Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

I'm the npc that looks like a marionette with a crack habit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

TheAgent posted:

like tophat I'd love to coop the poo poo outta the game with you but I'd probably only get like an hour or two a few times a week to play

I guess you could blaze through on a SP playthrough while you await my old drunk rear end to jump on the coop playthrough, but whatevs

I'm happy to have you in the party whenever you're free dude

I've just bought it because I thought, gently caress it.

Zzr posted:

I suggest http://store.steampowered.com/app/259680/Tales_of_MajEyal/ for the guys that like skeletons. You can play one there, it's a rogue-like one-man-project-life that has already 2 extensions. Go skeleton archer it's good.

Roguelikes aren't my jam I'm afraid. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
8 pages behind, trying to catch up after today's comedy, but have this in the meantime:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Awesome! posted:

has sandi's twitter always listed shoe designer in her bio? i dont remember that.
Yes, famously.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alphabettitouretti posted:

even if the 45k refund was fake (and that's not definitive, cig can gently caress off I'm not believing them yet) someone still spent over $300 on this bollocks. That's not as impressive as 45k I realise but it's still $300 on an imaginary videogame, and they got a refund because it's still in pre alpha 6 years into development. lol

The $45K was real :grin:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm guessing it's the perspective but drat that is not a flattering angle

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thatguy posted:

Yes, famously.

do we have any examples of shoes she has designed?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards. 

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will.

Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect. 

However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps.

Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection.

All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever.

Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable.

Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average.

Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule.

Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed.

The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Awesome! posted:

do we have any examples of shoes she has designed?

I picture the homer with a foot jammed in it

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Refund Dude wanted to out with a bang instead of a whimper. He is a legit hero imo because I learnt that I wanted to believe his story as much as these guys want to believe in Star Citizen.

I'm glad of the gaming websites that took a bite out of it, but in the end they all ran a piece of Swofford PR because in the end that's all they really know how to do - run loving releases from marketing agencies.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

B.. b... bu but, Genesis has blast processing!!!!

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Awesome! posted:

has sandi's twitter always listed shoe designer in her bio? i dont remember that.

She has been designing shoes ever since she was a little girl.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Surely it has to be fake because CIG publicly accused him of lying (corporate suicide if it was in fact legit), and if it was an org then wouldn't loads of people have contributed to the 45k and therefore be able to independently verify it?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hey Sandi those shoes look great. Where did you get them ? Did you design them ??

Oh these old things, Chris gave them to me as a gift for hitting the 150 million mark

Some unknown designer named Lous Vitton, My designs are much better !

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Rabelais D posted:

Surely it has to be fake because CIG publicly accused him of lying (corporate suicide if it was in fact legit), and if it was an org then wouldn't loads of people have contributed to the 45k and therefore be able to independently verify it?

But CIG didn't say it. Swafford did. He doesn't work directly for CIG, but a marketing company. He spoke of his own volition.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Rabelais D posted:

Maybe , and just bear with me here.

Maybeeeee people don't want to get into a public pissing match with a game development company over if they lied or not about refunding for a non delivered product

Call me crazy, cig is always ready to take the lower road , I guess just this once a backer is taking the high road

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

The bankers will never know

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Rabelais D posted:

They didn't accuse him of lying. They said the individual got a refund for $330 and not $45k. They did not say the corporate card account was not refunded $45k.

Imagine if you were a corporate card holder and bought your company a whole bunch of defective binders from an office supply company. You return them for a refund of $1000.

While you are at the store refunding them, you also get a refund for a stapler that doesn't work that you purchased personally, on your personal card for $12.

Then you tweet - hey I just got a refund for $1000 on my corporate card and the manager sees the tweet and checks his records. He then tweets out that the individual that tweeted only got a refund for $12, not $1000 alleged previously.

Doesn't make the original tweet less true.

Secondly, only original transaction records would be definitive proof and only one person has those. Other people can vouch, but who wants the death threats (from anonymous internetters) and threatened legal action (from CIG for tortious interference)that would result from doing so.

Not many people.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
We're terrible at being Derek's lackeys. It's like we don't even understand lackey development.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

AlbieQuirky posted:

We're terrible at being Derek's lackeys. It's like we don't even understand lackey development.

Its a tough job when your alleged boss is almost as full of poo poo as the person/company he is railing against.

Goalposts move, facts change, evidence exists in this fuzzy quagmire of quantum superposition.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
CIG have to cover this up or even the dumbest people will start to wonder where the -£45000 is on the funding tracker

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door

Golli posted:

They didn't accuse him of lying. They said the individual got a refund for $330 and not $45k.

A representative of CIG said it was "totally fabricated"

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

CIG have to cover this up or even the dumbest people will start to wonder where the -£45000 is on the funding tracker

they will just assume it is offset by a £45000 spite pledge

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

I practice starscream lackey style thank you very much, I'm doing fine

Thankfully Derek has never stated that this is bad comedy yet

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Golli posted:

they will just assume it is offset by a £45000 spite pledge

The hosed up part is it's probably true.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

The hosed up part is it's probably true.

Beardo-Weirdo Clifford stopped humping his Vocaloid Dakimakura as soon as he found out & immediately busted out his black card.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

All glory to the hypnorefund!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

I practice starscream lackey style thank you very much, I'm doing fine

Thankfully Derek has never stated that this is bad comedy yet

I read that as starcasm and now I'm stealing it, thank you very much

*hastily stuffs word down pants*

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

loling at this

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
The guy deleted his Reddit probably because he realized\was getting harassed by lovely people. Journalists, ArmyofDerek, Starshillizens, random people, etc. Its all noise if you're no longer part of the game, so he probably just bounced. He already did what he could do to prove it, theres no point in fighting or making more of a scene. He effectively did a mic drop and went home.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
l stepped out of my wank pod,
The marketing genius gave me the news,
She said, "you must be joking, son
"Where did you get those shoes?"

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Thoatse posted:

I read that as starcasm and now I'm stealing it, thank you very much

*hastily stuffs word down pants*

You may have stolen starcasm

but you can also steal starchasm

*boots you 300 style into the abyss*

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I aint paying tax

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Thanks for paying it forward commando

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Its hypnotizing

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/701v1r/what_is_a_total_ripoff_yet_people_keep_spending/

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
Some guy in that thread posted alkaline water \ bottled water. Alkaline water is indeed a ripoff, but bottled water isn't. Its nice to have a little stockpile of bottled water handy in the event something goes down.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

StarbloodKiss posted:

Some guy in that thread posted alkaline water \ bottled water. Alkaline water is indeed a ripoff, but bottled water isn't. Its nice to have a little stockpile of bottled water handy in the event something goes down.

Unless the thing that goes down is the boat you are on, then you want pretty much the exact opposite of water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Hobold posted:

But CIG didn't say it. Swafford did. He doesn't work directly for CIG, but a marketing company. He spoke of his own volition.

Why the gently caress does he access to backer funding details?