Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Either of those are much cooler than what we have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sepia
Apr 15, 2005
bleach then tone

Sazabi posted:

On PC? Ign: Vayan. I got some rivens for guns I don't care about, maybe we can make a deal.

Ign: oedipa

I'd love if you just took these rivens as I'm nearing my cap and I have a good few other rivens I plan to upgrade for guns I like. If you have any superfluous parts of Rhino/Loki Prime I'm all game but not really needed.

Also got a Tiberon riven this week if anyone wants!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Making Warframe my winter game since there's all this new spangly poo poo coming out. I'm back!

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I pulled the trigger on prime access, the middle tier. Hydroid is ok but the weapons are super fun. Still tempted to get the next pack up with the credit/affinity booster as I'm tired of being credit starved.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Stangg posted:

I pulled the trigger on prime access, the middle tier. Hydroid is ok but the weapons are super fun. Still tempted to get the next pack up with the credit/affinity booster as I'm tired of being credit starved.

Loki, Ash with Covert Lethality, Octavia, and bring them to Endurance Index. You'll get what you need.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hell, I just bought a set of 30 day Credit and Affinity boosters. Since I'm trying to level weapons like crazy, seems to make sense. Also have been burning through my Forma stash.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I didn't realize sniper rifles were bad. I just maxed the Vectis and it was tons of fun headshotting crowds of mobs with it. Is it because I'm low level?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They can be fun, it's just they're not ideal for faster mission types and tighter tilesets like the Corpus Ship. Especially once you get into harder content, people are running AoE weapons, high-damage frames, Speed Novas, Mesas, you name it and stuff is just melting. The rate of fire really holds them back. You do want a good sniper in your back pocket for sniper-only sorties and the Vectis Prime is a great choice for that.

I like the Rubico (with a +reload speed Riven) and lucked into a solid +damage Vulkar Riven, so those are what I usually use when I need one.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

kxZyle posted:

I didn't realize sniper rifles were bad. I just maxed the Vectis and it was tons of fun headshotting crowds of mobs with it. Is it because I'm low level?

In most gameplay, Warframe is about going Real Fast and Killing A loving Lot Of Dudes. Killing more and faster is pretty much the measure of getting stronger.

Sniper rifles are inefficient for both of those things.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Loki, Ash with Covert Lethality, Octavia, and bring them to Endurance Index. You'll get what you need.

Yeah I know credits will come as I get further into the game but I'm impatient and want it now, I just beat kril/vor on ceres and my only frames are mag, frost prime and hydro prime. I tend to always have things to spend money on at the end of sessions whether its levelling up some mods to keep up with content, syndicates or paying trade tax on freebies from my friend.

I also really want a pet doggy which is 150k (unless I spend plat but im not doing that), and a nezha frame which is another 60k.

I just realised I can just use 40 plat from the massive pile I just got to get a booster rather than forking out more real money.

Stangg fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 14, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Stangg posted:

Yeah I know credits will come as I get further into the game but I'm impatient and want it now, I just beat kril/vor on ceres and my only frames are mag, frost prime and hydro prime. I tend to always have things to spend money on at the end of sessions whether its levelling up some mods to keep up with content, syndicates or paying trade tax on freebies from my friend.

I also really want a pet doggy which is 150k (unless I spend plat but im not doing that), and a nezha frame which is another 60k.

I just realised I can just use 40 plat from the massive pile I just got to get a booster rather than forking out more real money.

Huh? No I think 40P for Boosters is great when you use them. I was telling you how to maximize it.

Now that I know you're on Ceres just do Seimeni and extract with that booster.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Huh? No I think 40P for Boosters is great when you use them. I was telling you how to maximize it.

Now that I know you're on Ceres just do Seimeni and extract with that booster.

Well as long as it's on the list of approved things to spend plat on then I won't feel bad getting a pair of boosters to use this weekend. Might as well get myself a Loki while I'm at it to make spy missions less tedious now that they are somewhat tricky.

Stangg fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 14, 2017

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I kinda get the loki and ash, but I'm confused where the octavia comes in? For her amp? Does her mallet actually effect them?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Broose posted:

I kinda get the loki and ash, but I'm confused where the octavia comes in? For her amp? Does her mallet actually effect them?

I have no idea but the last time I went some dude was loving wrecking everything with her. It's the only time anyone has beaten me with Loki and he loving embarrassed me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've had good luck running Resonance Banshee and not picking up Index Points so I have the energy to use it. Enemies go down way faster when you're doing 12x damage and Resonance keeps Sonar viable for a lot longer.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 14, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you're new then skip the worthless dog. They are an offensively bad waste of resources compared to a sentinel.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Echophonic posted:

I've had good luck running Resonance Banshee and not picking up Index Points so I have the energy to use it. enemies go down way faster when you're doing 12x damage and Resonance keeps Sonar viable for a lot longer.

Best teams I've played on have a sacrificial Nova and then a bunch of invisible melee frames but I'm gonna give this a shot. Do you do the Endurance ones at all?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I also wouldn't spend plat on boosters as a new player until you have the opportunity to make the most of them--for affinity you want some new weapons for each slot ready to go that you can swap in once something hits 30, for credits you need a good credit source (the ability to beat medium index will be best but you can do akkad if not), for resources you need access to a good source of the resources you need to farm. Goons can generally taxi you to make the latter a nonissue though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah. It's always a bad feeling when you get a login or sortie affinity booster and have 3 forma and no weapons to use with it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Maybe something like "while in sniper zoom you have no time limit on wall clings" so you can do some awesome grotesque-style perch murdering.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Reik posted:

Maybe something like "while in sniper zoom you have no time limit on wall clings" so you can do some awesome grotesque-style perch murdering.

Sybaris Prime is the only sniper rifle I need.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Digirat posted:

I also wouldn't spend plat on boosters as a new player until you have the opportunity to make the most of them--for affinity you want some new weapons for each slot ready to go that you can swap in once something hits 30, for credits you need a good credit source (the ability to beat medium index will be best but you can do akkad if not), for resources you need access to a good source of the resources you need to farm. Goons can generally taxi you to make the latter a nonissue though.

Yeah I have a bunch of weapons/frames and stuff to make use of them with. I'm enjoying just playing through the storylines and planets solo (mostly) so getting better rewards would be nice. I'm not gonna bother with resources as thats plentiful enough, its mainly credits I'm hurting for and if I'm going to be playing a lot over the next few days then I'd like to hit MR rank ups each 24 hour period.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
I have a Lanka solely because my first riven is for it (and it's a decent riven). I usually only bust it out for Assassination missions, when I don't feel like using the Opticor. Otherwise sniper rifles really really do not fit my playstyle. I'm more of a shotgun and launcher-type fan, or just pure dakka.

Anyways, I built Equinox and have been enjoying it as my main frame currently. I feel like I might need only one forma for it? Unless I'm missing something. My mod loadout for it is:

Corrosive Projection
Vitality
Peaceful Provocation (Augment for ability 3)
Streamline
Fleeting Expertise
Intensify
Transient Fortitude
Stretch
Overextended

I haven't touched the Exilus slot, but I'd probably put Coaction Drift in it, or Intruder until I get better at hacking (the big reason I'm afraid to try sorties). Also some of those mods aren't maxed out. Stuff like Vitality and Transient Fortitude are absurdly expensive to max, and also apparently I shouldn't max Fleeting Expertise because of an efficiency cap.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like sniper rifles will be way more useful in plains of eidolon but for now they're kind of redundant because if you want a long range high damage weapon you can just use a bow because they also have the benefit of being silent

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Colgate posted:

I usually only bust it out for Assassination missions, when I don't feel like using the Opticor.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
They are going ham on PoE development. No updates on PC until it is released. Also from the sounds of today's Prime Time stream, focus changes are coming with it. The Dev stream tomorrow is all about PoE features.

Seems weird that they are announcing no more updates in order to focus on development, but then still have dev stream. I wanna be overly optimistic and say they are aiming for release tomorrow as a "surprise".

To new people: On Prime Time and Dev Stream ... streams, on twitch they give away 1000 plat to 3 random people in the chat, and 1 prime access pack. Also after dev streams, there is a 24 hour alert that rewards a free potato. I say this cause they've canceled the last dev stream so there hasn't been one for nearly a month now, and there is a lot of new or returning people. It's a reliable source of free potatoes.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

so launching warframe from steam just doesn't work today and running the launcher from the directiory give me a 10gig download?

anyone else having this problem?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BoneMonkey posted:

so launching warframe from steam just doesn't work today and running the launcher from the directiory give me a 10gig download?

anyone else having this problem?
I launched it earlier today without an issue. Have you verified your game cache and such?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Are we talking about sniper rifles again?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Everything is different and I'm no longer in the Goon clan. Are clan apps still handled the way described in the OP?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Xaerael posted:

Everything is different and I'm no longer in the Goon clan. Are clan apps still handled the way described in the OP?

Yep. I just used it to rejoin after 2.5 years.

And everything is so different.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Okay, last night I finally experienced the kind of Limbo that makes people hate seeing that frame. Had a max-range dude in Sortie 1 time-stopping everything within a country mile of the mobile defense point. When I started standing outside the bubble to actually shoot things, he told me I was an idiot and that I'd die if I didn't stay in his little safe space. Guess who had 300 health, even less shields, and barely double-digit kills?

I know, pubs, but still. Ugh.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A good post.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rainuwastaken posted:

Okay, last night I finally experienced the kind of Limbo that makes people hate seeing that frame. Had a max-range dude in Sortie 1 time-stopping everything within a country mile of the mobile defense point. When I started standing outside the bubble to actually shoot things, he told me I was an idiot and that I'd die if I didn't stay in his little safe space. Guess who had 300 health, even less shields, and barely double-digit kills?

Limbo is for farming, not playing. Level 100 Grineer Eximus is a fine time to be a coward, however.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Broose posted:

They are going ham on PoE development. No updates on PC until it is released. Also from the sounds of today's Prime Time stream, focus changes are coming with it. The Dev stream tomorrow is all about PoE features.

Seems weird that they are announcing no more updates in order to focus on development, but then still have dev stream. I wanna be overly optimistic and say they are aiming for release tomorrow as a "surprise".

To new people: On Prime Time and Dev Stream ... streams, on twitch they give away 1000 plat to 3 random people in the chat, and 1 prime access pack. Also after dev streams, there is a 24 hour alert that rewards a free potato. I say this cause they've canceled the last dev stream so there hasn't been one for nearly a month now, and there is a lot of new or returning people. It's a reliable source of free potatoes.

I am also a reliable source of free potatoes if you are a newbie hit me up when you see me online.

Rainuwastaken posted:

If I see a pubbie limbo in def or mobdef or whatever I just say "gently caress you loving idiot limbo" and abort mission. Pubbie limbos are either idiots or trolling, I've never encountered anything else.

Broose posted:

Octavia's mallett scales with enemy damage. On lower level content it's easier and faster generally to just kill everything with guns using her. On higher level stuff you can stay perma invis and the mallett will start to fork out 10k damage per tick. Easily the highest damage killframe, just people don't usually notice in the lower level stuff where ember one shots almost everything.

Washout fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 14, 2017

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Washout posted:

Octavia's mallett scales with enemy damage. On lower level content it's easier and faster generally to just kill everything with guns using her. On higher level stuff you can stay perma invis and the mallett will start to fork out 10k damage per tick. Easily the highest damage killframe, just people don't usually notice in the lower level stuff where ember one shots almost everything.

Oh I know how bonkers Octavia can get. You won't find anyone else who will espouse the greatness that is a properly modded Octavia more than me. I just would have thought there would be some kind of exception for the index enemies. But I guess not.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Am I the index moron who never has the energy to cast abilities? Items are disabled in there, right? THe only time I have any is if the match goes long enough to pop zenurik

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

Am I the index moron who never has the energy to cast abilities? Items are disabled in there, right? THe only time I have any is if the match goes long enough to pop zenurik
Grab the spheres, pop Zenurik.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I guess the pubbies are snatching them before I can get to them. Ah well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Uuhhh... You guys do know that Octavia is an unintended stealth frame, right? She's an even better stealther than Ash and Ivara. She's a Loki with a Decoy that kills.

Make your Mandachord song a constant beat (i.e. Fill up all the slots) and mute it (unless you're Malachite Dragon). Press 4 and spam your crouch button to be invisible that you can refresh at any time, unlike Loki. Your teammates can do the same as long as you're in range.