company for a fine coffee and good conversation? I feel we'd have a lot to talk about! :)

##date Timothy Cartwright

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
nintholemew approaches Timothy and asks him if he's read the latest dissertation on the mating habits of boggarts. They both enter an animated discussion!

the ninth layer was successful

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
##date Mordiceius

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Alasdair and Mord found some time to talk to each other and the benefits of not telling people things. The talked about this for a very long time and end up being on quite the same page!

Alasdair was successful

busb fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 11, 2017

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

##date Mordiceius

*Holds "Alasdair and Keane BFFs hat in hand, slinks away sobbing*

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

*Holds "Alasdair and Keane BFFs hat in hand, slinks away sobbing*

Legit LOL'ed at this

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

*is less offended by the fact that his dating failed and more offended by the fact nobody is trying to date him*

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

*is less offended by the fact that his dating failed and more offended by the fact nobody is trying to date him*

^^^^^

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quidthulhu posted:

##date quid

;)

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

##date Mordiceius

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Still going back through old entries to spread the love around, this month I am awarding this one:

##Award Slytherin

Bit disappointed by other events this month, but I'm hopeful that we can talk things out. In the meantime, ##approve Prof. Burgundy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm not normally one to be so forward but a special student has caught my discerning eye. Timothy, would you kindly join my company for a fine coffee and good conversation? I feel we'd have a lot to talk about! :)

:bandwagon:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

busb posted:

Alasdair and Mord found some time to talk to each other and the benefits of not telling people things. The talked about this for a very long time and end up being on quite the same page!

Alasdair was successful

Oh this sounds thrilling!

##date Alasdair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
love continues to elude me

• Locked thread