Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Not my fault this time!

Growth! :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hay Plains / Mallee via the Stuart Hwy.

So Hay Plains was involved. Thought so. I think I drove roughly that route once. Now I live a couple of towns away from Hay and have learned to loathe driving.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ExplodingSims posted:

Is this the same couple you've bitched about in the past and had to kick out before?

If so, why'd you let them back in?

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'd guess the obvious $ to assist with rent.

Partly for rent (since they were paying this time... initially), partly "we're pregnant and between places, we move into our place in 2 weeks!". I told them under no circumstances would this be over 3-4 weeks, maximum. 3 loving months later and I've been trying to get them out, but since they'd been here so long, I would have had to go through the legal system, and they knew it. Mostly because I'm too loving nice for my own good.

They would still cough up money now and then, but neither of them were even attempting to work. "OUR DISABILITY CHECKS ARE COMING SOON, AND SOON AS KID POPS OUT WE GET MORE FOOD STAMPS!"

Apparently they freaked out this morning because my typing kept them up all night, followed by my cooking dinner. I'm a night owl. I always have been a night owl. The futon is in my living room, my desk is in the living room. Had they just said "hey, your typing is keeping us awake", I would have gone to my bedroom (no laptop, but I have a phablet), or told them to go to my bedroom. Then it got real personal when he started calling me a "loving human being" (OH NO YOU DINT).

Since he threw the key in my face and told me he never wanted to "see [my] human being rear end again", I'm going to assume that was his move out notice (his wife literally took off running down the road when I called 911; she's on probation from another state). I've already sent a text telling them everything is boxed up and ready to go, and that they have until next Saturday to pick it up before I start charging storage fees (and they're not going to like my storage fees). I'll need to consult a lawyer to see what I can get away with on that front.

I know where one of his ex's lives (right down the road), and he's there frequently; I can easily hand deliver a notice to them to let them know "pick up your poo poo or start paying for storage".

InitialDave posted:

I know it's not going to be an encouraging answer, but what's your situation with dental coverage etc?

nm posted:

Get an ro dude.

I plan on it (also if it's okay with you I might hit you up on PM for info on how to do so). The cops wouldn't trespass him at the time, as he has "established residency" and I would need to file for eviction. However, he threw the key at me while telling me "he wasn't ever coming back to see [my] human being face" and "hoped I choked on a horse dick", so I think it's safe to assume he voluntarily gave up his rights to tenancy. Plus the whole knock on the head violates community rules of the property (not my rules, but the actual property rules - ANY violence is grounds for eviction).

fake edit: the property manager dropped by and told me in no uncertain terms that he's not allowed on the property anymore. I've never had a complaint from a neighbor before - at ANY apartment I've lived in - but since both myself and my next door neighbor called the cops, well, they got wind of it.

He was weeks behind on rent, but was supposed to move out Friday anyway.

The police did bring him back up to get his insulin, and told me he'll be in touch to collect the rest of his belongings. i made it very clear that he was only to contact me via text message (no phone calls, no contact on social media). The officers asked me if I would mind him leaving his things here for now; ex roomie asked if I could just throw everything in trash bags and try not to hurt any photo albums. He was all smiles by then, but I heard one of the cops putting the fear of god into him outside (he's also been arrested by that cop before).

Photos and paperwork are neatly packed the way I'd pack them if they were mine. Everything that was in backpacks/bags has remained in them, though I closed the zippers. The remaining belongings are packed in trash bags, and all of his refrigerated items are in my spare fridge. I walked the apartment with video, focusing on his things, then took another video of everything after I finished packing, plus some photos. I wanted to cover my rear end as much as I could.

Also holy jesus gently caress there was a sea of garbage under the futon. The futon itself is now in 2 different dumpsters - it was a nice futon, but I'm pretty sure it's infested with scabies, HIV, and who knows what else. Plus I'm just sick of how much room it takes up - I have a decent size living room, but already have a full length couch - want to add a love seat or a single chair.

WARNING PORTRAIT VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AB8swwxZ8Q
"that's flat out stolen" is referring to a folio he found in a road with someone's social security card and several blank checks. He told me he found the guy and mailed it back.

Adiabatic posted:

Lol what the gently caress is going on in here

Apparently I'm a loving human being that needs to choke to death on a horse cock. How's YOUR day? :allears:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I have no idea how to do a texas ro. In California, it pretty self explainatory. They do a lot of self-help stuff because it is often used for DVs and no one wants to get held responsible if someone was denied and gets kill. You need someone other than you to serve the dude. SO may be able to do it.

Make sure you are prepared to back everything up if he fighys it and wants to go to court.
We have a lot of tx lawyers in the legal advice thread also.

Edit: if he is still in jail, try to get it done asap so he can just get served before he is releasdd.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Your dental coverage is a rich, attractive actor, whose dad is a dentist? Could be worse!

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Hi everybody how's it going?

I hope page 20 is a good page full of chill and happiness.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Same bro

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

Lol what the gently caress is going on in here

We're celebrating how awesome life is without friends!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I just got a chunk of my back removed for a pre-cancerous mole. Hooray stitches!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Holy gently caress the October Chat thread. I lolled.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Apparently I'm a loving human being that needs to choke to death on a horse cock. How's YOUR day? :allears:

New av title for STR.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CommieGIR posted:

I just got a chunk of my back removed for a pre-cancerous mole. Hooray stitches!

Nice moves. I have a chunk of my arm missing for the same reason

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Hi everybody how's it going?

I hope page 20 is a good page full of chill and happiness.

Sitting by my pond watching a flock of barn swallows dive bomb to drink and bathe.

Definitely chilling on page 20.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is this a good time to post "im gay"

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Is this a good time to post "im gay"

gay like tay

also, it's me. i'm statutory ape, the worst poster.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Whoa geeze what the hell in here.
I can never fathom folks who try to screw you after you've cut them a break, done them a favor, whatever. These always seem to be the jerks moaning about how bad their life is, and it's never their fault. Good riddance - your well rid of them STR.
I'd bet the cop pointed out that you could easily file assault charges.

Ugh. I've had a little drama before, but thankfully never to that level.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Page 20 chill zone. Today is my first day off in two weeks. Last night I drove down to Sydney, sweet drive, new albums to listen to. Checked into a hotel, drank cocktails.

Today I have no plans other than eating some mad burgers and that it good.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I've had chronic kidney stones, among a bunch of other issues, for 10 years and they finally figured out its probably a parathyroid tumor(benign). They're taking it out in a month. I also got a relatively serious promotion. Things are really coming up Milhouse over here.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Ooooookaaaaay....... that sure was a few pages of something.

Hi, I'm looking at buying another Subaru? Nah, I wouldnt do that would I?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hey guys - topical since we were just talking about bootleg/counterfeit/trash garbage from 'marketplace' vendors on prettymucheverywhere.com now, anyone have a suggestion for something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-7500mAh-Lithium-Starter-Jumpstart/dp/B01M7UTM6H that doesn't cost $100 and isn't fake junk?

My mom's Avalon has developed a case of "The driver's seatbelt keeps not retracting all the way and then it causes the door to be left just far enough ajar overnight to drain the battery since you don't notice the interior lights aren't going to turn themselves off like they normally do", which I managed to invent when I was visiting, she just did it herself so it seems to be on its way to endemic - our next door neighbor had one of those devices that could also charge your cell battery/USB stuff (which is the majority of of what my mom will use it for, she's an avid photographer and is always running out of laptop power while proofing the shots she takes) but she lives alone out in the country and waiting on AAA for 2-3 hours to get a jump isn't ideal when and if this happens again.

She bought something that seemed right for $45ish (which was what our neighbor said his cost from ebay) on walmart.com, but when she got it, it was counterfeit garbage and walmart.com won't do anything about it because 'third party marketplace'.

e: the avalon is Toyota Purple, in case that matters

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Stitches > cancer. Glad it's been removed.

Just put the U joint in that I ordered. it has an extended grease fitting that bangs into the yoke. Goddamnit.

Lightbulb Out posted:

they finally figured out its probably a parathyroid tumor(benign).

That kind of sucks. Took over twenty years of being miserable before my current doctor discovered I had hyperparathyroidism. He thought I had a thymoma, but the bloods came back negative and to his actual surprise I responded to vitamin D. Felt better for it but there's still decades of damage that won't go away of course.
Same GP was actually trying to push me to fill a script for painkillers yesterday because I have a bad ear infection. He knows I don't use them. Not because of beliefs or whatever. It's just I spent most of my life hurting so an ear infection barely even registers.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hey guys - topical since we were just talking about bootleg/counterfeit/trash garbage from 'marketplace' vendors on prettymucheverywhere.com now, anyone have a suggestion for something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-7500mAh-Lithium-Starter-Jumpstart/dp/B01M7UTM6H that doesn't cost $100 and isn't fake junk?

Not being condescending but I would first focus on eliminating the problem that causes the dead battery rather than just jumping the car for the rest of her life

Edit: I mentioned some friends tying their boat up in the keys and evacuating. They did so and came back and there boat is intact and survived the storm, except for SOMEONE loving LOOTED ALL THE BOATS IN THE COVE AND TOOK EVERYTHING OF VALUE. Man all these people just lost everything they didn't take with them. In a loving mangrove cove!

everdave fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 14, 2017

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Ether Frenzy posted:

My mom's Avalon has developed a case of "The driver's seatbelt keeps not retracting all the way and then it causes the door to be left just far enough ajar overnight to drain the battery since you don't notice the interior lights aren't going to turn themselves off like they normally do", which I managed to invent when I was visiting, she just did it herself so it seems to be on its way to endemic - our next door neighbor had one of those devices that could also charge your cell battery/USB stuff (which is the majority of of what my mom will use it for, she's an avid photographer and is always running out of laptop power while proofing the shots she takes) but she lives alone out in the country and waiting on AAA for 2-3 hours to get a jump isn't ideal when and if this happens again.

She bought something that seemed right for $45ish (which was what our neighbor said his cost from ebay) on walmart.com, but when she got it, it was counterfeit garbage and walmart.com won't do anything about it because 'third party marketplace'.

e: the avalon is Toyota Purple, in case that matters

I have 2 of them.

First one is a Chinese bestek or something like that of similar capacity to the one you linked. It would not jump my tundra when I left the door ajar overnight and the battery was dead.

Second one I have is an oemtools chinese branded one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RI4467Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_KhCUzbAC6VWPM
I have used it to jump off my small diesel tractor and it worked. I keep it on my motorcycle for the inevitable bad battery, and it hasn't blown up despite being left in the sun. Its supposedly an exact copy of the top rated one by consumer reports.

E: its not quite $100 and I caught it on sale for $78.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seminal Flu posted:

Depends on the context. It absolutely can be a pejorative.

Edit: I was just telling STR that the Ape rear end in a top hat needed a bigger beat down, but I didn't need to eat a sixer... then I looked... I've made it over a year without a probation... first time since 2010. I'm getting soft.

New management just likes you better :wink:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Probes are badges to be worn with pride

Also really annoying to have while trying to debug your poo poo

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

everdave posted:

Not being condescending but I would first focus on eliminating the problem that causes the dead battery rather than just jumping the car for the rest of her life

Yeah, no worries. She's not a total Mom despite being 70 and is actually pretty capable computer/competency wise, I don't expect this to become a 'situation' but I just wanted to help her on her search to find a backup item for when/if it does happen because of the inconvenience of needing to call someone out to a spot outside the 'city' in case there's a problem.

Now that she's done it herself and it's not just ME that's the idiot/being confused with an unfamiliar car's features, it seems like a good thing to have on hand anyway since she's such a gadget addict and will likely use the product the majority of the time for recharging her ipad/iphone/iphone watch/macbook pro/whatever other Samsung tech from 2 years ago the apple cult gets her to buy in the future.

Thanks!

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

I got this one a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if they're still being made or not though as it's only being sold by that one third party seller and auto-vox's own website doesn't seem to show it. Looks like they might be selling through newegg. It is a chinese unit but there are a bunch of load tests on youtube and that unit seems to work pretty good.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013

Rhyno posted:

We're celebrating how awesome life is without friends!

Speaking of which, I am now down from 2 friends to one. A friend of 10 years and his fiancé have decided that its 'too stressful for both parties' for me to be his Best Man next Feb as my Wife is due with our baby a week after that. I took it on the chin and told him it was his call, but my wife was furious. She feels like I'm being punished for her current state. What got me is that they acted like they were doing us a favour. I don't hate the guy for it but it still hurts. Of course we're still welcome as guests but he hasn't spoken to me since (we usually speak on the phone at least daily).

in brighter news my other friend and his partner have just given birth to their baby boy yesterday. So I'm basically an uncle now :3:

TL;DR

gently caress 90% of friends

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Seminal Flu posted:

New av title for STR.

Well I AM pretty sick of this one. The pig's cool, the black thumbs is cool, but the text ran its course ages ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
so what's up with this immodium poo poo

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rhyno posted:

so what's up with this immodium poo poo

You can get high off it if you take tons but this kills your heart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Previa_fun posted:

You can get high off it if you take tons but this kills your heart.

jokes on you, already dead inside

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Take some Imodium, you're full of poo poo.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
And CSB has a new av.

-------------

New co-worker has a 2008 R6 that he hasn't ridden in a year since his wife won't let him...wonder how cheap he would let it go for...

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

ilkhan posted:

And CSB has a new av.

Don't you DARE gently caress with Pipkin/shy boy from chess club's work.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Someone tell me how to sleep in my car's a/c without dying of random fumes, getting carjacked, running out of gas or getting hassled by cops

Alternately how do I rig up a generator to run on pure rage at the heat

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Arent we all?

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

everdave posted:

Edit: I mentioned some friends tying their boat up in the keys and evacuating. They did so and came back and there boat is intact and survived the storm, except for SOMEONE loving LOOTED ALL THE BOATS IN THE COVE AND TOOK EVERYTHING OF VALUE. Man all these people just lost everything they didn't take with them. In a loving mangrove cove!

That is amazingly low. I hope the bastards responsible are found and keelhauled.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Probes are badges to be worn with pride

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

Someone tell me how to sleep in my car's a/c without dying of random fumes, getting carjacked, running out of gas or getting hassled by cops

Alternately how do I rig up a generator to run on pure rage at the heat

Still out of power? I lucked out, never lost it.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
You can sleep in a car all night with the a/c going just crack a window to be sure don't if you have ever smelled (this word seems wrong typing) gas or oil fumes. Can you get a hotel?

And yes the people I know who's boat broken into it is so crazy. They think it must have to be another live aboard boat person who else could loot all these boats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

everdave posted:

And yes the people I know who's boat broken into it is so crazy. They think it must have to be another live aboard boat person who else could loot all these boats?

Look for the one at the bottom of the water, buried in other people's possessions.

Surely it would have taken a lot of time, and maybe trips depending on vehicle used to loot all the stuff. That amount of things being taken, hopefully the person / people will be found easily.

Holy hell I'm sore. Just finished putting the TC, driveshafts etc back in the Niva. There's a little bit of vibration but IT'LL DO.

So that's the steering box, idler arm, u-joints and wheel bearing off the list. Now it's just headlight and taillight to go. Except I think I've missed the re-inspection period and it'll have to have another full check. Oh boy oh boy. loving kill me now. I hate, hate hate the annual inspections. Sure, it's good to have safe vehicles on the road. The level of anal retentiveness of the items that the mechanics have to adhere to though is absolute loving bullshit. Can't wait until after so I can loosen things back off to where they should be instead of RegoTight™ which destroys things in short order.

• Locked thread