Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lasca
May 8, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Which episode did Roger reveal he had 1 costume per character that nobody could recognize?

Season 8 episode 9, the one where Stan tries to save up to join a golf club, Hulk Hogan, and things get too spicy for the pepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And they all go to Long John Silver's!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

FlamingLiberal posted:

I completely forgot Bordertown even existed. Did that even get a full season? The animation looked awful.

It got a half-season (13 episodes). I made it through about 30 seconds into the first one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The horror movie parody scenes were pretty well done and I laughed at one of the notes at the end saying "get stickier post it."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Now remember folks, his intention is to live. So if he drowns he loses the talent show.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Who'd Lauren Lapkus voice in tonight's episode?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm gonna guess she's the talent show cowgirl, if only for lack of other options.

That whole wasp honey thing was weird and ridiculous.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I love the return of Robert Wuhl.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think I laughed out loud more at that episode than I have all season, and this has been a great season!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
West to Mexico
Stan becomes a wanted man, running from Roger the bounty hunter, and ends up in a town in need of a good guy to help Principal Lewis, Francine, Steve and Hayley.

The return of Horse Renoir?? :allears:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

The_Doctor posted:

West to Mexico
Stan becomes a wanted man, running from Roger the bounty hunter, and ends up in a town in need of a good guy to help Principal Lewis, Francine, Steve and Hayley.

The return of Horse Renoir?? :allears:

Also, I believe this is the season finale.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Is it a Nick Sparks parody? If he's sanding a boat we'll know.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Also, I believe this is the season finale.

Wow, it's been a long rear end season, but a very good one. The finale sounds epic

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

The_Doctor posted:

I think I laughed out loud more at that episode than I have all season, and this has been a great season!
They essentially made Roger the limo driver the A-plot but only slightly less crazy.

Last Chance posted:

Wow, it's been a long rear end season, but a very good one.
It was!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO9MoEI7l08

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

A MIRACLE posted:

drat I forgot about that movie. Wasn't Norm MacDonald in that? Wtf I have to go watch it now

You're thinking of Dirty Work with Norm & Artie Lange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlWpx55Mo5s

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
I was wondering where Jeff had been.

Then BOOM! Jeff!

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Right before the Bo-Peep strip show they were doing a piano Shenandoah arrangement. The same song as the intro on The 200. drat that's a good song.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PotatoJudge posted:

I was wondering where Jeff had been.

Then BOOM! Jeff!

:rip: Jeff

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Roger, saving the day because he can move super fast.

American Dad is really good with these episodes.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Last Chance posted:

Wow, it's been a long rear end season, but a very good one. The finale sounds epic

It seems like a longer season because of the weird scheduling TBS had with American Dad

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

It seems like a longer season because of the weird scheduling TBS had with American Dad

I'm still not sure if they're trying to kill it off entirely. The scheduling is beyond poo poo. There was what, like 3 month gap before christmas or something?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Ah good stuff.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm still not sure if they're trying to kill it off entirely. The scheduling is beyond poo poo. There was what, like 3 month gap before christmas or something?

It's renewed and it gets good ratings. I don't know why TBS would be dumping it intentionally.

Honestly, I think Turner figures the money's not really coming from premieres of their shows as much as it comes from reruns and streaming deals. This is the same network that basically dumped all of a critically acclaimed show, Search Party, at once, and still renewed it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

patrick stewart
david koechner
sherriff wanted trope
here we are! they're all... dead!! ...I told you it weren't much!
animation quality
steve song even if it was only 3 seconds long
who did danny trejo play

episode had everything

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Milo and POTUS posted:

There's at least one more season to come.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm assuming Trejo played one of the banditos (not racist).

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

The odd scheduling may be due to them wanting to bank new episodes of AD for the purposes of using it as a lead-in to other series. They seem to run it when they also have new episodes of Angie Tribeca or whatever else.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
What odd scheduling are you guys talking about? We just had a run of 20 something new episodes with a singular, few week break in between?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

There were 3 multiple week breaks.

Dec 19 - Apr 10

May 1 - May 29

Jun 12 - Jul 24

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
I don't know, it still doesn't seem that bad compared to say, Bob's Burgers. It's holding down the post-NFL/NASCAR death slot like AD previously did.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The April return is the most egregious to me. Typically fall shows come back in Feb at the latest following the Christmas break.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chris Knight posted:

I'm assuming Trejo played one of the banditos (not racist).

Yeah he played the head dude that Roger killed in the beginning.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
the guy telling the finger riddle/joke?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
It was definitely him, and I spent the whole episode waiting for the credits to confirm my suspicion. He's actually really good at hiding his voice when he does VO work. Some actors don't bother masking their voice much, but he's pretty darn versatile.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Nichael posted:

It's renewed and it gets good ratings. I don't know why TBS would be dumping it intentionally.

Honestly, I think Turner figures the money's not really coming from premieres of their shows as much as it comes from reruns and streaming deals. This is the same network that basically dumped all of a critically acclaimed show, Search Party, at once, and still renewed it.

Now that you mention it, the entire latest season of The Detour was available on the app by at least the time the first three episodes had aired on TV, because I marathoned the whole season in two days and thought the whole thing had already aired. When I noticed a month later that the last 3 episodes hadn’t aired yet, I thought it was just a glitch, but maybe it was intentional.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 15, 2017

lmbo calrissian
Feb 1, 2007

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
I think Steve in a western shop owner outfit singing R&B to western piano and klaus breaking into that... beat was the best thing ive ever seen

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

For reference (this is horribly catchy):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZp_axebSfQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUxZg2s7Peo

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

So I still can't figure out what the joke was when the cop pulled Steve over in "Adventures in Hayleysitting".

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"Probably because I prefer the feel of a real newspaper."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the best guess I can come up with is it's meant to be a non sequitur

you could imagine this convo

"why do you still pay for the newspaper instead of reading the news online?"

and that makes sense

and if you say
"Why did you pull me over?"

it's funny because the answer has nothing to do with the question and doesn't make sense