Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I mat grind when it's 50% off, grab the 40 AP's for the prisms, and then 30 AP for more prisms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I cant seem to get 5* servants but CE's just kinda flock to me like candy.

It can be good if I get Limited/Zero Over or Heaven's Feel, or even Kaleidoscope.

but then I also get Kirei spookings. :shrug:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The 3 star Sorcery Ore is a decent thing to limit break too, +20% NP Gain isn't too bad, especially if you're like me and have not had any luck with gold CE variety.
Sorcery Ore is a great common CE. I was running one on my Mata Hari, but recently swapped for a Divine Banquet since I haven't gotten it limit broken yet. It's at 3/4.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I blew 30 quartz on a whim and got jean

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tamamo Cat final ascension achieved. :toot: Hooray, i accomplished a silly goal i set for myself.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Tsurupettan posted:

okeanos will help immensely will fangs soon so don't feel bad if you don't get all of them right now.

America helps even more with fangs, but that's some ways down the road.

Also I need to start playing NA again (if only to level up my Waver and Vlad so they're useful), but other things keep taking up my time.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
A single AP bar got me from needing 5 Caster Monuments and 5 Berserker Monuments to only needing 1 Berserker Monument. That's the luckiest I've ever gotten grinding the Duel dailies. Just need that last one throughout Sunday and I can join the legion of lvl 90 Jeannes in the All support slot.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Did a 30 pull for shits-n-giggles. Got another Medea to get her NP to 5 and managed to pull all three new CE's (Black Grail, Runestones, One Sure Hit), so...yay?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I need 10 more Berserker monuments to max out Vlad.

:(

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

well, unlike pad, fate/grand order is a good game, so there'll be wacky videos of people beating these with only 3* and below servants within the next 24 hours .but yeah, they aren't essential to grinding out the event or anything, you just get a summon ticket and a couple of mats for beating them, and only the first time you beat them.

3 stars? All you need is the savior of France and three turns.

https://twitter.com/alucardbbRachel/status/906615531116957696

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sophism posted:

A single AP bar got me from needing 5 Caster Monuments and 5 Berserker Monuments to only needing 1 Berserker Monument. That's the luckiest I've ever gotten grinding the Duel dailies. Just need that last one throughout Sunday and I can join the legion of lvl 90 Jeannes in the All support slot.
Meanwhile I spent at least three full AP bars yesterday (I leveled up once) and got like 5 Archer monuments and 0 of the single Lancer monument I needed for Cu :(

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

Nate RFB posted:

Meanwhile I spent at least three full AP bars yesterday (I leveled up once) and got like 5 Archer monuments and 0 of the single Lancer monument I needed for Cu :(

Same, but Saber Monuments, which I can't find a use for because my only decent Sabers are Lily and Sorryman.

Technically I have enough monuments for the next Cu ascension, but since there'll be another right after it, and I still have Proto Cu to ascend as well, the grind never ends.

On a less whiny note, all these soloing videos make me wonder if the games mechanics aren't a bit off. As in, because a solo character has the same number of actions as a full party, and the games damage mechanics make the optimal defense strategy 'avoid attack or reduce the enemies damage to negligible amount', it almost seems that using other characters as disposable buffs and then getting rid of them might be the optimal strategy, and regular play with a team of mixed character with variable cards and no control over who the enemy attack is a chumps game meant add undesired RNG.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Sciencegar posted:

On a less whiny note, all these soloing videos make me wonder if the games mechanics aren't a bit off. As in, because a solo character has the same number of actions as a full party, and the games damage mechanics make the optimal defense strategy 'avoid attack or reduce the enemies damage to negligible amount', it almost seems that using other characters as disposable buffs and then getting rid of them might be the optimal strategy, and regular play with a team of mixed character with variable cards and no control over who the enemy attack is a chumps game meant add undesired RNG.

There's a lot more interplay involved once more characters and more Craft Essences come into play. These solo fights are more just for fun/for people who have access to tons of resources because they've been playing & whaling forever. For the huge majority of cases you want a full team doing full team things.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Note also that that video in particular is after 32 turns of setup.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also that the Kojiro in question has been grailed all the way to 100.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Grail to lv 100 is fine, but 32 turns stacks to the point of him taking 0 damage doesn't make it impressive.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, it's a joke. I've seen the same thing done to have Bunyan take out Gawain.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sciencegar posted:

youre wrong

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

Endorph posted:

youre wrong

When I said all that, I was hoping there might be discussion about how the logic was flawed. Apparently I'm not getting that though.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Sciencegar posted:

When I said all that, I was hoping there might be discussion about how the logic was flawed. Apparently I'm not getting that though.

Since you're apparently very seriously looking for a response and not just trolling, you're wrong except in the extremely short term. If you look at most of these they happen in gimmicky circumstances that take longer than doing the fight normally, I.e. the example against Spartacus taking 32 turns, and usually involve reckless use of grails and such that only really works in certain situations.

Having multiple members on the team has several huge advantages, not least of which is multiple hp and np bars, as well as skills. At low levels this isn't as important because it's hard to charge an np once, and a lot of fights will be won on pure card play where Extra attacks matter a lot more. As the game goes on, unless you're super whaling fights will take longer, enemies will deal more damage and most defensive powers are on skills, not noble phantasms, making character count a bigger part than reliable card draw. In addition, the enemies are deliberately bad about focus firing (and when they do focus fire, it's usually extremely dangerous and hard to deal with) which means multiple health bars helps keep your champs out longer. In addition, most sustain comps focus on AOE restoration and NP gain,which means for every standing character you get the effect multiplied.

That isn't even touching on the idea of complementary skills, and no, throwing the skill on and dying isn't convenient because 1: it's really hard to reliably get the character you want to die and you may lose your "champion" and 2: as the fights go longer and you level up skills, you will get more uses in a single battle out of a character.

In summary, the game is absolutely easier with multiple characters and not only are solo gimmicks actually more challenging and require having specific people, they're usually slower. Hope that helped.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah for real, even that kojiro video isn't even a solo. he has tons of buffs on him from, i believe, merlin, waver, and tamamo. the guy just started recording at the point everyone else was dead.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Super easy master missions this week, assuming you just keep throwing yourself at the duels during this 1/2 AP campaign.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
finally got somebody on rateup, but it was just Robin hood. :(

unless they put oekanos out soon i'm gonna give up unless I can actually pull a new loving servant.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

finally got somebody on rateup, but it was just Robin hood. :(

unless they put oekanos out soon i'm gonna give up unless I can actually pull a new loving servant.

I think I can count the number of servants I've pulled since Nerofest on one hand.
The Gacha is hellbent on sticking me with all of the copies of With One Strike it can muster.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also need Okeanos because I need my goddamn Forbidden Pages!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I need Okeanos so I can fail to get Drake and then keep grailing Asterios.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd like Drake but I have to wait for Cu Alter and King Hassan.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

I also need Okeanos because I need my goddamn Forbidden Pages!
:same:

MonsieurChoc posted:

I need Okeanos so I can fail to get Drake and then keep grailing Asterios.
:same:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I want a place to farm Caster gems. And Snake Jewels too I guess.

edit: Also IIRC Forbidden Pages only become farmable in London.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Oh man I burnt through 10 tickets I saved up first week hoping for a Vlad and gave up all hope of getting anything when I pulled nothing then saw the free ticket they gave today and pulled the trigger. Lo and Behold I now have Kintoki, life is good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

I want a place to farm Caster gems. And Snake Jewels too I guess.

edit: Also IIRC Forbidden Pages only become farmable in London.

Blackbeard's Interlude has them apparently and that's in Okeanos from what I've read.

I just need 2 pages.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Speaking of Okeanos, that Spartacus Challenge quest that was posted earlier gets completely destroyed by Asterios and Euryale. Just in case two of the best units in their respective star categories weren't good enough.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

the_steve posted:

I think I can count the number of servants I've pulled since Nerofest on one hand.
The Gacha is hellbent on sticking me with all of the copies of With One Strike it can muster.

I have 3 of them with full Limit Breakthrough stars, plus 2 more sitting around. I don't know what to do with them all.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:gbsmith:

https://twitter.com/ivyfriday/status/907047902358523904?s=09

:kheldragar:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wow gently caress you too, Jeanne

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Great, so I get to blame my E- Rank Charisma instead of E Rank Luck?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
More jokes

https://twitter.com/Yu_10_6/status/906393608479137792

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hahaha.

Day 3's Challenge Quest is Arash with 5 million HP, 3x Guts Passive and Invulnerability Pierce.

After all that runs out he casts Guts one more time as well as an instant NP charge.

Quest is basically, can you withstand getting bombarded by STELLA 5 times in a row?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Presumably the Guts is unremovable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Hahaha.

Day 3's Challenge Quest is Arash with 5 million HP, 3x Guts Passive and Invulnerability Pierce.

After all that runs out he casts Guts one more time as well as an instant NP charge.

Quest is basically, can you withstand getting bombarded by STELLA 5 times in a row?

So was it an intentional joke to release a Challenge Quest with servant that attacks you by suicide bombardment on 9/11?