Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
bournemouth are losing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0UdzTeHdNA

You all might find this pretty funny. Even I had to laugh.

Poor Dejan.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Two strikers do a better job when they don't spend the whole game holding hands imo.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

bournemouth are losing lol

Howe?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
They're winning now

Friday night football sure is a thing we needed

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

How THE gently caress is Chris Houghton still allowed to be a premier league manager

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Ban him

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

I agree.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Clipboard Chris is a nice fellow

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

straight up brolic posted:

How THE gently caress is Chris Houghton still allowed to be a premier league manager
very nice man and very good at getting clubs promoted. not so good after that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tetsuo posted:

very nice man and very good at getting clubs promoted. not so good after that.

there are a few managers who're good at getting teams promoted then should be immediately sacked

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Palace conceded a goal before we could even muster an MDT

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834434

MDT

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So Americans are waking up to NBCs new 50 dollar paywall for games outside of your normal cable subscription. Neat.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So Americans are waking up to NBCs new 50 dollar paywall for games outside of your normal cable subscription. Neat.

That they announced two months ago.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

That they announced two months ago.

They had a chance to not go forward with it, but here we are, most people unaware because who pays attention to NBCs announcements anyway. Not sure why them announcing it makes it any less cunty

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

NBC Gold also happens to be broken this morning. Can't buy it or log in. Quick twitter search shows the same for a lot of folks. I was willing to pony up but after 10 minutes of trying found a pirated stream in 10 seconds.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

ScooterMcTiny posted:

NBC Gold also happens to be broken this morning. Can't buy it or log in. Quick twitter search shows the same for a lot of folks. I was willing to pony up but after 10 minutes of trying found a pirated stream in 10 seconds.

Some matches are disappeared from the list too once you log on or simply won't start or actually play the wrong match

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

ScooterMcTiny posted:

Same here. I think my payment went through but I requested a refund and am now just watching a Canadian stream.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
lol if u pay for tv

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Some matches are disappeared from the list too once you log on or simply won't start or actually play the wrong match

Here's a nice Liverpool stream

http://www.arysports.ml/p/sports.html?m=1

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Weaponized Cum posted:

lol if u pay for tv

You can't take it with you when you die in the pulse night club shooting

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Liverpool should have spent the seventy million that would have gone to to Southampton for VvD on Tony Pulis so he could have taught our idiot team how to defend a set piece and how to attack one. Seriously, Ben Mee gets a free head at goal that gets cleared off the line so what do we do ten seconds later? Let Ben Mee have another free head at goal. I don't understand why we don't zonal mark with most players and then man mark the danger ones with your best defenders. Our attacking corners are shite too. I don't know why Alexander-Arnold wasn't taking them as he seems to be the only one who can whip a ball at pace that doesn't go straight to the keeper. Our short corners make sense, given our lack of height and ability in the air, but there seems very little plan behind them.

Also, as much as I love Firmino he is a loving passenger when he plays out of position.

I'm hoping we see Woodburn start in the league cup against Leicester and also Gomez starting at centre back. Klavan is well out of his depth unfortunately.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

15 minutes before full time, the commentators said there was a sense among Liverpool supporters in the stadium that the game was over for Liverpool, that they didn't have enough to put it over the top. I remember thinking that was a little premature but it turned out to be 100% accurate.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ewar Woowar posted:

Liverpool should have spent the seventy million that would have gone to to Southampton for VvD on Tony Pulis so he could have taught our idiot team how to defend a set piece and how to attack one. Seriously, Ben Mee gets a free head at goal that gets cleared off the line so what do we do ten seconds later? Let Ben Mee have another free head at goal. I don't understand why we don't zonal mark with most players and then man mark the danger ones with your best defenders. Our attacking corners are shite too. I don't know why Alexander-Arnold wasn't taking them as he seems to be the only one who can whip a ball at pace that doesn't go straight to the keeper. Our short corners make sense, given our lack of height and ability in the air, but there seems very little plan behind them.

Also, as much as I love Firmino he is a loving passenger when he plays out of position.

I'm hoping we see Woodburn start in the league cup against Leicester and also Gomez starting at centre back. Klavan is well out of his depth unfortunately.

lol, source?

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

RideTheSpiral posted:

burnley and two Leicester fixtures. Could have been worse

lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
has the bust ever come in september before?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm still booming tbf.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
As much as I love laughing at Liverpool I wouldn't say the bust has arrived just yet, I predicted a 1-1 draw in my Sky Super 6 (if only I predicted the other results correctly!) because I think Burnley are the blueprint of exactly what this Liverpool team struggles with. There are better teams that will go to Anfield that aren't as defensively organised who will get beat, especially when Liverpool have their entire array of attacking riches on the pitch. Klopp still needs to really come up with a viable plan B though because it won't be long before the teams that don't need to win away at Liverpool/have pride in their style will just copy the Burnley approach, that's a load of potential points bleeding out if not dealt with.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Bacon Terrorist posted:

There are better teams that will go to Anfield that aren't as defensively organised who will get beat

The only one I can really think of is Arsenal, who they already destroyed, and possibly Everton out of a sense of derby pride. Out of the champions league clubs, City are better at being aggressive than Liverpool whilst United, Chelsea and Spurs are far more pragmatic. Everyone else is going to take the Burnley approach.

edit: what I'm trying to say is BUST BUST BUST :twisted:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Maybe instead of Liverpool being bad Bumley are really good and Sean Dyche would be managing Real Madrid if he was foreign?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
i reckon Sean Dyche is ace

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Burnley are the blueprint of exactly what this Liverpool team struggles with.

Memes aside this is the issue I have with Klopp. We all know that Burnley are the type of team we struggle with. It was evident when he first came in (even going back to the Rodgers era) and he has done absolutely nothing to fix it in the last two and a half years. If there's no improvement what's the point?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

Liverpool will never learn to defend set pieces until we have a player who can actually put in a dangerous ball from a set piece. Imagine training all week against our variety of completely useless dead balls and then having to face a team that actually knows what they're doing.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
james milner is good at set pieces

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

EvilHawk posted:

Memes aside this is the issue I have with Klopp. We all know that Burnley are the type of team we struggle with. It was evident when he first came in (even going back to the Rodgers era) and he has done absolutely nothing to fix it in the last two and a half years. If there's no improvement what's the point?

This is something some pundit levelled at Klopp on a podcast after the Watford game (Possibly David Preece?) and it's true: the defence has not improved at all since the Rogers era and it's been a while now, there's really no excuse. Even when Arsenal were in full on 'just score more than the opponent' mode we weren't actually winning as much as we did with the solid defence Wenger inherited, Mourinho dismissing the 5-4 north London Derby as a 'hockey score' as he trundled on to win the title with his 'boring' domination.

Not even sure VVD would solve the problems because Lovren was VVD until he put a Liverpool shirt on, there's definitely a coaching issue there somewhere.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

oliwan posted:

lol, source?

Why do you do this? Please don't discourage seriousposting.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

This is something some pundit levelled at Klopp on a podcast after the Watford game (Possibly David Preece?) and it's true: the defence has not improved at all since the Rogers era and it's been a while now, there's really no excuse. Even when Arsenal were in full on 'just score more than the opponent' mode we weren't actually winning as much as we did with the solid defence Wenger inherited, Mourinho dismissing the 5-4 north London Derby as a 'hockey score' as he trundled on to win the title with his 'boring' domination.

Not even sure VVD would solve the problems because Lovren was VVD until he put a Liverpool shirt on, there's definitely a coaching issue there somewhere.

In fairness Lovren was playing in a completely different system at Southampton. He had Fonte next to him and Wanyama and Schneiderlin ahead of him. The back four was very shielded and the team was pretty tall overall. Now he's being expected to basically defend on his own with Matip. Can or Henderson aren't shielding midfielders and the rest of the team is far more interested in running forward.

I appreciate it's difficult - if you focus more on defending you are inherently going to sacrifice your attack. However, I would take beating Arsenal just 2-0 if it meant we could not concede against Burnley.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Bacon Terrorist posted:

As much as I love laughing at Liverpool I wouldn't say the bust has arrived just yet, I predicted a 1-1 draw in my Sky Super 6 (if only I predicted the other results correctly!) because I think Burnley are the blueprint of exactly what this Liverpool team struggles with. There are better teams that will go to Anfield that aren't as defensively organised who will get beat, especially when Liverpool have their entire array of attacking riches on the pitch. Klopp still needs to really come up with a viable plan B though because it won't be long before the teams that don't need to win away at Liverpool/have pride in their style will just copy the Burnley approach, that's a load of potential points bleeding out if not dealt with.

lol, good luck with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Rumors going around that Pogba could be out 3 months with a hamstring tear

• Locked thread