Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
SC isn't getting any Twitch viewers because its boring as gently caress.
Wankpod, run to ship, fly about, jitter explode, wankpod.

It was prob fun to watch in the first year, but 5 years of wankpod walls?
gently caress off, there's a guy riding a motorbike on a roof over in PUBG right now, or some lady making cut out paper angels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So when are we starting the Goon Guild? Also, gently caress console timed exclusives :(
I think we should be CTZN, the clan for the weird people in the star citizen thread

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

IDG why people are buying into Destiny 2 when there's a better alternative that's free.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I watched a guy writing a word document and talking about weight loss and healthy eating for like... an hour.

gently caress Star Citizen, its garbage.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

IDG why people are buying into Destiny 2 when there's a better alternative that's free.
what game is that?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Xaerael posted:

Warframe is great but I'm burned out on it.

TheAgent posted:

what game is that?

Warframe

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAgent posted:

what game is that?

This thread.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

YEAH WELL YOU SHOULD YOURE KILLING OFF THE LAST TRUE BIG INDIE DEV BY HELPING PUBLISHERS REFUND CASCADE THE BACKERS FROM STAR CITIZEN INTO OBLIVION! -reddit, probably

p much yeah. My inbox is hilariously full of weird E-Honour poo poo

quote:

Some people might actually one day demand that you be held accountable for the things you do, especially when you're involved in conspiring to fraud.

quote:

By all means, don't take it seriously. In fact I encourage you to not take it seriously, just let what happens happen.

quote:

Why was it ok that your subreddit attacked SC and DS subreddit moderators quite profusely under the banner of OSC but now you're making light of it when the finger is pointed at you?

lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I like the shootfeel and layouts better in Destiny 2

when the warframe open world hits, I'll revisit it then

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

"Some people might actually one day demand that you be held accountable for the things you do, especially when you're involved in conspiring to fraud."

lock him up. lock him up. lock him up.

Edit: So, who's going to kickstarter the eventual coffee table book of 'The Parp years: A something awful Star Citizen history'.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

Doing my best to not double dip on Destiny 2, I preordered the big daddy, gently caress your wallet edition for PC. It's probably good my internet was out while stuck in the house for 3 days cause of Irma.

TheAgent posted:

surprisingly I didn't buy it while drunk off my rear end on cheap chardonnay

I'm rocking some destiny 2 on the ol ps4 right now, but already pre-ordered the suck my hype-dick edition on pc, so I'm sure I'll play that with y'all

I've been seriously eyeing Destiny 2 as a nice middleground between the dumb shootmans I play and the small part of me that wants to sink deep into the loving arms of WoW again. That might settle it tbh.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

lol
yeah there's been a few times where I wanted to post on reddit to clear some things up (like me claiming I work for CIG or something like that) but gently caress stepping into that pale poo poo spotlight

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Why leave out the senders' usernames, Beet?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TheAgent posted:

yeah there's been a few times where I wanted to post on reddit to clear some things up (like me claiming I work for CIG or something like that) but gently caress stepping into that pale poo poo spotlight

Just make Derek Smart your signal booster :P.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I've been seriously eyeing Destiny 2 as a nice middleground between the dumb shootmans I play and the small part of me that wants to sink deep into the loving arms of WoW again. That might settle it tbh.
its legit good

I had a ton of gripes with the first game, especially how the rpg mechanics were from some ancient Sega Saturn game and how loot distribution and builds worked

they seem to have fixed a lot of that this time around, I'm around 265 power and while progression has slowed, there's about 2 billion things to do at any given time and all of it is p fun

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

(weirdo :reddit: messages)

lol

Space court!! :black101:

The Baker
Dec 4, 2013
Hey! I love reading the SC thread over here at Something awful and have came to the conclusion that even IF this game comes out it's so F'ing p2w that i probable wont even play it...Guildwars 2's cash store was enough to make me stop playing but i gave SC a pass as it really did seem awesome.
Things have gone too far and long now and I'd like to ask you fine fellows to direct me to any Information on obtaining a refund and will there be any complications that I'm from Norway...also I hear you can't get your subscription payments back but as i subscribed to see a game made and that's not happening maybe there is hope there too.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

I like the shootfeel and layouts better in Destiny 2

when the warframe open world hits, I'll revisit it then

Yeah DE doesn't do guns as well as Bungie but space ninjaing around is pretty good. I don't think WF is better or worse than Destiny, just 2 grindy loot space games that are fun.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

The Baker posted:

Hey! I love reading the SC thread over here at Something awful and have came to the conclusion that even IF this game comes out it's so F'ing p2w that i probable wont even play it...Guildwars 2's cash store was enough to make me stop playing but i gave SC a pass as it really did seem awesome.
Things have gone too far and long now and I'd like to ask you fine fellows to direct me to any Information on obtaining a refund and will there be any complications that I'm from Norway...also I hear you can't get your subscription payments back but as i subscribed to see a game made and that's not happening maybe there is hope there too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
do norwegians even have internet

I think we're being suckered here again

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

We could have a whole clan of people who have defeated Derek Smart.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Oh yes, fraud. You know, that thing that is relevant when nobody's money has been involved in anything.

I once photoshopped Arnold Schwarzenegger into a M*A*S*H VHS box cover, so I guess I'm guilty of fraud, bestiality, and impersonating a member of the clergy.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Why leave out the senders' usernames, Beet?

Oh I was just grabbing whichever ones stood out to me, didn't feel like putting the effort into it. To be fair to /r/dereksmart posters my inbox is also full of people wishing me a speedy recovery from the hurricane, so there is that at least.

Also there's Fandred, who accused me of lying about Hurricane Irma for some insane reason I still don't understand.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Well erm... you're obviously "alive" so Irma didn't happen. It was all fake news, mixed with alternate facts. Checkmate goonie! :colbert:

Potato Salad posted:

I once photoshopped Arnold Schwarzenegger into a M*A*S*H VHS box cover, so I guess I'm guilty of fraud, bestiality, and impersonating a member of the clergy.

YOU MONSTER!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh I was just grabbing whichever ones stood out to me, didn't feel like putting the effort into it. To be fair to /r/dereksmart posters my inbox is also full of people wishing me a speedy recovery from the hurricane, so there is that at least.

Also there's Fandred, who accused me of lying about Hurricane Irma for some insane reason I still don't understand.

Hurricane Irma is a goon conspiracy to something something Roberts something CIA honeypot.

I'm glad your only casualty was a tree. :shobon:

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

Beet Wagon posted:

lol

they had a couple threads where they definitively decided you guys (DS, Mods (You), and THE GOONS) are definitely guilty of libel and fraud. Also guilty of making fun of their videogame company and saying its bad. So that's why you are getting more of those.

BloodyScab fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 15, 2017

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I guess my issue with Destwo is loving lootbox cancer.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

I guess my issue with Destwo is loving lootbox cancer.
uh have you seen warframes cashshop lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

uh have you seen warframes cashshop lol

tbf there are no gambling boxes in Warframe

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

lol

See, this is the sort of poo poo I'd be posting everywhere.

gently caress your noses, enjoy the dirty laundry you filthy fucks.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
true, but either way its buying cosmetics and poo poo and as long as it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way, I don't care

also no one gets to complain about random loot boxes unless you were a D&D DM trying to run a campaign and buying crates, loving CRATES, of mini boxes hoping beyond hope to get that super rare one you needed for a certain part

hearthstone, d2, overwatch, whatever, they all look like sane purchases compared to that poo poo

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

The Baker posted:

It hard as hell to get subscriptions back, but you're basically looking at what they advertised as coming with the subscriptions and what they provided. When they reply about deactivating your account they also remove your subscription hangar flair, so you can point that out too. It's possible to get subscription payments back but you'll have to push them into wanting to do it to make you away.

Make sure you take a complete copy of your billing page and hangar log before contacting them as they might deactivate the account immediately.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

AP posted:

It hard as hell to get subscriptions back, but you're basically looking at what they advertised as coming with the subscriptions and what they provided. When they reply about deactivating your account they also remove your subscription hangar flair, so you can point that out too. It's possible to get subscription payments back but you'll have to push them into wanting to do it to make you away.

Make sure you take a complete copy of your billing page and hangar log before contacting them as they might deactivate the account immediately.

Going on and on about wanting to see the financials will also help your case: Trying to become an unwanted Citizen.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

See, this is the sort of poo poo I'd be posting everywhere.

gently caress your noses, enjoy the dirty laundry you filthy fucks.

They posted them as public replies to comments of mine, so it's not like "going public" with them is going to shame them lol.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

also if any of you dumb fuckers still have accounts in SC, we're going to have some fun when 3.0 hits, I'm sure

I can't wait!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay I'm only half paying attention to twitch bullshit, so somebody please explain this to me. How is it that there's some like dozen pasty white dudes now streaming this garbage fire, and the viewer count is so low? Are they doing it in shifts such that there's one guy streaming SC at any given time of day, or do they have one viewer per stream, or what?

Sucessfull Twitch channel is 75% good hosting/nice voice/charisma and 25% recent and/or interesting game.

SC is not interesting (no stakes like PUBG, no funny team interaction like ARMA, no progression) and do you really hink ardent SC backers would somehow manage to shine in the Charisma dept ? If 3.0 manage to release someday (probably in the form of a planetside 2 type of map control game) the viewership will spike to 300-400 and then slump back for another year.

Meanwhile, 1k people are watching Warcraft 3 or Starcraft, games old enough to drink and vote.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

You're proven time and again that you're excelling at waiting. I guess you'll have to wait just a bit more. How do you feel about 2 weeks?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

They posted them as public replies to comments of mine, so it's not like "going public" with them is going to shame them lol.

Even more :laffo:

But I was under the impression those were PMs.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You're proven time and again that you're excelling at waiting. I guess you'll have to wait just a bit more. How do you feel about 2 weeks?

I can wait a max of 90 days before I shift the goalposts again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I can wait a max of 90 days before I shift the goalposts again.

The average seems to be 14 days though.