Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weedle
May 31, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

How big is the X compared to a normal 7?

If only there were some kind of website where you could go to find this information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

SeANMcBAY posted:

5.8 inch vs 4.7, the X is bigger than even the 5.5 inch 7+

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Twerkdad posted:

O' CANADA, MY HOME AND NATIVE LAND.

Jesus.

:canada:

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

iPhone X
Height: 143.6 mm (5.65 inches)
Width: 70.9 mm (2.79 inches)
Depth: 7.7 mm (0.30 inch)

vs

iPhone 7
Height: 138.3 mm (5.44 inches)
Width: 67.1 mm (2.64 inches)
Depth: 7.1 mm (0.28 inch)

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
So yeah SE is still the best phone great announcement

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Don Lapre posted:

The X is AT&T Exclusive in the US
lmao no way. I thought they ended their exclusivity deal with AT&T years ago? Or is this a new contract with them?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mahoning posted:

Uhhhhhhhh.....

I knew this poo poo wasn't dead.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Pivo posted:

1529 Canadian for the 256gb lol
Cheaper than the UK, I think I might wait 'til I'm in Canada in January to pick it up.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Don Lapre posted:

The X is AT&T Exclusive in the US

It's available with every major carrier.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Sigh, iPod Touches are still 3 years old, still the same lovely price as before same horse and buggy technology

iPod touch
A8 chip, 8MP iSight camera, 5 stunning colors.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pivo posted:

iPhone X
Height: 143.6 mm (5.65 inches)
Width: 70.9 mm (2.79 inches)
Depth: 7.7 mm (0.30 inch)

vs

iPhone 7
Height: 138.3 mm (5.44 inches)
Width: 67.1 mm (2.64 inches)
Depth: 7.1 mm (0.28 inch)

Thanks. That's a great deal smaller than a plus so that's cool.

Weedle posted:

If only there were some kind of website where you could go to find this information

Thank you too, you smarmy dipshit.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 12, 2017

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Binary Badger posted:

Sigh, iPod Touches are still 3 years old, still the same lovely price as before same horse and buggy technology

iPod touch
A8 chip, 8MP iSight camera, 5 stunning colors.

If you want an ipod touch buy a $30 android prepaid phone

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
So I was going to just get a 8+, but its not even worth getting the lower model with this price comparison.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

pyrotek posted:

$1150 and no unlocked phone available at launch. I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

You should just be able to buy the Verizon model and get an unlocked phone with gsm/cdma compatability.

That's what the situation was for iPhone 7.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

That's a lot of quid

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Well with the upgrade from the 7s it's only 80 in tax or whatever and an additional 10 or something a month maybe

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Don Lapre posted:

If you want an ipod touch buy a $30 android prepaid phone

and use my x-acto blade to short out the cellular chips got it

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

my friends maybe it's time to rethink your buys, you don't need a thousand dollar phone

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
do you want an iphone X or one of the lowest-tiers macbook? because they're basically the same price

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

logikv9 posted:

do you want an iphone X or one of the lowest-tiers macbook? because they're basically the same price

Yea but you use one about 100x more often and for more things

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remember everyone you still need to buy your HomePod this Christmas.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

logikv9 posted:

Well the iPhone is faster at this point than that piece of poo poo MacBook, so

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
I can't imagine going for a run without these airpods falling out of my ears every step. Do they make these with ear-hooks?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
"I think Steve would be proud."

Meanwhile, the Steve Jobs theater is powered by his perpetual grave spinning. Well done, Apple.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“Pindakaas”" post="“476332104”"]
I can’t imagine going for a run without these airpods falling out of my ears every step. Do they make these with ear-hooks?
[/quote]

I run with AirPods every other day. They stay in place. They’re pretty loving great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vegetable posted:

my friends maybe it's time to rethink your buys, you don't need a thousand dollar phone

Agree. I'm only buying it if T-Mobile lets me trade in my 7 and pay $100 or something. $1000 is unreal.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Pindakaas posted:

I can't imagine going for a run without these airpods falling out of my ears every step. Do they make these with ear-hooks?

no they actually stay in REALLY well

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

mcmagic posted:

I knew this poo poo wasn't dead.

Only Sprint does it, so you have to decide if you want to be on Sprint network (you don't). Be advised that Sprint charges an extra monthly fee for you to do this which they may or may not waive depending on your customer status

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pindakaas posted:

Everyone says they work great

Personally I don't buy them because I don't want to look like an rear end in a top hat, which everyone at my gym who wears them looks like

ufarn
May 30, 2009
If I use an HDMI audio extractor that's 4Kp30 for the new Apple TV (4Kp60), will I get a signal at all?

I won't be gaming nor using HDR on it, so I had hoped I'd be able to just go with this option because of my speakers only having an optical port - no audio through HDMI.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The lack of subsidization is kind of interesting. The raw, unfiltered $1000 buttfuck of actual phone pricing will be difficult for a lot of people, regardless of means.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

My upgrade contract with Verizon explicitly states I can upgrade from my current phone to any new model after one year. All of the difference in cost to Verizon will simply go to higher monthly payments anyway so it's not a matter of "letting you do something" because you're going to pay more

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
There is an $8 difference between the 8+ and X if you finance the phone through your carrier, and $10 difference through the Apple Upgrade Program. If those amounts are significant to you, you probably shouldn't be in the market for the latest iPhone in the first place.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Vegetable posted:

This is a bit disingenuous considering it's not really a phone and hasn't been for roughly ~8 years.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

AlternateAccount posted:

The lack of subsidization is kind of interesting. The raw, unfiltered $1000 buttfuck of actual phone pricing will be difficult for a lot of people, regardless of means.

Almost no one should be paying $500 for a mobile phone, let alone $1200 smdh

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Everyone says they work great

Personally I don't buy them because I don't want to look like an rear end in a top hat, which everyone at my gym who wears them looks like

It was the same thing with the OG iPod earbuds however many years ago. It'll pass.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

new se for me. if no new se by march, new pixel for me

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf

FistEnergy posted:

Almost no one should be paying $500 for a mobile phone, let alone $1200 smdh

Where the gently caress have you been in the last 20 years?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

who on earth is going to buy the iphone 8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Mahoning posted:

This is a bit disingenuous considering it's not really a phone and hasn't been for roughly ~8 years.

That's true, which is why it should cost as much as a Macbook Pro right?

You do realize this argument could be used for any astronomical price point they come up with.

$4000, well I use it every day, so what not?!? :smug:

• Locked thread