Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

trap sprung, it was actually Derek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Hobold posted:

You can be a skelington? And some lizard guy? And a shapeshifter?

gently caress, I may end up getting this on a sale.

Still not gonna go back and finish the first one.
yeah I almost bought in when you can be a skeleton man

then I was like "life man LIFE LOOK AT YOUR loving LIFE DO YOU REALLY NEED ANOTHER GAME"

instead I bought a bottle of wine which will make me buy the game in about an hour and a half

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

hello I guess for a sec

lol, this is from a friend of mine I haven't heard from in forever and has no idea I'm TheAgent on here

Tell him Lowtax thanks him for his purchase. Once this thread moves back to pizza though, no one shall escape.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/908454901482737667

Derek "Double Down" Smart posted:

By all accounts, $45K refund appears to be legit. He refunded for his org and himself personally. CIG obfuscating facts, won't change that

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

yeah I almost bought in when you can be a skeleton man

then I was like "life man LIFE LOOK AT YOUR loving LIFE DO YOU REALLY NEED ANOTHER GAME"

instead I bought a bottle of wine which will make me buy the game in about an hour and a half

I miss having money to throw at booze.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

TheAgent posted:

hello I guess for a sec

lol, this is from a friend of mine I haven't heard from in forever and has no idea I'm TheAgent on here

Tell him to skip 2176 :ohdear:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Nothing gets past Double Doktor PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

:piss:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Hobold posted:

Nothing gets past Double Doktor PAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP

So, how long in seconds until people saying the original poster was a Derek Smart alt. Or has that already happened?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Tell him to skip 2176 :ohdear:
he will suffer, as I have suffered

enjoy matt

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

BMan posted:

This would be the most masterful trolling ever. Just thinking about it makes me want to rub.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Don't pull your lols out of the market yet, it's about to spike.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Drunk Theory posted:

So, how long in seconds until people saying the original poster was a Derek Smart alt. Or has that already happened?

BMan posted:

:ssh:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Theory posted:

it was organized by a bunch of goons, who all listen to derek smart as dear leader, who want nothing more than star citizen to fail, because we are all paid by Big Publishers and fear what might happen if star citizen is succesfl

something still doesn't seem right to be about this whole thing, but I'm not investing any more time or emotional energy into it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

big nipples big life posted:

Don't pull your lols out of the market yet, it's about to spike.

r/ds is going to have fun with this one

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hobold posted:

I miss having money to throw at booze.
if u can't spare $10 to get hosed up, you're already hosed up

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

TheAgent posted:

it was organized by a bunch of goons, who all listen to derek smart as dear leader, who want nothing more than star citizen to fail, because we are all paid by Big Publishers and fear what might happen if star citizen is succesfl

something still doesn't seem right to be about this whole thing, but I'm not investing any more time or emotional energy into it

just log onto someone's support account and check the zendesk ticket number, i'm sure they're all "first-initial-liast-name@rsi.com"/"RobertsIsGod" anyways

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

lol which one of you is this

:wink:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

this was said to me by my old coke dealer fyi

sage words from a part time nanny / part time sex worker / full time coke head

sage words

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LOL!! p0wned

PSA: No, I do not fake refunds

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Golli posted:

Man, Ortwin is NOT gonna be happy when they pry the lid off his bed today to deal with this.

Oh wow. :lol:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

Tires are expensive yo.

I still have like 7 bottles of whiskey in the other room, so I'm not terribly worried about it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

guessing swafford finally called them and was like "whoa whoa whoa no, lemme talk to you and also Chris wants to speak to you, there's a lot more to the story HAVE U HEARD OF DEREK SMART" lol

TheAgent posted:

hahaha I can finally say I called it

also swafford confused two different accounts and yea, the 45k is legit, just human error please run a correction in 6 to 12 weeks lol my bad!!!

Golli posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the guild rep had two refunds processed..

The $45000 refund for guild assets using a corporate card, and a $330 refund for his personal assets. The guild rep even says that individual guild member refunds would collectively dwarf the $45k guild refund.

Swofford is being slippery, exactly what he is paid for.

Backer had expressed legit concern for backlash. With the story going wide, his fears turned real. Account now gone.

Of course CIG, in their infinite wisdom, decided to not only CONFIRM that a refund WAS real, but only cast doubt on the refund amount.

And it's stuff like this that some of the high profile backers don't publicize their refunds.

Plus he had specifically said that he refunded both the org $45K + his own $330 account. So CIG is obfuscating the issue as usual.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Ortwin is sitting in pre-trial Space Court waiting for the anonymous refundee show up. Suddenly music starts playing. A janitor stands up and shouts, "BAH GAWD THAT'S DEREK SMART'S MUSIC" as the doors burst open. Derek walks in with a stack of papers. He slams them on the table and says one word, "Discovery." Ortwin hisses loudly before turning into a hundred small bats and escaping into the darkness.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

Ortwin is sitting in pre-trial Space Court waiting for the anonymous refundee show up. Suddenly music starts playing. A janitor stands up and shouts, "BAH GAWD THAT'S DEREK SMART'S MUSIC" as the doors burst open. Derek walks in with a stack of papers. He slams them on the table and says one word, "Discovery." Ortwin hisses loudly before turning into a hundred small bats and escaping into the darkness.

:five::five::five:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
drat how fast was Davids hands moving in the air on that call?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Gentlemen, let us not trample over today's glorious achievement.

I normally don't post reddit stuff but today has been hilarious.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hobold posted:

Tires are expensive yo.

I still have like 7 bottles of whiskey in the other room, so I'm not terribly worried about it.
a man with seven bottles of whiskey ain't got no worries, friend

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

After some follow-up questions, the representative informed me that a refundwas issued recently to one customer, but in the amount of $330. I asked if it appeared this was the same customer, and if this customer had perhaps doctored the correspondence to make it appear as if the amount refunded was $45,000.

The response I got was: "Yes to the first. Yes to the second…as best as we can tell."

even if the 45k refund was fake (and that's not definitive, cig can gently caress off I'm not believing them yet) someone still spent over $300 on this bollocks. That's not as impressive as 45k I realise but it's still $300 on an imaginary videogame, and they got a refund because it's still in pre alpha 6 years into development. lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I suggest http://store.steampowered.com/app/259680/Tales_of_MajEyal/ for the guys that like skeletons. You can play one there, it's a rogue-like one-man-project-life that has already 2 extensions. Go skeleton archer it's good.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

hello I guess for a sec

Your friend appears to have uncovered the sickening and heartbreaking truth that goons really aren't destroying Star Citizen by evil means and hostile infiltration techniques.

No, TheAgent friend, CIG is doing it all to themselves with no help. :allears:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 15, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
If CIG could make a game as fast as they can respond to anything on the internet that threatens their money fountain, they'd be half done with Star Citizen by now instead of only a hairs fraction done with a non playable demo.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ortwin and Derek at spacecourt, refunds high

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

D_Smart posted:

Plus he had specifically said that he refunded both the org $45K + his own $330 account. So CIG is obfuscating the issue as usual.

what

the original screenshot showed 3 blanked-out pledges that presumably were the three 15k completionist packages and they never mentioned anything on reddit about a personal $330 account

unless you meant to mention that and forgot to post it before you deleted the account :tinfoil:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Zzr posted:

I suggest http://store.steampowered.com/app/259680/Tales_of_MajEyal/ for the guys that like skeletons. You can play one there, it's a rogue-like one-man-project-life that has already 2 extensions. Go skeleton archer it's good.

you can also play it for free on the tome site. the steam version is just like a premium paid version with a couple extra convenience things.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/908467536223760384

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Your friend appears to have uncovered the sickening and heartbreaking truth that goons really aren't destroying Star Citizen by evil means and hostile infiltration techniques.

No, TheAgent friend, CIG is doing it all to themselves with no help. :allears:
WE HAVE TO TO TO MAKE THIS REFUND CASCADE MORTY, WE HAVE TO DO IT AND AND AND THATS GOING TO BE IT MORTY, THAT'S WHAT WE NEED, BEDCAUSE THAT'S WHAT DEREK SMART NEEDS, BECAUSE RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW MORTY, A VIRAL VERSION OF HIM HAS INFECTED MY ANUS

I, I, I READ HIS BLOG MORTY, I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE READ HIS loving BLOG BUT THERE WAS A TWEET AND A LINK AND BEFORE I KNEW IT MORTY I WAS READING HIS BLOG AND DEREK SMART CLAWED HIS WAY INTO MY rear end in a top hat, MORTY

HE NEEDS THIS, THIS, THIS CASCADE TO HAPPEN OTHERWISE HIS VIRAL DICK WILL HARDBLOG DEEP INTO MY INNER BOWELS AND I'LL poo poo OUT 10,000 WORD BLOG POSTS AND RANDOM TWEETS UNTIL I DIE, MORTY

THIS THIS THIS IS loving HAPPENING, JUST SHUT UP AND POST A FAKE REFUND REQUEST ON REDDIT AND GET THIS STARTED

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
It's very likely the Reddit guy got harassed by citizens, who are very nice people who would never do or wish anything bad on someone who got a refund from a particular game.

Also a high chance CIG also attacked them.

Not everybody has the Derek-level amount of fortitude to yell back and threaten everybody in return.

Honestly I'd probably just close the account too instead of be afraid of crazy internet people. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

has sandi's twitter always listed shoe designer in her bio? i dont remember that.