Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Man that episode was top hosed up.
Though Sola-Ul got hosed considering she didn't really do anything and got her arm chopped off before dying. Kiritsugu is loving devious.

But yeah boudica is annoying though she's at least got a cute voice. I hate her basic form though, why the gently caress is it just underwear who does that poo poo seriously.

Considering even after getting his magic circuits fried up, Kayneth got a puppet body, went out of his way to renter the HGW and killed a priest to try to prevent any more command seal transfer, he definitely fits the example of how a mage can still be threat even after losing a servant. Masters are in general often killed despite already losing their servants because they can easily reestablish contract with a different servant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Plus Sola also did some hosed up things because she willingly fell in love with Diarmuid. If I remember correctly, she broke Kayneth's legs and forced him to hand his Command Seals over to her and she was seriously debating using all of them to make Diarmuid love her?

EDIT: It has admittedly been years since I watched Fate/Zero so I could be wrong.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Gologle posted:

Plus Sola also did some hosed up things because she willingly fell in love with Diarmuid. If I remember correctly, she broke Kayneth's legs and forced him to hand his Command Seals over to her and she was seriously debating using all of them to make Diarmuid love her?

EDIT: It has admittedly been years since I watched Fate/Zero so I could be wrong.

I don't think it was ever really explicit (at least within the show itself, maybe there's some official statement somewhere) whether she fell for Diarmuid or his enchantment made her fall for him, but Kayneth's saga more or less highlights that the HGW isn't some kind of honorable duel between masters, no matter how much some masters like to wield the rules against one another.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

As a magus, she should've been able to resist the love spot's effects, but she just... didn't try? I'm not sure.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

As a magus, she should've been able to resist the love spot's effects, but she just... didn't try? I'm not sure.

she hated kayneth enough that she wanted any excuse to get out of that relationship, and also fate/zero is bad

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is the first time I've heard you express that opinion.

I'm shocked.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Argas posted:

I don't think it was ever really explicit (at least within the show itself, maybe there's some official statement somewhere) whether she fell for Diarmuid or his enchantment made her fall for him, but Kayneth's saga more or less highlights that the HGW isn't some kind of honorable duel between masters, no matter how much some masters like to wield the rules against one another.

I don't know, with how she reacted to losing her hand with the command spells it felt like it was pretty explicit that she was under the enchantment. Unless it was different in the Light Novels.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hate-Senpai posted:

This is the first time I've heard you express that opinion.

I'm shocked.

do not troll the woman who gave you your custom title zep

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Alard posted:

I don't know, with how she reacted to losing her hand with the command spells it felt like it was pretty explicit that she was under the enchantment. Unless it was different in the Light Novels.

She willingly let herself to be affected. Though her whole plan was to have enough command seals to force Lancer to love her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

do not troll the woman who gave you your custom title zep

Gah. I've been owned.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Gah. I've been owned.

don't listen, im sure umi would want you to do the trolling

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

don't listen, im sure umi would want you to do the trolling

I guess it's time to post 316 pictures of Umi.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I guess it's time to post 316 pictures of Umi.

if you find them all of fate cosplay you could probably post them before baal notices and closes the thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also in actual news, na fgo is making about 1 million dollars monthly, which isn't a lot compared to jp which makes that in a couple of days but is probably more than its operating costs.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Thanks NA whales

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Okita and Hijitaka on a new gacha in JPN.

They must really want to clear out everyone's quartz before the 10 million campaign hits.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Endorph posted:

also in actual news, na fgo is making about 1 million dollars monthly, which isn't a lot compared to jp which makes that in a couple of days but is probably more than its operating costs.

That's pretty good, if you consider that pretty much everyone agrees that the current NA content is F/GO at its worst. The potential for massive growth is definitely there.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

I hope that's a good number for now at least, and one likely to grow as more/better story content and more interesting banners like Scathach come out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aniplex has basically said that they don't expect na fgo to make anywhere near as much money as jp fgo and they're just doing it to make inroads to release other fate stuff officially in the US.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Cool, maybe they'll get the niche market so blown open we can have legit VN translations for the vita games or on steam. Or maybe Extra CCC, since PSP/Vita games seem to port well to PC.

Of course this is all pie in the sky stuff, but it'd be loving nice to see that content officially in the US.

Carnival Phantasm is kind of a lost cause isnt it? Since Tsukihime is even less relevant.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Cool, maybe they'll get the niche market so blown open we can have legit VN translations for the vita games or on steam.

At this point translation of the iOS/Android version seems a lot more likely than Vita, especially since they know that anyone playing FGO must have a smartphone/tablet and play games on it.

edit:

Randomzx posted:

I'm just using it as a reference. Considering the news specifically tell you to not miss the chance to "complete these free quests"

http://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2017%2F0914_freequesap_campaign%2F

It's possible, but as I understand it that JP event was unusual; most half AP free quest events halved it both before and after completion. While they might restrict the NA event to incomplete free quests there'd likely be some backlash since the announcement was unclear, potentially resulting in the best outcome of all: apologems.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 13, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I'm more and more convinced that the Duel dailies either have very streaky seed generation when picking the third round servant, or the percentages aren't split evenly, and you get one seed during the whole day, with one class out of them having a higher occurrence bonus. My sample size is obviously not large enough, as it only accounts for my own experience since the game came out, but every single time I've grinded the Duel dailies, one servant will show up vastly more often than the others.

Way back during the first half AP and Gil banner, I was keeping track of how many times Gil was showing up for me one day, and it was a massive 80%+ over several AP bars worth of runs. (When I was low enough Master level to chain them.)

A short while later, near the tail end of the first half AP event I was looking for Saber monuments, and Elisabeth routinely had half a dozen consecutive spawns broken by an occasional single Gilgamesh or single Altria.

Last weekend I got 5 Caster monuments easily because Waver was showing up noticeably more often than the other three.

And over the last day, I've had Marie show up once, Waver show up twice, Kintoki show up once, and every other run has been Carmilla. We're talking over 20 runs accounting for the full AP bar I had saved up for when the daily switched.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You are overthinking this.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Sophism posted:

I'm more and more convinced that the Duel dailies either have very streaky seed generation when picking the third round servant, or the percentages aren't split evenly, and you get one seed during the whole day, with one class out of them having a higher occurrence bonus. My sample size is obviously not large enough, as it only accounts for my own experience since the game came out, but every single time I've grinded the Duel dailies, one servant will show up vastly more often than the others.

I know it's counterintuitive, but this is just how randomness works. On any given day the odds of getting a balanced distribution of results are actually much lower than the odds of getting a distribution that appears biased.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nyaa posted:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I love it when people assert that the RNG is broken in a gacha game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Miracles do happen. :unsmith:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Ignore this. Double posted on phone.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 13, 2017

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Nyaa posted:

I don't think this is by design. Just potentially a weak seed gen system.

U-DO Burger posted:

I love it when people assert that the RNG is broken in a gacha game

It can just be confirmation bias, but there's definitely been games with streaky seeds in the past. Warframe suffered from this - https://forums.warframe.com/topic/128402-rng-algorithm-bugschanges/ - and the developers eventually spotted the issue and revamped the seed system. Different games of course, so it doesn't necessarily apply.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 13, 2017

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I got a gold caster statue on the second round in an assasin boss fight. The seed must favor me.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nyaa posted:

I got a gold caster statue on the second round in an assasin boss fight. The seed must favor me.

Sometimes it feels like I get more gold monuments off the shades than I do the third round "bosses".

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Nyaa posted:

If you want to misinterpret my post to be claiming the RNG is out to get me, then hey, knock yourself out.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

No, i'm just bragging over your misfortune.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Savage!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

3 Apples deep, 2/4 berserker monuments. And 25 of the other monuments, wtf

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm so knee deep in RIder pieces at the moment I honestly think I could ascend all of the Riders I currently have (Martha, George, Ushi, Medusa, Alexander) if I wanted to. Meanwhile, I was on a roll with the Berserker monuments ( got 5 of them back to back to back) and then when I left the game to let my AP recharge that streak promptly went away next login. Let this be a lesson kids, if you're on a roll never willingly get off the roll.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

3/4, 2,5h left. Don't do this to me, game!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i miss the director. she was funny and very tsun!!!

plz let me murder leff again for torturing her, thank you game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i miss the director but thats because i want her to smooch romani

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
romani only deserves a dakimakura with a picture of his ai idol on

the director deserves better! plz make the director a demi-servant, blizzard