Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I too use yuna as a sub since her LS doesn't play nicely with most of my bi color + hearts inherits. If I wasn't pairing with diablos then maybe but I don't see the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

C10 down. Thanks for the hot Tsubaki tip - short cooldown active + dragon killers + being fire elemental was actually a super sweet combo.

I see lots of love for Yuna, should I be using her as a lead over Anubis? Seems like I might as well just 30x rather than 16x.

I feel like it's misleading to list Anubis as 30x. You would need to devote at least one slot to a 1-turn skill to maintain that level of damage. In contrast, you can basically always get Yuna's 16x with no real investment.

Ultimately, though, I agree Anubis the better leader. He's bind-immune and works better with the many bicolor and tricolor board changers out there. Yuna lacks bind immunity and needs at least four color/heart types to max out her damage.

If we didn't basically have unlimited access to 7x6 boards, Yuna might be more reliable (lol 100x damage at 7 combos), but that's not the case. If you want to play on a smaller board, though, definitely try Yuna. It's pretty good and fun.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Yuna is a great Anubis sub.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
it's kind of lovely how every single new dungeon is just damage null damage null damage null and if you don't have pixels you're hosed

oh well i still grinded through the new Hera with diara. free 7x6 makes diara just hilariously overpowered even nowadays.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
On the other hand, I just tried out double Yuna on Extreme Endless 7x6 for the practice, with RSakura RAmaterasu Momiji DKali in the middle.

Cleared it. It wasn't even close. Just facerolled everything, had the heart column for the last level and had all the time in the world to move orbs. First I've ever seen a 256x multiplier.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ChikoDemono posted:

Yuna is a great Anubis sub.
That's what I'm using her for - okay active (but it's fastish) and also two 7C means she hits like a drat truck and wow dem fingers.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

it's kind of lovely how every single new dungeon is just damage null damage null damage null and if you don't have pixels you're hosed

oh well i still grinded through the new Hera with diara. free 7x6 makes diara just hilariously overpowered even nowadays.

New dungeons are damage null, big preemptive attack, damage null, big preemptive attack and so on.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
24 rolls, 9 silvers, 10 golds, 5 crystals. Zero Yuna. :smithicide:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

10 pulls saved up. got some dupe blue things since last time, and a Yuna (sorry isndl, and inevitable others). I've not been playing much attention to the game lately, but she looks loving bonkers.

Really pleased as I've not had good pulls in ages.

Now to make a team. Looks really flexible, and will get me out of my DAthena rut.

328,406,383 for friends.
I've put the female Hunter on as an inherit. Happy to change if needed

-edit-
Aw gently caress, I was sure I still had a BFF left, wtf. How long ago was the last reset?

Anyone feel like telling me a good Arena 1 team? Yeah, I know, over 3 years playing and still never done it, lol. To be fair, it's been very off and on, the box was given to me bt someone younger who did 2/3 of this.

I haven't really tried to clear it much tbh, but I do really suck, and my eyes/coordination aint what they used to be (probably because I'm over 50, heh)

I'm guessing that with FUA, guard break etc, it'll be a lot easier than when I last tried, but I'm overwhelmed with options, and inherits, so any help would be great.

Big Old Box

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 15, 2017

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Five rolls, got Vaan, Zidane, Vivi, and some other four star garbage.

How can I make the best use of these?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
At least I got a noctis.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
8 rolls, 2 crystals, 0 Yunas. drat you and your rate up lies Gungho. :argh:

Crystals were Sephiroth and Tifa.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Rolling on my alt for Yuna:

Reynn & Lann
Noctis
Seph
Y'shotla
Auron
Squall
Seph
Squall
Cloud
Rinoa

At least I got some good crystals from this. :)

Now to wait for Sunday to roll for Cloud on my main. (Watch me pull Yuna)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Had 17 gems on my alt so I decided to roll:

Zidane
Zidane
Yuna :suicide:

This loving account has pulled the Haku my main never got in 100+ pulls and now Yuna. The goddamn desire sensor is real. :sigh:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Ahahahahaha, I've finally managed to get padsync to work!!!

Different phone, ignored one part that I couldn't see, and finally, its done.
Im loving delirious here. The box is over 1800, and looking at the differences now I see how hosed it was. The management was the thing that was putting me off playing, and would likely soon end it, so I'm over the moon.

This, minus the part about cert 2, and it's sweet.
https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/padlistener-and-padherder-working-now.102357/

I have to fix up some mons/materials stuff, but that's a walk in the park compared to what I was facing.
https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/padlistener-and-padherder-working-now.102357/

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

Adolf Glitter posted:

Anyone feel like telling me a good Arena 1 team? Yeah, I know, over 3 years playing and still never done it, lol. To be fair, it's been very off and on, the box was given to me bt someone younger who did 2/3 of this.

I haven't really tried to clear it much tbh, but I do really suck, and my eyes/coordination aint what they used to be (probably because I'm over 50, heh)

I'm guessing that with FUA, guard break etc, it'll be a lot easier than when I last tried, but I'm overwhelmed with options, and inherits, so any help would be great.

Big Old Box

It would probably be pretty easy with Kush/Haku/Haku/somehealer/yuna. Inherit sheena and arcline somewhere and it'll be an easy kill on Kali. You can inherit rindra on yuna for security against faffing your killshot. Know your damage so you can kill sopdet/hino.

Otherwise maybe go yuna/diablos and throw skuld/fingers/boardchange and nuke everything, hoping you don't run into sopdet, or stall enough to have fujin up on diablos. Just kidding, you have fujin. Inherit her on something or just run her and you can't lose.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

pankus posted:

It would probably be pretty easy with Kush/Haku/Haku/somehealer/yuna. Inherit sheena and arcline somewhere and it'll be an easy kill on Kali. You can inherit rindra on yuna for security against faffing your killshot. Know your damage so you can kill sopdet/hino.

Otherwise maybe go yuna/diablos and throw skuld/fingers/boardchange and nuke everything, hoping you don't run into sopdet, or stall enough to have fujin up on diablos. Just kidding, you have fujin. Inherit her on something or just run her and you can't lose.

Rad, thanks.
I really tried to like Kushi, but nah, feels weird and gross.
Now Yuna, Diablos I've been messing about with and I really like it. Only thing I dislike about not doing dual Yuna is the TE loss. But you can't have it all.

I threw together this.... (like, really, zero effort)

No effort

and it has all the fancy poo poo (FUA, Def Break etc already) (if I throw a Fujin inherit on it)
I might try and tweak it for TE over 7c, as the damage is loopy, but I can never get enough of those fingers.
Haha, maybe I'll do A1 soon, whoodathunkit

--Ninja edit-- Who is rindra? Any help at not loving up the last bit is gold man

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 15, 2017

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
RIndra is Reincarnated Indra, basically a straight upgrade over Yuna's skill and a nice stat stick inherit to boot.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I wouldn't worry about def break for a1. I'd roll with, for a cushy time, yuna/skuld/fujin/r.yomi/(board change that makes at least 4 colors with blue/light, or more fingers, or dkali). I don't think there are any preemptive binds, and since you're one shotting everything you shouldn't have to worry about binds after. Biggest issue would be dark absorb on zaerog, I'd say. Fujin should be up for sopdet, and can come up again for parvati. I feel like this should work. I don't have a skuld so I'm not sure how the damage looks, but if its anything like other double 7c cards I have its plenty. Have a spike for kali.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

pankus posted:

I wouldn't worry about def break for a1. I'd roll with, for a cushy time, yuna/skuld/fujin/r.yomi/(board change that makes at least 4 colors with blue/light, or more fingers, or dkali). I don't think there are any preemptive binds, and since you're one shotting everything you shouldn't have to worry about binds after. Biggest issue would be dark absorb on zaerog, I'd say. Fujin should be up for sopdet, and can come up again for parvati. I feel like this should work. I don't have a skuld so I'm not sure how the damage looks, but if its anything like other double 7c cards I have its plenty. Have a spike for kali.

Only real preemptive bind I think is the tama floor so there is that. I doubt a spike would even really be necessary for Kali for that team especially if you already have rindra inherited but it doesn't hurt. I like to bring a delay mainly for things like Zaerog or if I can't FUA for some reason.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Cannot figure out how to clear level 9 in the Sept. Quest dungeon. Any advice? It seems like every floors needs a different specific skill/awakening/color combo and I don't have room for them all.

I posted my box recently if you look at my posts in this thread. Add a Pixel Terra and a Penelo from the FF rolls, and it's still about the same.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Had four rolls today on the main account looking for Yuna, and got her on the last one, very nice.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Looks like I have a Yuna from last time. Dont think I have a reason to roll for a 2nd, so good luck everyone!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

pookel posted:

Cannot figure out how to clear level 9 in the Sept. Quest dungeon. Any advice? It seems like every floors needs a different specific skill/awakening/color combo and I don't have room for them all.

I posted my box recently if you look at my posts in this thread. Add a Pixel Terra and a Penelo from the FF rolls, and it's still about the same.

Anubis/Diablos pairing beat this dungeon for me.

You will want the following skills/awakenings: Follow Up Attack for Hino, Volsung and Take. At least 2 board changes that give hearts so you can use the follow up attacks. Subs with 7c awakening. One sub with a very low cooldown skill. Full color coverage for guard break on Diablos.

FL1: Sweep
FL2: Knock under 80% hp and heal, kill on 2nd turn.
FL3: If you have enough hearts on the board, just combo and make a column of hearts to FUA. Otherwise pop one of those board changes to kill.
FL4: Hopefully you have a good rainbow board, if so, make sure to match all colors and Diablos will guard break Meimei, bypassing her 15 mil defense.
FL5: Same as FL3.
FL6: Only 9 mil HP, you could probably wreck him through the damage shield with a good board and an activation.
FL7: 45 mil hp, but the proper board with FUA will one shot.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

How about c10? Feels like everything in the second half has effectively over 100M HP.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

The Hebug posted:

How about c10? Feels like everything in the second half has effectively over 100M HP.

Anubis/Diablos again is how I beat this:

FL1: Stall as long as you want, he should be an easy kill.
FL2: This is where you want to make sure you are not using DiaoChan if you have her since the time bonus from Titania is much better. Typically you'll have 15 or more seconds to match. Enjoy. Just don't knock her under 10%.
FL3: 4 turn lock of the top row sucks, but you can work around it. I would try to one shot though since he delays skills and is rather annoying.
FL4: Kill within the first 3 turns. Pop a skill if needed since he has nearly 70 mil hp.
FL5: One shot, use a skill.
FL6: One shot, use a skill.
FL7: Board change, one shot.
FL8: One shot, use a skill.

C10 is either being able to tank the hits or one shotting everything.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
gently caress yeah. Only took me a dozen rolls.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Forgot I had (2) Anubis on my alt account too, so I could make something dumb like Anubis/Yuna/Haku/Lumiel/???? and a Diablos friend if I hated myself enough to play that account with any sort of regularity.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What sort of teams does Yuna even go on anyway? She also seems like a good leader. What are her best subs?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Ambush posted:

What sort of teams does Yuna even go on anyway? She also seems like a good leader. What are her best subs?

I don't get it, you did a dozen rolls chasing her and don't really know what makes her good?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

trucutru posted:

I don't get it, you did a dozen rolls chasing her and don't really know what makes her good?

pad.txt

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I rolled 7 times in JP godfest to get Uranus solely because he's a dark skinned husbando.

Didn't get him, but I got my first Haku and as a consolation price, along with my fourth Light Kali. (RIP Awoken Ra)

And Thethys which I may keep as an Att absorb void assist.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
can people not trade for mizutsune purplefur?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

You can, but you need to have seen one before to request it. If you haven't seen it you have to wait for someone to put it up first.

That said, if your experience with MH mats is anything like mine, no one will trade you one. I have no idea what I need to offer to get Mizu claws, but whatever it is I'm not doing it right.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Olothreutes posted:

You can, but you need to have seen one before to request it. If you haven't seen it you have to wait for someone to put it up first.

That said, if your experience with MH mats is anything like mine, no one will trade you one. I have no idea what I need to offer to get Mizu claws, but whatever it is I'm not doing it right.

offer kirin parts. Also THAT IS DUMB GUNGHO

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Herr Tog posted:

offer kirin parts. Also THAT IS DUMB GUNGHO

Right now I have a +99 up for one, we'll see if someone bites. I wish you could elect to trade down on a thing, like offer a 6* but be allowed to take a 5* for it.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

ChikoDemono posted:

I rolled 7 times in JP godfest to get Uranus solely because he's a dark skinned husbando.

Didn't get him, but I got my first Haku and as a consolation price, along with my fourth Light Kali. (RIP Awoken Ra)

And Thethys which I may keep as an Att absorb void assist.

Sorry not sorry.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

trucutru posted:

I know she's the only card in NA with 2 7c awakenings and 4 fingers and she can do absurd amounts of damage. I also know her leader skill is good too. However I'm a filthy casual who plays other mobile games and can't keep up with the high level meta for every game I play. For all I know Dark Athena sucks now. I remember reading that Ra Dragon uvo isn't top tier anymore which is hilarious because that hasn't been around long. Anyway that's why I'm asking questions of the hardcores.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hurricane killed my alt's login bonus and I'm kinda bummed about that

shoulda paid more attention to what was happening today because I didn't notice the godfest. wasted rolls on getting garbage out of ff instead of failing to roll ney :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Kuros posted:

Anubis/Diablos again is how I beat this:

FL1: Stall as long as you want, he should be an easy kill.
FL2: This is where you want to make sure you are not using DiaoChan if you have her since the time bonus from Titania is much better. Typically you'll have 15 or more seconds to match. Enjoy. Just don't knock her under 10%.
FL3: 4 turn lock of the top row sucks, but you can work around it. I would try to one shot though since he delays skills and is rather annoying.
FL4: Kill within the first 3 turns. Pop a skill if needed since he has nearly 70 mil hp.
FL5: One shot, use a skill.
FL6: One shot, use a skill.
FL7: Board change, one shot.
FL8: One shot, use a skill.

C10 is either being able to tank the hits or one shotting everything.
Couple questions:
I don't have a Titania, how do I get "15 seconds" on floor 2?

What is FUA and how does it help me?

How do I get enough damage to one-shot everything? It just hasn't been working for me. I keep trying with Anubis/Diablos and I can't reliably get 8 combos every turn.