Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You can only buy certain special weapon components from other players, if you want the standard-issue Karak you'll want to get the blueprint from the market and scavenge the materials to build it from running missions.

Don't worry a ton about getting the biggest, baddest hardware at the start. You'll need lots of maxed out mods in your arsenal and lots of high level enemies in your missions before there's any real meaningful distinction between weapons. Just go for what sounds fun or useful right now, you'll get all the crazy lethal poo poo eventually. This game is basically Pokémon Except It's Guns, so fill up that inventory! :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just build it

Buying weapons or warframes from the market directly is an incredible waste of platinum, you will get most of your stuff by buying the blueprint from there (costs credits) and then building it yourself

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah all the karak poo poo drops from earth, venus and mars, you should have enough crap to make one real quick since those are all pretty low level planets.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Build whatever, make a ton of mistakes, don't start min maxing until you get your rear end handed to you which won't happen until like Uranus and then you need to learn stuff

Edit: the Saturn Archwing mission is where you will experience rage for the first time

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
My first rage experience was with the weekly sculpture mission. I didn't know what I was getting into so when I got to the treasure room, the counter started at 20 seconds and I was like "uuuuh, what?", then promptly failed the mission. It was my first mission failure, too, so that's how I find out that you don't get to keep any loot when you fail.

I retried a couple times the next day and finally managed to get it right. It felt so good :allears:

e: btw when does the weekly sculpture mission reset?

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 15, 2017

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.

Vax posted:

Yea I just saw that one ingame and was thinking okay that's basically an AK-47. What are my options of getting it the fastest and cheapest? Buy off another player with plat right?

Market -> buy blueprint. You can only buy prime parts and blueprints from other players.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I still miss the old Limbo. Press 1 to kill things, press 4 to kill a lot of things, run around with impunity killing things and reviving people when they inevitably die, make everyone else useless in the process. Good poo poo.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

kxZyle posted:

My first rage experience was with the weekly sculpture mission. I didn't know what I was getting into so when I got to the treasure room, the counter started at 20 seconds and I was like "uuuuh, what?", then promptly failed the mission. It was my first mission failure, too, so that's how I find out that you don't get to keep any loot when you fail.

I retried a couple times the next day and finally managed to get it right. It felt so good :allears:

e: btw when does the weekly sculpture mission reset?

Sunday At like 7 pm. Weird rear end time

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Moatman posted:

I still miss the old Limbo. Press 1 to kill things, press 4 to kill a lot of things, run around with impunity killing things and reviving people when they inevitably die, make everyone else useless in the process. Good poo poo.

Atlas on release, when you could block corridors using the walls for everything including players. That got patched out pretty quick :negative:

At least Vauban bounce pads and Nova wormholes still work to dick players around

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Original flavor tonkor that would rocket allies straight up.

Mister No posted:

You can only buy prime parts and blueprints from other players.

Special weapons and special weapon components such as syndicate weapons and stuff like sheev are also tradable. But yeah, regular weapons are not player tradable.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I think if I could spend $50 to instantly crack all my relics I would.

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
If I could spend fifty dollars to pass mr9 mastery test, I would at this point.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.twitch.tv/warframe

stream's up

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Zenurik's energy restore and Naramon's shadow step are both confirmed dead. :confuoot:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

To the surprise of no one.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rainuwastaken posted:

Zenurik's energy restore and Naramon's shadow step are both confirmed dead. :confuoot:

gently caress that man. If they take Zenurik away we need baseline energy regeneration, that loving sucks.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

how about they fix the health orbs that have been broken for how many loving months now

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What the gently caress is focus going to do now then

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Oh goddammit. They're going to do something retarded like make you pop into operator mode to kill enemies and restore energy.

Edit:

"It's dead. Focus is going to be focused around enhancing Operators for combat specifically."

No one wants this.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 15, 2017

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Tallgeese is already thrilled to have the bestest anime kid around.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can't wait to spend 100 hours levelling a teen anime to flop around like a beached dolphin during combat.

Wonder when the Warframe Rivens are coming

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

That loving mining minigame though.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

To be fair the way focus works now is really, really stupid. Wait for a circle to fill up for a few minutes, activate a power and then immediately deactivate it, gain a passive power for the rest of the mission.

That's awful.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Since they're publishing the drop tables this is just a backdoor way to increase the grind, like the whole vacuum debacle.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

To be fair the way focus works now is really, really stupid. Wait for a circle to fill up for a few minutes, activate a power and then immediately deactivate it, gain a passive power for the rest of the mission.

That's awful.

yeah, uh, i'd much rather that de destroys what we have now and maybe works towards something actually worth a poo poo instead of the absolute dumpster fire it is currently. leaving it how it is would ultimately do more harm to the game over time than converting it into a new system.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm sure it will prove to be as useful as revised vacuum, synoid simulor, tonkor, tether grenades, telos boltace, new Mesa, Ash Prime, and Arch Wing.

They get mechanics right by accident. They should be revisiting useless abilities and fixing those instead of removing the focuses the majority of players use.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 15, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, uh, i'd much rather that de destroys what we have now and maybe works towards something actually worth a poo poo instead of the absolute dumpster fire it is currently. leaving it how it is would ultimately do more harm to the game over time than converting it into a new system.

On the other hand the current system is actually fun in practice because Warframe is a game about being busted as poo poo. It's simultaneously deeply flawed but gently caress at least the current system doesn't get in your way. Encouraging us to gently caress around in Operator mode MORE sounds like a great way to disrupt the flow of combat and produce janky and unfun gameplay.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

did they nerf Mesa in the last couple weeks because she still owned real hard last I played.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

gently caress that man. If they take Zenurik away we need baseline energy regeneration, that loving sucks.

Zenurik and Naramon definitely needed tweaks (because they were completely and utterly broken), but I've always wondered why there isn't a more active way to regain energy. Years ago, when melee was loving horrible, I was hoping they'd make it so that melee strikes regenerated your energy. Now I'm just hoping for a kind of bizarro life strike that harms your channeling damage but gives you some way of punching the energy out of enemies.

Johnny Joestar posted:

If current focus is a dumpster fire, more focus (hurr) on the operator is the gaping mouth of hell opening up in downtown New Jersey.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm sure it will prove to be as useful as revised vacuum,

that change actually made it so that people use more than the carrier now so i'm not sure what the actual complaint is, since it's not like they went backwards with this. like if anything an issue would be that most of the pets still don't have much use

also mesa is amazing?

and they set it so the old archwing control scheme is the baseline now, anyways?

i can't say i care about the weapons listed because they're up there with the ignis as literally the most boring goddamn things in the game to use

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Well, it was a good run, but it looks like DE is DEtermined (:haw:) to run the game into the ground

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

that change actually made it so that people use more than the carrier now so i'm not sure what the actual complaint is, since it's not like they went backwards with this.like if anything an issue would be that most of the pets still don't have much use

also mesa is amazing?

and they set it so the old archwing control scheme is the baseline now, anyways?

i can't say i care about the weapons listed because they're up there with the ignis as literally the most boring goddamn things in the game to use

I think they mean the original revised vacuum, where they like halved the radius in such a way that it was an even bigger nerf, and also gave carrier an even shittier precept for a few days until people absolutely flipped their poo poo (like, actual honest to god death threats to DE_Rebecca levels of flipped their poo poo)

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Rainuwastaken posted:

Zenurik and Naramon definitely needed tweaks (because they were completely and utterly broken), but I've always wondered why there isn't a more active way to regain energy. Years ago, when melee was loving horrible, I was hoping they'd make it so that melee strikes regenerated your energy. Now I'm just hoping for a kind of bizarro life strike that harms your channeling damage but gives you some way of punching the energy out of enemies.

If current focus is a dumpster fire, more focus (hurr) on the operator is the gaping mouth of hell opening up in downtown New Jersey.

Yeah, it's understandable that "2 focus trees are the only ones you take, because their early unlocks are the only things worth it," is not something they want. It's also clear that some abilities were just not balanced around "You can do this forever, the map now melts instantly whenever you want it to." They need to scrap their energy and power system period/dramatically rebalance it. Since the only way many frames can even do the post 30 content requires some costly abilities to be always up. Hell, bake in some way to restore energy into ALL the focus trees, or the warframes that need energy just to function.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh goddammit. They're going to do something retarded like make you pop into operator mode to kill enemies and restore energy.

No one wants this.
I'm not so sure about that. I mean we mostly mock the anime kid thing, but look at the fan-art gallery in game. It really looks like they had fans who always imagined they were animes inside the warframes. So I wouldn't be surprised if there really are people saying "The operator is my REAL character, give me ways to show people the character customization I've paid for, and also let me run around in that mode with more voiced lines and dialogue trees!"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
They should just bake energy restoration into all the Focuses. Make Unairu restore energy from damage taken, Naramon from melee damage dealt, something along those lines.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Captain Oblivious posted:

They should just bake energy restoration into all the Focuses. Make Unairu restore energy from damage taken, Naramon from melee damage dealt, something along those lines.

hopefully they'll go this way, but if nothing else i'll welcome anything that isn't just 'shoot a laser for a couple seconds'

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Moatman posted:

Well, it was a good run, but it looks like DE is DEtermined (:haw:) to run the game into the ground

how is it people say this every time something is nerfed

start carrying energy pizzas again, jeez

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

hopefully they'll go this way, but if nothing else i'll welcome anything that isn't just 'shoot a laser for a couple seconds'

I actually like Zenurik because I can pop it as an oh poo poo ability and get some breathing room when I'm cornered.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Once again Madurai laser beams is proven to be the best pick. Nowhere to go but up from here. :shepface:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

aegof posted:

how is it people say this every time something is nerfed

start carrying energy pizzas again, jeez

How dare you, do you think I'm made out of polymer bundles or something?

The real answer is to carry a half-decent gun at all times so you're not a completely useless lump when your energy runs out, but my time with pubs tells me that's asking too much from your average person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Also according to the reddit AMA they want less cross over between anime child and warframe so they are looking to put the focus passive effects into the revamped arcane system so they are still available to warframe.