Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I'm kind of bothered that after a huge back and forth Kasu got voted kinda outta nowhere.

every vote on him is hot garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I'm more caught up now and I believe Bif but I don't disbelieve Taste.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Jonathan Fisk posted:

every vote on him is hot garbage

I agree, I think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I'm more caught up now and I believe Bif but I don't disbelieve Taste.

What's your take on KB's vote on Kasu?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tbc for the uninvolved these fence sitters actually believe there is both a superjailer and a doc in a 13 player game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

KB can I get a ruling on whether "an edgier Anidav" is namecalling?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

CCKeane posted:

It's better than his Chevalier imitation but I don't understand the reason for the vote. I wouldn't vote KB yet but it's a bit of a red flag for him

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

tbc for the uninvolved these fence sitters actually believe there is both a superjailer and a doc in a 13 player game

And a PGO!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you're with me keano I'd appreciate a vote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

KB can I get a ruling on whether "an edgier Anidav" is namecalling?

Naw.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

To the people questioning the Kasu vote, look at his posting this game. Look at how he's jumped from one wrong thing to another throughout the game. I don't think he's actually wrong anymore, I think he's faking.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I agree, I think.

CCKeane posted:

BTW, look at this garbage too. Keane still on my list for a reason.

"I don't want to waste my fake vote on KB unless it has some support. Let me dabble with this and see where it goes before I commit."

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Didn't have time to read like I thought I would this morning and I'm leaving for Oklahoma now. If yall could quote my post here and link me to your case so I will have something to read at the pump and to think over on the second half of my drive, that'd be cool. See yall tonight

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

Didn't have time to read like I thought I would this morning and I'm leaving for Oklahoma now. If yall could quote my post here and link me to your case so I will have something to read at the pump and to think over on the second half of my drive, that'd be cool. See yall tonight

Instead of just linking I'll try and do a tl;dr recap

* My role is a jailer, where I can choose whether I wish to kill my target. (it reminds me of the variant where you get a temporary masonry with the prisoner, so you can decide whether or not to kill them, but I don't get that cool part. i just gotta pick murder or no murder.)

* Last night I didn't feel certain enough to jump to killing anybody yet, so I jailed more defensively: I picked Birdstrike cause he'd participated well, I liked his reads on Somber, YT and Kasu and thought he sounded town (and if i was wrong well, he gets blocked so there)

* No deaths last night, and Fisk shows up all "hey I was BP and scum tried to kill me but failed". I hint that this isn't the only possible explanation, but ask if he's been actually notified of his BP going off cause that'd make it pretty clear. Fisk dodges the question and says he's just pretty sure it was him. This sounds like bullshit to me since why would he assume that confidently that he was the target? When there's easy alternate explanations out there like a doc or block? I'd see Birdstrike as a much likelier target than Fisk and get worried that Fisk is trying to muddy the waters and claim false town cred. To check my memory, I re-read Fisk and it doesn't take long. He had only one single post where he made actual reads, maybe a couple more with very light opinions but not stating a case. And he didn't cast a single vote until it was crunch time on binus.

* I try and see if I could get Fisk lunched without having to out my role, by making this case on him:

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote Fisk

Fisk spent D1 doing practically nothing. His first game post that came anywhere close to a read or opinion on another player was this:

quote:

Here it is

The mega townie slap fight call

to mildly criticize one of YT's posts. If YT is in fact scum, this would be some nice tame distancing.

Then he had this post which is the entirety of all his actual reads D1:

quote:

Thanks, friend

Gun to head I'd go with KB

Though somber is a possibility

He never cast a single vote all day until he voted b-minus to help secure that lunch.

And now he thinks the scum wanna kill him? I think it's far more likely the scum got blocked or the target got doc'ed, and he's trying to make the most of it.

* Kasu chimes in all "this is more scumhunting than town Fisk usually does!" :iceburn: Fisk then OMGUSes me hard. He jumps right to calling me desperate before he even casts the first vote on me. And at every single turn he's framing things in a dodgy way or misrepresenting my posts. He tried to imply that I was arguing he had a "gotcha" claim on KB with his night actions when I did no such thing, I just criticized him for having only 1 post with reads, and his KB case was a mere gut read at that with no further effort or explanation. He tried to imply I was rolefishing about what he'd already come forward to claim, while constantly insisting how there was no counter evidence against his claim, just baiting me to come out with it.

* Kasu once again backs up his bud Fisk, and so far the thread tone seems to not be promising and it's already dragging out into a huge slapfight, so I claim. Fisk then decides to up his claim from BP to town doctor, who self-protected. Surprisingly, Kasu who thought the BP claim was too early or too risky for Fisk has no problem with him proving it was a gambit all along, and has no problem with believing I'm doing a much more outlandish lie for even less reason.

* Birb goofs around like usual to claim he's barely reading the thread and refuses to confirm he was blocked, though eventually he says he believes me. Doesn't give me a good feeling what with his earlier ninja-edited-out post.

* I would like to lunch Kasu instead today since I'm still pretty sure about him being scum, but not AS sure as Fisk, who I can then attempt to murder tonight.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im at a funeral rn and prob wont be able to be as barely active as i usually am for a while :)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

just to keep the scum guessing, maybe I'll murder flerp instead :v:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, look at this garbage too. Keane still on my list for a reason.

"I don't want to waste my fake vote on KB unless it has some support. Let me dabble with this and see where it goes before I commit."

I tend not to vote quickly, because I don't have the hubris of some other posters.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Instead of just linking I'll try and do a tl;dr recap

* My role is a jailer, where I can choose whether I wish to kill my target. (it reminds me of the variant where you get a temporary masonry with the prisoner, so you can decide whether or not to kill them, but I don't get that cool part. i just gotta pick murder or no murder.)

* Last night I didn't feel certain enough to jump to killing anybody yet, so I jailed more defensively: I picked Birdstrike cause he'd participated well, I liked his reads on Somber, YT and Kasu and thought he sounded town (and if i was wrong well, he gets blocked so there)

* No deaths last night, and Fisk shows up all "hey I was BP and scum tried to kill me but failed". I hint that this isn't the only possible explanation, but ask if he's been actually notified of his BP going off cause that'd make it pretty clear. Fisk dodges the question and says he's just pretty sure it was him. This sounds like bullshit to me since why would he assume that confidently that he was the target? When there's easy alternate explanations out there like a doc or block? I'd see Birdstrike as a much likelier target than Fisk and get worried that Fisk is trying to muddy the waters and claim false town cred. To check my memory, I re-read Fisk and it doesn't take long. He had only one single post where he made actual reads, maybe a couple more with very light opinions but not stating a case. And he didn't cast a single vote until it was crunch time on binus.

* I try and see if I could get Fisk lunched without having to out my role, by making this case on him:

to mildly criticize one of YT's posts. If YT is in fact scum, this would be some nice tame distancing.

Then he had this post which is the entirety of all his actual reads D1:

He never cast a single vote all day until he voted b-minus to help secure that lunch.

And now he thinks the scum wanna kill him? I think it's far more likely the scum got blocked or the target got doc'ed, and he's trying to make the most of it.

* Kasu chimes in all "this is more scumhunting than town Fisk usually does!" :iceburn: Fisk then OMGUSes me hard. He jumps right to calling me desperate before he even casts the first vote on me. And at every single turn he's framing things in a dodgy way or misrepresenting my posts. He tried to imply that I was arguing he had a "gotcha" claim on KB with his night actions when I did no such thing, I just criticized him for having only 1 post with reads, and his KB case was a mere gut read at that with no further effort or explanation. He tried to imply I was rolefishing about what he'd already come forward to claim, while constantly insisting how there was no counter evidence against his claim, just baiting me to come out with it.

* Kasu once again backs up his bud Fisk, and so far the thread tone seems to not be promising and it's already dragging out into a huge slapfight, so I claim. Fisk then decides to up his claim from BP to town doctor, who self-protected. Surprisingly, Kasu who thought the BP claim was too early or too risky for Fisk has no problem with him proving it was a gambit all along, and has no problem with believing I'm doing a much more outlandish lie for even less reason.

* Birb goofs around like usual to claim he's barely reading the thread and refuses to confirm he was blocked, though eventually he says he believes me. Doesn't give me a good feeling what with his earlier ninja-edited-out post.

* I would like to lunch Kasu instead today since I'm still pretty sure about him being scum, but not AS sure as Fisk, who I can then attempt to murder tonight.
[/quote]

Why are you more sure on Kasu than Fisk? How would Kasu's flip inform your opinion on Fisk?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Why are you more sure on Kasu than Fisk? How would Kasu's flip inform your opinion on Fisk?
[/quote]

I don't know how this happened but I'm tripling down.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

looks like you figured it out now - I am not more sure about Kasu than Fisk, but I still feel fairly sure now that Kasu is scum based on how dodgy all his defenses of Fisk have sounded today. So I'd be happy to lunch him today instead of Fisk, that way I can save my murder attempt for the one I feel most absolutely confident about, and save myself some potential embarrassment and a likely mislunch if I was wrong about somebody else.

If Kasu flipped scum I'd just continue to believe Fisk is also scum. If Kasu flipped town I'd be very surprised, but it wouldn't convince me that I'm wrong about Fisk. It's hardly the first time town would've bought into really bad arguments against me.

My opinion on Fisk could only be changed by Fisk himself. ...or maybe a hypothetical daycop but I'd still feel pretty suss until they flipped.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

My opinion on Fisk could only be changed by Fisk himself. ...or maybe a hypothetical daycop but I'd still feel pretty suss until they flipped.

to clarify - it could be changed by Fisk dramatically improving his casing and posting all of a sudden and throwing down a bunch of reads and solid reasoning instead of just Night Action Mafia, until it was enough to think he might have a town mindset.

I'd still suspect his doc claim is implausible, but seeing as you're claiming PGO and KB is claiming something else cool that he thinks is too much, I don't know why everyone's thinking this is supposed to be a tame vanilla setup. So it could be at least somehow possible.

....I don't actually believe Fisk will ever post well enough to overcome that extremely high hurdle though, no.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

looks like you figured it out now - I am not more sure about Kasu than Fisk, but I still feel fairly sure now that Kasu is scum based on how dodgy all his defenses of Fisk have sounded today. So I'd be happy to lunch him today instead of Fisk, that way I can save my murder attempt for the one I feel most absolutely confident about, and save myself some potential embarrassment and a likely mislunch if I was wrong about somebody else.

If Kasu flipped scum I'd just continue to believe Fisk is also scum. If Kasu flipped town I'd be very surprised, but it wouldn't convince me that I'm wrong about Fisk. It's hardly the first time town would've bought into really bad arguments against me.

Assuming the reverse, how would your opinion of Kasu be affected by Fisk's flip?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also it is MASSIVELY weird to vote your #2 instead of your #1 for the reasons you listed. Is there something else at work here?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Assuming the reverse, how would your opinion of Kasu be affected by Fisk's flip?

Assuming Fisk flips scum, I'd continue to see Kasu as scummy and backing him up with dodgy arguments.

If Fisk flipped town, that would give me a lot more pause on just the whole game in general and I'd have to rethink everything. I'm pretty sure I'd still see Kasu as very scummy though. I'm not sure why as town he'd back up Fisk so much in the way he did while also having no issue with Fisk proving his BP claim really was a gambit all along, and also believing my claim isn't too outlandish to be doing this early. I'd see Kasu as still independently scummy, but for different motivations - trying to buddy up to a controversial townie instead of putting out scum calls.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Also it is MASSIVELY weird to vote your #2 instead of your #1 for the reasons you listed. Is there something else at work here?

I just don't wanna be all "please give me a chance to prove my role tonight" and then maybe fuckin blow it :v:

also if people are worried about Fisk maybe being the doctor, he gets a chance to defend himself if it's real! :buddy:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Sorry this has been a busy morning for me, landlord hell and a job interview. I'll have a bit of time to catch up in the early evening.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I just don't wanna be all "please give me a chance to prove my role tonight" and then maybe fuckin blow it :v:

also if people are worried about Fisk maybe being the doctor, he gets a chance to defend himself if it's real! :buddy:

Can you elaborate?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You can keep blurting out "Night Action Mafia" like it's invalid all you like but it's half the loving game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Can you elaborate?

I understand that people are gonna be all :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: when it comes to lunching a claimed doctor no matter how dodgy his posting may be, so why not just try and prove my role tonight instead of forcing the decision today? If he really is a doctor who can self-protect, he can just go on doing it like he claims he successfully did last night, right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Seriously, how stupid would it sound if I tried to say you were just wasting time playing "post analysis mafia"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You can keep blurting out "Night Action Mafia" like it's invalid all you like but it's half the loving game.

actually as you can see in my post above I'm happy to work on both halves :dance:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hey, if you're willing to have a scum rolecop back me up, sure. Somehow I doubt that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

hey, if you're willing to have a scum rolecop back me up, sure. Somehow I doubt that.

I do not understand this post.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Neither of us can prove our claims via actions. We can prove alignments if you want to ferret out a cop but that's a waste.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Neither of us can prove our claims via actions.

no I really think I can :buddy:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Omg you two

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

no I really think I can :buddy:

we've established you're delusional already tho

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal if you don't use your drat common sense itt i will never forgive you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

we've established you're delusional already tho

It was really funny looking back to recap for Chaos and seeing how you called me "desperate" when not even you had voted for me yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

It was really funny looking back to recap for Chaos and seeing how you called me "desperate" when not even you had voted for me yet.

you're desperate whether i vote for you or not.

• Locked thread