Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dirt posted:

The dry boys should start a podcast network.

draftin my proposal to run their podcast network and also host a show about how actually kamen rider is a metaphor for a glorious leftist revolution and shocker is actually stalin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

draftin my proposal to run their podcast network and also host a show about how actually kamen rider is a metaphor for a glorious leftist revolution and shocker is actually stalin

Same but Gaim and how its message is "THe only way to defeat libertarians is to murder them all and move their capitalist systems away from humanity where it can harm no one."

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Same but Gaim and how its message is "THe only way to defeat libertarians is to murder them all and move their capitalist systems away from humanity where it can harm no one."

Same but JJBA and the closest we get to talking about politics is figuring out what political figures' stands would be

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Do they actually work metal discussion in with healthcare somehow or is it just a shtick?

i jokingly said to tim when he first mentioned it on twitter that a healthcare/metal podcast would be nothing but talking about carcass and he said probably

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

LMAO

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Somebody who knows what this is about : please explain?

https://twitter.com/alexvtunzelmann/status/908276487970848768

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i jokingly said to tim when he first mentioned it on twitter that a healthcare/metal podcast would be nothing but talking about carcass and he said probably

That's not fair, it could also be about Impaled and County Medical Examiners

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dear Matt Taibbi,

Just do the Chapo model of Patreon exclusive episodes.

Thanks

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

prefect posted:

Somebody who knows what this is about : please explain?

https://twitter.com/alexvtunzelmann/status/908276487970848768

hillary is comparing herself to one of the major villains of game of thrones. it's a good comparison because both of them are extremely unpopular and only came into power because of their husbands who gently caress a lot

that tweet by alex von whatever is saying that viewing cercei as the hero says a lot about the person doing the interpretation

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Hillary comparing herself to Cersei is cool because I haven't seen Game of Thrones but I know Cersei is played by Lena Headey who plays Ma-ma in Dredd so I can pretend Hillary's comparing herself to a slumlord drug runner who has a penchant for skinning people alive.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Hillary comparing herself to Cersei is cool because I haven't seen Game of Thrones

Cersei has a (justified) huge chip on her shoulder about all the misogyny she's overcome to attain power but is an insanely arrogant and petty person who surrounds herself with sycophants and holds grudges to a disastrously counterproductive degree.

So yeah it's pretty perfect.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So hillary is into incest

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hulk Krogan posted:

Cersei has a (justified) huge chip on her shoulder about all the misogyny she's overcome to attain power but is an insanely arrogant and petty person who surrounds herself with sycophants and holds grudges to a disastrously counterproductive degree.

yea if she had any self awareness she could use it to talk about the parts of her she's not proud of and all because yea 'power seeking woman who was actually treated quite poorly for the sin of being a woman with ambition while less competent men around her were praised' fits her. It's just, ya know, 'also she seems to mainly want power these days to punish those who stood against her and is willing to say whatever is needed simply to get the fancy title so she can take revenge on others regardless of what her actual job should be' ALSO fits...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Living in the UK has definitely rubbed off on one R. Delaney.

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/908277134191480832

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/axios/status/908339762922180608

gently caress me, liberals really love this show.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Javes posted:

It's just like in my harry potter books.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
What if.....the Democrats were like Hamilton...

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
someone give these people a decent book god drat.

the most useful lens to view the world is actually Fear & Trembling.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

prefect posted:

As an American working with a bunch of Brits, British vernacular just rolls off the tongue.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Hulk Krogan posted:

She also murdered one of her friends as a kid, threatened to tear the tongues from servants (also as a kid), banged two relatives and started her own little Mengele project.

So emm...kinda of a mixed message. Pretty much every woman and girl in ASoIaF had to deal with a lot of sexist bullshit without going full psycho.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sephyr posted:

She also murdered one of her friends as a kid, threatened to tear the tongues from servants (also as a kid), banged two relatives and started her own little Mengele project.

So emm...kinda of a mixed message. Pretty much every woman and girl in ASoIaF had to deal with a lot of sexist bullshit without going full psycho.

Royal families are all about incest, so that part's not unusual.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Javes posted:

the universe of star wars depicts a huge portion of the galactic population not just in abject slavery, but stripped of the very idea of personhood so chuckie ain't wrong

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
King Of The Dead isn't a great album, but the title track is very sick.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

King Of The Dead isn't a great album, but the title track is very sick.

It's a great album but I could accept if you just think Of Frost and Fire.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

prefect posted:

Bernie will pay for our health care with the vape tax.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's a great album but I could accept if you just think Of Frost and Fire.

Of course!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Felix tweeted out some Chelsea Wolfe this afternoon. That's the real poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The guy that pretends to be Jeff Newsroom is retiring from online

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

King Of The Dead isn't a great album

gently caress'n fight me bitch.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

gently caress'n fight me bitch.

hold him down while i break this bitch's legs there isn't a bad song on that album

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Guys... we lost one of the great ones tonight.

https://twitter.com/WillMcAvoyACN/status/908455941884047362

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

not enough huffing ether

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Was he playing a poo poo song on guitar while he tweeted?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Will's tiny derringer

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
matt's neil hamburger isn't half bad

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
haven't listened yet but going by twitter they talk about Dry Bones' ugly rear end Trump, which is always fun.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I used to f5 the LF political comic thread back in the day, that episode was 100% for dorks like me

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
when they teased DBD at the beginning I knew it was gonna be good.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I missed out on the LF days by being unwoke.

Speaking of comedians doing Israel, Conan's recent birth rite visits are p cool and good. Draft Conan for BDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

he's gonna be jed bartlett's press secretary