Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Happy Happyist posted:

It irks me that Dolph Ziggler has the American flag on his pants when he's a heel. Thanks for reading.

Violation of the flag code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reported that Vince bleeding during the segment was planned in advance. People who have been in the wrestling business for decades told Meltzer that Vince most probably bladed prior to the segment and covered it up with nu-skin, which would eventually lead to the wound re-opening with blood coming out (as a headbutt can’t guarantee blood and the blood was planned in advance).

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rewatching the KO beatdown on Mcmahon sober who is the bald gently caress who came before the frog splash? i hate him

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Rewatching the KO beatdown on Mcmahon sober who is the bald gently caress who came before the frog splash? i hate him

Adam Pearce.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Adam Pearce should have beat up Sami Zayn and tried to get Kevin Owens to help him so I could relive my decade ago RoH storylines

but instead he's just a generic goon, sad

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Stale Saltines posted:

Yeah that grossed me out on a visceral level. For those that haven't seen it, HHH told a story about a time he wrestled Mick in an arena with no AC and afterwards he takes his sweaty clothes off, showers, towels off with his sweaty clothes, puts them back on, and then continues on his way.

Mick Foley is probably one of my favorite wrestlers(even if I'll admit I haven't seen much of his in ring performances outside of what is included in his focus episode of The Monday Night War), but yeah that is amazingly gross, the popcorn bit I found hilarious though(partly because I used to do a smaller scale equivalent back when I interned at a movie theater the summer after I graduated High School)

That one story Jake The Snake Roberts shared about Andre The Giant managed to be even grosser somehow though

projecthalaxy posted:

new season next week.

I know, I'm quite excited, is Hulk Hogan still on the WWE's poo poo-list, cause I'm sure he'd have some good stories to share

Dacap posted:

My ultimate hope for this Ziggler gimmick is him coming out at number 30 in the Royal Rumble to Cult of Personality for the insane heat he would get

I'll admit you've lost me on this one

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

it was extremely funny hearing alvarez on f4d say it was the dumbest suggestion ever that it was pre-cut, and then meltzer on a different show is like no they definitely pre cut

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Where are these Foley stories coming from? Is there a new Table For 3 with him or something?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Phenix Rising posted:

Where are these Foley stories coming from? Is there a new Table For 3 with him or something?

Eh I just watched that WWE Story Time series today is all

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Bought my ticket to Hell in a Cell. May the wrestling gods have mercy on my soul.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Open Marriage Night posted:

Bought my ticket to Hell in a Cell. May the wrestling gods have mercy on my soul.

Like AsInHowe and I were discussing last week, I hope that Vince takes the opportunity to utilize the LED ceiling display at HiaC. It'd make for a cool bunch of entrance experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeb2MwAU96I

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yeah, not expecting anything, but they could have fun with it. Just really hyped for Nakamura, New Day, Owens/Shane, and hopefully a Bobby Roode entrance.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Open Marriage Night posted:

Yeah, not expecting anything, but they could have fun with it. Just really hyped for Nakamura, New Day, Owens/Shane, and hopefully a Bobby Roode entrance.

Dolph Ziggler was right :patriot:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Considering all pyro is banned, I wouldn't expect anything special for a C-tier PPV. That LED lighting is cool though.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is pyro really that expensive?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Not compared to, say, running a poo poo-tier movie studio at a loss

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gonz posted:

Like AsInHowe and I were discussing last week, I hope that Vince takes the opportunity to utilize the LED ceiling display at HiaC. It'd make for a cool bunch of entrance experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeb2MwAU96I

They're gonna use it for a gif of worms.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

For the longest time I thought WWE produced the Fast & Furious movies. I don't know why they don't.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

im cute posted:

For the longest time I thought WWE produced the Fast & Furious movies. I don't know why they don't.

Crushing incompetence mostly

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Foley story is obviously untrue gently caress sake

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

The Foley story is obviously untrue gently caress sake

It honestly sounds more true than Noelle being his daughter.

bartok
May 10, 2006

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think the only WWE Studios movie I saw that was actually good was Oculus and even that was just a slightly above average horror movie. Not shockingly no wrestlers in the movie.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A lot of the time now WWE just pays to slap their name on a film as a producer, they don't have anything else to do with it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Rundown is cool.

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
The WWE is good and not run by a maniac at all

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Is there some disease that makes it so wrestlers who can deliver insanely charismatic promos and perform scripted acrobatic and strongman stunts for 20+ minutes at a time with enough chutzpah that many grown-rear end people believe that Wrestling Is Real, can't act in a movie for poo poo?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

im cute posted:

Is there some disease that makes it so wrestlers who can deliver insanely charismatic promos and perform scripted acrobatic and strongman stunts for 20+ minutes at a time with enough chutzpah that many grown-rear end people believe that Wrestling Is Real, can't act in a movie for poo poo?

Many wrestlers act like themselves, and being in a movie generally means playing something other than yourself.

There's also the fact that someone who is really, really good at acting is probably good enough to not have to get involved in wrestling in the first place.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

why isn't vince being pedigreed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

a.lo posted:

why isn't vince being pedigreed

His Connecticut blue-blood acts a a genetic block to any attempts to dethrone Vince McMahon.

I mean Jesus Christ sometimes I think you people aren't paying attention!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

im cute posted:

They're out of their comfort zones. You can be a badass YouTube guitarist and choke on stage, everything takes practice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You might think you can poop in front of thousands of people because you sit on the toilet every drat day like a big shot but give it a shot hot shot

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The Condemned starring Stone Cold Steven Austin is probably my favorite bad movie.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Cavauro posted:

You might think you can poop in front of thousands of people because you sit on the toilet every drat day like a big shot but give it a shot hot shot

After six hours on this toilet i believe i'm working myself into a shoot, brother

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They're out of their comfort zones. You can be a badass YouTube guitarist and choke on stage, everything takes practice.

Yeah, but how do you regress the other way? Like, you can kill it most weeks live in front of an audience of dozens but on a closed set with virtually unlimited takes, no dice.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

Eli Wiggum posted:

quote:

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reported that Vince bleeding during the segment was planned in advance. People who have been in the wrestling business for decades told Meltzer that Vince most probably bladed prior to the segment and covered it up with nu-skin, which would eventually lead to the wound re-opening with blood coming out (as a headbutt can’t guarantee blood and the blood was planned in advance).

If you look closely right after he gets hit, before the blood starts to run, you can see 3 obvious little scratch marks on Vince's forehead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

The Condemned starring Stone Cold Steven Austin is probably my favorite bad movie.

I'll never forgive that movie for not living up to the very simple potential of just having it be Steve Austin and Vinnie Jones attempting to kill each other while talking poo poo at each other for 90 minutes :mad:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

bartok posted:

I think the only WWE Studios movie I saw that was actually good was Oculus and even that was just a slightly above average horror movie. Not shockingly no wrestlers in the movie.

I really thought from the trailer that the Bruce Lee movie was going to be good. It looked like a movie in the Rocky vein depicting a fight between Lee and a Chinese Shaolin Master, a primordial conflict between progress and tradition. A depiction of young Bruce as an arrogant and flawed but visionary fighter as well as a teacher who cast off expectations in his methods, taking on a seemingly affable, wise, even noble opponent who is nevertheless close-minded in his own right and a tool of establishment politicos here to silence a threat to their power in the martial arts world. A film that would show how his surroundings and circumstances shaped Lee and his beliefs leading up to the confrontation in contrast to his opponent's more archetypal way of thinking, and leave us guessing as to the outcome of this clash of philosophies because the actual real-life winner is unknown.

In reality all that stuff was barely a backdrop for a fictional white guy rescuing his girlfriend. Thanks WWE films.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://streamable.com/zznls WWE didn't let Bryan and Brie upload a Brie training video because Bryan took a bump

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Chris James 2 posted:

https://streamable.com/zznls WWE didn't let Bryan and Brie upload a Brie training video because Bryan took a bump

Lol they are so petty

I do like how Brie and Bryan don't give a gently caress though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Lol they are so petty

I do like how Brie and Bryan don't give a gently caress though

Vince: Daniel Bryan, YOU'RE...... You're... yo...
Bryan: I'm what? :haw:
Vince: Goddamn it, give him a raise :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Vince: Daniel Bryan, YOU'RE...... You're... yo...
Bryan: I'm what? :haw:
Vince: Goddamn it, give him a raise :mad:

It'd be pretty amazing if Vince just started offering Bryan Brock-esque money to keep him from wrestling in New Japan or the indies.

• Locked thread