Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is it also one of those cases where you might just want to perpetually charm/bind him to prevent him from casting Stella at all? It feels like the Gawain strategy is one that would be useful for a lot of these harder fights, at least against Males.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Nate RFB posted:

Is it also one of those cases where you might just want to perpetually charm/bind him to prevent him from casting Stella at all? It feels like the Gawain strategy is one that would be useful for a lot of these harder fights, at least against Males.

He also of course comes with a resistance to disabling debuffs.

Having given it a shot with some time between work, it looks doable, especially if you have Nero to guts through multiple turns of nonsense. There isn't a lot of strategy that I could see aside from possibly stalling him with NP reducing effects to let his NP damage booster wear off since he's just immune to everything. Kind of dumb, all in all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You literally just need to outlast his Stella five times and you win

Irisviel is a necessity for the fight as she sticks the party with a five-turn guts and you're gonna want a lot of sustain and poo poo. Only his NP negates dodges and invincibility so you can still use that stuff for his turns in between those. You want to care about your backrow though because he will kill your front row with the fourth Stella since he does it the turn after the third one and unless you had something saved up to survive that one he's gonna run through the back row with the last one too.

My front row was like Tamamo, Iri, Merlin and backrow was Cu, Vlad and Nero. Nero won me the game because of the three guts skill she had but I also threw Hydragem on her so she could tank some attacks in case he focused her in the last three turns.

It's actually pretty easy, but if you don't have Irisviel then i can see it being a massive pain in the rear end.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
I just used Mashu/Bryn/Leonidas with backrow Nero Caster, Cu, and Support Herc with Bond CE, and it was still pretty straightforward without Iri despite my team being fairly sub-optimal as well. Just focus on mitigating damage between Arash NP turns, whether that be through defense buffs or splitting the damage with taunts, and Arash will take care of himself from there.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Iris, Mashu, support Merlin. Easiest summon ticket i ever earned

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So apparently Kintoki really wanted to be my friend, since I never intended to summon him? :):respek::cool: Thanks, man.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

so clearly by that reasoning the only things that want to be my friend are boudica, medea, jing ke and robin hood.... repeatedly.

that's fine. I didnt want anybody else anyway, haha. :smithicide:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Whim Ticket got me Martha. :allears:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

BlazeEmblem posted:

So apparently Kintoki really wanted to be my friend, since I never intended to summon him? :):respek::cool: Thanks, man.

He's Brotoki for a reason.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

RMZXAnarchy posted:

so clearly by that reasoning the only things that want to be my friend are boudica, medea, jing ke and robin hood.... repeatedly.

that's fine. I didnt want anybody else anyway, haha. :smithicide:

Waver is my friend, h...he's just been really busy lately ok?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Altera and Salter came to me because they're dark and beautiful, like my soul

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Gil and Brotoki are hanging out with me at my US account. Life is golden.

I keep the waifus in my Japanese account. :smuggo:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh my god finally.

I probably should just keep at the duels but I kind of want to get some gold Rider/Saber cards for Salter and Martha.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Liz was my first gold servant aside from the free Saber Lily. I guess I'm a good little piggie.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

It's actually pretty easy, but if you don't have Irisviel then i can see it being a massive pain in the rear end.
Paracelsus, Medea Lily, Nero, and three Necromancer CEs is how I beat it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got Kintoki! The nightmare of bad pulls is over.... for now

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
I am losing my luck in enemy drops. Not to mention, I keep facing Gil instead of Artoria during these duels. I faced him all but twice with a full AP bar. I'll never get the 6 Saber monuments I need :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Blight Runner posted:

I am losing my luck in enemy drops. Not to mention, I keep facing Gil instead of Artoria during these duels. I faced him all but twice with a full AP bar. I'll never get the 6 Saber monuments I need :(
It's not exactly a fair comparison because I got a bunch from Moon Goddess and have only used a handful since, but I'm up to 30 Archer monuments at the moment. Gil showed up so god drat much!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

*sniffles*

I knew you were a good kid, Angra.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
Got Waver with a ticket so I'm 3 for 3 on the servants I wanted this banner: Waver, SAlter, and Kintoki. Unfortunately don't have the mats to ascend them anytime soon since my current servants need them too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I only have Waver because the previous owner of my account pulled him, does that mean that Waver is now beholden to a Master he never asked for????

EDIT: Especially since I rerolled over 30 times looking for a Waver and failed.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Is it kidnapping if you spend so much Quartz that you basically *force* a Servant to come to your call or is it that Servant being a tsundere?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Raenir Salazar posted:

Is it kidnapping if you spend so much Quartz that you basically *force* a Servant to come to your call or is it that Servant being a tsundere?

"OK fine I'll come over STOP CALLING ME OK."

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Must feel weird for serial rerollers. I did my fair share but I saw Artoria the most and ended up sticking with her. Then got Gil on a single ticket, I am a king magnet

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Must feel weird for serial rerollers. I did my fair share but I saw Artoria the most and ended up sticking with her. Then got Gil on a single ticket, I am a king magnet

Pretty sure rolling Gil requires having Artoria. :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

All I want is a Waver and she wouldn't give it to me
All I wanted was a Waver, just one Waver
And she wouldn't give it to me, just a Waver

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
whoops, wrong thread

in retroapect I could have parlayed it into commentary on the relationship between Gilles and Jeanne

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Pretty sure rolling Gil requires having Artoria. :v:

You say that, but I have practically every Artoria and I only got Gil to come from like this year's summer event. And even then it was his Caster self.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
My summon ticket got me a 3* irish dogman, apparently he is good and nice, but is he as cool as marie?

signs point to no

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Cu doesn't have an obscenely retarded hat, so Marie wins by default

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Marie told people to eat cake.

Cu has a spear that is thrown with the fork of the toes, and splits into over 30 barbs as it enters the body and pretty much turns people into a flesh-wrapped pile of blades. This is far too badass for grand order, so he simply just uses a causality rewriting magical thrust instead.

Marie's harem is Sanson, Mozart, and D'Eon.

Cu's harem is Scathach, Medb, Bazzette, and Tohsaka Rin.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I actually had to remove Cu from my main team today to make room for Kintoki. Sorry Cu

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Cu has a spear that is thrown with the fork of the toes, and splits into over 30 barbs as it enters the body and pretty much turns people into a flesh-wrapped pile of blades. This is far too badass for grand order, so he simply just uses a causality rewriting magical thrust instead.

But Gae Bolg does do that if it pierces the heart, like in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. Except it becomes a thousand thorns and destroys the body from within.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
cu doesn't vive my france

also isnt cu being a little bitch who gets killed a running joke in the fate series

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Freak Futanari posted:

Cu doesn't have an obscenely retarded hat, so Marie wins by default

Well if what we truly want is Cu wearing ridiculously impractical outfits then FGO has got us covered!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

also isnt cu being a little bitch who gets killed a running joke in the fate series

Cu does get killed a lot, but he's very far from a little bitch, and he's also the exact opposite of getting killed a lot in FGO

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Clawtopsy posted:

At least Cu isn't that whiny bitch Diarmuid. Cu takes his deaths like a man.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Clawtopsy posted:

In the original game, he first gets killed by Gil, and that's hardly a point against him. Next he is commanded to kill himself by stabbing his heart with his Gae Bolg. After doing that, he kills Kirei, injures Shinji, frees Rin, and only dies by setting the building on fire. In the third route, he dies fast, but so does basically every other servant.

The big running joke come from Carnival Phantasm, where he dies every episode. Until episode 11, where he prevents every one of his deaths throughout the series.

Just because he died, doesn't mean that he isn't awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Pureauthor posted:

Well if what we truly want is Cu wearing ridiculously impractical outfits then FGO has got us covered!

MR DINOSAUR