Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tell me how you'll prove your role tonight, in a fashion that isn't "did I roleblock you?" or "I killed them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

you're desperate whether i vote for you or not.

on the contrary, I think it is you who is the one who is desperate

You claimed I was all desperate to lunch a BP but I'm happy to defer till tonight

You on the other hand, really don't want to let me get a shot off

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

tell me how you'll prove your role tonight, in a fashion that isn't "did I roleblock you?" or "I killed them"

I am going to use my VIOLENCE power on you until you are dead. Unless you get your scumbuds to stop me, then you can try and mislunch me again tomorrow, but I think I can accept that more if it keeps the cop safe in the meantime. And maybe some watcher will catch an all-new scum if they block me! You'll have to think hard about what to do! :buddy:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I am going to use my VIOLENCE power on you until you are dead. Unless you get your scumbuds to stop me, then you can try and mislunch me again tomorrow, but I think I can accept that more if it keeps the cop safe in the meantime. And maybe some watcher will catch an all-new scum if they block me! You'll have to think hard about what to do! :buddy:

ok, so you're going to try to kill the claimed doctor if you can't lynch him today. But I can choose to not protect anyone else to save myself, because as a town person this is a normal thing to think is a good idea to force on your town protective role

I don't see how this would prove anything other than you being a scum who can kill people, but hey, this town is bad

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

on the contrary, I think it is you who is the one who is desperate

You claimed I was all desperate to lunch a BP but I'm happy to defer till tonight

You on the other hand, really don't want to let me get a shot off

It's weird that as town, I don't want to let scum live when it's loving obvious to anyone with the right chromosomes that they're scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

ok, so you're going to try to kill the claimed doctor if you can't lynch him today. But I can choose to not protect anyone else to save myself, because as a town person this is a normal thing to think is a good idea to force on your town protective role

if I'm the scum and you just protect yourself, how is it so bad to force on the protective role then? It'd be wasting the NK if you really think I'm scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bifauxnen posted:

I understand that people are gonna be all :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: when it comes to lunching a claimed doctor no matter how dodgy his posting may be, so why not just try and prove my role tonight instead of forcing the decision today? If he really is a doctor who can self-protect, he can just go on doing it like he claims he successfully did last night, right?

I thought you were a jailor (protect/rb), but I'll admit my eyes glazed over a bit for the last couple of exchanges.

Wouldn't your role block fisk from protecting himself?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's weird that as town, I don't want to let scum live when it's loving obvious to anyone with the right chromosomes that they're scum.

If you're scum this game you're playing surprisingly nasty. I might just have to make you a policy lunch/vig after this.

If you're town congrats on continuing on from Genesis and loving everything up two games in a row!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

I thought you were a jailor (protect/rb), but I'll admit my eyes glazed over a bit for the last couple of exchanges.

Wouldn't your role block fisk from protecting himself?

well yes, but Fisk believes my claim to be false

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

if I'm the scum and you just protect yourself, how is it so bad to force on the protective role then? It'd be wasting the NK if you really think I'm scum.

That's fair, but if yall have a juggernaut it's neither here nor there.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
here we go again

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

If you're scum this game you're playing surprisingly nasty. I might just have to make you a policy lunch/vig after this.

If you're town congrats on continuing on from Genesis and loving everything up two games in a row!

Remember when i made correct calls all game and town couldn't mobilize properly like 3 times

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

well yes, but Fisk believes my claim to be false

Interesting.

So you are saying Fisk has a chance to prove himself as the doctor, but how would he do this?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Interesting.

So you are saying Fisk has a chance to prove himself as the doctor, but how would he do this?

not dying :downs:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Interesting.

he would in the universe where I was scum just bullshitting about this way-too-amazing role like he is trying to argue.

unfortunately for him though, my claim is real.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

he would in the universe where I was scum just bullshitting about this way-too-amazing role like he is trying to argue.

well, I guess town has to act to stop someone from killing the doctor :smug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

As an aside I actually don't understand how sensitive to banter some people can be in sa mafia. like, have you not gone outside irl. have you not hung out with people who rag on you because it's a pastime and it's totally normal to razz occasionally. Have you never played sports and talked poo poo, or hell video games with voice chat i guess

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Right.

So where I am coming from is that you are saying he'd have a chance to use his ability, but if you are being truthful he wouldn't?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

As an aside I actually don't understand how sensitive to banter some people can be in sa mafia. like, have you not gone outside irl. have you not hung out with people who rag on you because it's a pastime and it's totally normal to razz occasionally. Have you never played sports and talked poo poo, or hell video games with voice chat i guess

you can keep on going I'm not really bothered by it, just got to say I'm amazed that you put even my worst trashtalk to shame. If anything I'm more annoyed how much you get a pass on it when I get more complaints when I'm in rage mode. :v:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I just don't wanna be all "please give me a chance to prove my role tonight" and then maybe fuckin blow it :v:

also if people are worried about Fisk maybe being the doctor, he gets a chance to defend himself if it's real! :buddy:

Like the second point here, he doesn't have a chance to defend himself, you've unilaterally decided you are going to kill him. It's weird for a variety of reasons, the more I think about it.

Most notably here, it is very useful to see who is/isn't on a scum execution, in the best case scenario here (you town, Fisk scum) you are removing that from us.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

you can keep on going I'm not really bothered by it, just got to say I'm amazed that you put even my worst trashtalk to shame. If anything I'm more annoyed how much you get a pass on it when I get more complaints when I'm in rage mode. :v:

it's bc i'm quick with it and funny, op

or maybe australians are just the worst

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Right.

So where I am coming from is that you are saying he'd have a chance to use his ability, but if you are being truthful he wouldn't?

he will not actually have a chance, no. I'm not bothered by this because I feel certain he is scum. But I hope to make the point that if he really was the doctor and really believed I'm scum and I'm lying about my role because it's really too amazing to believe, he would have had a chance.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Like the second point here, he doesn't have a chance to defend himself, you've unilaterally decided you are going to kill him. It's weird for a variety of reasons, the more I think about it.

Most notably here, it is very useful to see who is/isn't on a scum execution, in the best case scenario here (you town, Fisk scum) you are removing that from us.

keane, look into my eyes.

call me up if you need

i'm town, and bif is scum

be on the right side of history, my friend

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Whoa, in a way, it's literally the most vulgar word, "mode".

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

keane, look into my eyes.

call me up if you need

i'm town, and bif is scum

be on the right side of history, my friend

I'm being thoughtful here, gets better results.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

my first choice was to just argue about how scummy Fisk was and ideally not claim either, but that ship has sailed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

he will not actually have a chance, no. I'm not bothered by this because I feel certain he is scum. But I hope to make the point that if he really was the doctor and really believed I'm scum and I'm lying about my role because it's really too amazing to believe, he would have had a chance.

Right, so you're saying Fisk wouldn't have a chance to defend himself if he was wrong about you being scum. This is divorced from him defending himself as being scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Right, so you're saying Fisk wouldn't have a chance to defend himself if he was wrong about you being scum. This is divorced from him defending himself as being scum.

I'm not sure I parsed your second sentence correctly.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not sure I parsed your second sentence correctly.

Fisk has a chance to be wrong about you being scum.

Fisk has no chance to defend himself from you thinking he is scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Chance I won't need, fam :killdozer:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bif, the difference in our positions is that no matter what happens with this lynch, I can continue to help town and am forced to live by thread consensus. You as you claimed will do whatever you like regardless of what town thinks. Even in your claims you're scummy af

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Fisk has a chance to be wrong about you being scum.

Fisk has no chance to defend himself from you thinking he is scum.

this is true as far as night actions go.

He might have defended himself during today though if he hadn't played around with this BP gambit poo poo constantly insisting how THERE'S NO COUNTER EVIDENCE THAT HE WASN'T BP SAVING HIMSELF and flushing my claim out, then complained about me rolefishing him, and continued to post as disingenuously at me as possible all drat day.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Bif, the difference in our positions is that no matter what happens with this lynch, I can continue to help town and am forced to live by thread consensus. You as you claimed will do whatever you like regardless of what town thinks. Even in your claims you're scummy af

except not really, cause if town really has a problem with my plans they can just lunch me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

this is true as far as night actions go.

He might have defended himself during today though if he hadn't played around with this BP gambit poo poo constantly insisting how THERE'S NO COUNTER EVIDENCE THAT HE WASN'T BP SAVING HIMSELF and flushing my claim out, then complained about me rolefishing him, and continued to post as disingenuously at me as possible all drat day.

How has you claiming your role negatively affected town outside of leading me to claim?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

How has you claiming your role negatively affected town outside of leading me to claim?

I am town, and I'm not claiming that I can protect myself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I am town, and I'm not claiming that I can protect myself.

well, apply that master's degree in scum targeting you pulled out earlier and you'd see no scum in their right mind would kill you rn as town

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

well, apply that master's degree in scum targeting you pulled out earlier and you'd see no scum in their right mind would kill you rn as town

I believe my role is too powerful and my activity too dangerous for that to be true if I survive your attempt today, but here's hoping :buddy:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I believe my role is too powerful and my activity too dangerous for that to be true if I survive your attempt today, but here's hoping :buddy:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

There's like a keg of win in front of me and help help I don't really like wine.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

There's like a keg of win in front of me and help help I don't really like wine.

If only you could read back from the start of the day and see if my behavior reads as genuine from someone who is what I claim, and if Fisk reads as genuine in his attempts to discredit me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

hmm, vote bif and drink beer imo

• Locked thread