Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/beinsports_FR/status/906888624490328064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
very nice peno by Ciro

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
phwoooooar Immobile

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
70 m. euros worth of strikers on the bench, and Montella decides to start Cutrone and Borini :getin:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Milan's defense is...not good

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

Milan's defense is...not good

with the 4th goal, let me add: lmao

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
this sums up Bonucci's (and Milan's) day
https://twitter.com/Dunia_Interisti/status/906907177771610112

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
A public service announcement for anybody struggling with BeIN's new streaming site, the secret to making it work is the same as with the old site, the only browser that seems to work is IE 11.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
For fucks sake lads. Wtf happened out there? I was at a wedding in the middle of nowhere and just saw the score now.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Gigi Galli posted:

For fucks sake lads. Wtf happened out there? I was at a wedding in the middle of nowhere and just saw the score now.

turns out Juventus sold Bonucci at exactly the right time

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I missed the game because I'm a loving mess and have been tracking Irma like crazy (my dad is a federal first responder to natural disasters, so he'll be helping lead rescue efforts out of Orlando, which they loving sent him to ride the goddamn thing out) and this game was at 6.

but: https://twitter.com/Alvarovic_/status/906889358938185729/video/1

loving NICE.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Mechafunkzilla posted:

turns out Juventus sold Bonucci at exactly the right time

ha, he was a bit of a disaster today, it was the worst possible version of Bonucci, circa his first season with Juve. The whole back 4 were a disaster really, they all were getting dragged way out of position, losing their man while ball watching. etc. You'd want Bonucci to be the one to step up and sort that out, but he was as bad as the rest.

Kessie had a bad day, and I still have no idea why Borini was purchased and more importantly, why he starts.

I'm inclined to just write it off as a "this team needs a bit of time to figure things out" performance.

Big Cir is in some form right now though, if he gets possession with any amount of space, he's going to score one way or another. Oh, and Luis Alberto was great today too.

trem_two fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 10, 2017

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
this went on for quite a while :stare:

https://twitter.com/SerieAchannel/status/906964337520242690

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Man, that is gross.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Juve have a lot of injured players, either De Sciglio or Barzagli will start at rb against Barca tomorrow. Not feeling too optimistic about that scenario. Pretty sure Barzagli started against them in the knockout rounds last year, but I still worry he'll get exploited for pace. And De Sciglio just sucks.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Juve have a lot of injured players, either De Sciglio or Barzagli will start at rb against Barca tomorrow. Not feeling too optimistic about that scenario. Pretty sure Barzagli started against them in the knockout rounds last year, but I still worry he'll get exploited for pace. And De Sciglio just sucks.

It's insane to me that De Sciglio continues to start for Juve and that they'll win the title anyway.

I keep reading these articles that are praising Skriniar, has he actually been good for Inter? I haven't watched any of their matches this year.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

It's insane to me that De Sciglio continues to start for Juve and that they'll win the title anyway.

I keep reading these articles that are praising Skriniar, has he actually been good for Inter? I haven't watched any of their matches this year.

I haven't seen much of Inter yet this year, but I paid pretty close attention to him playing as a defensive mid against England last week and thought he was pretty impressive.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I finally was able to buy my ticket for Juve-Viola next week

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

Very nice, did they just go on sale? That's not too uncommon.

I've been checking Milan's page for the same reason, I want to go to the Roma game in October and since you need all this identifying information now I can't get my m8's to get tickets for me any more.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Simone Poodoin posted:

Nice. I always wanted to go to one of these. Only got to do Inter, Udinese and Atalanta (I think).

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Gigi Galli posted:

Very nice, did they just go on sale? That's not too uncommon.

I've been checking Milan's page for the same reason, I want to go to the Roma game in October and since you need all this identifying information now I can't get my m8's to get tickets for me any more.

They went on sale on Friday for premium members, Saturday for regular members and today for everyone else. 10 days before the match is the rule for juve tickets.

I paid to become a member a few weeks ago so I could get in on the presale but my member package and card is going to be delivered next week to CR and the stupid website doesn't show my number, and customer service has been useless.

I managed to get a ticket anyway, no idea if it's a good spot but I don't care too much, excited to go even if I paid 90 euro to sit behind a column.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
That's rad, I am jealous. I think I have convinced my wife that we should do a trip to Italy next year, we haven't gone on a big trip in a while because of family travel commitments. I''ll just have to sneak a matchday into the itinerary.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

trem_two posted:

That's rad, I am jealous. I think I have convinced my wife that we should do a trip to Italy next year, we haven't gone on a big trip in a while because of family travel commitments. I''ll just have to sneak a matchday into the itinerary.

I've literally told my wife that the only way we will visit Italy (we are gonna go to Florence regardless, maybe to live at some point) it HAS to be during season play and I have to be able to get tickets. You won't regret it.

It's a different feeling watching them at home that will never leave you.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I'm probably gonna throw some money at getting a membership for my trip as well. Tentatively, I'm looking to see Juve-Milan followed by Benevento-Juve the following week. I can't imagine there will be many extra Milan tickets up for sale but I really can't wait to see the stadium in person.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Yep.

Hella, hella good.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Apparently Allegri's response to the injury situation is going with a christmas tree formation against Barca, with Betancur starting. Bold moves, Max.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Apparently Allegri's response to the injury situation is going with a christmas tree formation against Barca, with Betancur starting. Bold moves, Max.

Ballsy, but it might work if Barca isn't prepared for it and the Juve players know what they're doing. Has Betancur played at all for Juve yet?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Ballsy, but it might work if Barca isn't prepared for it and the Juve players know what they're doing. Has Betancur played at all for Juve yet?

He had late cameos the last two matches. Allegri had been talking him up all summer, good opportunity to make a name for himself I guess.

Or to be labeled as the new Sturaro I suppose.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

trem_two posted:

If this works I'll stop making GBS threads on him. That's a really narrow formation.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Alisson looked really good today against Atletico. Looking forward to the rest of this stage.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Luckily for Juve, De Sciglio's injury is not serious and he'll be fine and available for upcoming matches.

:troll:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Giampaolo Pozzo has some opinions about the VAR:

Telefriuli via ESPN posted:

The VAR's still got to be refined, but I'm happy with it. What I've seen so far has been positive, like penalties being given against Juve which you've never seen before.

It's something which reassures you and relaxes you. We've had things go for and against us, but it is reassuring. I've had 33 difficult years in the game, but now I feel reassured.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

Giampaolo Pozzo has some opinions about the VAR:

Sig. Pozzo seems to know what's up.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Honestly that's how I feel about it. It's great and needed for the game because you simply cannot have what results in the entirety of the match in one persons hands in the age of technology. I think it needs to be two people watching, not just one. Both confirm a possible foul, then call a break to the game. Ref immediately goes to the sideline to review the play. Anyone who approaches him at all will receive an automatic yellow card. Ref resumes field, makes the call.

The ref crowding is only going to make it take longer and it's hard to hear when people are yammering on about whatever the gently caress.

Also, SURELY our technology is such where we could have a smart watch wearing ref so he could watch it back on his watch instead of running off field.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Anything that involves the referee having to leave the field of play and watch something on a monitor is poo poo and ruins the game.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I've found it to be really jarring but il sure I'll get used to it. I can't think of any really egregiously long breaks yet. Then again I missed the entirety of the last match day and I'm going to miss this week's as well.

I wonder what the response would be if the league did a survey if random viewers on whether they like it or not. I bet it would be positive.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I don't get why they can't actually just settle on a middle ground of the VAR assistant operating like a real assistant and only giving the referee advice through an earpiece. Imo it's more important that the game flows than that every decision is 100% correct. having a video assistant in the first place necessitates a greater level of fairness because "he couldn't have seen that" is no longer a valid excuse

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

straight up brolic posted:

I don't get why they can't actually just settle on a middle ground of the VAR assistant operating like a real assistant and only giving the referee advice through an earpiece. Imo it's more important that the game flows than that every decision is 100% correct. having a video assistant in the first place necessitates a greater level of fairness because "he couldn't have seen that" is no longer a valid excuse

It takes like 1 minute for the ref to run over to the monitor and confirm the VAR assistant's decision. Medical staff are regularly on the pitch stopping play for longer than that for BS reasons, and nobody really complains because that's always how it's been. Stoppages in play for VAR will feel the same in a short period of time imo.

It's gotten multiple calls reversed against Juve which were the right decision so far, and I'm glad.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So far VAR has intervened I think more than a dozen times, and at least 10 or so have been reverting a wrong decision. Without VAR, those would have been 10 mistakes.

I'll take the delay over the error every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I feel like a lot of the arguments for and against VAR are similar to when replays began being used in US Football. In the end, it took a little getting used to but very few people have a problem with it now that we can actually see the kind of an impact, almost completely positive, that it's had.

• Locked thread