Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

This is going to sound stupid as hell but I'm straight up confused.

Does IIQ/IIR gear like Bisco's some how negatively affect map drops? Like is there some bug?

I leveled from 87-93 on my wanderfinder in shaped spider forest and had to buy ~95% of my maps from someone else with 74% on the atlas and wearing bisco's(which I know doesn't positively increase map drops) .I bought so many maps from this one guy who was farming Beachhead, he started giving me a buy 4 get 1 free deal. I even posted about not being able to sustain in this thread but kept pounding at it with absolutely no change over the course of like a week and a half. I was chiseling, rolling pack size, and using sextants as often as I could.

I died on that character and now have another one in the 90s farming shaped spider forest with literally nothing changed aside from no bisco's and I am drowning in maps.
I get a drop nearly every single run and often 2 or 3 per run. What the gently caress am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Does IIQ/IIR gear like Bisco's some how negatively affect map drops? Like is there some bug?

I leveled from 87-93 on my wanderfinder in shaped spider forest and had to buy ~95% of my maps from someone else with 74% on the atlas and wearing bisco's(which I know doesn't positively increase map drops) .I bought so many maps from this one guy who was farming Beachhead, he started giving me a buy 4 get 1 free deal. I even posted about not being able to sustain in this thread but kept pounding at it with absolutely no change over the course of like a week and a half. I was chiseling, rolling pack size, and using sextants as often as I could.

I died on that character and now have another one in the 90s farming shaped spider forest with literally nothing changed aside from no bisco's and I am drowning in maps.
I get a drop nearly every single run and often 2 or 3 per run. What the gently caress am I missing?

Bisco's doesn't do anything for map drops one way or another. You got RNGed.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Where do I go from here in terms of upgrades for this character? Obviously a level 20 Swift Affliction will help, but other than that I'm not sure what the most cost-effective way to increase my DPS would be.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

Just sounds like bad luck, plus 74% atlas bonus is pushing it. If you could get the atlas bonus up it'd help. I have my only T10/11/12 as dunes/spider forest/ashen wood, and I just run whatever of those I have. My collection of spider forests and ashen woods is growing steadily, if I wanted to exclusively do spider forests I'd remove all the T12s entirely but I don't care. That's with 101% atlas bonus, and bisco's even though bisco's doesn't matter. I also am not rerolling the ones with elemental reflect that I can't do, I'm just setting them aside in another tab for another character to do later. Even while doing that I'm still gaining maps overall.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Just sold my +1 frenzy darkrays for 6ex, thanks Mathil.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

StashAugustine posted:

Is this worth anything? Spell+crit+flat ES+increased ES sounds nice but the resists suck and there doesnt seem to be a ton of ES this league

Not really worth much. Life is much better this league.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think cyclone is really good at dealing with guardians and shaper, because their attacks are mostly directional instead of AOEs focused around themselves. That means you constantly spin through them at such a high relative radial velocity that none of their attacks can track you properly. Caveats for Phoenix bomb and shaper slams though.

Cyclone has problems against uber atziri though, her flameblasts come out so quickly that you often don't have time to react while locked into a spin, and single flameblasts are quite capable of killing you.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey, so poking at my build in PoB shows that with stupid good gear (enchants, 6l, 20/20 gems, +1 drillneck, dying sun), I can get just over 400K DPS vs Shaper/Guardians (assuming point blank, flasks up, and charges up with frenzy). Does that sound like enough to run Shaper?

(With said gear assuming worst case of no point blank, no frenzy charges, no flasks, it's only like 150k, although I can see about getting better jewels)

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 13, 2017

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That probably is, but still seems low for a completely maxed out character

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mr. Despair posted:

This is definitely not the problem with trades. Plenty of players can't clear guardians even with a Starforge.

that said I'm dicking around with killing shaper (almost there) and guardians (already doable) at level 80 with no "endgame" gear at all. Need some tweaks to the build but it's already pretty fun (ele bladeflurry with a crazy claw, fwiw)

Nah they've said they consider itemization progression wrt ease of trade in specific to be "a crisis"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

dyzzy posted:

That probably is, but still seems low for a completely maxed out character

For the record, https://pastebin.com/LuVq1tnn is current build and https://pastebin.com/ePwmvw1U is theoretical build

One thing I noticed is that the bleed doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I love how people keep listing poo poo at ~30c exalt pricing, the cheapest xoph amulet online atm is 12ex. Yeah, how about no.

Market manipulators can go suck a shotgun.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Xoph's blood was like 550~600c before the price fix and is now ~10ex so it really hasn't changed that much

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Yeah, Xoph's Blood was never that cheap.

Never did get one for my character :(

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Let's talk lacerate goons

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I just got kicked from the realm after getting to Uber Izaro for the first time. Justice... is served...

:negative:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Skill of choice for Starforge!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

nightwisher posted:

Market manipulators can go suck a shotgun.

If something has a low, low supply and rising demand, it sorta makes sense for the guys with 10k+ chaos sitting around to buy up the only 3-4 on the market and double their price.

But it does feel sucky if you don't grab the item before the spike and you wanted to build out of it.

Just pray mathil doesn't consider using semi-rare items you want to use in the future.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

theshim posted:

Skill of choice for Starforge!

I'm going in broke as gently caress

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Bob NewSCART posted:

It's fine. Very generic. I thought it felt bad until multistrike and then it was fine. I wouldn't expect to have a lot of fun with vanilla lacerate, but it has some potential.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Lacerate and cleave both feel super bad to me, like I had more fun using static strike last league than lacerate :v:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dely Apple posted:

I just got kicked from the realm after getting to Uber Izaro for the first time. Justice... is served...

:negative:

It seems this is the ending you deserve

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

A few searches didn't narrow this down, you got a link? Need a new build

it's from the old thread:

quote:

if anyone wants to buy any of my gear, here's my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account...kchu/characters

this leagues chars are po_d, po_la, pokmoo, and po_t

po_d currently easily farms any content in game, highlights include 6L starforge, 5L cospris and sins rebirth
po_la is a stupid pile of poo poo with a 6L slivertongue and a 6L perfect form

I have way less dps (cospris nerf, 5 link, rare helmet with 120 life, cheap jewels, no sins rebirth), and haven't tried shaper

the vaal temple kill was p good because I used Maim and a 36% qual Temp Chains to kite the last guy

Lacerate feels super comfortable on this guy, especially when it's some rear end in a top hat cycloning past you and you driveby swipe his rear end all the way :v:

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
What's up goons. I feel like I hit a wall with my tornado shot/barrage crit ele conversion raider. I'm running around with 4k life and t9-10 bosses are starting to be capable of one shotting me, or outdamaging my leech. I would like to do Atziri and Shaper for the first time, but is this build really viable for that?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

I'm going in broke as gently caress

I did pretty well in 2.6 with a Slayer using Soul Taker, Advancing Fortress, Bringer of Rain, Stone of Lahzwar, and a bunch of rares. Dirt cheap and I got to 76k dps with it while focusing way too much on defense. It was an RT build, too. I expect you could do much better DPS if you didn't focus on block percentage and regen/leech as much as I did. I'm not sure it's really possible to go crit with soul taker though. Swords would be a better choice for crit.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dance Officer posted:

What's up goons. I feel like I hit a wall with my tornado shot/barrage crit ele conversion raider. I'm running around with 4k life and t9-10 bosses are starting to be capable of one shotting me, or outdamaging my leech. I would like to do Atziri and Shaper for the first time, but is this build really viable for that?

honestly it seems you need better gear, ele barrage is insanely good for boss killing

post your character is what im saying :D

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dance Officer posted:

That build sounds good, but you need to fix some poo poo on tree or gear, can't tell more without seeing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I could use a price check on this wand:

I picked it up for 30c but I know it's worth a fair bit more than that, just not how much. I'm thinking about upgrading from it and was wondering how much I could get for it. Or maybe I should just pick up upgrades to my other slots since I know they're pretty lovely. Ignore the gems, I'm just leveling a bunch of random stuff.

e: I'm also very tempted to lock suffixes and try to annul off the mana roll, someone stop me

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Sep 13, 2017

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

honestly it seems you need better gear, ele barrage is insanely good for boss killing

post your character is what im saying :D

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That build sounds good, but you need to fix some poo poo on tree or gear, can't tell more without seeing.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/danceofficer/characters

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

As a raider I'd say you're better off with cold damage.

Passives
Get Winter Spirit, Fangs of Frost
You should not need Sprit Void, just the hybrid leech node should cover all your mana issues - if not, get a jewel with +2 mana on hit.
Heavy Draw is probably not worth the investment, need to PoB that to check.
Same with Coldhearted Calculation, I tend to favor going north from Vaal Pact instead of through Nullification.

Support gems:
Get Ice Bite, Added Cold damage.
Drop Phys2Light and probably PPAD

Slightly longer project would be to switch from Lioneye's Glare to a better crit bow, I would recommend Death's Opus but Mathil hiked the price of that massively and you need accuracy on gear to do that.

That said, you should check out Mathil's Ice Shot raider that I posted recently. You can use whatever skill you want, it's pretty much the same build.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Can't decide on what unique bow to use if I want to make a bow pathfinder, seems to be what everyone uses is barrage for boss killing and optional AoE skill for crowds like tornado shot or ice shot.

Windripper and stacking quantity gear for mapping and chin sol swap for bosses?
Doomfletch prism x2 one with tornado shot one with barrage and a kaom's chest for a 7k hp bow user?
something involving reach of the council or death opus?
Or just go wander, but I'm not sure of the pro/cons of wand vs bow.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

I could use a price check on this wand:

I picked it up for 30c but I know it's worth a fair bit more than that, just not how much. I'm thinking about upgrading from it and was wondering how much I could get for it. Or maybe I should just pick up upgrades to my other slots since I know they're pretty lovely. Ignore the gems, I'm just leveling a bunch of random stuff.

e: I'm also very tempted to lock suffixes and try to annul off the mana roll, someone stop me

I'm not actually sure it's worth any more than you paid, if that. It's only barely better than a Piscators, and piscators is better with a rare shield/esh's mirror.

I'm not expert on the wander's market but I wouldn't buy this as an upgrade to Piscator's, it's also not an ideal base.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Can't decide on what unique bow to use if I want to make a bow pathfinder, seems to be what everyone uses is barrage for boss killing and optional AoE skill for crowds like tornado shot or ice shot.

Windripper and stacking quantity gear for mapping and chin sol swap for bosses?
Doomfletch prism x2 one with tornado shot one with barrage and a kaom's chest for a 7k hp bow user?
something involving reach of the council or death opus?
Or just go wander, but I'm not sure of the pro/cons of wand vs bow.

all those options vary in how much they cost unless you mean going from moneymaking Windripper to endgaming Doomfletch

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

all those options vary in how much they cost unless you mean going from moneymaking Windripper to endgaming Doomfletch

I already have all of the bows sitting in my stash and a few thousand chaos burning a hole in my pocket to try and make a powerful build to either farm another few thousand or to try for bosses, already have a kaom but wouldn't mind trying the movespeed of a queen.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

it's from the old thread:

I have way less dps (cospris nerf, 5 link, rare helmet with 120 life, cheap jewels, no sins rebirth), and haven't tried shaper

the vaal temple kill was p good because I used Maim and a 36% qual Temp Chains to kite the last guy

Lacerate feels super comfortable on this guy, especially when it's some rear end in a top hat cycloning past you and you driveby swipe his rear end all the way :v:

I also went back after 3.0 dropped and did the exact same tree, with no gear/gem/skill changes and managed to wipe all guardians + shaper deathless

it's still really good, nerfs barely touched it (at least at my gear level on that guy)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

StashAugustine posted:

For the record, https://pastebin.com/LuVq1tnn is current build and https://pastebin.com/ePwmvw1U is theoretical build

One thing I noticed is that the bleed doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot?

Crimson dance doesn't show properly in PoB I think? So that number should be 8x what it is.

idk much about bleed builds tbh. Wouldn't you want a skill that hits harder but less often to proc bigger bleeds?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Had a chance to check in PoB.

This is the tree I would recommend at your level (+1) url

To go with the suggested gem swaps.

Buy 3 jewels with life and 1-2 of (depending on your budget) bow aspeed, bow physical, projectile damage, global crit mult, phys damage, aspeed. That's roughly the order of importance.

Buy a Starkonja's or a rare helmet with life and resists.

Use Herald of Ice instead of Thunder.

*One note, this tree has 20 less int - which would impact your CoH, Assassin's Mark and HoT. And you should still use two of those, though the level of them is not quite as important.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 13, 2017

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
I am baffled as to how someone ends up getting from the 'kicking around 10 - 30 chaos orbs' to 'I'm sitting on thousands of chaos orbs to fool around with' stage, having played off and on since the game's release. I got pretty into this update with the new act structure and whatnot and have gotten a slayer to 80 where I'm cruising through maps and working my way up the atlas--but I still only really 'trickle' currency.

Along the way I've spent probably 50c or so cherry-picking upgrades for flasks and other gear and am sitting fairly cozily at capped resistances and a roughly 4.5k life / 40k dps cyclone setup; apart from the occasional surprise one-shot from surprise sources (though I've long since stopped opening boxes that freeze upon activation) I have enough life and mana leech going that I've been pretty much steamrolling things pretty quickly to where I only occasionally even need to use flasks.

I know that continuing to upgrade gear is generally going to be the path ahead, even if I haven't yet hit any roadblocks map-wise I'm up to T8 so far and climbing and know that'll change. Mostly I'm just circling on fairly slow but steady currency acquisition; relatively garbage uniques are dropping constantly, I'll average a chaos orb per map / every other map with various other fusing / etc. dropping and I've now taken to actively vendor recipe turning drops into chaos and regal orbs--but it feels like I'm never going to dent the cost of getting actual top end gear that'll crank things to 11.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

You just have to player much more, and more efficiently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You just have to player much more, and more efficiently.

This point always gets made, but I think it gets overlooked and dismissed a lot, but it's absolutely true.

The least-intrusive way to "make money" is to sell valuable things which drop. You can either run maps/zones that specific things can drop (Shaper, Atziri, Guardians, Council, etc.) or you can just plow through below-limit maps as quickly as possible (like, 90 seconds quick.) That's how you end up with Shavs, Sin's Rebirth, Belly, or whatever standard uniques actually sell decently.

Other than that, you're looking at methods which are increasingly more "metagame" intensive. Farming and chain running prophecies is a good example, which I used to good effect at the end of my time in Legacy to amass roughly 7500 chaos by league's end. But that requires buying and maintaining a large stock of silver coins, spending a non-insignificant amount of time culling crappy prophecies, and then finally running zones and maps to trigger the good ones.

Then you get into things like currency flipping and what-not, that have you spending more time out of game than in.

If you just want to make money while playing the game as intended, it comes down to doing things incredibly fast and mindlessly (Bisco's collar is a new development that makes this method even more viable.)