Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

That's all folks.

K. In case someone does me a solid and kills me.

My current suspected bad guys pre flip:

Fisk, YT, Kasu, Hal

Given that Bif flipped town, my list above remains unchanged. I think these are the scum.

I'll hop on Kasu if that is the way everyone wants to go. But starting with Fisk to make my feelings known.

A reminder:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

"Oh, how do you know that???" she says.

"Because I am the town doctor," says I, and the town would not have two protective roles.

He wasn't the only person to say things like that, but I want to call attention to it.

##vote Fisk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey Hal. So Bif was town. Now what?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh right I was going to ask about that.

Taste did you seriously think the fake sounding part of Bif's role was that she was a Doc/RB jailer?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh right I was going to ask about that.

Taste did you seriously think the fake sounding part of Bif's role was that she was a Doc/RB jailer?

buddy i think i posted why i thought her claim was false ten times if not more

and while two protective roles was a big factor, her posting like a loon was the primary motivator.

What's funny is i seem to recall kb not being moved by the two protective roles argument until now :allears:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

incidentally, kasumeat claimed to believe i was doctor because he rolecopped me

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

and while two protective roles was a big factor, her posting like a loon was the primary motivator.

What's funny is i seem to recall kb not being moved by the two protective roles argument until now :allears:

I mentioned it before. But my primary suspicion early on was actually based on her role being crazy and me thinking this is a vanilla game.

You'll recall that I came around once the mason claim happened and no longer thought she had a chance of being scum.

Also, you'll recall that the only reason I thought she could be scum at all was due to claim related shenanigans. I actually thought she was town on posting.

----

In a way, I hope you aren't actually scum, because then this will be another instance of me being absolutely correct, and you being very very wrong.

But I think it's more likely that you are just scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

I mentioned it before. But my primary suspicion early on was actually based on her role being crazy and me thinking this is a vanilla game.

You'll recall that I came around once the mason claim happened and no longer thought she had a chance of being scum.

Also, you'll recall that the only reason I thought she could be scum at all was due to claim related shenanigans. I actually thought she was town on posting.

----

In a way, I hope you aren't actually scum, because then this will be another instance of me being absolutely correct, and you being very very wrong.

But I think it's more likely that you are just scum.

I was mistaken, but as flerp and others showed, I wasn't wrong in the slightest. I don't regret removing bif from the game in the least.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Then again, what would a game with me as town be without you trying to mislynch me :laugh:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

He claims to have rolecopped you as doc on N1?

Given you are voting him, do you disbelieve that? Or just assume he is a scum rolecop?

Who else do you think is scum now that you are reflecting in light of you being SO VERY WRONG on Bif? ;)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

He claims to have rolecopped you as doc on N1?

Given you are voting him, do you disbelieve that? Or just assume he is a scum rolecop?

Who else do you think is scum now that you are reflecting in light of you being SO VERY WRONG on Bif? ;)

You might intuit that bif's flip affected my read

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't regret removing bif from the game in the least.

ITT, Taste is happy he got a town killed.

Also happy he removed someone who was actually participating, voting, etc. Unlike many in this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You might intuit that bif's flip affected my read

Yup, cool. But who else is scum besides Kasu?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

ITT, Taste is happy he got a town killed.

Also happy he removed someone who was actually participating, voting, etc. Unlike many in this game.

Yes. I'm happy bif is gone from this game. You'll find that i'm now the primary voter and participator, so please remove your vote.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

Yup, cool. But who else is scum besides Kasu?

I'm inclined to think you are, considering how quickly your wristcutting turned to crowing

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yes. I'm happy bif is gone from this game. You'll find that i'm now the primary voter and participator, so please remove your vote.

Eh, it isn't just about # of posts. Once Bif disappeared you eased way back. I felt pretty alone and sad to be in this game with everyone else at EOD yesterday. Pretty sure it is me.

But I'll give you that you showed up. Even if your vote didn't do anything.

I'll think on that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm inclined to think you are, considering how quickly your wristcutting turned to crowing

Really, if I was scum, wouldn't I have KNOWN Bif was town already and been more open about calling you out on how wrong you were pre-flip?

You know very well how happy I am every time I can prove you wrong. That's the reason for the crowing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

But let's take that as if it were reality. Who else is scum?

Or were there only two in this game?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yeah I'm not digging through your 10 page slap fight to pick that poo poo out

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's emotionally draining to have that resolve!

I wanted kasumeat to be town very much, and I probably gave too much credence to him because he supported to me. More so than lynching bif, that was my error yesterday.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

But let's take that as if it were reality. Who else is scum?

Or were there only two in this game?

Kasumeat, surely. Yo, possibly. A lurker, likely.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cool, we can leave it there for now.

I'm interested to hear from everyone else and don't want them to be able to complain about this becoming the Taste and KB show.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

I'm interested to hear from everyone else and don't want them to be able to complain about this becoming the Taste and KB show.

i haven't seen anything to contradict the idea that it's improbable for two such protective roles to exist in a thirteen player game. so i'd vote taste. kasu is fine too.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

oh, duh, it's somber. he's content lurking

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

i haven't seen anything to contradict the idea that it's improbable for two such protective roles to exist in a thirteen player game. so i'd vote taste. kasu is fine too.

If I were the mod, I'd put in a juggernaut and chuckle to myself.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

RF why Kasu?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

chaoslord posted:

RF why Kasu?

I've had a bad feeling about him since D1 and nothing has changed it. He also keeps getting almost-but-not-quite lynched which is never a good sign

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Wait where? I missed this.

Anyway, I thought Bif's posting was town even though with the presence of a Doctor it was a massively unlikely role. But the flip now raises questions about the entire initial premise.

Occam's razor says you're lying, but your play was so similar to the way I'd play Doctor that I'm not sure you actually are and the game is just a little bananas.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Wait where? I missed this.

Anyway, I thought Bif's posting was town even though with the presence of a Doctor it was a massively unlikely role. But the flip now raises questions about the entire initial premise.

Occam's razor says you're lying, but your play was so similar to the way I'd play Doctor that I'm not sure you actually are and the game is just a little bananas.

in our masonchat

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
yo goldfish memory people, remember when YT was nearly dunked yesterday but wasn't

s c u u u m

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
also remember this post-dubkline concern CHeck-in

Somberbrero posted:

i am really really sorry, i got dragged into doing something with my partner and it took way longer than i expected.

s c u i u m #2

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

Votecount for Day 2

Yorkshire Tea (4): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE, CCKeane, flerp, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, King Burgundy
Hal Incandenza (2): Kasumeat, Somberbrero
King Burgundy (2): Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk, Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk
Kasumeat (1): Retro Futurist, King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Somberbrero (0): Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk
Jonathan Fisk (0): SLASHER HAWKE, SLASHER HAWKE
Retro Futurist (0): Kasumeat, Kasumeat

Not Voting (2): chaoslord, Yorkshire Tea

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 14th, 2017 at 9:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 minutes.

talking about yt not getting dunked yesterday, there were a ton of players who contributed to that. i own my own part in it, but look at all those sucky votes. even if i had been around to switch it wouldn't have been enough.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

slashie is right

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Hey Hal. So Bif was town. Now what?

Yeah that was demoralizing. I'm going to blame my general exhaustion but I'm going to overcome that and with the help of my new mason partner I'm gonna crack this thing wide open

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Oy I ain't forgetting YT. What happened at the end of the day to cause him to avoid an execution?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Oy I ain't forgetting YT. What happened at the end of the day to cause him to avoid an execution?

No one showed up really. But here are the votes that weren't on him:

King Burgundy (2): Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk
Kasumeat (1): Retro Futurist

Kasu probably scum, and didn't show to move or anything.

Somber was here and would theoretically have moved back to YT but he got distracted.

Hal was convinced YT was town and that the scum were Bif, Me, and RF

Fisk was on Somber and then was convinced I was the scum. Wasn't interested in voting Kasu or YT.

RF, I dunno if he woulda swapped. But he didn't show.

Chaos didn't show. (All he's done so far today so far also is to ask RF why Kasu, with no opinions of his own this day phase)

YT didn't want to vote anyone I guess. Obviously wouldn't vote for himself, but apparently not interested in getting anyone else voted either.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would swapped. More on principle than anything but YT is definitely on my scum short list

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

It's suspicious as hell to me that YT was the vote leader, didn't get dunked, and today's conversation starts with talk on Kasu. I really don't like that.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

It's suspicious as hell to me that YT was the vote leader, didn't get dunked, and today's conversation starts with talk on Kasu. I really don't like that.

I could still easily go that way today. Feel free to drop a vote and get things started.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Jonathan Fisk posted:

What's my motivation for telling you this if I'm scum? You didn't question me at all, I dropped it totally unprompted. It's a predominantly scummy role so there's a big risk in doing so. For what gain?

King Burgundy posted:

No one showed up really. But here are the votes that weren't on him:

King Burgundy (2): Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk
Kasumeat (1): Retro Futurist

Kasu probably scum, and didn't show to move or anything.

As I explained, I was at work. I work in restaurants, so 9:30 PM is like the worst imaginable deadline for me. I've never have and never will lie about IRL things for mafia purposes, even as scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

CCKeane posted:

I was the vote leader because it was noted d1 that I tried to case instead of just being silent.

I explained that it was because I got Hal and was trying to play as him.

The vote died because there's nothing on me beyond that.

I didn't vote yesterday because the only person with traction was myself by the end of the day.

• Locked thread