Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Ah, the fun of focusing annoyedly on getting 4 Saber Pieces. End up getting 5 saber monuments, 4 lancer monuments, and 2 lancer monuments before getting those pieces. Pissed me off a fair bit as I wanted to finally ascend Altera the second time.

Then I realized that it gave me the exact drat amount I needed for Jeanne's third ascension. I believe Jeanne's tryin to tell me to field her more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Free quests half off. What has decent drop rates and is worth farming? Fangs? Bones? Talons?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Oh, a fuyuki pickup gacha. :geno:

Guess a skip to save some more quartz.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I mean, I might want redman but I'm already going to blow all my quartz on gudaguda that has him on rateup anyway.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
:wtc:

Woke up, saw that it's Kintoki & Waver day again, blearily decided to waste my two tickets on it.

First was an Azoth blade, sure, about right. Second was gold orbs... gold caster card... Wait, seriously, Waver?

My luck in this game has been so good I think I must be dying in real life. On the other hand, I have no XP cards and about two Caster monuments, so maybe this mountain of grinding is my karma.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ripley posted:

:wtc:

Woke up, saw that it's Kintoki & Waver day again, blearily decided to waste my two tickets on it.

First was an Azoth blade, sure, about right. Second was gold orbs... gold caster card... Wait, seriously, Waver?

My luck in this game has been so good I think I must be dying in real life. On the other hand, I have no XP cards and about two Caster monuments, so maybe this mountain of grinding is my karma.

If you think about it, life after your youth is basically a long slow slide towards death.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
True enough.

Kinda disappointed by the FSN rate-up and half-AP free quests, just because I had my hopes up for Okeanos. I guess this would be a relatively good time to farm golems for their octuplet crystals? If by 'good' you mean 'still garbage but half the AP'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They always do a 1/2 AP on story/free quests thing just before a new Singularity so if anything it's indication Okeanos is right after that.

Unless they cock it all up of course.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Well if what we truly want is Cu wearing ridiculously impractical outfits then FGO has got us covered!

gently caress I WANT CU ALTER SO MUCH.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
hes such a hunk

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's just so Cu Coolainn.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Blew my remaining quartz and summon tickets, see a 5* animation pop up... ...! ... and it's Jeanne. :psyduck: Who I already had.

Every last 5* I've won has been one that wasn't in the featured rate up. What's it supposed to be, a 70% chance of getting the rate up? I'm kind of impressed at my luck, in both directions.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

At least Cu isn't that whiny bitch Diarmuid. Cu takes his deaths like a man.

Cu didn't get forced by his master to kill himself in the middle of an honor duel. Diarmuid was well within his rights to start cursing everyone around. :colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Diarmund did nothing wrong.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Diarmund did nothing wrong.

All he did was Die-amund.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

saw today was a waver day, got the last quartz I needed with Chevalier d'Eon's interlude, for a 10 roll

and the best thing I got was a steel training

why Kirei

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheFlyingLlama posted:

saw today was a waver day, got the last quartz I needed with Chevalier d'Eon's interlude, for a 10 roll

and the best thing I got was a steel training

why Kirei

Isn't it beautiful.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
I own all the Fuyuki rateup servants bar Saber, but I'm still tempted to do a single 10-pull on this banner. Partly to increase my peoples NPs, partly for the tiny chance of Seibah, and partly just to solve the pulling itch for a while because blowing a single ticket each night on the goldfest stuff isn't doing it for me.

I realise these are all terrible reasons, but Scathach is still at least a month away and I'd like something to invest in, if only a random CE.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Since Artoria spooked me during my Gil rolling hell there is literally no one I could use in the Fuyuki rateup, unless I wanted to try for a NP2 on some of them. Which I don't.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Half cost free quests is nice but this is going to be a very long week.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Schubalts posted:

Cu didn't get forced by his master to kill himself in the middle of an honor duel. Diarmuid was well within his rights to start cursing everyone around. :colbert:

I dunno, Kirei trampled all over Cu's pride and desire for good fights and stuff too.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Half cost free quests is nice but this is going to be a very long week.

I will only be using it for Germania runs. Like hell am I grinding Thiers or Gaul, moonfest almost drove me insane.

And even then, I'll be prioritising dailies in the mornings. I need to empty my AP bar fast before work, and even in the evening I'm not going to have huge grinding time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's just dailies for me all the way out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

E: Dunno how accurate this is but from reddit regarding the FP gacha:

So a 2*=4* and 3*=5*, which more or less checks out anecdotally for myself.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 12, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sciencegar posted:

I own all the Fuyuki rateup servants bar Saber, but I'm still tempted to do a single 10-pull on this banner. Partly to increase my peoples NPs, partly for the tiny chance of Seibah, and partly just to solve the pulling itch for a while because blowing a single ticket each night on the goldfest stuff isn't doing it for me.

I realise these are all terrible reasons, but Scathach is still at least a month away and I'd like something to invest in, if only a random CE.

I really want Baber, but, I've been hosed by this Gacha way too many times already, they're not getting any more of my money until I KNOW I'm getting something worthwhile.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I dunno, Kirei trampled all over Cu's pride and desire for good fights and stuff too.

He also screwed him out of having a hot red-headed punchlord as his Master.

Being Lancer is Suffering.

Bazette/Emer pseudo-servant when? Fragarach is such an obvious Noble Phantasm.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
It literally is considered a Noble Phantasm actually, one of the few that exist in the modern Fate world. You could definitely do something cool as hell with it in the FGO system.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Decided to roll my last 3 quartz today for the chance to grab waver. Ended up grabbing Lancelot (one of my favs) so I'd call that a win.

Honestly had a good run with this rate up. I spent a lot of quartz and while I got a lot of crap I also grabbed Kintoki, Artoria (5* and Alter) and now Lancelot. Not what I expected but a wins a win.

Looking ahead I know the fuyuki rate up is kinda crap but I really want to grab EMIYA. Yes I know he's not the best archer and I can grab him as a support but I want my own drat it!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nyeehg posted:

Decided to roll my last 3 quartz today for the chance to grab waver. Ended up grabbing Lancelot (one of my favs) so I'd call that a win.

Honestly had a good run with this rate up. I spent a lot of quartz and while I got a lot of crap I also grabbed Kintoki, Artoria (5* and Alter) and now Lancelot. Not what I expected but a wins a win.

Looking ahead I know the fuyuki rate up is kinda crap but I really want to grab EMIYA. Yes I know he's not the best archer and I can grab him as a support but I want my own drat it!

Busting out Unlimited Blade Works is entirely too much fun, there's no shame in wanting to ride that wave.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Emiya actually gets really good once he gets his strengthening quests, so he's worth rolling for.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Emiya should get a solo rate-up in a few months in GUDAGUDA so your chances will be better rolling for him then - though Hercules isn't a terrible consolation prize, of course.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Vengarr posted:

He also screwed him out of having a hot red-headed punchlord as his Master.

Being Lancer is Suffering.

Bazette/Emer pseudo-servant when? Fragarach is such an obvious Noble Phantasm.

Bazett was already a Temp Heroic Spirit in Capsule Servant as FRAGA the Boxer.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Both Diarmuid and Cu had redheads for masters at one point huh.

Kayneth is such a terrible master though, at least Cu got Kirei even if he's the spookmaster.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Kayneth's mistake was thinking that Kiritsugu had a code of ethics.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
F/SN banner, already have Archer, don't care about Saber (already have Salter), but Herc might be nice? Probably not going to roll, even tickets. My three tickets today got me Boudica, saber Gilles and Ushi. Message received Gatcha, message received.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Schubalts posted:

Kayneth's mistake was thinking that Kiritsugu had a code of ethics.

He also made the mistake of summoning a really hot dude that his wife would pay attention to instead of him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Compendium posted:

He also made the mistake of summoning a really hot dude that his wife would pay attention to instead of him.

That was his second option to be fair

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Thankfully, in FGO, Diarmuid is 1000x happier being our Servant, even with his abysmal luck stat cause the protagonist has the best Master capability.

Which isn't much when comparing most of the Masters in Zero, but still

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Finally Diarmuid can achieve his longstanding goal of being summoned into a great conflict, thrown into a box and forgotten about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Decided to try my luck and use a free 10-roll for Waver. My big prize was two more "With One Strike" cards and a bunch of 3-star Servants and CEs. Guess that's my payback for getting the Saber Alter last time around. Oh well.